How To Mod - Version 2.0

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
AutumnEvenings
AutumnEvenings
Goon
AutumnEvenings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #0) » Sat May 12, 2007 1:46 pm

Post by AutumnEvenings »

beanbagboy wrote:I have a question, on balance, I know a lot (Thanks to this guide) on how to tip balance towards the town with too much scum, but how do you help out the scum if there are too many powerful townies? (I'm talking about a theme game I want to make...)

Death millers, powered scum, and mafia masons are my first ideas, but are there any simpler ways?
The simpliest would be to add another scum role, no?

The site which I usually play at very, very,
very
frequently uses a role that you guys call "the Traitor". Apparently, you have many variants of that role. Ours is like this: it is a player alligned with the mafia (wins when they win). The player knows who the mafia are, but the mafia do not know who the traitor is, nor if they have one (or more). The traitor comes up innocent when investigated by cops. As a disclaimer, we don't reveal roles on death (ever), and only sometimes reveal allignment (in which case, the traitor would come up as non-scum on death). Revealing the role and/or allignment of the traitor would weaken the role somewhat, though they'd know in advance and could play off that as well.

You can do additional things with that role as well. If there are 2 traitors, let them communicate off thread, for example. Or give the traitor an extra power--a doc (good for games with SKs or vigs), roleblocker, even role-cop. Fun times. :) It's still less powerful than a full-fledged mafia member, because of the risk of being nightkilled and inability to communicate with the mafia, plus it's not a killing role, so our rules reflect that in the winning conditions--basically, once all the real mafia are dead, the town wins, regardless of if the traitor's alive.

It's a
really
fun role to play--my personal favorite after vanilla townie. You basically just mislead the town as much as possible (while trying to avoid being nightkilled by the scum, who may need some time to cotton on to your role).
[color=blue][i]"They all crossed into forbidden territory. They all tampered with the laws that lay down who should be loved and how. And how much." --Arundhati Roy[/i][/color]

Return to “Mafia Discussion”