Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:55 am

Post by towwl »

Nothing has pinged me yet so I'm putting everybody who's posted so far into my town pile. This game is easy!
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:00 am

Post by towwl »

VOTE: 0suka for having 0 posts
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by towwl »

It is oh so very tempting to put Cook at E-1
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by towwl »

In post 56, Ausuka wrote: VOTE: Cook

sheeping bingle
In post 59, Cook wrote: VOTE: cook

sheeping ausuka
In post 60, Ausuka wrote: Wow you're kinda playing with fire here
This kind of pings me towards Ausuka tho on my first read of 60. On my second read 60 pinged me as well. Third time I read 60 it didn't ping me as much but the fourth time I read it I was pinged again.

VOTE: Ausuka
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:56 am

Post by towwl »

In post 67, Merlyn wrote:
In post 64, towwl wrote:
In post 56, Ausuka wrote: VOTE: Cook

sheeping bingle
In post 59, Cook wrote: VOTE: cook

sheeping ausuka
In post 60, Ausuka wrote: Wow you're kinda playing with fire here
This kind of pings me towards Ausuka tho on my first read of 60. On my second read 60 pinged me as well. Third time I read 60 it didn't ping me as much but the fourth time I read it I was pinged again.

VOTE: Ausuka
What pings you about it?
It's very clearly a scumslip as she responds to somebody sheeping her as "playing with fire" when the title of this game characterizes the mafia as fire.

The more serious reason is it's an unneeded early posturing comment to position oneself as the reasonable one in response to something unreasonable (Cook's large early wagon & self-vote). It's fairly distinct from the rest of the early game tomfoolery.

On a somewhat related note, I think Rat and Cook are town.
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:06 am

Post by towwl »

In post 86, Ausuka wrote:
In post 75, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 71, Ausuka wrote: VOTE: towel

I am a big believer in omgus theory
How serious are you here?
I think the whole "i read it four times" thing is pretty performative, and also like 'the joke is actually posturing to seem reasonable' thing seems p stretchy
Maybe I'm just dense. Where's the joke? I read it three more times and I still don't see the post to be a joke.
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:14 am

Post by towwl »

Ok well now I feel like an asshole because I did not read that as intentional!
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:59 am

Post by towwl »

In post 93, Bingle wrote: Towwl is there a particular reason you jumped to thinking that playing with fire was a scumslip instead of using the idiom in the traditional sense of “engaging in a dangerous activity” like, I dunno, an RVS E-1?
I probably should've used a /s on that line. What initially pinged me about 60 and led me to post is what I see as fake caution. After Merlyn asked me about it I noticed the wordplay (but thought it was coincidental) so I poked fun at it by calling it a scumslip.
towwl
towwl
he/him
Goon
towwl
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:50 am

Post by towwl »

In post 129, osuka wrote:
In post 124, Invisibility wrote:
In post 85, towwl wrote: It's very clearly a scumslip as she responds to somebody sheeping her as "playing with fire" when the title of this game characterizes the mafia as fire.

The more serious reason is [yadda yadda yadda]
I was asking cuz I dunno what you're saying when Towwl says he's joking in this post. Like, yeah, if it was after someone called him out then sure it could be backpedaling but this is in the same post. Jeez the Wheeze
any sort of plausible deniability was immediately pulverized as soon as "am I dense? do I not get the joke?" came up on the thread. it was obviously meant seriously, at least partially, so really whether or not that's the whole post or not doesn't even matter - none of it makes any sense and the push was pretty bad even by rvs standards
The "joke" I'm making in is me noticing the
actual
joke Ausuka made in , thinking it was made accidentally, and explaining it as my own joke. Ausuka paraphrases me in as saying that her post was a joke,
which I did not even consider
, and I said as much in . I thought "the joke" only existed in 84. When she explained her joke to me by pointing out that I already explained it in , I said because not only did I steal somebody's joke, I didn't even think that the person I stole the joke from made the joke in the first place. It's rude.

Because of how categorically dumb this is I'd really rather not continue to deliberate on my blunder here as it makes my teeth hurt. I just was stupid and you can push me for it, but I'm going to try not to engage on this line of inquiry as I don't like to dwell on stupid things I've done.

In post 85, towwl wrote: The more serious reason is it's an unneeded early posturing comment to position oneself as the reasonable one in response to something unreasonable (Cook's large early wagon & self-vote). It's fairly distinct from the rest of the early game tomfoolery.
I'll still go into a little more detail here though. I found to be analogous to by scum!Invisibility in my newbie game, which pinged me a bit early in the game but I never brought it up and that slot won in F3. Both posts have that similar "settle down guys" flavor and I didn't want to make the same mistake of letting a small early ping get away from me, especially when the ping is for similar reasons.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”