Open 884: Another Newbie Game | Game Over!

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:55 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

wild that i'm still listed as a newbie huh. looking forward to playing with everyone here tho, i think the only person i've played with here is kitty so it should be nice to have a clean state rather than kicking the game off instantly with personal metas. not that that's awful either it's just always nice to have a change of pace.

anyways i know one person here so time to latch onto em :3

VOTE: KittyTacky
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

"I hope you dont flip scum, you seem really sweet." - curiouskarmadog
"Oopsie is too wholesome to push" - Takutai
Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:53 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 14, OopsieDaisy wrote: wild that i'm still listed as a newbie huh. looking forward to playing with everyone here tho, i think the only person i've played with here is kitty so it should be nice to have a clean state rather than kicking the game off instantly with personal metas. not that that's awful either it's just always nice to have a change of pace.

anyways i know one person here so time to latch onto em :3

VOTE: KittyTacky
turns out this is a lie, my first game here a couple years ago was with cook dang

not that i remember much from it, i played very differently then lol
Show
PSA - I have ADHD. This means I can be forgetful, impulsive, and emotional. Please try to be aware of this when reading me, thanks :]

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:38 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

yooo a dr who profile pic, i love that show :]
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:42 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 19, Dunnstral wrote: @OopsieDaisy: For what reason did you look back at your previous game?

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
i clicked the first link in cook's signature and it took me straight to that first game i played, which was a bit of a shocker lol.

(would recommend not using that as the game you meta read me on, i played a much more passive and reactionary game which isn't rly my current playstyle at all)
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:18 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

lets even up the wagons

UNVOTE: KittyTacky
VOTE: Dunnstral
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:28 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 29, KittyTacky wrote:
pokes game with a stick
i was hoping my vote switch would prompt *something* from people but apparently not lol

gotta keep in mind this is only a 7 day day phase, if we just sit and twiddle our thumbs that deadline will really sneak up on us.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:12 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 32, Purplemango wrote: Wdym?
Also sorry i wasn't really talking i was in school
It's ok, the start of the game can be hard for talking anyways since we start with nothing to go on. we sorta have to manifest things to go on by talking/voting.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:20 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

I like Dannflor right now. He's provided several reads on the current goings on in the game and that's always a good thing for getting us out of RVS and progressing the game. Do I agree with his sus read on Kitty? Ehh idk. Seeing Kitty trying to prompt activity from the game is a very big change of pace from our last game together where Kitty ended up being one of the more inactive players, but that was also a very different environment since there were a lot of big active players in that game.

In theory if someone's playing differently from the last time I played with them and they were town in that scenario, I should be sus, but I like the attitude from Kitty so far even if I recognise it's outside of my experience with em, so it prolly falls to a null read for now.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:12 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 38, Purplemango wrote: On another topic, how to quote things?/g
If you look at the top right corner of someone's post, you should see three icons. If you click the middle icon of those three (the one with the speech marks), you'll be able to quote the post.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:40 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 51, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 35, OopsieDaisy wrote: I like Dannflor right now. He's provided several reads on the current goings on in the game and that's always a good thing for getting us out of RVS and progressing the game. Do I agree with his sus read on Kitty? Ehh idk. Seeing Kitty trying to prompt activity from the game is a very big change of pace from our last game together where Kitty ended up being one of the more inactive players, but that was also a very different environment since there were a lot of big active players in that game.

In theory if someone's playing differently from the last time I played with them and they were town in that scenario, I should be sus, but I like the attitude from Kitty so far even if I recognise it's outside of my experience with em, so it prolly falls to a null read for now.
By several you mean two? This read feels rushed, I don't think Dannflor has done that much yet
I do mean two, and yea of course the read is gonna be rushed it's Page 2. It's not a particularly strong read and I don't think I ever claimed as much? I like what Dannflor is doing for the game right now, but it's very early on and as the game progresses we'll see that read develop.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:42 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In regards to rambly LAMIST posts, yea that's a great summary of how I play the game lmao.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 54, Infinity 324 wrote: what do you think of the people who voted you for that post?
I'm more surprised that Dunn has chosen to not vote for me despite feeling that my read is rushed there.

The votes from y'all don't necessarily ping me because the reasons you suspect me align with reasons other town players have found my playstyle suspicious in other games on the site. I'm a very performative player so I'm basically the walking definition of LAMIST.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 57, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 55, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 54, Infinity 324 wrote: what do you think of the people who voted you for that post?
I'm more surprised that Dunn has chosen to not vote for me despite feeling that my read is rushed there.

The votes from y'all don't necessarily ping me because the reasons you suspect me align with reasons other town players have found my playstyle suspicious in other games on the site. I'm a very performative player so I'm basically the walking definition of LAMIST.
I'm not sure if I should be voting for you. I said your read was rushed but that doesn't mean you are mafia. I wouldn't be confident enough to put you to e-1 just for kicks anyways.
Oooo I forgot Kitty had his vote on me, that makes a bit more sense.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #13) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:12 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

Hmm maybe I do need to look at the people voting me more closely then.

Kitty's vote I didn't rly think of as properly on me cause it was very much just an RVS meme vote. If it stays I'll be concerned but I imagine once Kitty's reads develop it won't.

Infinity was the original voice of "here's an actual reason to vote Daisy" and Mr. K then jumped straight into agreement afterwards. In a vacuum I would distrust Mr. K more since Infinity's read is original and comes from what is typically a first-time-playing-with-me townie perspective on my early Day 1 play, whereas Mr. K's felt like more of an opportunistic move to me. However, Infinity has a lot of experience playing forum mafia compared to Mr. K if we're purely looking at post count, so I'm worried about overlooking Infinity for what is quite a simple observation on my play.

Quick questions:
Mr. K - How much forum mafia experience do you have? Wanna see if me giving you the benefit of the doubt on my read there is actually a good idea or just a bit silly.
Purplemango - Anyone you like/dislike in the game so far now that we're moving into some more alignment-indicative stuff?
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #14) » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

Oh and because Dunn's non-vote onto me makes more sense now:

UNVOTE: Dunnstral
VOTE: Mr. K

Sorry for the triple post (I'm aware that can annoy some people), gonna go to sleep now
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:45 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 66, Mr.K wrote:
In post 59, OopsieDaisy wrote: Quick questions:
Mr. K - How much forum mafia experience do you have? Wanna see if me giving you the benefit of the doubt on my read there is actually a good idea or just a bit silly.
This is an interesting question. I played a couple of games (I think 2 or 3) like 10 years ago, and a few years before that I played one or two. So I have some experience but not a lot and it's from 10+ years ago. Wouldn't be able to tell if I'd give myself the benefit of the doubt or not.
Okok, that's enough experience for me to feel a bit better on my vote on you. Thanks for telling us :]
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:52 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 61, Purplemango wrote:
In post 59, OopsieDaisy wrote: Purplemango - Anyone you like/dislike in the game so far now that we're moving into some more alignment-indicative stuff?
1. It makes sense to me that you're a town, but the "its why people suspect me in other games" was kinda weird to me
i don't know the way of playing of any of you so its not really based on anything, i'll try later To look more carefully at things written so that I have something to base suspects on
2. What 'townspew' means?
1) What's weird about me recognising that the reasons players are suspecting me this game are similar to those that have come from townier sources in other games?
2) Townspewing is basically when someone goes on some sort of ramble/shows a natural train of thought that to certain players clearly show that player is town. At least, I think this is something close to the definition? Couldn't find anything about it on the wiki w/ a quick search.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:31 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 72, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 59, OopsieDaisy wrote: Hmm maybe I do need to look at the people voting me more closely then.
idk is mr k being the third vote on you rather than the second really that different?
No it's not, I just thought Dunn was scummier for the omission of a vote/push at the time because I didn't realise I was already at E-2. With that reasoning out of the way, and with me still wanting to look at the people vocally pushing me right now, I was left with Mr. K and you to look at.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:33 pm

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 84, Mr.K wrote:
In post 81, Dannflor wrote: how would you expect Daisy to distinguish between you hopping onto her wagon as scum versus as town?

like you self admit that the circumstances would be welcome for scum, why is Daisy supposed to give you the benefit of the doubt here?
I see it the other way around. There's a justifiable (in her eyes, based on her reaction) accusation made towards her. Another person agrees with that accusation. How does that make him scum? If we agree that the vote could be viable for both scum and townie, and we know there's more townies than scum in the game, I don't see it as giving me the benefit of a doubt if she's town - especially when she wasn't under the hammer or anything. I'd see it as town making an educated decision that they'll probably change when they realize she's probably town.
I wanted to vote within the people pushing me (at the time that was Kitty, Dunn, Infinity & You) since with little to go on, looking at the people pushing you is a good start. Originally I was gunning for Dunn since I struggling to follow his thought process with the lack of vote, but then after the explanation from him that was cleared up and I felt better about the slot. Kitty's vote on me wasn't much of a worry so I didn't feel the need to pressure there. That left Infinity and you, so whilst I do agree that the observation itself I think is fairly townie, the fact remains Infinity was the one who made that observation and you just followed/sheeped it, hence I think you're scummier than Infinity and so I'm voting you.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:10 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 109, KittyTacky wrote: I think K is town.
How come?
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:38 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 112, Dunnstral wrote: Something I felt was a little weird was that OopsieDaisy's initial vote on me was just to tie my wagon to Gamma's wagon, but then later it felt like their internal reasoning for the vote on me had changed.
What's weird about the reasoning for a vote changing as things happen in the game?

I started voting you to provoke a reaction from the game by evening up the wagons, then my vote remained under a different context when you gave a light push without a vote, and then it left once that vote abscence was explained. I don't see anything weird here?
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:48 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 68, Cook wrote: UNVOTE: Infinity

rvs is over

light tr on kittytacky
What made you tr Kitty at this point?
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:15 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In terms of my own reads.

I like Dannflor still, and I think I like Kitty.
Gamma/Cook/Purple I don't rly know how to go about sorting right now.
Waiting to hear more from Infinity/Dunn, my read is kinda dropping on these two a lil bit since they've kinda just been pushing me and not providing much else to the game.

I'm not seeing how Mr. K doesn't understand why I'm voting him? I think my explanation in makes it pretty clear how I came to that conclusion.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:04 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

I like .

UNVOTE: Mr. K
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:11 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

I wanna see Dunn interact with everything else in the game more, but voting him won't help that. I could vote Cook but it feels like the easy/boring option. Infinity's read on me has become very static but I don't think voting them will do much in terms of helping figure out their slot.

VOTE: Purplemango

Hey Purple how come you haven't voted yet?
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:17 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 141, Purplemango wrote:
In post 130, OopsieDaisy wrote: I wanna see Dunn interact with everything else in the game more, but voting him won't help that. I could vote Cook but it feels like the easy/boring option. Infinity's read on me has become very static but I don't think voting them will do much in terms of helping figure out their slot.

I don't know who to vote for, and I also don't want to get into a situation where I forget about it or something
I see. Currently the pace of the game is a big topic of discussion. Do you think the mafia are more likely to want to keep the game slow in this situation, or do you think they're more likely to be one of the people pushing the game forward to try and gain towncred?
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:36 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 162, Purplemango wrote:
In post 152, OopsieDaisy wrote:
In post 141, Purplemango wrote:
In post 130, OopsieDaisy wrote: I wanna see Dunn interact with everything else in the game more, but voting him won't help that. I could vote Cook but it feels like the easy/boring option. Infinity's read on me has become very static but I don't think voting them will do much in terms of helping figure out their slot.

I don't know who to vote for, and I also don't want to get into a situation where I forget about it or something
I see. Currently the pace of the game is a big topic of discussion. Do you think the mafia are more likely to want to keep the game slow in this situation, or do you think they're more likely to be one of the people pushing the game forward to try and gain towncred?
They will probably talk, especially when there are many who are inactive (sorry about that)
Although not talking is also a good strategy, because they probably won't accuse you that way (but in a more boring way)
You don't have to apologise if you have a thought that paints me as scummy don't worry lol.

My current worry with your slot is I feel like you're v much sitting on a fence waiting to follow where the game goes, rather than making many clear stances on players. There's your light townread on me but that's about it. As you say, talking and not talking are both good strategies for scum (I agree with this), but I tend to worry a little more about non-talkers since in my experience scummy talkers will talk themselves into a hole once you've had a couple of alignment flips. Maybe that's a biased view since I'm a big talker myself, but it's the one I hold and it's why I'm a little worried about letting you (or any player) slide through this dayphase unnoticed.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:40 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

The issue with sorting the less active players is that distinguishing them is something I find very difficult, and so it's very hard to find the right vote out of that group. The main reason my vote is on you right now isn't necessarily because I find you scummy, but it's because you're someone who'll respond to that pressure and will engage with me through that. This means we can use this convo as a way to progress the game + hopefully I'll be able to decide how I want to sort your slot today based on your responses.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #28) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:16 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

UNVOTE: Purplemango
VOTE: Infinity
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #29) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:20 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

In post 193, Cook wrote: oh right infinity hasn't posted anything worth anything

hmm. this changes my thoughts on gamma and dannflor

I kinda agree with the first line, really pinged me because whilst not doing all that much for the game, they were complaining that it was really hard for things to happen in the game.

Thing is I looked at their ISO and they have been doing things, they're just not enough to really swing the gamestate bar specifically the push on me that led the game for a few days and the Cook vote.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #30) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:25 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

Also annoyingly I like Cook's catch-up, so I don't want her to be the vote today.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #31) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:56 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

Tbf I could vote anyone not named OopsieDaisy, Dannflor or KittyTacky right now I think. The important thing is that we're able to decide on a wagon soon before it becomes a mad rush. Or, considering the pace of this game, a missed execution.
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #32) » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:56 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

Like Cook is someone I'd rather not vote but coming down to it I'd obvs take it over a no lim
Show

Wiki page
OopsieDaisy
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
OopsieDaisy
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:09 am

Post by OopsieDaisy »

wp gamers
Show

Wiki page

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”