Townie by Night... Jester by Day?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:23 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

When you're about to be lynched it's probably different, but in general I do think it is fishy to diligently defend against every point or theory someone makes against you. If you can't actually refute it, and no one else has taken to it, why draw more attention to it?

I don't really understand Fonz' sig. If I make some convoluted theory that Fonz is scum and he calls it the most ridiculous case ever, regardless of whether I think he's overdefensive (which is how I would interpret some kind of hyperbolic reaction to my theory), I don't see what I get out of trying to convince
him
that it's not ridiculous. If other players don't find it ridiculous then I'm good to go...
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:33 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

I'm not sure how a good guy should respond to attacks that he can't refute. I think what I find suspicious is the appearance that the suspected person overestimates how well they're arguing against some point.

What if I just say "I think Yos may be scum with Fonz" with no explanation? Is it your job to pull an explanation out of me so that you can argue against it? I think I would find it suspicious if you put more energy into it than I did to say it. If I were Yos/Fonz I don't think I would respond to that comment unless I was totally baffled by it.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:04 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Xect wrote:It's my impression that actual valid logical arguments are a very rare occurrence in mafia. It's part of the premise of the game that you're denied a solid basis for arguments.
There aren't that many decisive arguments (except perhaps as regards night abilities) but that doesn't mean you don't have logical ones.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”