A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

A Storm of Swords - Lay your swords down!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

MODS: Eddard Stark (Faraday/Seacore)
Reviewer: Empking

Prologue

Ser Boros Blount adjusted his sword belt over his girth as he exited the brothel. The smell of smoke, ash and the sickly sweet smell of burnt Alchemist's piss was in the air, weeks after the last fires had finally been put out.

The city was crowded, as it always had been, but the crowds had finally started to turn back from hungry desperate mobs to bustling city folk, even if much of their city was in ruins. Still, things were looking up. Food and money had re-entered the city, both due to the arrival of the Tyrell's and their aligned houses. That meant better meals, healthier whores, and less danger while looking after that little snot of a king. Boros prided himself on calling things as he saw it, without fear of reprimand, he just did it from the safety of his mind.

He rounded a corner, debating whether to focus the rest of his night on more drinking or more whoring, and he eyed a pair of Goldcloaks. He turned around and started running towards the castle, his fat chest bouncing up and down with each stride.

The Goldcloaks had been tied up by their ankles and slaughtered. A scrawled not was stapled to one of their bodies with a knife and it read "
Wolves are subject to neither Lions nor False Stags
."

His lungs burning, Boros shouted for more of the city guard, "Wolves! There's wolves in the city! The Starks have come!"

Playing the 'Game of Thrones' (alive)

Spoiler:
10) Hasdgfas

Praying with the seven (dead)

Spoiler: Dead
12)Xtoxm -
Catelyn Stark - Stark Neighbouriser
was killed day 1
17) Zoraster -
Oberyn Martell, Self Aligned lyncher
was lynched Day 1
1) Chesskid3 -
‘The Imp’ Tyrion Lannister, Lannister Aligned Townie
was killed Night 1
2) diddin -
Brynden Tully, Stark Aligned Tracker
was killed Night 1
23) Feysal -
Petyr Baelish, Lannister Aligned Voyeur
was lynched Day 2
8) xvart -
Joffrey Baratheon - Lannister Aligned Jack of Some trades
was killed night 2
7) MagnaofIllusion -
Edmure Tully - Stark Aligned Jailkeeper
was killed night 2
13) Raivann -
Randyll Tarly - Lannister Aligned Townie
was lynched day 3
24) Kast -
Varys - Lannister Aligned Rolename Cop
was killed Night 3
Thor665 -
Roose Bolton Lannister Aligned Townie
was defeated in combat day 4
Nexus -
Margaery Tyrell - Lannister Aligned Roleblocker
was killed night 4
Andrius -
Osney Kettleblack - Lannister Aligned Brother
killed night 4
Setael -
Robb Stark - Modified Ascetic Godfathe
r was lynched Day 5
Bunnylover -
Grandmaester Pycelle - Lannister Aligned Doctor
was killed night 5
DrippingGoofball -
Osmund Kettleblack Lannister Aligned Brother
was killed night 5
Magaua -
Walder Frey - Lannister Aligned 1-shot vigilante
was lynched Day 6
Popsofctown -
Jaime Lannister - Lannister Aligned Friendly Knight
was killed Night 6
Locke Lamora -
Gregor Clegane - Lannister Aligned Townie (lynchee)
was killed night 6
Zdenek -
Beric Dondarrion - Brotherhood w/o Banners Aligned Modified Nk Imm.
was lynched Day 7
Benmage -
Osfryd Kettleblack - Lannister AlignedBrother
killed night 7[/b]
LynchMePls -
Thoros of Myr - Giver of Life and Brotherhood w/o Baners Aligned
was lynched Day 8
Twilight Sparkle -
Ser Loras Tyrell - Lannister Aligned Townie
was killed Night 8
Danakillsu -
Kevan Lannister - lannister Aligned townie
- lynched day 9
Shadow1psc -
Ollena Redwyne - Lannister Aligned Table Setter
endgamed day 9

Important Links

Day 1 begins
Mid-Day- CATastrophe?
Day 1 Ends/Night 1 Starts - He was Oberyn the otter! Say his name!
Night 1 ends/Day 2 Starts - Royal Uncle's Dropping like flies!
Day 2 ends/Night 2 starts -Littlefinger given the finger
Night 2 begins/Day 3 starts - More like Riverruined
Day 3 ends/Night 3 begins - We're Raivann such a good time!
Night 3 ends/Day 4 Begins- Down came the rain and washed the spider out!
Day 4 ends/Night 4 begins- More like Lord of the Deafort amirit?
Night 4 ends/Day 5 begins - Oh brother, what a tyrellble night
Day 5 ends/Night 5 begins - We were Robbed of THE KING IN THE NORTH
Night 5 ends/Day 6 begins - Once you go Kettleblack you can't go back
Day 6 ends/Night 6 begins - A freyrly big mistake
Night 6 ends/Day 7 begins - Mountains crumble, Jaime's humbled
Day 7 ends/Night 7 begins - And the beat goes Dondarrion
Night 7 ends/Day 8 begins - Why you gotta play a brother like that?
Day 8 ends/Night 8 begins. - I believe in Myracles! (you sexy thing)
Night 8 ends/Day 9 begins - Let's put our hands together for Tyrell Swift!
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 106 times in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:55 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Rules
(stolen from Hoopla with some modifications).

> Fundamental

1) The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.
2) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
3) Do not quote any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role PM). Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM. This includes timestamps of role pm's. You may share the quotation in your role pm, if there is one, however. This doesn't have to be paraphrased.
4) Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game - please don't bring personal grudges into the game. Try and keep it civil.
4a) No Sig/Avatar bets, I can't have someone having an awful avatar as a result of my game.

> Voting, Lynching & Death

5) For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form Vote: Hoopla. Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded.
6) Unvotes aren't necessary, but will be appreciated.
7) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch.
8) You may vote for a ‘no lynch’ if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for a no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch.
9) Once you're dead, you are dead. Do not post in the thread until the game is over, not even a 'bah' post. There'll be a graveyard to complain in.

> Activity & Deadlines

10) Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active.
11) Prods will be issued after 48 hours in a row without posting. If I keep having to prod you I'll get angry and replace you. Players may request a prod on another player too, I'm human I may forget so if you want someone prodded just tell me.
11a) If you do not open a prod within 24 hours of it being sent I will begin looking for a replacement.
12) Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time I will replace you.
13) Deadlines for each game day will be
2 weeks unless specified as otherwise

14) In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will no lynch. We don't do less than majority here in Westeros.
15) Nights will have a 72 hour deadline. If you fail to send in a night choice, I will automatically default to 'no choice' for that night, and you will do nothing.
16) Deadlines will only be extended if I need a number of replacements, or barring some other freak circumstances. Apart from that laziness, or anything else, will not result in a deadline extension.

> Other Information

pre-17) No mechanism or website may be used to prove that a decision was achieved randomly. I.e. you may chose who claims first by rolling a dice, but you'll have to trust the person who rolled the dice not to lie.
17)
RED
and Mech font are my colours I will use for modly purposes. All other colors are fair game as long as they are easily read by your other players/myself. I'll not modkill you if you happen to use them, but try not to please.
18) I will try to post Vote Counts as often as possible. Hopefully on the top of every page. If you feel a vote count is needed, don’t hesitate to ask for one, and I’ll provide one at the next opportunity.
19) It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. Don't be a prick and try to exploit it, or I will punish you. If something is fuzzy for you, please ask!
20) I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know in thread.
21) Flavour in night/day write up's is just that ; flavour. Knowledge of the theme may help but it's definitely not required. I reserve the right to bastardise canon as much as i want.
22) Have fun!

SAMPLE VANILLA PM:
Welcome to A Storm of Swords Mafia Empking

'Empking is a Magikarp'

You are a
generic Lannister guard, Lannister Aligned
. You serve House Lannister.

Abillities:
None, you have nothing but your voice and your vote.

Win Condition:
You win when all enemies of the Lannisters have been eliminated and at least one pro-Lannister player survives
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
War has arrived!

Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Eddard Stark »

Day 1

Gyles Rosby shifted uncomfortably amongst the assembled lords and ladies, bodies tightly packing him in from all directions. He felt a cough coming and struggled against the crowd to pull a cloth from his belt to cough into. A hack raised through the back of his throat and in response, some of the people around him shifted away, giving him more space.

The assembly watched as the remnants of Renly's gathered nobles marched into the throne room. Gyles smiled against his kerchief, they had seen the error of their ways and come to support the true King, Robert's first born son, Joffrey Baratheon I. It was a time of celebration. Stannis was defeated in the field and Kings Landing was safe. The rumours that brigands and northmen were in the city was just that, pure fabrication of the uneducated masses. Just the other day, a hedge wizard had tried to tell him that he'd had a vision of dragons returning to Westeros. Gyles laughed to himself, uneducated and naturally stupid, commoners would believe anything.

Apart from greeting these wayward nobles, this assembly also had another purpose. Now that the battle was over and emergency measures were lifted, a new Hand of the King was needed. One that would better reign through a more peaceful and prosperous time. Gyles considered putting his own name forth as a possibility, but a glance around the room showed some men, and women, who might do a better job than he.

No, Gyles thought, instead he would just enjoy this time. Peace and justice had come to Kings Landing.

Day 1 has started.

Apart from today's lynch, which requires simple majority and can be voted for with the standard "Vote" and "Unvote" bold tags, there is also the raising of a new "Hand of the King". The first player to be raised as the new Hand will receive a
1-shot Governor
ability. This ability will allow them to publicly nominate one player. That player is unable to be lynched for that Day only (note: they cannot nominate themselves). These votes can be cast with "Raise" and "Unraise" bold tags. A simple majority is required. If a Hand is not raised by either the lynch or the deadline, the player with the most "raise"s will win. In a tie, there will be no Hand.

With 25 alive, 13 are needed for both lynching and raising.

The deadline is two weeks and can be found here
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
War has arrived!

chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:24 am

Post by chesskid3 »

woo first.
vote: MoI

obv
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:56 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Vote: Chesskid

Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:56 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Vote: Percy

Busted.

Raise: Locke Lamora
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:09 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Hello everyone, glad to be here in my first large format game on mafiascum (but not ever, have played large games on another site).
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Zdenek »

"You know your generation has failed when your vampires sparkle."
Vote Twilight Sparkle
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:16 am

Post by LimMePls »

Vote: Percy

WAGON-HO!

Raise: LynchMePls

WAGON-HO?
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:29 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

VOTE: Zdenek

Clearly if you can't percieve the difference between Vampires and My Little Ponies you aren't going to be much of a help to Town.

Raise: MoI
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:37 am

Post by hasdgfas »

*glares at MoI*
VOTE: MagnaofIllusion
Raise: hasdgfas
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:45 am

Post by zoraster »

Put your hands down on yourself. We get nothing out of self-votes on that. It's fine if you want to do it when we're close to lynching and it's you vs. someone else, but the raise your hand function is only valuable if we're coming to a consensus as town. If the person who wins wins with 2 or 3 votes by virtue of the fact everyone wanted to be hand of the king, we won't get much information out of it, and it becomes fairly likely scum will have gotten the power.

Mostly, though, I'd prefer to leave elevating someone to the hand of the king to when I actually get some town reads and not have all this static from self-votes.

So with that:

VOTE: Locke Lamora
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:04 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

zoraster wrote:Put your hands down on yourself. We get nothing out of self-votes on that. It's fine if you want to do it when we're close to lynching and it's you vs. someone else, but the raise your hand function is only valuable if we're coming to a consensus as town. If the person who wins wins with 2 or 3 votes by virtue of the fact everyone wanted to be hand of the king, we won't get much information out of it, and it becomes fairly likely scum will have gotten the power.

Mostly, though, I'd prefer to leave elevating someone to the hand of the king to when I actually get some town reads and not have all this static from self-votes.

So with that:

VOTE: Locke Lamora
[raise]Shadow1psc[/raise]
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

I thought that would be an actual tag D=

Raise: Shadow1psc
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:06 am

Post by hasdgfas »

UNVOTE: MagnaofIllusion
VOTE: Shadow1psc

*stares at Shadow menacingly*
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:14 am

Post by zoraster »

VOTE: Shadow1psc
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:23 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Hi,

I will vig anyone that raises themselves beyond this post.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:24 am

Post by GreyICE »

Yeah, shadow, what the hell are you doing? That's clearly the wrong idea.

Raise: GreyICE
< - actual good idea

Campaign promise: I promise to use the governor powers for good. And by good I mean never goddamn use them, even on myself, because I hate governor powers.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:24 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Also, wagons on those that raise themselves are most welcome.

This one is because a second Percy vote is scummy, and a second self-raise scummier still.

VOTE: LMP
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:24 am

Post by GreyICE »

ROFL @ DrippingGoofball

Go ahead honey. I want the governor powers out of play, and I'm one of the few I trust to put them there.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Unvote, Vote: shadow1psc
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:31 am

Post by GreyICE »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Also, wagons on those that raise themselves are most welcome.

This one is because a second Percy vote is scummy, and a second self-raise scummier still.

VOTE: LMP
Vote: DrippingGoofball

Okay, unless we have masons out there, most townies know one person with their alignment. Scum know multiple people with their alignment. They can nominate a 'pro-town' scum and wagon them up to governor.

EXPLAIN THIS VERY INSTANT WHY IT IS ANTI-TOWN TO NOMINATE YOURSELF. DO IT.

Now I am serious:
If you raise me governor today I will not use the power.
A non-confirmed town governor is too dangerous to be allowed to use their powers day 1, and I am not going to do it. Even if you guys are going to retard lynch an obvtown, I might yell at you - but I won't use the powers.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:32 am

Post by Benmage »

I'm surprised everyone isn't voting no lynch...can't we all agree to no nks and no lynching.....the game will end in a tie, but atleast noone looses.
:P I had to.

That said I am the only one worthy to be the hand. Vote accordingly.

I'd join the wagon on my bro Percy.....but we should already get down to business. Which VI goes first?

vote chesskid
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:32 am

Post by Magua »

No one denies me my RVS vote. I've waited a long time to do this:

VOTE: Percy for never making me an investigator.

That said,
Raise: Twilight Sparkle
because I'm rather confident than my reads and their reads will be similar, which would lead to similar usage of the governor ability unless they're scum, in which case, woo, caught scum.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:35 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

lol @ rvbw *shrug*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”