StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare IIIS: The Dungeon (Game over)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

StrangerCoug's Worst Nightmare IIIS: The Dungeon (Game over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Katsuki and SpyreX were killed in the invasion of Dreamland Castle. Then suddenly, StrangerCoug awakened.

He picked up his watch from his computer desk and looked at the date. Saturday. He had two days of freedom, as if he could be bothered to do anything with his freedom other than sit at a computer.

"Well, since I don't have to go anywhere today," StrangerCoug said, "I might as well read some—"

Suddenly, a cold hand grabbed StrangerCoug's shoulder. He turned around and saw Parama.

"Some what?" he said. "News about you killing SpyreX? This may not be exactly the same 'reality' as when he died, but the damage has still been done. You killed an innocent, and you know what the laws of Dreamland provide for that."

Parama dragged StrangerCoug into the dungeon—this was still Dreamland Castle, apparently. He threw him in and closed the gate. Whether Parama locked the gate or not wasn't clear to StrangerCoug. Parama also said nothing of how long StrangerCoug was supposed to be in this prison.

"Whose side are you on anyway, Parama?" StrangerCoug yelled.

"Maybe this is your servant reminding you that you are not above the law; maybe I'm an opportunistic invader. I'm not telling."

StrangerCoug wanted to kill his dream self and return to reality. He tried several things, but each time the suicide attempt was thwarted. He clumsily dropped a heavy sword on the ground and couldn't pick it back up. Running into the window was like running into a brick wall. He poured what he thought was gasoline on himself and tried to ignite himself with a candle. It was actually water.

"Sorry, Coug," Parama's voiced called. "No escaping punishment."

Only now did it occur to him to try the gate. Yep—it was locked. But by whom?

StrangerCoug had to watch the rest of the events fold behind the medieval version of bars. Would Dreamland Castle hold?

Spoiler: ALIVE (11/21)
Antihero, whose role remains unknown, has survived the endgame.
Charlie, who replaced manho, who was a
post-restricted townie
, has survived the endgame.
chesskid3, who was a
post-restricted townie
Espeonage, whose role remains unknown, has survived the endgame.
Knight of Cydonia, who replaced Me=Weird, who was a
vanilla townie
Lady Lambdadelta, who was a
vanilla townie
Parama, who was a
vanilla townie
smargaret, who was a
vanilla townie
Tasky, who was a
compulsive vigilante
The Stove (hydra of AGar and Papa Zito), who was a
vanilla townie
Twomz, who was a
vanilla townie

Spoiler: DEAD (10/21)
apathyplusCUPCAKES (hydra of Katsuki and MehPlusRawr), whose role remains unknown, has been defenestrated on Night 0.
Nero Cain, who was a
Mafia goon
, has been locked in a portable toilet that was then set on fire on Day 1.
Baby Spice, who was a
post-restricted cop
, has been lynched on Day 1.
Mafuyu, who was a
Mafia voyeur
, has been blown up on Night 1.
Nobody Special, who was a
Mafia goon
, has been disemboweled on Day 2.
mothrax, who replaced Blooderection (hydra of BloodCovenant and cateraction), who was a
vanilla townie
, has been lynched on Day 2.
Toon Fighter, who replaced sakshijain, who was a
jack of all trades
, has been stabbed on Day 3.
Chronopie, who replaced Framm 18, whose role remains unknown, has been lynched on Day 3.
Fate, who replaced xvart, who replaced bhavitgoyal, who was a
vanilla townie
, has been run over on Night 3.
Nachomamma8, who replaced Reckamonic , who was a
Mafia jailkeeper
, has been axed on Day 4.

IMPORTANT LINKS

Rules. Yes, they're important.
Day 1 start | Day 1 daykill | Day 1 end
Day 2 start | Day 2 daykill | Day 2 end
Day 3 start | Day 3 daykill | Day 3 end
Day 4 start | Day 4 end/Endgame

CURRENT STATUS

Game over
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

RULES
  1. This is a closed setup, which means the only roles you will know in advance are your own and that of any other player I mention in your role PM. All other role information is secret, including how many players with a certain role exist and even if the role exists in the first place. Yes, a game with absolutely no vanilla townies is possible. It's been done before.
    THIS IS A BASTARD MOD GAME.
    Expect me to screw up on purpose, do something nasty to someone (get your head out of the gutter!), or otherwise do something to try to get people to hate me for this game. Experience is
    STRONGLY
    encouraged.
  2. The preferred voting method is to put vote tags around the player's name, but I will still accept the old method of bolding the word "vote" followed by said player's name, e.g. VOTE: StrangerCoug or
    Vote: StrangerCoug
    . As long as I can tell to whom you are referring, spelling does not count and I will accept abbreviated or otherwise shortened forms of the name of the vote's recipient. If you change your mind about whom you want lynched, you must post the unvote tags or bold an unvote, preferably in the format UNVOTE: StrangerCoug. You may also VOTE: No Lynch, unvoted the same way as before.
  3. A majority of votes is required for a lynch, even at deadline. Once a lynch has been decided, it is final and further votes and unvotes do not count for the current day. If deadline is reached with no player having enough votes for a lynch, the day ends in an automatic No Lynch.
  4. Once you die, I'll allow one "bah" post that doesn't contain any game-related content if you wish to make it, but you must thereafter stop posting in the game. Said "bah" post is the only post a dead player may make during twilight. Living players may continue to talk during twilight as long as they follow all of the rules.
  5. You are not forced to like each other, but the fact that you badly want so and so offed does not give you the right to insult him or her. Please keep your hatred of people or groups thereof to yourself. Profanity is not in and of itself banned, but if it gets out of hand, it falls under this rule.
  6. Do not hide text or otherwise hinder its readability by using spoiler tags, invisible or encrypted text, etc. You may, however, post in any color that can be easily read against the forum background other than
    purple
    . (I know it sounds arbitrary to forbid a specific color, but I'm saving my favorite color for mod use since I am the mod :P)
  7. Impersonating the moderator is prohibited.
  8. Unless you're the moderator (that's me, obviously), co-moderator (that's nobody), or backup moderator (that's SpyreX) of this game, please do not delete or edit any posts in this thread.
  9. You are not allowed to discuss this game outside of the thread unless I tell you otherwise, nor are you allowed to discuss other ongoing games in this thread. Players using a hydra account are
    ALWAYS
    allowed to talk privately to the other players in the hydra as long as it is alive.
  10. Do not quote or pretend to quote any private communication, either from me or from anyone else you are allowed to talk with at night. This includes your role PM. You are allowed to paraphrase, but you are not allowed to plagiarize. If in doubt as to your paraphrase's legality, PM me with the wording you want to use.
  11. Claiming to be scum with someone else is prohibited.
  12. I will issue a prod to any player that does not post for 72 hours without notifying me of his or her absence. (I'm sorry, but I do not check the V/LA thread. If you do not tell me to do so, neither will I check your signature.) If you are prodded, you will have 48 hours from the time of submission to post in thread. Failure to do so may result in replacement. Keep in mind that I have the board time down to the second. I will only prod the same player twice—after that, he or she must post every 72 hours to ensure that he or she remains in the game.
  13. The fastest and preferred way to get ahold of me is by PM'ing me, but you may also communicate to me in thread if it is day or twilight and you are still alive. To do so, bold "Mod:" followed by what you want to tell me, as in
    Mod: Please prod StrangerCoug
    or
    Mod: StrangerCoug should have five votes, not four.
    Please use your judgment call in whether or not what you want to tell me should be public knowledge before talking to me in the thread. In additon, I will not entertain questions regarding possible night actions, nor will I answer questions about a person's role unless you happen to be the person in question and you ask me privately.
  14. Rule violations will be dealt with case by case based on severity. This can be a warning (of which I will only give two per player), ejection from the game, or even a modkill. Modkills are not a fun experience for anybody—the players affected automatically lose, I do it in the manner that I consider most harmful to their factions, and I die on the inside every time I have to do it.
    PLEASE
    save all of us the pain and be on your best, rule-abiding behavior.
  15. I am not God. If I make any mistakes whatsoever, please let me know.
  16. All rules are subject to change. In my previously modded games, things have come up that I didn't think about, and both my own and other's actions in those games have helped shape and modify these rules. It may happen again here.
  17. The most important rule of all, saved for last for what I think is a very good reason:
    HAVE FUN!
    Enjoy! And good luck!
For the sample role PM, StrangerCoug wrote:StrangerCoug, you are a . You were just another character in Dreamland until one night when the monsters came from under my bed and gave my brain hell. Now I am calling on you to get rid of them for the sake of my sanity. It looks tough, but it can be done.

You have no gun, no badge, no first-aid kit, no magic thingamajiggers, absolutely nothing special except for three things—the same bad dream that I do, your brain, and voting abilities. But those three things are all you need to end my nightmare!

You win when all threats to Dreamland have been eliminated from the game. Most dreams start at night, and so does this game (yep—I've reverted back)—meaning that you can die without even posting.

Please PM me back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The thread is here.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

I'm supposed to be cooking, so as a speedup measure you may get your role PM from SpyreX instead of me. I assure you, though, that the roles
HAVE
been determined, but they do need minor edits to be neat and sensical.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Night 0 ends in 72 hours; you have until then to confirm.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

You hear the shattering of glass coming from one of the towers. You run up to see what happened and see a gaping hole in the window. apathyplusCUPCAKE's dead body lay below, floating with the broken pieces of the window in the moat.

One of you runs down and attempts to figure out what he is. You go through everything in his possession and come up with nothing. You're not even sure whether he supports StrangerCoug's release or wants him to rot in the dungeon cell. What the hell
WAS
he!?

apathyplusCUPCAKES, whose role remains unknown, has been defenestrated on Night 0.

Day 1 begins with 20 alive and 11 to lynch.

Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:48 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

Vote: The Stove

I was getting suspicious of AGar in III.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Post by Parama »

oh hi there mafia janitor i'm sorry but we can't be friend

vote: Nobody Special
for being unspecial and... NORMAL.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Post by Mafuyu »

Vote Babyspice
due to failtag.
Guh. The words.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Where were we?

Oh yes! That's right!

Vote: Framm 18

Let's just get back to where we left off :')
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Votazione: Blooderection
Politica di RVS.

Ho una restrizione post!
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Parama »

OH GOD THE LANGUAGE PR IS BACK
*checks babelfish*
Italian this time it seems.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:02 pm

NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN STRANGER.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT. >.<

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:03 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

You are corect, Parama. This is Italian.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Sei corect, Parama. Questo è l'italiano.

Cazzo il mio male

per favore non mi modkill

Ho dimenticato di copiare la versione tradotta
Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by Mafuyu »

Wait, what.
How do you fail your PR in two posts?
Guh. The words.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by smargaret »

Italian now?

I speak Spanish and French, so I can help interpret Chesskid's post, but I'd like someone who actually speaks the language to double check.

VOTE: Twomz

because I have no idea how to pronounce your name and it's going to drive me batty.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Faccio schifo, ecco come: P
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Posso citare i messaggi degli altri in inglese?
Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by Mafuyu »

smargaret wrote:Italian now?

I speak Spanish and French, so I can help interpret Chesskid's post, but I'd like someone who actually speaks the language to double check.

VOTE: Twomz

because I have no idea how to pronounce your name and it's going to drive me batty.
Tw
ang + Zombie N
omz
Guh. The words.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by Antihero »

Lady Lambdadelta wrote:NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN STRANGER.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT. >.<
Hey, watch your f@#$ing language.

VOTE: Lady Lambdadelta
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Mafuyu
Mafuyu
Goon
Mafuyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Mafuyu »

Unvote Vote LLD

Mafuyu is interested.
Guh. The words.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Mafuyu wrote:
Unvote Vote LLD

Mafuyu is interested.

...?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

LLD - E 'la RVS, affrontarla.

Domande per le persone che hanno giocato le prime due partite di questa forma -
Sono ruoli tipicamente rivelato sulla morte e che è stato un qualche tipo di capacità custode, o sono ruoli non rivelato?
Inoltre, circa il modo in bastardo devo aspettare che questo gioco sia?
Me=Weird
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Me=Weird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Me=Weird »

I believe you're asking if there are usually no reveal roles, or if it's some other role blocking the reveal.
I haven't encountered a unrevealed role, but this is a SC bastard mod, so. It's more likely a (scum) janitor, which targets a person who's killed and blocks the reveal.
Show
"Me=Weird did the best "I'm a power role but I'm not going to get targeted" play I think I've ever seen." - Amished

Mini 1267, a 9p Mini Normal is Day 1, page 4.

Cheese Mafia: a 25p(?) large theme about a big corporation buying up all the little individual cheese sellers.
On hold for lack of reviewers. PM me!
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Sì, era la mia domanda.

Grazie

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”