post in this thread to get criticism[read post 0]

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #109 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:05 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 85, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I suck, especially as scum.
Plz help.
You don’t even need to give me constructive criticism about how to improve. Just roast me.
My humble opinion on scum!Norwe:
I think first you need to recognize that you generally, or at least often in my opinion, don't enjoy playing scum a lot. Many people don't, including me nowadays, which means you probably need to adapt a strategy to make your scum game easier on your shoulders rather than aggressively try to replicate your town meta, because that either highlights to people notice how different than usual you're being, or it makes you've apathy towards the game/lurk it out/not enjoy it.

If I was in your shoes, I would try to make my scum game about subtly buddying people/slipping into the townblock rather than actively try to miseliminate players or control the thread. It's a much less stressful playstyle, and you could do all but engage players with questions, commentaries about their reads, and minor discussions with them about the difference in your "reads".

I can't say about whether this would result in higher winrates, I only theorize it may feel easier/more fun for you to play, and that's what should count probably?

If people ever get to classify your meta as "Norwe does this X as scum", you can simply mess with them and mix a bit with your older style as you see fit. Replicating your meta as either alignment is a bit overrated, because meta reads aren't very good in average without properly datamining stuff.

About town!Norwe, I don't have any recommendations to say.

(Disclaimer: just my opinion)
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:14 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 99, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:still want to get reviewed, mostly on how to not flake out
I think actively/forcibly engaging with a few players that you like in the game, be it for alignment or non-alignment reasons, would make the game more fun to you therefore making you more engaged?

It's hard to get into a game where you don't feel your voice is being heard, or people are all against/biased on you, so finding a few people to work with from the first few days/pages may make the game more enjoyable in my opinion. Looking for games with playerlists you enjoy is also good advice probably, the game is much more enjoyable when you're playing with people you feel comfortable be it for their personality or playstyle.

(Disclaimer: my opinion, and honestly I don't have figured out how to enjoy mafia games at all, although the above did help towards it).

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:18 am

Post by Shirou »

/in just in case anyone is interested on saying anything to me as well I suppose.

(Fumuki's alt, and I added in Fumuki's signature all my most known alts).

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:19 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 112, Gypyx wrote:tfw you use an alt to criticize players

(would still like some insight btw peoples)
I mostly play in alts, I would post this on a popular main if I had one, but most people that know me, know me as an alt player.

I don't know what difference it would make to post in any of my accounts.

(80% of people that know me, also instantly recognize my alts).

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:57 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 116, Krazy wrote:Damn Mena you don't have to rub it in so hard, I have some variety
Sorry guys, posted in the wrong account

(Aka Volpe14)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”