Another Mafia Game Needlessly Ruined: Please Read.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:54 am

Post by zu_Faul »

I'm with Maz on this one.
Maz Medias wrote:
Also, I'm 100% sure that a game that's no longer going has much less potential fun factor than a game that is after a strange event.
Strongly disagree. I've been involved in a game that...well, let's just say the fun factor became extremely negative.
I think then you are doing something wrong. If you don't want to play anymore, get replaced or simply decide to have fun.
Maz Medias wrote: If someone really wants to ruin a game, a rule isn't going to stop them, anyway.
That's so true. You can't have a rule for anything or it won't be fun anymore.
Glork wrote: Maz, I'd like an answer to my question: Do you believe that Metatron broke the "let everyone have fun" rule with his behavior?

A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.
There's a really big problem. You can't make your banning of someone dependent on the answer to that question. That's entirely stupid. I hope it's not what you wanted to imply.
Glork wrote:Would you get a significant level of enjoyment out of winning a game because somebody said "I am scum and here are my scumbuddies" the way Metatron did?
I'm not Maz, and I'm not just silently answering the question for myself, but:
Yes, I would, if I was scum (if this was a gambit [or not[doesn't really work because you said "winning the game,
because
someone said", but you get the point]]).
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:56 am

Post by zu_Faul »

I don't understand "proper gambiting options" here. Fake claiming scum partners would get you banned from my games. Even if the game could continue, you put the mod in the pain in the ass position of having to decide whether to end the game (and get criticized by Maz) or say "heh heh guys, uhhh... the game's not really ruined. Metatron (must have) lied at least partly. go go go"
You aren't. If you always let the game go on. Problem solved, go go go.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:38 am

Post by zu_Faul »

Kelly Chen wrote:Like I said earlier, it's a huge waste of time, and no fair to the remaining screwed scum, to continue a spoiled game.
It's npt spoiled if it's not ended.
CTD wrote:zu_Faul wrote:
I think then you are doing something wrong. If you don't want to play anymore, get replaced or simply decide to have fun.

If the whole roster decided to get replaced in a situation like this (which I'm fairly sure would have happened if the game were allowed to continue), it would result in an abandoned game just as well.
If everyone just out of some reason decides that they suddenly have no fun anymore with a game, it's fine, but why should that happen?
KC wrote:So we shouldn't try to prohibit disruptive behavior?
I wouldn't pay every price for that; I didn't say anything else.
KC wrote:We shouldn't ban disruptive people because they'll carry on outing scum partners anyway?
I don't think that's directed at me, but my answer would be no.
Zindaras wrote:zu_Faul wrote:

A lot of people see Mafia as more than just a game. It is also in many ways a responsibility. You signed up, so you should play the game, and the entire game. I know I view it that way. I feel guilty every time I get replaced and usually do everything I can to make it up to the mod in question.
I see it like you. But altruism at the expense of your happiness is nothing for everyone, and certainly nothing for me.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:01 am

Post by zu_Faul »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
zu_Faul wrote: If everyone just out of some reason decides that they suddenly have no fun anymore with a game, it's fine, but why should that happen?
Because the game was ruined. Duh. Did you happen to actually read this thread?
I did. Duh. Why was it ruined? Duh.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:24 am

Post by zu_Faul »

CrashTextDummie wrote:
zu_Faul wrote:
CrashTextDummie wrote:
zu_Faul wrote: If everyone just out of some reason decides that they suddenly have no fun anymore with a game, it's fine, but why should that happen?
Because the game was ruined. Duh. Did you happen to actually read this thread?
I did. Duh. Why was it ruined? Duh.
It just so happens that I was in the game in question.

It was clear to anyone that the game was ruined, arguably even before the second scum reacted. If the mod didn't end the game (which is what you're advocating), no one would have been compelled to continue.
I'm going to answer that tomorrow, but at first I'll sleep over it. Maybe I really am wrong; otherwise I'll know how to explain it properly then.
zu_Faul
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
zu_Faul
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:22 am

Post by zu_Faul »

JordanA24 wrote:
Vote: We ignore any more posts from Quagmire
Right, if someone disagrees with you, just ignore them and pretend to live your on your happy pink farm with happy pink ponies and such.
Thesp wrote:[/quote="zu_Faul"]
This mentality worries me. A lot. [/quote]

Why?

I think we're all missing the point. The point is to never upset person like HurriKaty again. You can't force this on the people. You can't just ban whoever you deem fit for banning. You can't just make a rule for everything, hinder real gameplay (jeep's example) and hope everything gets better.
The problem is the people. Only people who want to play with other people can play mafia. If you think the other players are there for your entertainment, you're wrong. You're supposed to have fun together. That doesn't mean you have to like everybody. But you can try to behave civilised and make it possible for your fellow players and mods to have fun. That's what
every
player on this site needs to understand. It's sometimes not only a problem newbies have, but if we can teach them this understanding, everything should work out in the end without any awkward rules.
This is going to be my last post on this thread. If anyone wants to discuss this with me, pm or IM me.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”