Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Wizards at the Sorcerers' Den - Endgame

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:25 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

It's time for the wizards to strike back. Under siege on their own hideout, the sorcerers must find a way to survive the unexpected and lethal attack from the wizards. Will be the wizards able to destroy once for all the growing threat of the sorcerers? Or will the sorcerers show their superior powers?

Mod:
Snow_Bunny
Back-up mod:
Empking

Endgame

Still in the Material World

2-
gandalf5166

3-
A Gaggle of Geese
chesskid3

7-
Bunnylover

10-
Vaya
Dry-fit

12-
WrathChild

16-
BabySpice

23-
Feysal

In a plane far beyond (dead)

Andrius, a
vampire (sorcerers)
, was killed during pregame.
24- Pine, a
wight (sorcerers)
mysteriously dies on Day 1.
5- Riceballtail, a
wight (sorcerers)
is lynched on Day 1.

9- Amrun, a
spellthief (sorcerers)
is killed by a vengeful spirit on Day 1.
22- implosion, a
flameskull (sorcerers)
is found torn in pieces on Day 1.
4- Albert B. Rampage, a
wight (sorcerers)
was destroyed on Day 1.
13- Soben, a
wight (sorcerers)
was found lifeless on Night 1.
1- CryMeARiver, a
blood sorcerer(sorcerers)
was found torn in two on Night 1.
14- Beefster, an
uttercold sorcerer (sorcerers)
mysteriously dies on Day 2.
11- SnakePlissken, a
wight (sorcerers)
mysteriously dies on Day 2.
6- Katy a
mystic theurge (sorcerers)
is found torn in two on Night 2.

18- Zdenek,
an illusionist (wizards)
, was lynched on Day 3.
5- Riceballtail, a
wight (sorcerers)
was turn into ashes on Day 3.
15- PeregrineV,
an artificer (wizards)
, was found torn in pieces on Day 3.
19- Spyrex
Mana_Ku
, a
blue dragon (sorcerers)
was stabbed and slashed to death on Night 3.
21- SGRaaize,
a sun cleric (aligned with the wizards)
, was lynched on Day 4.
17- Surye
LynchMePls
, a
lich (sorcerers)
was utterly destroyed on Night 4.
20- inHimshallibe, a
spellsword (aligned with the wizards)
, was killed on Night 4.
25- Bowser, a
devourer (sorcerers)
was turn into ashes on Night 4.

Removed from all existence (removed from the game)

6- Katy a
mystic theurge (sorcerers)
is removed from the game on Night 2.
8- GreyICE
IceyCupcake
a bard, (adventurer party)
is modkilled and loses the game on Night 4.
Last edited by Snow_Bunny on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:12 pm, edited 33 times in total.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

General Rules

1- I am the mod, and my word is final. If you have a problem with it or you think I have something wrong, you are free to discuss it with me via PM. I am but a judge, not a god.
2- Have fun. Really, this is a game and you should enjoy it.
3- Play to win.
4- I don't like personal attacks, so try to keep your tone and insults low.
I hate this more than you can imagine.
5- Do not discuss this game outside the thread, unless your role says otherwise.
6-
Red
is my pretty colour. Do not use it.
7- If you can't dedicate the proper time for the game, please do not sign up for it.
8- Do not edit or delete your posts. That includes qt posts.
9- I can include a new rule at any moment I want.
10- I require unvoting before placing your vote to a new player. Keep this in mind, k?

Ingame Rules

-Voting:
You may vote for another player using vote:player. You may unvote using unvote. Unvoting is necessary to move your vote from one player to another. You can also choose to vote for a no-lynch, using vote:no lynch.
-Lynching:
When a player has the majority of votes that player will be lynched. Further changes in votes will not affect this result. A lynched player will be killed regardless of its current HP (see below.) For a no-lynch, only half of the possible votes are needed. When a lynch is reached, you may still post until I post the scene and lock the thread.
-HP:
All players have Hit Points (HP.) They denote the overall health of the players. When a player's HP reaches 0, it dies. Lynching a player also kills him. HP is not publicity revealed, but players can see the health status of other players (Healthy, bruised, bleeding, almost dying.)
-Alignment:
All players have an alignment. It serves solely as a way to interact with different abilities. It by no means reflects the faction of the player.
-Damage and Kills:
If a player is killed as the result of different damaging abilities targeting him, all players that dealt damage that night to the dead player are treated as the murderers of that player. However, if a player is killed as the result of an instant death attack, then the player casting the killing spell is treated as the murderer, regardless other damaging spells (kill has priority in the resolution order; see below.)
-Items:
Players can have items. When a player dies, its items are left unattended on the floor. An unattended item can be grabbed by any player, by posting in thread "grab: item name" (the first player to post grabs it). A player can only pick on item on the floor per real day of the game (think of it as an ability that recharges after 24 hours). Items can be passive, meaning their abilities will always be active; or be active, meaning the player must choose to activate its ability in order to function, consuming its action slot for the phase. A player can choose to leave an item unattended without using its ability slot, or even during the day, by PM'ing me its choice.
-Deadlines:
Days will have a strict deadline of three weeks, subject to change only during certain circumstances (replacements, high activity, low activity, among others). After only 12 or less players remain, the deadline will be changed to two weeks. At deadline, if no player have a majority, no lynch will occur. Nights will have a deadline of 72 hours.
-Quoting:
You may not quote any communication out of this topic. This includes role pms, questions to me, QT links, among others. Failure to do so will result in a modkill.
-Modkills:
If you break any rule, you will be, at my discretion, modkilled. Modkilled means that you will lose the game regardless of the result of your faction. A modkill may or not end the day, at my discretion, trying to punish the faction of the modkill.
-Spells and abilities:
Most players have a set of abilities or spells. Abilities (spells and non-spells) can be used both during day and night. However, only one ability can be used per phase. Abilities during the day will resolve at the end of the day, during the twilight period. Abilities during the night resolve at the end of the night. In both cycles the abilities will resolve depending on the ability resolution order. Abilities that target all players usually don't affect the user of such ability.
-Spell slots:
All casters have a number of spell slots. Spell slots determine the times a player can use their abilities. Each spell has a level, and when it’s used one spell slot of that level is consumed.
-Field effects:
-During each cycle of day/night, a special effect will be all over the game. This special effect affects all players and all actions, unless otherwise noted. These effects may range from increase damage from spells, negate certain type of actions, create post restrictions, modify the current HP of players, etc, etc, etc. You won't be told which effect is in place.
-Activity:
I expect a post from each player each 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. Failure to respond to the prod will result in replacement or modkill (at my discretion, taking into account the length of the game). If you're going to be away for more than 48 hours, post in this topic the VLA warning. I do not check the VLA topic.
-Death:
Once you are dead you are dead. I allow a single bah post, containing no information, but please at least try to make it funny. However, don't lose sight of the thread. Something good may happen to you!
-Scum claim:
It is completely forbidden to claim scum/scum partners, whether you are scum or not.
-Roles and factions:
This is a rather vanilla-less setup. All factions have a winnable condition. If a win condition is achieved, and it doesn't directly interfere with the win condition of another faction, the game will keep on. For example, if the win condition of a player is to get certain player lynched, should that player achieve that condition (and no other win condition is achieved at the same time), the game can keep on. There is at least one town faction and one scum faction. Town faction is called Sorcerers, while scum faction is called Wizards. Other factions may exist, and they may have wizards, sorcerers, or other classes.
-Endgame:
It is considered endgame when the town or scum faction have achieved their win condition.
-Ability resolution:
The order of resolution of abilities is (take note that not necessarily all abilities described here exist in the game): hide, mass-redirect, roleblock*, mass-roleblock, redirect*, protect, kill, damage, healing, investigate, recruit, affect other*, revive, miscellaneous abilities. Roleblock, affect other and redirect may switch place depending on who's the one being affected (the redirect takes place unless the roleblocker blocks the redirector; the same with affect other) Conflicting abilities of the same type will happen simultaneously.
-Restrictions and Warnings:
If by some chance you get a restriction of some sort, and you fail to follow it, I will give you a warning. One warning is ok. Two warning is tempting your luck. Three warnings results in the lost of your night action for the following night.
-Block, protect and targeting:
When a player has an effect that says "can't be targeted", all abilities on the target will fail and the players targeting him will know their abilities failed, and the ability will be used. When a player has an effect that says "is protected from..." or "is immune to", all abilities on the target (of the specified type, if any) will fail, but the players targeting him won't know their ability failed and the ability is expended. When a player has an ability blocked or when an ability is prevented, it will know that its ability failed and the ability won't be used.
-Roles vs Rules:
If there is a conflict between a role and a rule, the roles triumphs.
-A friendly advice:
Actually, two advices from your friendly mod. First, though you can paraphrase your role pm and make a claim, it is not advised to do so. Really, listen to me this time. Second, don't try to outguess me. You will fail so hard it won't be funny.
Last edited by Snow_Bunny on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 10:34 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Sending roles. Confirm via PM. Game will start when 22 have confirmed.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Role PMs sent. If by chance you are on the list and you didn't get your role, PM me.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed May 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Some of you are making me cry. Please, please, I'm begging you, read the rules. Does it hurt you to read them and try to understand them well? *cries*

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

The cave was as dark as ever, only sightly illuminated by the dancing lights of two black candles. The dread Lich walked from one side to the other, trying to device a new evil plan to destroy the annoying wizards of the order, the only obstacle in his plans. He was playing with many ideas on that hollow skull of his when a single one suddenly appeared and bested all others.
"Yes!" he exclaimed in joy, if he could even feel that way. "Yes, that's it. If I activate the-" A blaring explosion interrupted all thoughts. The cave trembled and the lights faded. "What's the meaning of-" Another explosion. And another. "No, no, no, no, this can't be!" With a swift movement of his bony hands he teleported away from his chamber and appeared in the middle of the ceremonial room. The place was filled with sorcerers and undeads of all kinds.
"Your evilness!" one of his minions moved forward to greet him. "We're under attack!"
"Some stupid adventurer party looking for our treasure, surely!" another one said.
"No, it's something far more dangerous," the lich answered as he stared at the closed door separating the enormous chamber from the rest of the dungeon. He could feel them. They were just behind the door, trying to find a way to break the numerous sigils that kept it sealed shut. The lich knew that although he could keep one or two at bay, a larger group would wreak havoc on him and his minions. After all, they were smarter than his horde of undeads. No, he couldn't risk an open confrontation with them.
He looked around, trying to once more weight the power of his underlings, when he found an answer. Lying the the bottom of the room, just on top an old ceremonial table, laid a powerful and ancient artifact. He still wasn't sure what the artifact did when activated, but he had a rough idea. His minions had discovered it on the deepest parts of the cave and he hadn't had the time to analyze it to its fullest. Yet, he knew it could save him from this threat. It was confusion that the key factor in his first victory against the wizards in their own home; and it would be confusion the one leading this victory as well, he thought.
He moved towards the artifact fast, and was about to activate it when the doors were suddenly blasted away. Several shadows entered the room quickly and without second thoughts or remose began to dispatch the undead or sorcerers that weren't strong or smart enough to fight them.
The lich then activated the artifact. The old jar-like object released a sudden light that engulfed the room. It didn't take long before the flash disappeared, leaving behind featureless bodies.
"What has happened?" one of the featureless bodies said.
"It seem his evilness has activated that strange object."
"We won't be able to recognize each other this way."
"It's just like on the assault on the order."
"Let's find those invaders and kill them now that their partners can't help them!"
"Leave it to me!" one of them said. "Me, Andrius the Vamp-" the poor featureless body hadn't even finished his speech when a gosthly hand appeared out of the jar and grabbed him and devoured in a matter of seconds.
"It seems we can't speak our names."
"Then, let's speak no more nonsense and start hunting those bastards!"
"Yeah" and so, the hunting game began.

Andrius, a
vampire aligned with the sorcerers
, was killed pregame.

Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

DAY 1

Votecount

1- CryMeARiver
[Healthy]
(0)
2- gandalf5166
[Healthy]
(0)
3- chesskid3
[Healthy]
(0)
4- Albert B. Rampage
[Healthy]
(0)
5- Riceballtail
[Healthy]
(0)
6- Katy
[Healthy]
(0)
7- Bunnylover
[Healthy]
(0)
8- IceyCupcake
[Healthy]
(0)
9- Amrun
[Healthy]
(0)
10- Dry-fit
[Healthy]
(0)
11- SnakePlissken
[Healthy]
(0)
12- WrathChild
[Healthy]
(0)
13- Soben
[Healthy]
(0)
14- Beefster
[Healthy]
(0)
15- PeregrineV
[Healthy]
(0)
16- BabySpice
[Healthy]
(0)
17- LynchMePls
[Healthy]
(0)
18- Zdenek
[Healthy]
(0)
19- Mana_Ku
[Healthy]
(0)
20- inHimshallibe
[Healthy]
(0)
21- SGRaaize
[Healthy]
(0)
22- implosion
[Healthy]
(0)
23- Feysal
[Healthy]
(0)
24- Pine
[Healthy]
(0)

Not voting: CryMeARiver, gandalf5166, chesskid3, Albert B. Rampage, Riceballtail, Katy, Bunnylover, IceyCupcake, Amrun, Dry-fit, SnakePlissken, WrathChild, Soben, Beefster, PeregrineV, BabySpice, LynchMePls, Zdenek, Mana_Ku, inHimshallibe, SGRaaize, implosion, Feysal, Pine

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch.

Deadline is on June 9th at midnight (GMT -5)

You all see how a shapeless spirit comes out from the jar. The spirit wanders around you, and you can feel a vengeful energy coming out of it.

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:02 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

FIRST POST
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:02 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

VOTE: InHim

First name I saw when I scrolled up the playerlist.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:04 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Vote: gandalf5166
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:06 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

We are jester-like.

Please always vote us before voting someone else, thanks.

p-edit: CHESS GET YOUR VOTE ON US THANKS. YOU TOO GANDALF.
Written by GreyICE, unless it was written by Katsuki
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:06 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

Actually, you can vote us, then unvote and vote gandalf.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:14 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

My role PM was ambiguous about my alignment, so I daycopped myself just to be sure. Good thing too. It turns out I'm scum.

vote: katsuki

vote: gandalf
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:17 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Oops.

Unvote

VOTE: Gandalf
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:21 am

Post by Pine »

gandalf5166 wrote:My role PM was ambiguous about my alignment, so I daycopped myself just to be sure. Good thing too. It turns out I'm scum.

vote: katsuki

vote: gandalf

Snow_Bunny wrote:
-Scum claim:
It is completely forbidden to claim scum/scum partners, whether you are scum or not.

:shifty:

VOTE: Chesskid

He knows why :D
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:22 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

gandalf5166 wrote:Oops.

Unvote

VOTE: Gandalf

Still fail
EDIT: And what he^^ said

IceyCupcake wrote:
We are jester-like.

Enjoy~
Vote: ABR
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:26 am

Post by Pine »

I'm thinking Icey has some kind of ability that can only function against people who have voted for them, or something like that.

Vig please.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:28 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

^Scum.
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:28 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

Vote IceyCupcake

Unvote, vote: Pine
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:28 am

Post by WrathChild »

IceyCupcake wrote:
We are jester-like.

Sure here's a Free-Win. Thanks for playing

I CAST VOTE x13: IceyCupcake
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Pine »

You always think I'm scum since I played you like a fiddle in TWBB, Icey. It ain't true this time. Your first post is a WIFOM bomb, regardless of your alignment, and at this point, you're the only person who is actually suspicious in any way.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
IceyCupcake
IceyCupcake
Goon
IceyCupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:32 am

Post by IceyCupcake »

I've never played with you before.

You're thinking GI.
WrathChild
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
WrathChild
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:36 am

Post by WrathChild »

Warning: "I'm kinda grumpy today, dudes. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. I was having those dreams again. Ya know, how it's just me in a castle and I gotta fight, like, a thousand wizards and the only way to beat them is to punch them as hard as I can in their faces. Then, when I'm done, all their little wizard wives came out and wanted me to have sex with them - which is kinda weird. "
I swear I left my gun somewhere.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:39 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Pine wrote:I'm thinking Icey has some kind of ability that can only function against people who have voted for them, or something like that.

Vig please.

good posting
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2011 7:41 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Icey either has a role taht is powered up by votes or can target all people who voted for him etc etc

Clarify or vig, yeah.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”