Mafia Normal Project: Role + Modifer Mod/Player FAQ

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Mafia Normal Project: Role + Modifer Mod/Player FAQ

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Hey! So in a recent game I made a mod error relating to a modifier that works differently in Normal games than other mafia games - and also a few other past questions and stuff came to mind in terms of Things That Are Not Clear about roles/modifiers in Normal games.

I'd like to compile a list of questions/answers to these so that people who are new to normals/modding normals might have a guide that helps(or even people experienced in both who are unsure about an obscure facet of normal games!)

I have created a google document to keep track of all this
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ubD ... sp=sharing

Post your own questions/answers or obscure role/modifier info you feel might be unclear to others!

Also any role/modifier that works differently than expected in other places!

(also with this we can help create standardized role PM formats that include this info that is important.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I will start - Can a multitasking commuter role that includes a visiting role utilize it's commute *and* its ability?

Does a neighborizer start with their own PT open to write in, so say if they were to die N1, the person they neighborize sees all their notes?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #3 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 2, Ircher wrote:I have quite a few things about backup interactions saved for reference purposes: 1) Backups do not inherit modifiers 2) Universal Backups always flip both initial and inherited roles and 3) An X-Shot Backup starts with that many shots; they do not inherit the remaining shots from the original player. On the other hand, universal backups DO inherit remaining shots.
This is extremely helpful thank you!!
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #10 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:27 am

Post by DkKoba »

Itd be funnier if they just became a joat
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:38 am

Post by DkKoba »

Ok - what does a gunsmith see when checking:
Mafia Combined Doctor Cop
Mafia Traitor Cop

also - can a multitasking commuter cop commute and check someone the same night? (Theoretical role, i know itd never exist
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i mean a multi-activated informed would be fun but it would actually moreso break the rule on RNG elements.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:32 am

Post by DkKoba »

Im going to actually get the document set up properly tonight since we're alreafy on page 2
retired

Return to “Mafia Discussion”