Another Mafia Game Needlessly Ruined: Please Read.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:35 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Agreed, GL. People who do stuff like that need to be banned. There's absolutly no reason to ever let Metatron play another mafia game at this site after that happened, it's just not worth the risk to the other 11 people he's be playing with.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:41 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Zindaras wrote:
HurriKaty wrote:>snip<
*hugs*

The way this behaviour seems to be growing more and more common lately disturbs me greatly.
(shrug) Well, we've had a really major influx of new players in the last 6 months or so. I suppose it's not surprising that there are a few bad apples in the bunch. It is really a shame, though.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #117 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:19 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

MeMe wrote:I've thought about adding a standard rule to my ruleset that reads "you may never claim to be mafia, regardless of your role." Just sucks that it's necessary to even
think
about this.
Now, that wouldn't be a good rule; I've actually won games by claiming to be scum before, in games with multiple scum groups. There are situations where that can actually be a good move, and when it works it's actually a lot of fun.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #129 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:39 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Metatron wrote:As for my actions...There's no excuse. I was frustrated at how it was going down. Remember, it's not as though I replaced in and ruined it all on my first post for shits and giggles. I put in just as much effort ass all of you. And, though you may disagree, much more than myscumbuddies. Can you Imagine how angry I was when, completely out of no where, Tar jumps on me, the second he joins the game, and even more out of nowhere, Simenon does so to. I did everything in my power, short of cheating, ironicly, to get them to lay off me. When I saw that all the effort I put into it was going to be lost by a war of attrition. Not even a nice finale where I fight off hard working townies who manage to outsmart me, but Scumbuddies who stuck enough votes to both start and finish the job, I..couldn't let it happen I guess.
The thing you seem to be missing is that your goal in mafia is not to survive, it's to have your side win. And while it may not have seemed so at the time, Tar and Simenon's votes for you actually might have been the correct move; it's often a good move to sacrifice one of your own in order to prove your innocence. If you had just gone down fighting, you might have been lynched, but you probably would have won the game anyway, because the two of them would have been trusted after they managed to "catch" the mafia godfather. You still could have won that game, because the mafia still could have won that game. Instead, you destroyed your own team mates rather then working with them and if necessary throwing yourself on your sword to help them win.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”