Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Mafia of the Chosen Ones (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:17 pm

Post by Vi »

Thirteen years after the incident described as "Mafia on Holy Orders", the Alnara region was razed by an evil cult of money and power, backed by the influence and foreknowledge of the Fallen Prince.

On the western side of Alnara, an arena was constructed. Not content with merely murdering innocents, those who looked talented, clever, or strong were taken prisoner and brought to the arena as a spectacle. Each week, the arena hosted a brutal challenge - lethal mazes, mismatched pitfights, or simply torture - within which the captives were forced to fight to survive another week until they simply perished. Hope was only possible for those who were strong enough to survive a month in those arbitrary conditions.

This week's challenge? A game of Mafia... A mob of Righteous strangers - untrained civilians, united only by their refusal to swear allegiance to the forces of darkness - was herded into the arena. They were culled from all over the region, with no other ties to each other. A few of them were planted, of course... Demons of the same kind that opened the gates for this new world order thirteen years ago. The mob was ordered to find and kill the Demons among them until none remained - or be preyed upon until none remained. Of course, the Demons could secretly signal a hidden sniper to open fire on a particular civilian during the chaos of the lynch... It was all planned to be as protracted and brutal as possible.

From somewhere above, a Fallen Seraph gleefully watched as the crowd of humans was led into the arena, eagerly anticipating the senseless bloodshed to follow. At least, until another figure showed up. A Loyal Seraph apparated above the arena as well. Understandably concerned that this was hardly a fair fight for the civilians, the Loyal Seraph planned on evening the odds... and the Fallen Seraph took that as a challenge.

A desperate fight for survival on earth, silently manipulated by a unseen duel in the sky... A large crowd of rich onlookers filled the arena, eager to be entertained. If nothing else, let what could be your last week on earth be thrilling and worth the living!

A large horn blows to indicate that the event has begun... The anticipation of the battle of wits is overwhelming... Cue mood music.

Important Links:

Original Player List:

1) AGar
2) AlmasterGM
3) Andrius
4) Baby Spice
5) Empking
6) Equinox
7) Fate
8) Furcolow
9) Guderian
10)
h
i
t
o
g
o
r
o
s
h
i

11) inHimshallibe
12) Jack
13) Katsuki
14) Kitoari
15) Magua
16)
M
e
r
k
a
b
a
h
(Amished + VP Baltar hydra)
17) mothrax
18) Nachomamma8
19)
P
l
u
m

20) RayFrost
21) Rhinox
22) singersigner
23)
s
o
t
t
y
r
u
l
e
z
(Sotty7 + Zachrulez hydra)
24) VasudeVa
25) vezokpiraka

Spoiler: Final Outcomes
Either Work Hard or You Might As Well Quit:
(bolded = confirmed)
[...]

I Know You're Out There Somewhere - Somewhere You Can Hear My Voice:

[...]

Burning You Up, Ready or Not!:

5. Empking - Righteous - Incinerated Day 3.
3. Andrius - Righteous
Neighborizer
- Incinerated Day 5...

h
i
t
o
g
o
r
o
s
h
i
-
Loyal Seraph
- Incinerated Day 7...

Hey, Little Sister--SHOTGUN:

6. Equinox - Righteous
Doctor
- Sniped Day 2...
15. Magua - Righteous - Sniped Day 4.
24. VasudeVa - Righteous - Sniped Day 6.

If That's Your Best, Your Best Won't Do!:

25. vezokpiraka - Righteous - Rejected Day 1.

14. Kitoari - Dark Demon - Rejected Day 2!

9. Guderian - Righteous - Rejected Day 3.
13. Katsuki - Righteous - Rejected Day 4.
4. Baby Spice - Righteous - Rejected Day 5.
2. AlmasterGM - Righteous - Rejected Day 6.
17. mothrax - Righteous - Rejected Day 6.

11. inHimshallibe -
Darkened
Shadow Demon - Rejected Day 7!

Like a Jigsaw Puzzle With a Couple of Pieces Gone:

s
o
t
t
y
r
u
l
e
z
-
Loyal Seraph
- Abandoned Day 7...

M
e
r
k
a
b
a
h
-
Fallen Seraph
- Abandoned Day 7...
P
l
u
m
-
Fallen Seraph
- Abandoned Day 7...

Might as Well be Walkin' on the Sun:

21. Rhinox - Righteous - Attempted the impossible Day 1.
1. AGar - Righteous - Attempted the impossible Day 3.

7. Fate -
Darkened
Shadow Demon - Attempted the impossible Day 4!

12. Jack -
Darkened
Shadow Demon
Memetic Vigilante
- Attempted the impossible Day 6!!!

Tell Me Why This is a Land of Confusion!:

8. Furcolow - Righteous - Inquisited Day 6.

20. RayFrost -
Shadowed Unstoppable
Dark Demon - Inquisited Day 7!!!

22. singersigner - Righteous
Doctor Memetic Vigilante
- Inquisited Day 9...

18. Nachomamma8 -
Tarhalindur, Penn Jillette Over Mafia
- Atheist Illusionist
Doctor Memetic Vigilante
- Inquisited Day 9!!!

That Shape is My Shade, There Where I Used to Stand:

[...]
Last edited by Vi on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:11 am, edited 66 times in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by Vi »

How this game works:

Ruleset is completely original, or it was before it was stolen from Vi.
Rules in bold have changed from the norm or are otherwise especially worth reading.

--Confirmation Period (Pregame):
What is it?
This is the period between when you /in to play and when I open the game thread for Day 1.
Pregame is for Confirming AND...
Confirmation will be done via PM in this game. After I create the game thread, I will send out Role PMs. Please confirm by quoting your Role PM to me and adding "/confirm". In addition, see
Revised Holy Orders
below.
Can we start yet?
When all but three players have confirmed, I will unlock the game thread for Day 1.

--Day:
What is it? What do I do?
This is the period during which everyone who's alive can post in this topic. The Righteous (Town) wishes to find and lynch the members of the Demons (Mafia) or anyone else whose Win Condition requires the Righteous to die.
What is voting, and how do I do it?
Players may vote for a person they want to see lynched by posting
Vote: PLAYERNAME
somewhere in their posts. I won't accept it if it's not in bold, but if it looks like it's in that format I'll accept it.
What is unvoting?
You can also unvote players, like:
Unvote: PLAYERNAME
. This is not required in between votes, but helpful.
Do we have to lynch?
You are allowed to vote to No Lynch (
Vote: No Lynch
). This will take effect if no other majority can be formed from the players off the No Lynch wagon.
Can the Mafia talk to each other during the Day?
Yes.
Prod/Replacement Policy:
Prods will be made on players who have been absent for 72 hours. Players who do not respond to prods within 48 hours will be forcibly replaced at the earliest opportunity.
Player Abandonment Policy:
If half of the player list needs replacement at any one time, I will ask the remaining players if they want to keep the game alive. If a majority of the remaining players does not respond "Yes" OR I cannot find replacements within three days, I will declare the game abandoned and it will end right there.
Deadlines:
See the Hawt New Game Mechanic. You know what's coming.~
When does the Day end?
The Day ends when a certain number of players (called the lynch threshold and usually a true majority of the living players) is voting the same player or No Lynch. If a majority of the living players are voting for someone, that player will immediately be LYNCHED (killed, removed from the game) and the next Day will begin.
What happens at deadline?
The Day ends, the vote count is reset, and the next Day begins.
I have more than one Role Action! Can I use them all at once?
Yes.
Role Overlap Policy:
Contradictions in action resolution (i.e. mutual roleblocks) are resolved by giving the first action submitted priority. This ONLY applies if actions cannot be resolved normally.

--Twilight:
*sparkle*
THIS IS WHAT TRUE FEAR LOOKS LIKE
What is it?
This is the period between when the hammer vote (the last vote placed that put someone at a majority) and when the mod shows up to post a reveal. There is nothing special about Twilight in this game.

--Night:
What is it?
Something that doesn't apply to this game. This game is Instant Night.

--THINGS THAT YOU CANNOT DO:
Can I talk about this game elsewhere?
While this game is ongoing, you are NOT allowed to discuss it in other topics/games (as this will likely get you modkilled in that game
as well as
this one). PMing other players about the game will result in a modkill. This game is in
this topic
, the Mafia QuickTopic, and in specific places that have previously been given my okay. That's it.
You use cool colors! Can I use them?
No. Impersonating the mod is both cheesy and fraudulent. I will use
gray
in my modtext. Do not use gray in your posts, or risk being modkilled.
I know how to prove my Towniness! I'll post my Role PM!
No you won't. Quoting your Role PM or anything I tell you via PM will result in your modkill.
Okay, but I can still prove my Towniness through other, clever ways...
No you won't. As a moderator I try to avoid betraying who the scum are through any means. If you try to break the game, etc. through invisible text, cryptography, etc., you will be modkilled.
I have mod powers... so I can edit/delete this post... right?
No. What you post in this topic STAYS in this topic. If you multipost because the board is messing up, I will not delete the extra posts.
I'm dead. Can I still post?
No, with one exception. A recently decased player may make a "bah" post consisting of the word "Ouch". If you like, you may instead post "Ouchies". You may also include a :( . Nothing else is acceptable. You have 20 posts from the time of your death to make this "bah" post.
You talk a lot about modkills. What is a modkill?
Pretty self-explanatory on its face - I kill you immediately. I also change your role retroactively to Neutral Survivor - meaning you auto-lose. If you give away game-sensitive information, I will kill one of your partners too - something you REALLY don't want.

--Other:
Stuff (stolen from Wizcat).
I am never wrong. Unless, of course, reality has warped, making me wrong. Please point occasions where this may have occurred out to me so that I may kick reality's ass. I specifically read for bold text, so use that if you want my attention.
Theme Game Disclaimer.
This game is not obligated to make sense until it is over. I may include any number of exotic roles and abilities in this game -
and you will like it
2)
Miscellaneous.
Play to win.
3)
Other Things.
Have fun. Or else. And remember, it's a game - keep it classy and don't take things personally; everyone's doing what they have to to win.
4)
One More Thing.
Don't annoy the mod. The mod annoys back.
5)
Etc..
Etc. (Note: I reserve the right to clarify "Etc." at any time, to include adding or changing rules. You will be notified if that happens.)

--Hawt New Game Mechanic rules:
Instant Night.
There is no Night phase. The default action resolution time is immediately at deadline or lynch time. Actions submitted by players who die during the Day (i.e. by lynching) will not be counted.
Battery-Powered Deadlines.
With each vote count I will tell you what percentage of the Day remains. That percentage will decrease according to a number of factors, the most important one being genuine activity. When the percentage reaches 0%, the deadline falls and the Day ends.
QuickTopic Repost Policy.
Publicly posting QuickTopics that you are given for this game is grounds for modkill. Don't do it.
Revised Holy Orders.
You know the following mechanics are in the game.
*Pregame and before any Role PMs are sent out, each player must vote for two players to become Seraphs. In the interest of protecting game integrity, the mod may instill some election fraud into the process.
*Each Seraph may choose one other player (other than the other Seraph, silly) to partner with them in sort of a hydra relationship. Aside from being more fun this way, this also makes Seraph V/LA much less of an issue.
*One Seraph will represent the Demons, the other Seraph will represent the Righteous. You will not know which one represents whom, though - that will be decided after the elections.
*Neither Seraph may speak or vote inthread.
*Each Seraph will wield modlike power over the setup, capable of granting power roles, altering the mechanics, and so forth. This power is tempered by the cost they must pay to use each of these abilities, measured in Faith.
*Most Holy Orders can only be used once.
*With a few exceptions, a single Seraph may not target the same player with multiple Holy Orders.
*Some Holy Orders will cost more or cost less based on when they are used.
*Each real-time day both Seraphs' Faith will increase by 10%, rounded down. If this is increase would be 0, that Seraph's Faith will increase by 1 as something of a pity gesture.
*Each time a lynch is achieved (someone must be lynched; No Lynch doesn't qualify) both Seraphs will receive a boost in Faith proportional to the remaining battery power.
*If a Seraph dies somehow, there will be an extreme penalty for that Seraph's faction.
Basically, read the Role PMs from Mafia on Holy Orders. Expect that sort of thing again.
Last edited by Vi on Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Post by Vi »

These are some sample PMs that may go out over the course of the game.
~NAME~

Welcome to
Mafia on Holy Orders
. You are one of the
Righteous

You have no special abilities at this time.

You win when no living player's Win Condition requires members of the Righteous to die.

Please confirm via PM. I wish you the best of luck.
--HOLY ORDER--

You have been granted the following ability.
Doctor
- Each Day you may choose a living player. If they are targeted by a kill at the end of the Day, that kill will be blocked.
Hope this helps! Good luck!
--HOLY ORDER--

You have received the following message.
This is a message from Lord Nergal. I await you on the Dread Isle.
Last edited by Vi on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Vi »

Role randomization is in progress. Please confirm via PM.

When I have received 21 confirms, I will begin the game.

All Role PMs are out! Please confirm!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Vi »

And... that's enough confirms. We're ready to go!

Vote Count 0:
Come sail away!

Not Voting:
AGar, AlmasterGM, Andrius, Baby Spice, Empking, Equinox, Fate, Furcolow, Guderian, inHimshallibe, Jack, Katsuki, Kitoari, Magua, mothrax, Nachomamma8, RayFrost, Rhinox, singersigner, VasudeVa, vezokpiraka

-It is now Day 1!

--With 21 alive, it will take 11 to lynch.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
(100%)
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Magua »

A WINNAR IS ME

VOTE: Jack for [redacted]
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Equinox »

VOTE: Baby Spice

Because I keep thinking of that
avatar whenever I see "Baby Spice."

Hi everyone I've already met, hi everyone I haven't met, and hi everyone I may have met while reading games.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:01 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Vote: Vezok

Die. Now.

This is not a drill.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by Kitoari »

VOTE: Equinox

For being a good IC and generally helpful.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Post by mothrax »

Hi all!
Vote: AGar
for being the first alphabetically not to have posted.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by Fate »

VOTE: VEZOK
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Yesssssssss.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:15 pm

Post by Guderian »

The Heavenly Post

Current Events: War Begins!

This is your beat reporter on the ground, Mr. Moley Mole! I'll be covering this cataclysmic battle for us all. War has begun between good and evil, and even the gods have decided to take sides. Who will win? One things for sure, nobody knows!

Vote Count: Whos Up Whos Down!

A shadowy figure in a maroon mask dropped into our offices today with a sealed envelope covered in blood. When we opened it, all it read was
Vote :Jack

Our forensic team is trying to decipher who this man was, and where this blood could possibly come from. Stay tuned.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Fate »

YOU BETTER CUT THAT SHIT OUT REAL QUICK OR VOTE VEZOK.

I DON"T HAVE FUCKING TIME FOR THIS.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Kitoari »

I'm sick of post gimmicks

please spare me guderian

Fate, Alm: Why the vezok hate?
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Fate »

INSTEAD OF SPENDING 3 PAGES REHASHING MY RAGE, I"LL LET AGM TELL YOU.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Equinox »

Instead of letting AlmasterGM tell me, I'll just blatantly bandwagon.

Unvote, Vote: vezokpiraka
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Guderian »

BREAKING NEWS:

A strange man was rushed to hospital today with a blood clot and burst artery. Doctors reported it was from extremely sever high blood pressure, compounded by uncontrollable anger. When questioned who the man was, Doctors could only respond that the man muttered curtly and angrily "i'm fate, i'm fate " before slipping into unconsciousness.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by Fate »

DO I GET MY DAYVIG YET OR DO I HAVE TO FUCKING BEG?
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Kitoari »

[redacted]--link to ongoing game ~Vi
Last edited by Vi on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by AlmasterGM »

Why Vezok? I'll tell you.

VEZOK SINGLE-HANDEDLY LOSES GAMES FOR THE TOWN.

Because he NEVER posts content and he NEVER justifies reads ... but he posts JUST ENOUGH so that he doesn't get replaced so you have to deal with his SCUMMY, UNREADABLE ASS THE ENTIRE FUCKIN GAME. And it's not like he shapes up under pressure, either. There could be six different people yelling at him and he won't do SHIT about it.

Then, when he gets a PR, HE NEVER FUCKIN USES IT, SO IT IS COMPLETELY WASTED. COMMMMPLEEETLY. WASTED. DOWN. THE. GODDANED. DRAIN.

AND THEN, when you finally get to lylo, he's sitting there and you're like, "Hey vezok, what ever happened to that PR you had?" and he's like "LOL IM A HUGE FUCKIN NOOB AND I FORGOT TO USE IT EXCEPT FOR THE ONEEEE TIME .... when I used it ON SCUM, so it can't be confirmed. LOL."

And then you lynch him, and then he flips town, and you're like

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK VEZOK.

This is the one lynch that EVERYONE can get behind because vezok will ALWAYS be scum sooner or later, so you might as well just deal with it SOONER so he doesn't accidentally get a PR or get a PR wasted on him.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Kitoari »

Thank you Vi for sparing me in my infinite stupidity.

In other news, I figured that only a recent game could incite this much RAEG, so I went and found this.

VEZOK VERY MUCH DIE NOW

UNVOTE: VOTE: vezokpiraka
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Jack »

Seraphs receive a boost from quicklynches, so lynching vezok as fast as possible could work well for those of you that are town.

vote:Vezok
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Jack »

*us
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Post by Andrius »

HEY YO SO WE SHOULD QUICKLYNCH DAY ONE FOR EXTRA FAITH FOR THE SERAPHS.
Vote: vezokpiraka
<<< BEST CHOICE FOR A D1 QUICKLYNCH AND/OR POLICY LYNCH.

(I was going to randomly select a player for quicklynch off random.org (yes, my name included), but vezok's recent failures across the board and past history are reason enough)
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”