Upcoming Game Advertisements

This forum contains signup threads for Mafia Games.
Read about how our signups work here.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #128 (isolation #0) » Mon May 16, 2011 7:10 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Coming this July to the Open Queue:

In lands now lost to the sands of time
Arrives only pilgrims seeking the divine
Though amidst them, evil plots its crime…
Murder, through poisoned bread and tainted wine

Pilgrimage Pillage
: A Faith Plus One Open Game with a generic (read: nonspecific to era to avoid needlessly pissing people off) holy land flavor
Moderator: DarthYoshi. Magua has kindly agreed to backup mod me in case I get raptured.

The setup:

3 Mafia Goons
2 Town-aligned Faith Healers
1 Town-aligned Sane Alignment Cop
7 Vanilla Townies

Special mechanics:

-Both Faith Healers receive identical role PMs, and would simply flip “Town-aligned Faith Healer” upon death, but one’s protection is always 100% effective and the other’s is always 0% effective. Y'know, one of them having God on their side and whatnot. :P
-Exception to the above rule: if both Faith Healers protect the same person on a given night, the protection is guaranteed to fail.

Day Start.

If you’re psyched enough to want to pre-/in, I’ve got room for 5 more, so PM me. It’ll be epic.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #136 (isolation #1) » Tue May 31, 2011 7:57 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Entered into the Mini Theme Queue (instead of my Pilgrimage Pillage game, which was nixed when I took over modding a different game)...

Community: Paintball Assassin Mafia!

: DarthYoshi
Backup Moderator
: Magua
Setup Reviewer
: Empking

Players
: 13
Pre-/in's left
: 5, so PM me to reserve your spot!
Requirements
:
-At least one completed non-Newbie MafiaScum game without being replaced or modkilled.
-Not be on my or Magua’s personal blacklists.

Setup and Flavor:
This is a closed setup based on the television series “Community.” It is the end-of-year game of Paintball Assassin! Greendale students have run out of paintballs...but you've got plenty of rope for lynching! You have my guarantee of no cults, jesters, survivors, or otherwise bastard modding. Flavor knowledge is recommended, but not required. Both major and minor characters will be present.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #138 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:53 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Community: Paintball Assassin Mafia pre-/in's are now full. Thank you to all those who signed up! I'll PM you to confirm when the game nears the top of the queue.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #268 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:53 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

In post 136, DarthYoshi wrote:Image

Entered into the Mini Theme Queue (instead of my Pilgrimage Pillage game, which was nixed when I took over modding a different game)...

Community: Paintball Assassin Mafia!

: DarthYoshi
Backup Moderator
: Magua
Setup Reviewer
: Empking

Players
: 13
Pre-/in's left
: 5, so PM me to reserve your spot!
Requirements
:
-At least one completed non-Newbie MafiaScum game without being replaced or modkilled.
-Not be on my or Magua’s personal blacklists.

Setup and Flavor:
This is a closed setup based on the television series “Community.” It is the end-of-year game of Paintball Assassin! Greendale students have run out of paintballs...but you've got plenty of rope for lynching! You have my guarantee of no cults, jesters, survivors, or otherwise bastard modding. Flavor knowledge is recommended, but not required. Both major and minor characters will be present.

Big-time bump from a while ago to say that this game will (finally!) be hitting signups next week. There are three confirmed pre-/in's atm (Albert B Rampage, Amrun, and xReckonerx), and I am waiting to hear back from a couple other of my earlier pre-/in's. Hope to see you in the game!
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #372 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:40 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

Hitting signups in the mini theme queue in August (as of this writing, there are 8 mods ahead of me in the queue):

Possessed Pastors in a Paranoid Parish Mafia!

Moderator:
DarthYoshi
Backup Moderator:
Nexus
Setup Reviewers:
Vi, Nexus

Player Slots:
Pre-/in’s Currently Available:
5 (AGar was the first pre-/in), please PM me if interested. If/when all pre-/in’s are taken, you may request that I notify you via PM when the game hits signups.

Requirements:

-This is a setup with some potential for swinginess, as well as one or two slightly complex special mechanics (see below), so I am requiring at least two completed on-site games without being replaced or modkilled. Newbie and Marathon games do not count towards this requirement.
-Don’t have a track record of bad behavior (see below: “Wisdom of the Mod”).
-Any hydras must publicly disclose the identity of each “head” when signing up.
-Flavor knowledge is not essential for optimal play.

The setup:
This is a closed setup with a 14-day days and 48-hour nights. It is based on fictitiously portrayed clergy characters in popular television and film. It is also a non-bastard setup, meaning you have my guarantee of the following:
-The moderator (me) will never lie to you.
-No mechanics that alter win conditions. Your starting win con is your ending win con.
-No jesters, lynchers, or survivors.
-Both major and minor clergy characters will be present.

Special mechanic:
Possession. Certain power roles are enabled because that player is “possessed,” though possession is not necessarily indicative of alignment. There are roles in the setup that interact with possession in various ways.

Wisdom of the Mod:
I reserve the right to deny entry to a player if they have a track record of flaking, behaving like an ass, or otherwise being a detrimental presence to the games they are in. Especially if you have done this any of my previous games, you’re not getting in.

About me:
I have modded four non-newbie games to completion (Open 304: Hard Boiled, Mini 1249: Community Paintball Assassin Mafia, Mini 1320: Redwall Spirit Lore Mafia, and New York 142: Rolling in the Deep Mafia). My moderation, though not completely error-free throughout my career, does receive generally positive reviews, and my most recent setup (Redwall) was nominated for the Best New Mechanic scummy award.

Return to “Queue”