You know you have been playing too much Mafia when...

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #547 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Yay I had a mafia dream once. Oddly enough the dream "villians" in my dream later turned out to be the real scum in that game.

The other day I listened to the "Bob & Tom" Radio Show. And Bob was cracking jokes at the guest and Tom said "Wow Bob, you are really throwing Jeffery under a bus there" and I thought to myself.
Vote: Bob

The same thing happen during rehearsal for the play I am in. the Director said. "Now in this scene Coronel Jessep is pretty much throwing Dawson and Downey under a bus." I thought that at that moment the Cop had found scum last night and was bringing it to light without showing he already knew everything.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #608 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

I almost marked the wrong square on my ballot because I didn't want to elect McCain and or Palin because I felt they were anti-town. You've played too much when you realize you have to change your thinking in order to vote for who you think is the good guy. Last tuesday I voted to elect a black guy. A long time ago some people would vote to lynch them. Lynchers are scum.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #622 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

populartajo wrote:I think my
G
irl
F
riend is scum. :(
sounds like a solid case to me.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #662 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Some discussions are best ended by vidges before the discussions can even start.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #666 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

JordanA24 wrote:
Tuberkulos wrote:When you follow a girl home to get laid but rape her in the alley instead to save time so you can get home and post before being prodded because of inactivity.
I'd hardly call getting laid inactivity :P
Zing!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #667 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:46 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kmd4390 wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Some discussions are best ended by vidges before the discussions can even start.
Kmd4390 wrote:
Glork wrote:People who happen to know you from somewhere completely different say "hey, aren't you on those mafia boards?"

:/
What?!?

edit:
Daykill Tuber
Done.
Good job night 0 vidge
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #699 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

wifom should be worth at least 15 points

xofelf got to be 50 with the X
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #712 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:57 pm

Post by PokerFace »

somestrangeflea wrote:...when you listen to You're Gonna Go Far Kid by The Offspring and think, "This song could very easily be about Mafia".
This video has a guy with a top hat. And you can't see his face cause of the light...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #721 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

Kmd4390 wrote:When on a random webpage you see the word "alpha" quickly and think it says "alpaca".
Muwahaha!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #743 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

You know you have been playing too much Mafia when...xofelf vidges you over aim since you were obv scum
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #745 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

I regret nothing
bah, go scum!

Godfather, killed Day3
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #769 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:03 pm

Post by PokerFace »

You know you have been playing too much mafia when you start drawing conections between it and your real life. I dislike doctors in real life because they malpractice on my relatives and make you go through alot of red tape just to recieve their crappy treatment. I dislike them in mafia because they stop my kills. And so whenever I kill a doc as scum I feel real good inside, even if its a quack.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #770 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:29 pm

Post by PokerFace »

You know you have been playing too much mafia when you learn someone is different in real life then when they are online, so you start thinking one of them must have been given a scum role
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #772 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #774 (isolation #14) » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

hmm...
The one that tries to look inocent and shy or
The one who totes a gun at her hip ready to strike
My money is on you two being in multiple scum groups :P
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #778 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

On my way home from work yesterday I was stuck behind a parade maker.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... de%20maker
This parade makers had the letter SK on it for SK shipping. I have never heard of their company before, but I so wanted to lynch them and we so had a substantial wagon of vehicles behind it that the mod should have counted it.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #806 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wifom indeed! Light, so should have counter claimed L at the start!
Seraphim wrote:
Andycyca wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
Kairyuu wrote:When you look at your notes after Religion class and all you see are a list of the logical fallacies and scumtells the teacher used to prove his point.
Just make sure you don't get recruited.
This is epic
What if I want to get recruited to win?
I believe I wrote this in the worst roles ideas thread once...
You are an
Altar Boy
. You can not win unless you are recurited by a Cult. Good Luck.
You are a
God Son
. You can not win unless you are recurited by a Mafia. Good Luck.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #812 (isolation #17) » Fri May 01, 2009 3:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

Biggest WIFOM^^. Would the investigaters run with it or talk themselves out of it? Also the joke I was making was how Light became the second L. It would have been hilarious if the made a claim like that day 1.

Also side note...
Two Live Action Death Note Movies > Death Note Manga > Death Note Anime

Light = Eviler and Merciless. He transforms into a villian quickly as he falsely believes himself to be a savior. At the end of the first film He doesn't hesitate as he makes a truly brutal kill with the note that was done differently in the manga and anime. Most brutal death note kill EVER!
L = More stuborn less godlike brains. Some assumptions L made were out there and unthinkable in the manga and series. Some of them were right but no human being would logically think like that. Sure the story is fictional but no human could logically come to the conclusion of Light "planned" to loose his memory and get it all back. The film L was more stuborn and logical than a freak genius theorist. Realized Light was acting wierd when they got the note back and proceed to catch light on all accounts before and after the existance of a substitute. The second film shows his stuborness and logic as he takes on Light, Misa, Rem, as Kira quests for his new rule. Ryuk laughs all along the way...

I was rooting for Kira in the Series and Manga. In the films it was the other way around.
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat May 02, 2009 1:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #815 (isolation #18) » Sat May 02, 2009 1:26 am

Post by PokerFace »

Only time he killed in public without covering in the film was the first kill. He didn't cover it because he didn't think it would work. And if you saw someone right something would yopu really logically think he killed somebody just like that? The death note had not been exposed to the public so he would obv get away with that kill anyway. Then he cries and freaks out in an Alley. Ryuk comes to him and explains everything so Light rises to combat all the sorrow, all the villians and pains he admits to seeing everyday.

Also I liked the idea of how the note was worded as saying:
"Any human that uses a Death Note can not go to Heaven or Hell"
Light's going to purgatory. The place of bored and sorrow were all he has is himself. He must suffer again.

The series and manga had that book exert in it. Only difference is Ryuk said that the exert was true in manga and series only because there is no Heaven or Hell. There being a heaven, hell, and purgatory in the film felt a little more poetic in terms of lights fate and the book's exert in a literal sence.

Also Movie Light was more violent then the other Light's.
The unique type of kill and who he killed with it at the end of the first film was just beautiful. Ryuk said himself. "Wow, I had no Idea my note could be used like that. Awesome. Truly interesting. But still I can't believe you'd go that far." "This is War Ryuk, L's going down" (I can't remember the exact words but this is pretty much what went on)

You might want to use spoiler tag and or edit your quote tags kirroha
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #817 (isolation #19) » Sat May 02, 2009 3:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yes there did seem to be more women with a female kira substitue, Light having a Girlfriend before Misa and there was a female investigater with little part in the kira investigation. Female substitue was like a combination of Sakura TV/Higuchi/Tanaka. Light's GF was there for like an insight to how others may view kira. Her role was rather interesting while she is in the first movie. And the female investigater didn't really do much. Not sure why she was added but meh didn't really cause any harm so I didn't see a problem with it.

You looked at it from wanting more standpoint and from an art point of view.

I looked at it from a standpoint of I heart violence, was disappointed with near and mikami, and wanted more closer than getting left hanging.

That's fine then[/thread highjack]
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #841 (isolation #20) » Fri May 29, 2009 11:14 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Adel wrote:your recurring winning-lottery daydream includes hiring a team of quants and programmers to build and maintain a suite of mafia analysis scripts and databases.
<<Guilty
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #915 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

The following is a true story that happened to me about 10 minutes ago. I was driving down the highway and i saw a cop car pulled over to the side with smoke flowing out of it. Looked like the hood was popped and cop was trying to fix it. I didn't stop to help because i know even less about car repair then i do about polictics. All I did was say to myself, lookslike we'll have to find a replacement...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #930 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by PokerFace »

You know you play too much mafia when you see the preview for the movie "The Town" and think about lynching
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #987 (isolation #23) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

When you send or recieve rope as a birthday present...
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1100 (isolation #24) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have had many jobs since i turned 16. last friday was the first time i ever had to call in sick to any workplace. I gave notice on mafiascum about my sickness and limited posting before i gave notice to my workplace.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1359 (isolation #25) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Lulz^

Also last night I had a dream that I played mafia with the guy from the Doseiux's Beer comercial

When he won the game he said: "I don't always lurk, But when I do, I am Scum."
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1361 (isolation #26) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

He came with the name vengence or what? Thats a cool bunny
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1379 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

Mr. Flay wrote:
PokerFace wrote:Doseiux's Beer comercial
That is the most bizarre spelling of that brand name I've ever seen. Were you drunk when you typed that, by chance?

maybe
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1493 (isolation #28) » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:06 pm

Post by PokerFace »

You know you have played too much mafia when.... You accidently refer to the covenant in halo as being scum

^did that earlier

I also created a mafia game types in halo reach so that also points to me playing too much.
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... /Gametypes
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1511 (isolation #29) » Sat May 05, 2012 11:06 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Mr. Flay wrote:I work for the government, in a city that is 30% African-American (and city employees more like 50%). The conference on question was national, but of similar makeup.

Yeah, I'd have been fired. Bonus points that spellcheck wouldn't have found it!
izakthegoomba wrote:For something that could have just been a typo? :?

Something simular almost happened to me once. I speel things wrong all the time and onetime instead of writing "I'll be on PTO on Friday" I almost sent an email to everyone in the office saying "I'll be on POT on Friday"

PTO = (Paid Time Off)

Maybe I would not have been fired, but I'm certain I would have been drug tested at the least
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1513 (isolation #30) » Sat May 05, 2012 11:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

:eek: seriously

That wasn't intentional
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1515 (isolation #31) » Sat May 05, 2012 11:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

True but I don't deserve the credit. I didn't plan it. Heck if I had planned it, it wouldn't have been funny

...so I do deserve it? I need to stop posting 5-6am
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1516 (isolation #32) » Sat May 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1503, kuribo wrote:just now, I was documenting on a patient and almost typed "Patient complained of nausea during lynch." instead of during lunch.

Kuribo just claimed doctor.

actions now or I call BS
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1584 (isolation #33) » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

wrong thread, nothing to see here
Last edited by PokerFace on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1677 (isolation #34) » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

have not posted in awhile to the point some people thought I would miss last marathon day

despite my low site attendence I seem to still have some mafia tendencies. Tried to send an email to a co-worker named "lyndsey". Was not looking at the screen or my fingers while typing, but realized I had typed it wrong. Looked at screen, and what i had typed was "lynchee"

Edit:In response to the angry pidgeon below, everyone I know with that name spells it lyndsey. Its likly a regional thing if everyone you know spells it 'say'
Last edited by PokerFace on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1784 (isolation #35) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

In a rather awkward conversation, a few of my co-workers admitted to being lurkers. Had to fight a serious urge of yelling "lynch all lurkers!"
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1800 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 1796, Witness Protection wrote:
In post 1795, tn5421 wrote:
In post 1793, Wake1 wrote:When someone suggests you have pizza instead of macaroni for supper, you start questioning their intentions and picking them apart.

:D

...Are you serious? I would much rather have pizza than macaroni for supper/dinner/anytime.

This is definitely scum behavior, no respectable town would want macaroni when pizza is a choice.

VOTE: Wake

VOTE: Wake
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1802 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Wake88 wrote:Oh plz, YOUR all Scum!

To prefer sub-standard pizza over baked macaroni and cheese
from scratch with a delicious crushed-potato-chip topping
is ludicrous. Oh and Scummy.

:P

This
claim
would have been good prelynch

Also was the pizza delivery, frozen then baked, cold pizza left overs, or pizza joes(non-edible they put toppings under cheese. Toppings go on top damnit!)?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1877 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

Drove to work this morning. Saw a truck that read:

Foreman
Bros.
Inc.

With the letters lined up just like that, I thought it was a bread crumb for you know what. And I said to myself, "Well I can guess who is dying night one." It was just too obvious and figured there wasn't a doc. And that's when part of me realized, you are driving to work and not playing mafia. Drink your coffee, wake up, and pay attention

Return to “Mafia Discussion”