JupiterXV (2):
Black, hellbooks
Black (1):
Roden
Dannflor (1):
fireisredsir

Not Voting (0):
None

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an elimination.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-02-21 01:27:42).

Mod notes:
  • Here's the combined mod IS... wait.
    The fact Alianna hasn't even egoposted is really throwing me off here.
Alianna is saving her ego post for post 1000
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #189 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:21 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 185, DragonEater70 wrote:
Note: the following rule has been added under game-specific rules, because it's needed for the setup to function properly and I missed it by pure oversight.

In post 1, DragonEater70 wrote: 6. The mafia must kill every night, and if no kill is submitted I will randomize one.
Surely the scum team wasn't theorizing in their PT about submitting a "no kill" to break the set up...
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:54 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 262, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 256, usesPython wrote:
In post 243, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 205, usesPython wrote: Jupiter what games do you enjoy playing (serious read)
In post 206, usesPython wrote: Also preferred movie genre
In post 208, fireisredsir wrote: also preferred music genre (scouting recruits for walrus that won't happen)
oh god these are a lot of questions
i think my favorite experience in a mafia game was back in 2021 where i rolled SK after replacing into a slot and fakeclaimed twice (first as hider, then as doctor) and everyone BELIEVED me. and i actually managed to keep this up until we were at the day until ELO. that being said it was back in 2021 and i haven't played a 3p game outside of mafia.gg since. and mafia.gg is lowkey stinky
so i'd say i enjoy playing scum since being town is lowk stressful lol

okay so I don't actually know how to answer this question since I don't really watch movies all that most. i like ghibli though???? i watched the ace attorney movie for christmas and the boy and the heron sometime afterwards also i liked those movies

i don't know i like a lot of music. i really like classical but it depends on the composer. i like hatsune miku. i'm a miku fan. i also like video game music. and idk i just listen to something and if i like it i loop it for hours. what's walrus
Darn we can't advance the serious read with this. If you answered with something stressful like horror movies we could have pointed to it to hardcore agree with fire's "stress = fun" take on you
i really hate the way the horror movie genre is developed is because none of it is actually good. what i've seen mostly uses over-the-top gore and doesn't build suspense or fear in an interesting way. btw i love blood & gore i eat that shit breakfast lunch and dinner!!!!!!!!
i have yet to see good horror movies will accept reccomendations tho

now if you asked me about my favorite video game subgenres i would ABSOLUTELY say horror. particularly i like psychological horror more than general horror but i think jumpscare horror works (only sometimes, though). i think the reason why, say, FNAF, works as a video game, because it's not a jumpscare horror based on like. haha get scared look at my freaky guy. you only get jumpscared when you get fucked up. and also at some point you get desensitized to the jumpscares so they stop working.
i LOOVE yume nikki. it's so good as a game because of how interesting it's formatted. i still have yet to finish it but when i played it a while back it was so fun. i did end up getting bored a lot of times due to the lack of stimulation (no dialogue). most games are walking simulators and yume nikki is basically that except you add a bit of mental illness into the mix. OMORI is one of those super popular indie horrors and it's kind of on the opposite end of yume nikki like god damn that game is colorful as fuck. so much stuff to do. it was certainly an experience it felt like such a bait and switch to me and the (location name spoiler)
BLACK SPACE
segment was so well-done. the game is also very good at exploring topics related to mental health. so yes i've played some decent indie horror. DDLC was a doozy of a game tho I don't like thinking about it. Another horror I liked was Vincent: The Secret Of Myers but it was more point-and-click if that's the right word. It's an itch.io game. There's a few more itch.io horrors that I played but only one of them really sticks out in my head and it was only because I kept fuckign dying because I was too dumb to figure out how to progress. There was also a game on steam called imscared or something. That was cool I think I liked paying money for that. I like it when the pixels are scary af btw.
Also Danganronpa lowkey went hard but I'm trying to get out of it bc like man that fandom is not good bro. like I step into the dangan fandom and it's like. life is not daijoubu. Gifted kid battle royale was Such a premise. loved the ace attorney mechanics. The executions went so hard (I am ignoring the amount of plot fuckups in the entire series. I don't like thinking about it. Why were there so many crimes against humanity. What was up with the character assassination. Please free me from this horrible game)

probably none of this matters but I like these things. You can read that and watch me slowly get more and more deranged over the course of this entire post I spent like ten minutes typing it out
Every single game on this list had me in a chokehold for years, especially and unfortunately Danganronpa lmao
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:07 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 324, usesPython wrote: Kinda expected us to have more scumreads in a 3(!) mafia game, makes me feels like most of the team is some combo of deepwolf/lurker
How can there be a deep wolf when no one is flipped and no one has made any hard reads?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:07 pm

Post by Roden »

VOTE: Python
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:08 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 327, hellbooks wrote: so is this "townreading the people who scumread us" like an endemic problem because i definitely also felt like a frisson of understanding about it
I do this when I start to feel guilty about OMGUS
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:11 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 335, usesPython wrote: hellbooks/tris/dannflor are white noise null reads, JV/Roden are radio off null reads

Black's decently townie
I forgot JV was in this game

I figured I'd post more by this point, but I'm very reactionary on Day 1 think people also forgot that I was here
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:11 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 349, Roden wrote:
In post 335, usesPython wrote: hellbooks/tris/dannflor are white noise null reads, JV/Roden are radio off null reads

Black's decently townie
I forgot JV was in this game

I figured I'd post more by this point, but I'm very reactionary on Day 1 and I think people also forgot that I was here
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:14 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 345, usesPython wrote:
In post 343, Roden wrote:
In post 324, usesPython wrote: Kinda expected us to have more scumreads in a 3(!) mafia game, makes me feels like most of the team is some combo of deepwolf/lurker
How can there be a deep wolf when no one is flipped and no one has made any hard reads?
Deepwolf as in posting as scum and not getting scumread/getting townread
I tend to see deep wolves as scum nestled in a town core rather than just not taking any heat

Who do you think falls under your definition atm?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:16 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 347, usesPython wrote:
In post 344, Roden wrote: VOTE: Python
Add Roden to the assassination pool for this
Please no, I'd literally rather die today than Day 2, I will throw
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:22 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 350, JupiterXV wrote: danganronpa needs to release me it's been a year i've had enough
You might be safe as long as Kodaka doesn't become nostalgic any time soon
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:24 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 360, usesPython wrote:
In post 357, Roden wrote:
In post 345, usesPython wrote:
In post 343, Roden wrote:
Deepwolf as in posting as scum and not getting scumread/getting townread
I tend to see deep wolves as scum nestled in a town core rather than just not taking any heat

Who do you think falls under your definition atm?
uhh hellbooks/tris/dann/fire probably
Tell me more about Fire
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:21 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 368, usesPython wrote: If there were serious hellbooks scumreads they got memory holed
Hellbooks was the leading wagon at E-2 for a bit, if that means anything. You and Dann eventually moved over to Fire, so the suspicion towards Hell is quiet atm.

Spoiler: VC
In post 178, DragonEater70 wrote:
VC 1.03
Votecount 1.03

hellbooks (3):
Dannflor, usesPython, tris
[E-2]

usesPython (2):
JacksonVirgo, JupiterXV
JupiterXV (2):
Black, hellbooks
Black (1):
Roden
Dannflor (1):
fireisredsir

Not Voting (0):
None

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to secure an elimination.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2024-02-21 01:27:42).

Mod notes:
  • Here's the combined mod IS... wait.
    The fact Alianna hasn't even egoposted is really throwing me off here.

She didn't really react to the pressure though, and didn't seem afraid of a possible E-1 into quick hammer. I do enjoy her posts but she seems allergic to committing to any thoughts or reads or anything alignment-indicative.

Spoiler: interesting posts
In post 122, hellbooks wrote: skitter's first two posts in coalition (she was my scum partner)
hello hello
hellbooks i promsie not to misread u this time
fire's first two posts in this game
In post 8, fireisredsir wrote: hiiiiiiii
In post 9, fireisredsir wrote: im going to try extremely hard not to read hellbooks' alignment off how much i enjoy reading her posts because that is proven to be wholly ineffective
Much to thin kabout
In post 278, hellbooks wrote: python going like "what is your favorite genre serious question" and then secretly hoping jupiter says horror as like a gotcha journalism method and then as soon as jupiter doesnt say horror instantly going like "aw darn i hoped you were gonna say horror" is kinda cool but i dont have much to say about it im just kind of like writing it down in class for lack of anything else to do knowing im not gonna study over it later
In post 301, hellbooks wrote:
In post 279, JupiterXV wrote: i dont actually have three sucm here
this sort of thing suggests like a process of creating a readslist thats "ok i have to come up with three scum and cant"
i hesitate to jump to any wild conclusion thats like "and so i think youre like forcing yourself to fabricate a readslist" (and in fact basically every reads list ive ever made has been the result of me feeling forced to make it) but anyway i think coming up with just one scum per day is kind of like more than enough to get the job done personally. and you seem to have done that and then decided to vote someone else (classically town action)

Like, these posts are good food for thought and make me think about player intentions and interactions in a different light, but the player posting these doesn't seem to be doing the same.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:22 pm

Post by Roden »

VOTE: hellbooks

This is a better vote for now
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (isolation #16) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:08 pm

Post by Roden »

Mine
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:54 pm

Post by Roden »

Do you think I'm scum
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:31 pm

Post by Roden »

I don't think hellbooks has done anything to look less scummy, she's still my preferred vote
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:01 am

Post by Roden »

Sorry for being gone, catching up now