The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

The Children of Húrin Mafia (GREAT REVIVAL)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Plum »

The Children of Húrin

To Brethil three men only found their way back at last through Taur-nu-Fuin, an evil road; and when Glóredhel Hador's daughter learned of the fall of Haldir she grieved and died.

To Dor-lómin no tidings came. Rían wife of Huor fled into the wild distraught; but she was aided by the Grey-elves of Mithrim, and when her child, Tuor, was born they fostered him. But Rían went to the Haudh-en-Nirnaeth, and laid herself down there, and died.

Morwen Eledhwen remained in Hithlum, silent in grief. Her son Túrin was only in his ninth year, and she was again with child. Her days were evil. The Easterlings came into the land in great numbers and dealt cruelly with the people of Hador, and robbed them of all they possessed and enslaved them. All the people of Húrin's homelands that could work or serve any purpose they took away, even young girls and boys, and the old they killed or drove out to starve. But they dared not lay hands on the Lady of Dor-lómin, or thrust her from her house; for the word ran among them that she was perilous, and a witch who had dealings with the whit-fiends: for so they named the Elves, hating them, but fearing them more. For this reason they also feared and avoided the mountains, in which many of the Eldar had taken refuge, especially in the south of the land; and after plundering and harrying the Easterlings drew back northwards. For Húrin's house stood in the south-east of Dor-lómin, and the mountains were near; Nen Lalaith indeed came down from a spring under the shadow of Amon Darthir, over whose shoulder there was a steep pass. By this the hardy could cross Ered Wethrin and come down by the wells of Glithui into Beleriand. But this was not known to the Easterlings, nor to Morgoth yet; for all that country, while the house of Fingolfin stood, was secure from him, and none of his servants had ever come there. He trusted the Ered Wethrin was a wall insurmountable, both against escape from the north and against assault from the south; and there was indeed no other pass, for the unwinged, between Serech and far westward where Doriath marched with Nevrast.

. . .

As the time lengthened the heart of Morwen grew darker for her son Túrin, heir of Dor-lómin and Ladros; for she could see no hope for him better than to become a slave of the Easterling men, before he was much older. Therefore she remembered the Words of Húrin, and her thought turned to Doriath; and she resolved at last to send Túrin away in secret, if she could, and to beg King Thingol to harbour him. And as she sat and pondered how this might be done, she heard clearly in her thought the voice of Húrin saying to her:
Go swiftly! Do not wait for me!
But the birth of her child was drawing near, and the road would be hard and perilous; the more that went the less hope of escape. And her heart still cheated her with hope unadmitted; her inmost thought foreboded that Húrin was not dead, and she listened for his footfall in the sleepless watches of the night, or would wake thinking that she had heard in the courtyard the neigh of Arroch his horse. Moreover, though she was willing that her son should be fostered in the halls of another, after the manner of that time, she would not yet humble her pride to be an alms-guest, not even of a king. Therefore the voice of Húrin, or the memory of his voice, was denied, and the first strand of the fate of Túrin was woven.

The Children of Húrin (66-67, 69-70)

In the dusk of the battle of Unnumbered Tears new shadows begin to fall. Winters grow harsher, friends grow colder, and escape grows harder. As the Eldar and Edain of Beleriand are scattered there are no great battles against the Dark Enemy in the North. But a war for the heart of the world is being fought all the same, as the Enemy sets his will against those who would be heroes and dares them to defy him. Heirs are lost; crowns fall and helms crested with dragons rise, black bows and black swords and blacker thoughts and deeds.

Hopes are raised that they may be dashed on the rocks of despair.

Curses are whispered, shouted, run from, embraced.

Names fall from the tongue, from the memory. Like stars, like ashes.

Love turns to nightmares.

Bitterness turns to cruelty turns to mercy.

And the doom lies in yourself.

Original Player List:
1. Andrius
2. Magister Ludi (replacing ooba replacing Magister Ludi)
3. Sun and Moon (CSL + Amrun hydra)
4. Chronopie
5. gandalf5166
6. Nachomamma8 (replacing Ellibereth)
7. Mastermind of Sin
8. Regfan (replacing Dekes)
9. PeregrineV
10. mockingjaye
11. Furcolow
12. Gut (Cogito Ergo Sum + chamber hydra)
13. Wraith
14. SpyreX
15. Feysal (replacing Katsuki)
16. kanyeknowsbest
17. smargaret (replacing Espeonage)
18. Empking
19. VitaminR
20. MagnaofIllusion
21. Will-o-wisp (Oversoul + Mist Beauty hydra)
22. Herodotus
23. Lost Butterfly (Faraday + Mina hydra) (Seraph)
24. AlmasterGM + Thor665 hydra (Seraph)

Spoiler: Actual results
Wandering Beleriand

2. Magister Ludi
(replacing ooba replacing Magister Ludi)
- Niënor, Town Modified Neighbor

3. Sun and Moon
(CSL + Amrun hydra)
- Túrin, Town
Bulletproof
Modified Neighbor Miller Compulsive Descending Vigilante

6. Nachomamma8
(replacing Ellibereth)
- Orodreth, Town Vanilla

8. Regfan
(replacing Dekes
- Morwen, Town Vanilla

10. mockingjaye - Turgon, Town Vanilla

12. Gut
(Cogito Ergo Sum + chamber hydra)
- Gwindor, Town Backup Doctor

16. kanyeknowsbest - Thingol, Town Vanilla

18. Empking - Melian, Town Mind Restorer

22. Herodotus
(replacing LordChronos)
- Lalaith, Town Vanilla

Watching from Thangorodrim

Faraday + Mina - Hurin, True Observer over Mafia

AlmasterGM + Thor665 - Morgoth, Overlord over Mafia

Entered Into Nothing

9. PeregrineV, Nellas, Town Vanilla lynched Day 1
4. Chronopie, Beleg, Town Doctor slain cruelly Night 1
19. VitaminR, Mablung, Town Vanilla lynched Day 2
5. gandalf5166, Aerin, Town Twoshot-Sacrificial Arsonist, tormented and killed Night 2
13. Wraith, Brandir, Town Weak Doctor Oneshot Doctor-Cop, slain cruelly Night 2

17. smargaret (replacing Espeonage), Glaurung, Mafia Oneshot-Bulletproof Mindscrewing Modified Recruiter lynched Day 3

14. SpyreX, Finduilas, Town Vanilla Slain cruelly and tormented and killed Night 3
21. Will-o-wisp (Oversoul + Mist Beauty hydra), Sador, Town Bodyguard slain cruelly Night 3

15. Feysal (replacing Katsuki), Gurthang, Compulsive Ascending Serial Killer lynched Day 4

11. Furcolow, Mîm,
Treacherous Survivor
--> Serial Killer Aligned, died automatically Day 4

1. Andrius, Huor, Mafia Goon slain cruelly Night 4

7. Mastermind of Sin - Brodda, Mafia Roleblocker lynched Day 5

20. MagnaofIllusion - Saeros, Lyncher endgamed Day 5
Last edited by Vi on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:20 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Plum »

RULESET1.) Votes should be posted in
boldface
or with the VOTE: Vote Tags. If I don’t see it, I won't count it. If I think it's a vote, it will count as a vote, and vice versa. Unvoting is nice, but not necessary, and yes,
boldface
or UNVOTE: Unvote Tags are both available and look quite pretty.

2.) A player is lynched when the number of votes on him is greater than half of the number of living players. There may or may not be exceptions to this rule. If there is no majority at deadline, there will be no lynch for that day.

3.) Day 1 will have an approximated deadline based on when the game starts – it will be no less than 14 days. All following days will have a deadline of 14 days. Deadlines and the deadline rule are both subject to temporary and/or permanent modifications at the Moderator's discretion. She'll give you due warning.

4.) Nights will have 48 hour deadlines. Any night actions not submitted will simply not happen. There may be modifications to the Night deadline as above. There may or may not be exceptions to the second clause.

5.) Do not talk about this game outside the thread unless your role allows you to, and then only in the manner expressly permitted by your role.

6.) When you die, you are dead. Therefore you do not post. There may or may not be exceptions to this rule.

7.) Do not edit posts, if you have the powers to do so. Do not use invisible text. Do not use small text. Do not use or abuse cryptography.

8.) Do not quote any communication from the mod (that includes PMs) in the game thread. Close paraphrases may or may not be prohibited by the spirit of this rule. If you're unsure, as the Moderator.

9.) If you are going to be gone for an extended period of time, please let me know.

12.) If you do not post for 72 hours, you may be subject to a prod at the Moderator's discretion. The Moderator will also consider all
reasonable
calls for prods from players in the game but will dispense prods at her own discretion.

13.) If you notice mistakes aside from the vote count, PM me. Bold notification about vote count issues in the thread.

14.) Play to win.

15.) Play with the spirit of the game in mind. This means ASK before you do something you think I might question. Questions are good. Modkills are bad.

16.) Have fun. Remember that everyone playing is actually a real person and treat him or her as such.

17.)
Plum
is our color for most game-management purposes. Don’t use it.

18.) Night actions are determined using Natural Action Resolution. There may or may not be exceptions to this rule.

For those wishing to acquaint themselves somewhat with the source flavor: The Children of Húrin.

Sample Role PM

PLAYERNAME:

Welcome to
The Children of Húrin Mafia
. You are
Fingon, Town Vanilla

"Then Fingon looked east and his elven-sight saw far off a dust and the glint of steel like stars in a mist, and he knew that Maedhros had set forth; and he rejoiced. Then he looked towards Thangorodrim, and there was a dark cloud about it and a black smoke went up; and he knew that the wrath of Morgoth was kindled and that their challenge would be accepted, and a shadow of doubt fell upon his heart. But at that moment a cry went up, passing on the wind from the south from vale to vale, and Elves and Men lifted up their voices in wonder and joy. For unsummoned and unlooked-for Turgon had opened the leaguer of Gondolin, and was come with an army, ten thousand strong, with bright mail and long swords and spears like a forest. Then when Fingon heard afar the great trumpet of Turgon, the shadow passed and his heart was uplifted, and he shouted aloud: '
Utúlië'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatari, Utúlië'n aurë!
The day has come! Behold, people of the Eldar and Fathers of Men, the day has come!' And all those who heard his great voice echo in the hills answered crying: '
Auta i lomë!
The night is passing!'"

The Children of Húrin (53)

You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

Please confirm your role by PM.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Plum »

Who knows now the counsels of Morgoth? Who can measure the reach of his thoughts, who had been Melkor, mighty among the Ainur of the Great Song, and sat now, the dark lord upon a dark throne in the North, weighing in his malice all the tidings that came to him, whether by spy or by traitor, seeing in the eyes of his mind and understanding far more of the deeds and purposes of his enemies than even the wisest of them feared . . .

The Children of Húrin (142)

VOTE COUNTNot Voting (22): Andrius, Magister Ludi, Sun and Moon, Chronopie, gandalf5166, Ellibereth, Mastermind of Sin, Dekes, PeregrineV, mockingjaye, Furcolow, Gut, Wraith, SpyreX, Katsuki, kanyeknowsbest, Espeonage, Empking, VitaminR, MagnaofIllusion, Will-o-wisp, LordChronos

With 22 alive it will take 12 votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 will be in approximately (but no less than) 14 days and will be exactly determined soon.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Vote: SpyreX
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:29 am

Post by Gut »

Vote: SpyreX
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:31 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

VOTE: Gut

After Invictus you should know better ....
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:31 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I think my claim is vital to my victory at this point. I'm Gandalf. I know-- Gandalf isn't in the Children of Hurin story. Apparently, I got stuck in a time warp after I fought the Balrog and before I was resurrected. So my mission is to survive and ensure the integrity of the timestream. Basically, I have to make sure the events in this game parallel those in the book. The problem is that I have no flavor knowledge whatsoever. Anyway, anyone wanna help me out?
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Original Roll String: 1d24
1 24-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
Permanent V/LA.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:35 am

Post by VitaminR »

Right...

Vote: Katsuki
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Vote: Andrius
Permanent V/LA.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

@ Magna
I read invictus. What is it that make you lay down a serious vote?
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:39 am

Post by LordChronos »

Vote: Andrius
I'm a talking computer.
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:40 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

hey yal

vote mastermind of sin
nice random vote m8.
add me on snapchat and vine and twitter and instagram : ]
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Gandalf, LOTR mafia wrote:I won't bother defending myself from these preposterous accusations by Locke since after all, I AM GANDALF
My rolename is(get this) Gandalf. I'm so awesomely awesome, no one could possibly believe I'm scum. So at any point, I may declare this in the thread in bold. And I will be like a treestump the rest of the game, only I keep my vote and become a JOAT. Only it's a KH mafia style JOAT, where I can literally do ANYTHING, and it's unlimited-shot. Unfortunately, I can only do three actions each night.

Gandalf Children of Hurin wrote:I think my claim is vital to my victory at this point. I'm Gandalf. I know-- Gandalf isn't in the Children of Hurin story. Apparently, I got stuck in a time warp after I fought the Balrog and before I was resurrected. So my mission is to survive and ensure the integrity of the timestream. Basically, I have to make sure the events in this game parallel those in the book. The problem is that I have no flavor knowledge whatsoever. Anyway, anyone wanna help me out?

X
Gut
Gut
Goon
Gut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Gut »

In post 5, MagnaofIllusion wrote:VOTE: Gut

After Invictus you should know better ....

I'm at least 9/5ths the man I was then.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:42 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

In post 13, Magister Ludi wrote:
Gandalf, LOTR mafia wrote:I won't bother defending myself from these preposterous accusations by Locke since after all, I AM GANDALF
My rolename is(get this) Gandalf. I'm so awesomely awesome, no one could possibly believe I'm scum. So at any point, I may declare this in the thread in bold. And I will be like a treestump the rest of the game, only I keep my vote and become a JOAT. Only it's a KH mafia style JOAT, where I can literally do ANYTHING, and it's unlimited-shot. Unfortunately, I can only do three actions each night.

Gandalf Children of Hurin wrote:I think my claim is vital to my victory at this point. I'm Gandalf. I know-- Gandalf isn't in the Children of Hurin story. Apparently, I got stuck in a time warp after I fought the Balrog and before I was resurrected. So my mission is to survive and ensure the integrity of the timestream. Basically, I have to make sure the events in this game parallel those in the book. The problem is that I have no flavor knowledge whatsoever. Anyway, anyone wanna help me out?

X

I thought people might bring this up. I swear, I'm being serious. I need help and I'm too lazy to use Google.
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Gandalf, in that game you flipped

6. gandalf5166, Gwaihir the Eagle, Town Jailkeeper, Shot from Afar Night 1!

After getting vigged night one. What are you doing?

~~~

Unvote

Vote: Kannye

Sup?
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

Gandalf,
are you actually Gandalf in this game?
If you want to clarify, it's now.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Furcolow »

He can't be Gandalf.... Are you joking?
This is when Gandalf wasn't known as Gandalf yet, and was just a little-baby-maiar
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:47 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

dear gandalf are you claiming a win con that is not the town win con?

please clarify!
kanyeknowsbest
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
kanyeknowsbest
mafi ascum
mafi ascum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:47 am

Post by kanyeknowsbest »

oh hi ludi :]
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Empking »

Actually, does anyone know the flavour? I think it might be useful that everyone who knows the flavour explains it in their own words.

Vote: MOI
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Magister Ludi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:48 am

Post by Magister Ludi »

why?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:48 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

In post 17, Magister Ludi wrote:Gandalf,
are you actually Gandalf in this game?
If you want to clarify, it's now.

My role PM says I'm gandalf. So I would assume so.

And yes, kanye, my wincon is not the same as town. I'm honestly not even sure if it conflicts with town though. once again, some flavor help would REALLY be appreciated.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Empking »

Not sure.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”