Another Mafia Game Needlessly Ruined: Please Read.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #81 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:03 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

For reference, here was my reasoning for throwing the game:
Tarhalindur wrote:Sadly, I knew that the game was pretty much over after Metatron's stunt and theopor's comments about it - there was still a minute chance of winning (which I thought would require that a) the town thought Meta was linking himself to townies and b) we managed to kill the cop before he checked us out and realized Meta was telling the truth), but not enough to make this game still worth playing as scum. IMO, there's little to no point in continuing to play if you've already lost the game - after all, that's why mods end the game when a scum win is assured (aka "killed in endgame").

When I came in, I decided to bus my godfather in the hopes of all-but-clearing one of us (if I died, Metatron would be largely cleared, esp. with GF immunity; if Metatron died, I would seem pro-town for leading the charge against the mafia GF). Unfortunately, that plan probably wouldn't have worked even if Metatron hadn't ruined the game - I misplayed, and the town realized that I might be bussing. :?

Also, I second the
Ban: Metatron
I might have done better to ask for replacement instead of modkill, but a) I didn't think of that option at the time and b) HurriKaty had already had to get far too many replacements for her game, it wouldn't have seemed fair to ask her to get yet *another* replacement for the game (a triple replacement, to boot).

Continuing to play the game was out of the question for me - there was no chance of me continuing to have fun, and without that there was no incentive for me to continue playing. Selfish, perhaps, but there it is.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #229 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Mr. Flay wrote:I'm pretty sure Simenon is referring to the fact that one of the scumbuddies (can't remember if it was Sim or tar) already had confirmed the truth of what was being outed, by Metatron. By "read the thread", they may very well have meant the
game
thread.
That was me - I looked over the thread, realized that a) the game was all-but-ruined regardless of whether we continued to play and b) it was now effectively impossible for my side to win, and asked for modkill and/or game reboot. There's probably an argument to be made that it was clear that Meta was telling the truth (esp. with theopor's posts as town) even before I asked for modkill, but I do not feel it is my place to make that argument at this point.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found

Return to “Mafia Discussion”