Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4928 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:50 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 4927, Doctor Drew wrote: I seem to remember a game a few years ago where every player were given a a secret alt by the mod, kind of to avoid too much meta talk.

I have had an idea brewing that kind of takes this idea but really turning the volume up.

All signups are secret, only by PM's to the game mod, who assigns a secret alt account to them. The actual player list is not publicly revealed, not yet at least.

Let's say it is a 13p game, at game start a potential player list is revealed of 18p stating that 13 of these 18 Mafia scum players are in this game.

The setup of the game would be fairly normal(daytime lims, night time factional NK and normal town/scum PR's).

But......

The big twist is that if you target a player with any night action you have to guess who, out of the 18 players listed, said player is.

This is where I am I not sure exactly how that would work, since it would be very difficult figuring out who you are targeting, especially in early game. I figured there could be mod hints, either public or private, and various lifelines that can be utilized to try to figure out a players identity.

Anyone think there is some meat to this bone?

I need some smarter setup people to try to mold this ball of clay into something special.......or tell me I am an idiot haha.
I'm pretty sure I've seen secret alt games with alt-guessing mechanics before.
I'm assuming what you mean is that all night actions automatically fail if the user of the action does not correctly guess the target's identity. It's an interesting idea, but as you point out, it could be quite difficult to figure out who is who and therefore difficult to actually get a night action off. I'm not sure what exactly you have in mind with mod hints, but that sounds like it could be a little subjective and might cross the line into undue mod influence. Depends what kind of game you're going for though. Also worth considering is that if the "needing to guess the identity to get the action off" applies to the factional kill, the game could end up dragging.
I wonder if it might be better to give players base abilities but allow them to use more powerful abilities if they guess the identity correctly. For example, a killing role could gain ninja or juggernaut for a night on a successful guess, or a weaker investigative could get a result of a stronger investigative.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
Mini Normal 2337 is in signups with 7/13 slots remaining!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”