Modding Question: Order of Night Actions

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Different actions have a fairly established order: roleblockers/switchers, protectors, investigators, killers, recruiters.

MOST of the time, all actions in the same tier are resolved simultaneously. Multi-kills can be thought of as taking place in public (A goes to kill C, is killed by B on his way to leave C's house). Roleblockers blocking each other isn't a problem, roleblockers blocking roleblockers who block other roles gets a little Schrödinger...
(which is one reason never to have more than one roleblocker)

Texas Justice, I would think, would handle simul-kills just fine, considering the showdown mentality inherent in the scenario...
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Also, recruiters can go as early as Step 3 if you're going to allow them to communicate the same night they are recruited into the Cult/Mason Lodge/whatever. Otherwise it prevents the weird "I was recruited and killed, so I lose with the Cult though I played as a Townie my whole life" problem:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7116
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Nemesis wrote:So you'd let someone get an innocent result on someone about to be culted?
If they're
about
to be culted (i.e cannot do anything Cult-related that night), then yes, I think this makes sense. They haven't done anything yet, and there's precedent for Cops generally looking at current guilt, not psychic guilt (one reason Cops sometimes get an Innocent on Godfathers so long as the Godfather refuses to kill that night).
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

The Fonz wrote:Kills should take precedence over investigations. That way, you avoid the scenario where a cop who somehow manages not to know he's been killed discloses his results.
This. Sometimes I confirm to a dead cop that they've found scum with their dying action, but only if it's a player I know and trust not to spill the beans, and I still mention their death in the investigation reveal PM.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

The Fonz wrote:I would personally resolve the 'recruited and killed' thing by having the doc nullify the kill, and the recruit go through. After all, the action targetted at the traitor by the scum
isn't actually a nightkill
This; the Mafia aren't even trying to 'kill' him, they're just targeting him.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”