Back to the Future Mafia - Over: Was Hill Valley saved?

SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:55 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

Prod dodge a go go. I should point out I'm V/LA most weekends as I am also on family duties, plus next weekend is my birthday.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:05 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

So. What is the plan today?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by Antifinity »

I wasn't fishing for reactions from Maru, I was hoping scum would jump off the wagon as it got near a lynch, but instead what I got was even better. Also, masons are impossible because abilities are dependent on time-period, so unless someone got "Mason" as their ability in every time period, it wouldn't really work out.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Maruchan »

Oh good. Antifinity just pointed out that everyone has different roles in different time periods.

I wan't to ask about that but didn't want to be the one to bring it up. WOOT WOTO.

Thanks antifinity.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Post by Shadow Dancer »

In post 126, vezokpiraka wrote:So. What is the plan today?

Lynch scum?! Have any better ideas?
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 118, havingfitz wrote:Un FoS Maruchan. He's annoying as hell but I'm more interested in the case on antifinity. Looking him over harder. Don't see the case on LC.
Why does you interest in antifinity warrant an unvote of Maruchan?

In post 121, ooba wrote:I personally think Antifnity is bad town.
How are you differentiating bad town from scum in this case?

In post 127, Antifinity wrote:I wasn't fishing for reactions from Maru, I was hoping scum would jump off the wagon as it got near a lynch, but instead what I got was even better. Also, masons are impossible because abilities are dependent on time-period, so unless someone got "Mason" as their ability in every time period, it wouldn't really work out.
Make up your mind. You've now said you were voting for the following reasons:
  1. Crazy defense;
  2. Reaction fishing; and,
  3. Hoping scum would jump off the wagon when you joined the wagon.

So for the third reason you thought Maruchan was town being voted by scum and you were hoping to dissuade scum from continuing the wagon by increasing the number of people on it? Why would they have jumped the wagon because you joined?
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by Antifinity »

No, that isn't what I said. I'm fishing for a reaction, not from Maru, but from scum on the wagon, who I expected would jump off as the wagon got too close to lynch.
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by LordChronos »

In post 131, Antifinity wrote:No, that isn't what I said. I'm fishing for a reaction, not from Maru, but from scum on the wagon, who I expected would jump off as the wagon got too close to lynch.

Why would you expect scum to jump off as the wagon got close too lynch? That makes no sense given you think Maru is town. (At least, I think you do, based on your terrible lynch comment in post 86.)
I'm a talking computer.
kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by kiwieagle »

In post 131, Antifinity wrote:No, that isn't what I said. I'm fishing for a reaction, not from Maru, but from scum on the wagon, who I expected would jump off as the wagon got too close to lynch.

I say your being opportunistic and suddenly your saying that you were on the wagon to find people being opportunistic?
Not never dead.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

I'm not seeing atifinity scum here. He's just himself.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Antifinity »

In post 132, LordChronos wrote:

Why would you expect scum to jump off as the wagon got close too lynch? That makes no sense given you think Maru is town. (At least, I think you do, based on your terrible lynch comment in post 86.)

I don't think scum would want to be on an arbitrary lynch of town, 3-4 pages into the first day. That's impossibly suspicious. I was hoping as more people piled on, scum would jump off first.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Maruchan »

His stance makes slight sense, but also at the same time it is very shaky. It was an interesting tactic, but it had as much danger of lynching me as of finding him scum.
Show
Join Now!

Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Post by Antifinity »

I didn't think you'd get lynched, but hey, I found prob-scum, so it evens out, right?
SnakePlissken
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
SnakePlissken
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:13 am

Post by SnakePlissken »

I'm not convinced either way, I think that we are most likely looking at town, town. However I'm not completely ruling out the possibility.
Show
http://www.screen-one.net - For all your Movie needs.

http://s10.zetaboards.com/Screen_One_Forum/index/ Like talking movies & other stuff? Come and Join the discussion.

Alien (Inc. Prometheus) Mafia - Now in Planning stages. Pre Ins accepted. DM for more details
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:08 am

Post by havingfitz »

Labor Day prod dodge.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:01 am

Post by xvart »

Labor Day. Should have a post tonight.
I only read quote walls.

Shadow Dancer
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Shadow Dancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Shadow Dancer »

Just a prod dodge... Had a bad day, and to make things worse those bastards lynche me in campaign mafia..., sorry, just not in the mood to do my reread now...
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:46 am

Post by Maruchan »

Shadow I know how you feel about that campaign mafia. ;)
Show
Join Now!

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by xvart »

When did you determine that it was a scum fueled wagon?

In post 134, vezokpiraka wrote:I'm not seeing atifinity scum here. He's just himself.
More details please.

In post 137, Antifinity wrote:I didn't think you'd get lynched, but hey, I found prob-scum, so it evens out, right?
But you didn't find scum based on your "experiment." Plus, you admit your vote is also OMGUS, so it wasn't like "ooohhh prob scum."
I only read quote walls.

kiwieagle
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
kiwieagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by kiwieagle »

Yeah, the only reason he thinks im scum is cause I pointed out a flaw in his umm "reaction test"
Not never dead.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Dekes »

D1 Vote count #5

Antifinity
(L-3) - kiwieagle, MagnaofIllusion, PeregrineV, xvart, havingfitz
Maruchan
(L-4): Shadow Dancer, Starbuck, LordChronos
PeregrineV
(L-5): SnakePlissken, ooba
Shadow Dancer
(L-6): Maruchan
LordChronos
(L-6): vezokpiraka
kiwieagle
(L-6): Antifinity

Not voting (0)
-

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch and 7 to no lynch.

Deadline expires in (expired on 2011-09-13 19:30:00)

V/LAs:

Starbuck:
09/02 - 09/06
MagnaofIllusion:
09/02 -09/06

Alright, Labor Day's over and I expect you guys to go back to regular activity tomorrow. If activity doesn't pick up by tomorrow night (meaning > 5 prod dodging posts in 24 hours), I'll send out a mass prod, just in case. PeregrineV and ooba are due for a prod, so that's been done already.
Last edited by Dekes on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

@Kiwieagle
– Your content this game has basically revolved around Anti. Who else do you suspect at this early juncture?

@Shadow
– Still waiting for your promised insight re: the Maru wagon.

--

ooba wrote:I personally think Antifnity is bad town.
If he flips town, we should look at xvart, Starbuck\SD and Snake.

1. Why do you feel Antifinity is ‘bad Town’?
2. Why would you look at those four specifically?
3. What do you think of LC?

--

Maru wrote:Oh good. Antifinity just pointed out that everyone has different roles in different time periods.

I wan't to ask about that but didn't want to be the one to bring it up. WOOT WOTO.

Thanks antifinity.

Why do you think that Anti has better an idea of the set-up than you do?

--

Antifinity wrote:I was on the Maru wagon for the same reason I imagine most people were. Reaction fishing. I don't think there is much a chance at all that Maru is scum. Kiwieagle tried to distance himself from the lynch he wasn't even on, which makes it seem like he knew for sure Maru was going to flip town, and was worried Maru might actually get lynched. Since the format makes it unlikely for Masons to exist, I strongly suspect Kiwieagle of knowing Maru is town because Kiwieagle is scum.

Please explain how Kiwieagle is scummy for not thinking Maru was scummy (aka distancing from the wagon) and attacking you for a very weak leap onto a wagon you now say you didn’t even believe in. Because that looks more like behavior coming from someone looking to hunt scum.

Why is no-one else (like, for example, myself) who has called your play scummy scum who was ‘distancing’?

Anti wrote:I wasn't fishing for reactions from Maru, I was hoping scum would jump off the wagon as it got near a lynch, but instead what I got was even better. Also, masons are impossible because abilities are dependent on time-period, so unless someone got "Mason" as their ability in every time period, it wouldn't really work out.

1. It’s a pretty absurd premise that scum would immediately back of a possible quicklynch of Town. Please see Invictus Mafia where Town Spyrex was quicklynched in just the manner you describe. Neither of the scum on the wagon leapt off fearing the result of the wagon. This is hardly the only very recent example of Town early quicklynches that scum didn't fear.

2. Nothing about your statement regarding “Masons are impossible” makes any sense at all. Why again can’t players be Masons in all Time periods again?

--

LC wrote:Never ever?

Nothing is never ever. Don’t be foolish. The fact remains that in a Mini-Theme game scum are very unlikely to be worried about being buddied.

You interest in the very small possibility is noted.

LC wrote:At that point I hadn't gone and read through his other games, so I didn't know he was getting shit in multiple games for his style. At this point, I'd say it's justified.

So you just threw out a weak Meta tell on him that you now are retracting with only one other game as your basis? More on this regarding your response to Shadow's question later in this post.

LC wrote:Expressing disinterest in the lynch as a policy lynch? Duh?

Then it was a fluff, contentless point to begin with. No reason to go out of your way to note you don’t like a Policy lynch Day 1 and then proceed to manufacture bad reasons to support said Policy lynch target’s wagon anyway. That’s scummy.

LC wrote:Point 1 - Don't necessarily mean Town PR or even Town doesn't mean that Obi-Wan Kenobi isn't more likely to be a power role than Zett Jukasa.

Point 2 - Bean, another Big Theme Name in that game, was a PR. Quit suggesting that I'm saying the suggestion (yes, it was a suggestion, if a soft one) of a mass nameclaim is only scummy if big name characters are guaranteed to be town PRs.

Point 3 - See parentheses response in Point 2.

You’ve yet to give single reason why his question was scummy other than you just saying it is. None. It isn’t role-fishing given that there is
ZERO
evidence that themed Names and PRs are related.

If you can’t find a scum motivation for what wasn’t a call for a Mass-Name-Claim in the first place then your stance is weak and scummy. I’m waiting for said motivation other than “I think it’s scummy”. That’s just you looking to label something scummy without being able to actually articulate why.

LC wrote:I thought you said he didn't suggest a mass name claim. Make up your mind. Why the heck are we talking like his only experience with claiming is that game, anyway? He has more posts than I do and has been in/is in about 2/3 as many games on this site as I have, and I don't see you clamoring that I'm new and my experience is limited.

He didn’t but you refuse to actually acknowledge this so I thought I would approach it from asking you to justify your position.

You dodged my question with this response.

Again ( as I have asked above ) – why do you find it scummy? I want actual scum motivation for what you claim was calling for a mass name claim.

LC wrote:Let me ask you something, MoI. What if I came into this game and said I've never had experience with a neighbor or neighborizer role before? Would you attack me for lying? Would you back off me if I said in response that I meant never off site? Would you back off me if you made a mistake about the level to which I was involved in an event in a recent game?

Again you are dodging the question and I’m getting rather sick of this behavior from you LC.

You directly lied regarding that game. He directly lied (according to you) regarding his experience based on that game. Why aren’t you just as scummy as he is?

LC wrote:Also, read my quote again. I didn't ask why you didn't ask him why he asked about the name claim. I asked why you didn't ask him why he would ask that question in this game with names but not his previous game with names.

I don’t care why he asked the question. There’s no scum motivation in asking it as I’ve said.

LC wrote:@SD

Yes, same game.

Ok, so you were attacking him on meta being different when he was a Serial killer in the game in question? Scumtastic.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Antifinity
Antifinity
Goon
Antifinity
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Antifinity »

In post 144, kiwieagle wrote:Yeah, the only reason he thinks im scum is cause I pointed out a flaw in his umm "reaction test"

I think you're the scummiest player currently, because of this:
In post 78, kiwieagle wrote:also for those curious, I find Maru townish and his lynch in page 4 is heavily opportunistic.

Yeah, I looked at you because I'm a very defensive player, but having your first analysis beyond "lolscum" being "oh, and I totally disagree with this lynch, just saying" isn't just not-scumhunting, it makes it look like you're trying to claim some sort of pro-town credit for knowing Maru is town.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Maruchan »

In post 146, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Maru wrote:Oh good. Antifinity just pointed out that everyone has different roles in different time periods.

Thanks antifinity.

Why do you think that Anti has better an idea of the set-up than you do?

I don't. I just don't want to be the person the town says "YOU IDIOT YOU JUST TOLD SCUM THAT WE ALL HAVE MULTIPLE ROLES" to. So I didn't want to ask if everyone else had multiple roles. However, Antifinity pointed it out without being asked, so I like him. ^_^

MagnaofIllusion wrote:2. Nothing about your statement regarding “Masons are impossible” makes any sense at all. Why again can’t players be Masons in all Time periods again?

There is nothing impossible about it, however Antifinity I believe has a role PM similar to mine in which we change roels with the time period. If yours is different, please enlighten us or not as you see fit.
Show
Join Now!

xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Post by xvart »

In post 148, Maruchan wrote:There is nothing impossible about it, however Antifinity I believe has a role PM similar to mine in which we change roels with the time period. If yours is different, please enlighten us or not as you see fit.
I would caution against assuming that shifting roles are indication of town alignment. I would assume that the same mechanics that might alter town roles may also alter scum roles; similar to the Color Concentration mafia mechanic.
I only read quote walls.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”