T H E S N A Z Z I E S ( 2 0 2 0 )

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

T H E S N A Z Z I E S ( 2 0 2 0 )

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Krazy »

It's that time of year again! That's right it's time to
troll the fuck out of Alisae
have a good-spirited moment to express just how much we managed to
not actively hate
feel gratitude for someone on this site this year!

Would you like to submit a S N A Z Z Y? If so, you should PM me with the following:
-The title of the award
-The recipient of the award (+ a link to their avatar)
-A gif that captures the sense of the award
-A short description of what the award means and why you're giving it out

Does anyone review the award in question? Do you need to feel like you have a wholistic sense of someone's play or read a whole bunch of stuff to give a Snazzy?
Fuck
No. I do a quick check to make sure the award does not seem mean-spirited and other than that it gets posted. Note that the S N A Z Z I E S actively encourage giving awards that have nothing to do with 'skill' but rather other things that make you happy.

Now let's get the ceremony underway!

Insert longwinded speech here

Our first award is the only one that is not given out from the recipient of the previous year (due to the nature of this particular award). It's THE ARBITRARY! Given out by Jingle.

And it "Goes to the participant whose usernumber popped up in random.org when I randomized the userlist for MS."

Incredible.

Who won the JINGLE JANGLE Arbitrary lottery?

It's...

Spoiler:

Did Jingle sort by people who posted in the last year, or posted at all?

HE SURE DID NOT!

Incredible! And this year, he actually hit someone who *had in fact posted on site* ... back in 2002. Maybe next year he'll random someone that actually set up an avatar (but probably not).

Our next award is THE TARDIS. This wonderful award is given out by the one and only Something_Smart, the winner from last year, to someone that encapsulates the "most calm, down to earth, sensible type player."

Who could possibly match this description?

Why it's none other than...

Spoiler:
Bell

The awards will continue... when I feel like posting more of them! :lol:
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:08 am

Post by Krazy »

Our next award goes out from Bell and is titled "The Human Debugger."

Humans are notoriously buggy in their logic. This award goes to someone that helps them run without a hitch.

Who is this fabled debugger...? Why it's none other than--

Spoiler:
Something_Smart!

vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:53 am

Post by Krazy »

Our next S N A Z Z Y is awarded by Kanna. Kanna says this award goes to someone who deserves a crown but hasn't gotten one yet.

Who could this possibly describe?

Spoiler:
It's Uncrowned!

vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Krazy »

Firebringer demands that the Seal of the Year award continue. Since the criteria no longer revolves around not flipping fellow seals, the new criteria is that the recipient must express the core seal values of: 1) cuteness, 2) memes, and 3) never gonna give up

Who seals the deal for this award?

Spoiler:
NorwegianBoyEE!

vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by Krazy »

It's time for a SNAZZY BOMB

That's right we're dropping TWO SNAZZIES on ONE PERSON

Can any individual being HANDLE so much SNAZZINESS?

Last year I deliberately tried to prevent double snazzies by doing them one at a time and then gently nudging people to not repeat. But this year I asked a bunch of people all at the same time and different people independently decided to SNAZZY the same person twice. This means their SNAZZINESS is now a burden, meant to inflict on all others immense jealousy and envy. LOOK ON THEIR SNAZZINESS AND DESPAIR.

Anyway, what am I going to do, deny a snazzy? I wouldn't and I couldn't.

This SNAZZY BOMB has two parts. First, is the DUCKY award. The Ducky Award is given out by last year's recipient, Hectic, which is given to a new or underrated player that had "constant good vibes."

Hectic describes this player as having "Clean and sharp vibes that could cut someone in half"

And this second Snazzy award is given by Menalque, who created a new award.

The
Surprise Shower of Rainbows
award, for someone who has been a fabulously pleasant force in all their games, making them a better experience for all involved, regardless of their alignment or how any particular game was going for them!

Who dares receive both the DUCKY and the SURPRISE SHOWER OF RAINBOWS in one year?

It's none other than...

Spoiler:
Ydrasse!

Who I will also given an unofficial CATGIF spoiler award to as well! Image
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 9, Alisae wrote:
In post 0, Krazy wrote:troll the fuck out of Alisae
im fuming
Speaking of!

Alisae bequeaths the "cutest hydra" award this year to a very special pair. Who are these lucky winners?

It's...

Spoiler:
kookiemonster!
Composed of JohnnyFarrar and Noraa!

But wait...

Wait. What's that?

Is it...

IS IT ANOTHER DOUBLE SNAZZY?

FROM LEFT FIELD -- IT'S THE PENGIIIII AWARD!

Menalque is giving out this year's PENGIIIII award, as last year's recipient. As you may be aware, Penguins are the most social of all birds (and the most intelligent despite what those frauds in SCIENCE might say), so this award is given to a new user in the preceding year (2020 for you non-Penguin birds cough ducks out there) who demonstrated strong play in Mafia games while also demonstrating the ability to keep things things fun and lighthearted for the most part with the overall player base (and also bribed me the most). The PENGIIIII goes to...

Spoiler:
Noraa!

vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:54 am

Post by Krazy »

Next up we have the S P I C Y award. duckling (aka the worst) awards the S P I C Y award that he held last year, which is given for being "prolific and memorable"

Who is the spiciest this year?

Spoiler:
"One of Hectic's Alts!"
Which of Hectic's alts, you might ask?
That's a very good question.
A very good question indeed.

:)

vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Krazy »

Our next award is bequeathed by the one and only Almost50, who dubs it the Jekyll and Hyde snazzy. He characterizes it as the most contradicted modding/playing style in one person.

For this person, he says that they are a GREAT mod who comes up with some innovative setups combined with interesting flavour and keeps the game flowing pretty well.

But also says, as a player they are a lazy lurker kind of player who is usually unnoticed until a VC is posted and his name appears in it (usually as "not voting").

Who could possibly capture such wildly varying personas....?

Spoiler:
It's Dr Easy Bake/The Baker!
Image Image

vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:58 am

Post by Krazy »

Firebringer has submitted another S N A Z Z Y. It is called the "Best Mafia Doggo" award. He says: this award goes to the goodest boy on the site. The one in which makes sure the body is put into the ground where no one find them like a good doggo. Always brings a smile to the face during a mass shootout. Good doggie.

Who is the goodest boy on site? It's...

Spoiler:
Sirius9121

vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:04 pm

Post by Krazy »

The next S N A Z Z Y goes out to the best backup mod ever, for being the best backup mod ever, and is given out by none other than Sirius9121.

It's....

Spoiler:
PookyTheMagicalBear

vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Krazy »

Dr Easy Bake gives out the next award. This is the MVP award -- for Most Valuable Pastry.

Pastries are a labor of love. They can take an immense amount of effort and precision to make one small delicacy.
The Most Valuable Pastry is one that, once you've put in the work, can fetch the highest honor at any gathering.

He says that, "no matter what I've thrown at them in my games (they played in all 3 of mine this year), whether being Poisoner Paula Deen or a literal Bottle of Champagne, this player has shown exemplary Mafia skill and mindset."

Who is this most delicious sweet?

Spoiler:
Almost50!

vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:28 am

Post by Krazy »

Our next S N A Z Z Y is titled "Noraa's Carebear" given out by Noraa. She says: "Noraa's Carebear is given to the person that I always run to in times of trouble. I rush into their dms, invite myself to their food, and then pout and complain to them! They are my protector, my Carebear! I expect this will change every year until one year it doesn't and then it might just never change again :O"

Who is this bear that definitely hasn't already gotten a SNAZZY this year?
Spoiler:
It's Hectic! (Sometimes Hoctac)

vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Krazy »

Our next Snazzy comes out from Ydrasse, and is titled,
Host with the Most
!

It was sent to me, and she says: "That's right, it's for YOU reading this right now! The charismatic, crazy coordinator that goes the distance to distribute the Snazzy awards every year, fending off the hoards of dejected losers. The host who manages to SINGLEHANDEDLY keep it all together, never dropping the ball when it comes to handing these out in a timely manner. The one that makes every winner feel not just like a winner, but a damn snazzy one TOO!"

Who is this Snazzy host?

Spoiler:
It's me, Krazy!

I think that's going to round it out for me in this year's 2020 Snazzy awards now that January is coming to an end. Thank you to all who participated, congratulations to all our Snazzy winners, and let's all try to keep things spicy! I might open an ongoing Snazzy thing for 2021 where you can maybe nominate specific roles, posts, or other things.
vote conspiracy

Return to “Mafia Discussion”