open 914: the coalition (this is completed)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #401 (isolation #0) » Wed May 01, 2024 9:20 am

Post by tired person »

hi

HEAL: tired person, black, moros, aventurine, may
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #1) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:34 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 411, Tsawwassen wrote: I think we are all converging on a coalition
In post 414, Tsawwassen wrote: Umlaut, implosion, Black, Moros, Aventurine

^ this one I think
In post 416, Tsawwassen wrote: Hmm, ok we are on the precipice of convergence
I originally thought that this sequence was scummy because i thought tas as town should oppose coalitions that don't include him (i know i would). but now i think tas is actually town because it does seem this coalition aligns with his reads and i think he might just be happy to have a coalition that aligns with his reads more or less... but this only makes me want to oppose this coalition even more because if tas and i are town, the chances of this coalition succeeding is very very low. an if he's scum then i was initially right that he is trying to push a coalition with his partner.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #2) » Wed May 01, 2024 10:34 pm

Post by tired person »

with his panter in it, i mean
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #3) » Thu May 02, 2024 12:59 am

Post by tired person »

tas how do you feel about the following, drastically different coalition?
tired person, black, tas, aventurine, may
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #4) » Thu May 02, 2024 5:16 am

Post by tired person »

In post 423, Tsawwassen wrote:
In post 421, tired person wrote: tas how do you feel about the following, drastically different coalition?
You already know the answers to this question, bozo
did you find cutter b actively scummy? because i found her pretty towny before i replaced in
also talk to me about your may scumread and umlaut townread because we seem to diverge there.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #5) » Thu May 02, 2024 5:19 am

Post by tired person »

i think may is town because of her complete disregard to being townread and also just an overall lack of positioning attempts.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #6) » Thu May 02, 2024 5:27 am

Post by tired person »

you mean on page 16 or before that?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #7) » Thu May 02, 2024 5:28 am

Post by tired person »

HURT: all
HEAL: taswassen, aventurine, black
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #8) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:08 am

Post by tired person »

In post 431, Black wrote:
In post 425, tired person wrote: i think may is town because of her complete disregard to being townread and also just an overall lack of positioning attempts.
In post 428, tired person wrote: HURT: all
HEAL: taswassen, aventurine, black
Two questions. Why did you not put May in your coalition? And considering you townread May due to her not trying to get townread, what do you think of me actively trying to get townread?
i changed my coalition vote because i looked at the vc and tried to see how i could vote a coalition that's actually viable. may isn't very viable right now especially with how tas responded to my suggestion and she was one of my weaker townreads anyway compared to you and aventurine.
i actually townread you
because
you're trying to get townread, among other things. it (as well as other things you did like questioning people) read as genuine.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #9) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:09 am

Post by tired person »

In post 430, Moros wrote: i think that tired person making the case that may is town while both of them are on the outskirts of being included in coalitions is more likely to be town behavior.
In post 432, Black wrote:
In post 430, Moros wrote: i think that tired person making the case that may is town while both of them are on the outskirts of being included in coalitions is more likely to be town behavior.
I don't really agree, and I think it makes a lot of sense if the solve is just TP/May
it's interesting because i had the exact same thought as black here, that what moros is pointing out would make us partnered if anything.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #10) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:15 am

Post by tired person »

In post 438, May wrote: I think I fundamentally disagree that approaching coalition games with a decreased interest in finding scum is the strongest way to win the setup

That formula is
You don't actually find 5 town because the easiest way to find town is watching townies hunt scum
The coalition fails, even if you don't believe point one, most do
All of your favorite town reads get mercked to the sky by NKs because everyone has gotten very public and confbiased about their strongest town reads
You make the entire setup divide and conquer but worse
i agree with may. may, who do you think is scum?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #11) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:28 am

Post by tired person »

i think there's one scum in umlaut, implosion, moros(???). this is a game state read based on the following facts:
-the consensus townreads seem to be in umlaut, implosion, moros, black, aventurine, and tas (this is based on the vc).
-i know i'm not scum (and i'm not in it)
-i feel like scum is happy with the gamestate considering how little fighting there is right now to shake up the game or to get townread. if may is scum which i don't really think she is then she's putting too little fight imo to be mafia with ceejay.
-i strongly townread black, aventurine and tas, and have ruled them out.
considering that they seem to be in every coalition, it's very likely the coalition will fail. unless we change it. what do we change it to i don't know yet, which is why i only voted for 3 people not 5.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #12) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:39 am

Post by tired person »

In post 449, implosion wrote:
In post 421, tired person wrote: tas how do you feel about the following, drastically different coalition?
Also what the hecking heck is this question? Is this a real serious question? Did you genuinely think there was any possibility that Tsawwassen would answer in the affirmative, if so why given the coalition that they'd just said they thought was good and if not then why ask it?
i asked because i wanted to.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #13) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:42 am

Post by tired person »

just to be clear: i still want to have may in the coalition. i am not voting her for the same reason i'm not voting myself, which is that i want to find a coalition that other players will actually agree to.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #14) » Thu May 02, 2024 6:59 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 468, May wrote: . It's great that you're correctly calling me town against the grain for little benefit but you're also correctly calling me town against the grain for little benefit, jellyfishing so hard you neither pull yourself into coal nor push me into coal is ignoring the wincon in a town rolepm pickup beyond the pale.
You even said your pred was townie, which I and I think another player or two has expressed, but still don't want in.
This would add up to more disdain than aventurine or umlaut if I did not have a handful of things I liked for cutter B's posts
HEAL: may, tired person

is that better?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (isolation #15) » Thu May 02, 2024 7:09 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 487, Tsawwassen wrote: I'm surprised Umlaut is in so many coalitions, I forgot why I townread him tbh. If we gave him the boot we would be one step closer to convergence

HURT: Umlaut
HEAL: ceejay
this makes no sense. nobody is going to converge on ceejay.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #16) » Thu May 02, 2024 7:46 pm

Post by tired person »

i feel i should explain why i didn't vote for myself and may straight away, since this seems to upset a great deal of people:
well for one i did vote for us in my first post. then i asked tas, who i was wanting to work with, about his opinion on a coalition with us so he said no. so at that point i voted for the same coalition but without us, thinking that i could maybe compromise if i convinced tas that may (or myself) was town and he convinced me that umlaut (for example) was town, and then i'd heal may and umlaut as the last two. but since neither he nor anybody else had bothered to give a convincing town case on any of moros, umlaut, or implosion, then i've given up achieving such a compromise and will be just voting for my preferred coalition now.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (isolation #17) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:53 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 492, Tsawwassen wrote: Moros and implosion should be pretty self evident from their ISO. I'm not sure what exactly you're seeing from May that you're not seeing from the other two

I feel like I've asked you this before...
that doesn't really help tho. i already saw their posts and had them as weak townleans before i started townreading you, i want to know why they are such strong townreads for you.

i explained about may, i feel her approach is not too concerned with any sort of positioning. if she's scum and townread she should be working toward a mislim after the coalition fails. if she's scum and scunread she should be working to be townread or to have her partner's position cemented in the coalition. i am not getting these vibes from her. i also just townread her approach on a visceral get level. i might actually be wrong but so far her reaction to my townread of her makes me think she's town. i don't think she'd be fighting her only townreader as scum.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #18) » Thu May 02, 2024 10:59 pm

Post by tired person »

ftr i slightly scumread implosion and umlaut and undecided about moros. i will make my cases later today.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (isolation #19) » Mon May 06, 2024 10:17 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 504, implosion wrote:
In post 497, tired person wrote: ftr i slightly scumread implosion and umlaut and undecided about moros. i will make my cases later today.
I will note that I think me + Umlaut is like, a *wildly* unviable scum pairing in this game, if that is the implication (which it doesn't have to be). I think I would basically never play this setup in the manner of be scum -> get somewhat townread -> call my scumbuddy super duper hard town out of nowhere and advocate a coalition core including both of us. Having exactly 1 scum on coalition is ideal for scum and in one of my recent coalition games I sort of went out of my way to not have to advocate for including both of us.
oh i definitely don't think you are the scum team, i just think either of you independently have a slightly higher chance to be scum than the others.

also, sorry for disappearing. something unexpected came up in real life, but i should be able to post as normal again.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (isolation #20) » Mon May 06, 2024 10:19 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 515, Tsawwassen wrote: Reading back on tired person's ISO, it wasn't as scummy as I originally thought, so I might've given him less credit than he deserves.

But his approach felt a little blunt to me for someone who replaced in - I expected to see a "settling in" period from him, but that element was missing. So I felt like he was coming in with a more informed view on the gamestate than anticipated.

I'm not ready to call that slot town though for the fuzzy logic of townreading Black because she wants to be townread and townreading May for the opposite.
if it helps. the reason i had this approach is that i always read games i replace into before replacing in.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (isolation #21) » Mon May 06, 2024 10:21 pm

Post by tired person »

regarding the logic with may and black, it's all context dependant and personality dependant. the way that black wanted to be townread felt towny, while the way may didn't care about being townread also felt towny. bc they have different personalities and contexts.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #22) » Mon May 06, 2024 10:32 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 519, Tsawwassen wrote: Mostly by tone. I get a sense of clarity reading his posts; the opposite of what I normally associate with scum posting with no substance.

I also it's pretty hard to fake this tone as scum and would be surprised if he is capable of it
you might have a point. i usually try to avoid reading people by tone, because i am pretty bad at it. would you consider yourself good at reading people by tone? how confident are you in that read?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (isolation #23) » Mon May 06, 2024 10:34 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 534, implosion wrote:
In post 530, the worst wrote: hey y'all how're we doing?
scum post
why?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #24) » Mon May 06, 2024 10:45 pm

Post by tired person »

tas there's something which doesn't really add up for me. in posts and you seemed to be happy with a coalition that included umlaut, implosion, black, moros and aventurine. you also townread want to include yourself and ceejay. does that mean you think the scum team is exactly myself and may?

however i still townread tas because the pivot to include ceejay over umlaut doesn't feel scum motivated and doesn't really make sense for scum to do.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #25) » Mon May 06, 2024 11:20 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 497, tired person wrote: ftr i slightly scumread implosion and umlaut and undecided about moros. i will make my cases later today.
as to this, perhaps cases is too generous a description. i will simply give my thoughts:

moros i would say has a towny tone, but as i try to avoid relying on tone it becomes null. i really don't feel anything it has said gave me much of an impression of what its alignment might be, as weird as it may sound.
implosion i also felt was very towny in real time reading his posts, but in reading his iso i feel a lot of his antics are sort of geared toward making a preformance of having a towny mindset rather than actually coming from a towny mindset. i cannot put a finger on it but the post that alerted me to it was . another thing that i take issue with is the fact that he seems completely content with his reads in a way that town often aren't. i'd expect him to show at least some degree of paranoia toward his townreads or curiosity toward the alignment of his nullreads, which i'm just not seeing.
umlaut i forgot why i was even scumreading. he also feels very null to me on review of his iso.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #26) » Mon May 06, 2024 11:21 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 547, Tsawwassen wrote:
In post 544, tired person wrote: tas there's something which doesn't really add up for me. in posts 414 and 420 you seemed to be happy with a coalition that included umlaut, implosion, black, moros and aventurine. you also townread want to include yourself and ceejay. does that mean you think the scum team is exactly myself and may?
What doesn't add up?
well aside from knowing that i'm town, do you feel me and may make sense as a scum team?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #27) » Mon May 06, 2024 11:23 pm

Post by tired person »

i want to reiterate because i had it sandwiched between two nullreads, but implosion is currently a scumread for me.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #28) » Mon May 06, 2024 11:30 pm

Post by tired person »

i see. would you deign to give it thought now? and why do you townread implosion? and what do you think about my implosion read?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (isolation #29) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:24 am

Post by tired person »

i have thoughts about the worst, i'm just not sure what those thoughts are.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #30) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:25 am

Post by tired person »

i got kinda convinced by her case on aventurine though

HURT: aventurine
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (isolation #31) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:32 am

Post by tired person »

In post 274, Aventurine wrote: HURT: ceejayvinoya, for now
hey aventurine care to explain this vote?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (isolation #32) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:36 am

Post by tired person »

In post 290, Aventurine wrote:
In post 289, Black wrote:
In post 274, Aventurine wrote: HURT: ceejayvinoya, for now
Can you explain your thought process when you did this
Was thinking about the post that Moros made and I was pretty sure the response was made by ceejayvinoya but I wasn't too sure so I removed them for now
but the reaponse was by ceejay and then you put ceejay back in the coalition. why?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (isolation #33) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:41 am

Post by tired person »

In post 597, the worst wrote: the worst
implosion
Moros
May
Black
Tsawwassen (this is a bad read)
tired person
experience
Aventurine

as of right now
May should be higher but I'm so bad at reading May accurately she's such a significant loss vector aaaahhhh

HURT: all
HEAL: implosion, may

everyone else may now begin begging for inclusion
i don't think you gave any mention to posts i made in your catchup so i'm wondering how you arrived at the read you have of me.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (isolation #34) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:49 am

Post by tired person »

i can't help but feel like the worst is tryharding in a scummy way and trying to push some agenda but at the same time i'm just not seeing what the agenda is, if that makes sense. perhaps it is just my natural sense of paranoia toward waterfowls which it is at play here.

in any case i have reread aventurine iso and while originally i had townread 310, thinking that it was quite unintuitive for scum to make, i can now see it as appeasing as i believe may described it. so i'm currently landing on a scum lean.

p-edit: i know 1-2 of my poe will be coalition'd which is why i'm advocating against it. i explained earlier why i scumread implosion.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (isolation #35) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:50 am

Post by tired person »

my only locktown reads are black and may atp.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #36) » Tue May 07, 2024 1:51 am

Post by tired person »

In post 548, tired person wrote: implosion i also felt was very towny in real time reading his posts, but in reading his iso i feel a lot of his antics are sort of geared toward making a preformance of having a towny mindset rather than actually coming from a towny mindset. i cannot put a finger on it but the post that alerted me to it was 327. another thing that i take issue with is the fact that he seems completely content with his reads in a way that town often aren't. i'd expect him to show at least some degree of paranoia toward his townreads or curiosity toward the alignment of his nullreads, which i'm just not seeing.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (isolation #37) » Tue May 07, 2024 3:06 am

Post by tired person »

In post 610, the worst wrote: you drew a pretty short straw as either alignment here. my reads formed on other players while your pred kinda just posted stuff that I mildly disliked. I enjoy that you're challenging the status quo to the death
and stuff but I also think that's something you kinda are compelled to do as either alignment here.
it's weird to me that you say i'm "kinda compelled to [challenge the status quo to the death] as either alignment here". bc from your point of view if you are town and your read that may is town is correct, then if i'm scum i'm very much not compelled to challenge the status quo at all. since if i'm scum my partner is all but guaranteed to be in the coalition at the point i entered the game.
In post 610, the worst wrote: you're also well spoken and compelling which makes me extra anxious to readjust my read on you right now
what specific argument do you find compelling? i'm curious because most others seem relatively uncompelled by what i say.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #622 (isolation #38) » Tue May 07, 2024 3:18 am

Post by tired person »

In post 613, the worst wrote: but I feel more strongly about the thing I see that makes me think he's town
and what precisely is that thing?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (isolation #39) » Tue May 07, 2024 3:40 am

Post by tired person »

what does that mean?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (isolation #40) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:00 am

Post by tired person »

moros you give me the feeling you're unconcerned with who will be in the coalition and are just observing the game and commenting on things happening. why is that?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (isolation #41) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:01 am

Post by tired person »

In post 638, implosion wrote: I think if worst is scum, viscerally it feels like there's a good chance the other scum is near the bottom of their reads list. They're trying to take the thread by storm to an extent and I think the way they're talking about the people high up on their list doesn't really strike me as scum->scum except possibly for like Moros, but I don't think Moros is scum. Or maaayybe black. But I don't think worst would often be scum with May or tsaw here.
do you think worst/aventurine scumteam is plausible? because i have a nagging feeling it might be ever since the worst convinced me that aventurine is scum.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (isolation #42) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:10 am

Post by tired person »

okay
i guess i'm not ousting implosion from the list
HEAL: black, may, moros, implosion, tsawwassen
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (isolation #43) » Tue May 07, 2024 8:16 am

Post by tired person »

In post 646, the worst wrote: if you're scum your slot is kind of dead on arrival, right? how are you not compelled to challenge that status quo?
because it's a coalition game? i could very well be taking an approach focused on securing my partner's position inside the coalition instead of trying to get everyone to re-eval everything. this makes no sense at all.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (isolation #44) » Tue May 07, 2024 7:58 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 662, Moros wrote: would you support Moros, Black, implosion, May, tired person?
i would, but i'm curious why you'd take me over tas
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (isolation #45) » Tue May 07, 2024 10:24 pm

Post by tired person »

i can't fathom having black so low in a readlist.
In post 683, the worst wrote: HEAL: tired person

4/4 one to goooo
why?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (isolation #46) » Tue May 07, 2024 11:15 pm

Post by tired person »

i meant why u healed me, dummy
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (isolation #47) » Wed May 08, 2024 4:21 am

Post by tired person »

interesting analysis, i assume that you think this implicates them as the team?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (isolation #48) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:38 am

Post by tired person »

In post 713, May wrote: HURT: Implosion HEAL: the worst?
I hope implosion just posts something townie and the slot feels like really good occam's razor town again

If I wasn't cooking too hard because it already is
going from healing my strongest scumread to my third strongest scumread is a small victory, but a victory nonetheless.
also have i mentioned i am going to sheep may?
HURT: Implosion HEAL: the worst
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #49) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:57 am

Post by tired person »

In post 708, the worst wrote:
In post 697, May wrote: Hot take it is a mistake to try to guess the exact team at this point
Fairly strongly agreed, I think my solve isn't experience/Aventurine as a team so much as 1-2 scum in experience/Aventurine and I wonder who im townreading incorrectly.
that's what's baffling me bc u seem to not be actually concerned with finding out all that much.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #727 (isolation #50) » Wed May 08, 2024 7:58 am

Post by tired person »

In post 719, the worst wrote: confession time. Black should be town but has relentlessly scumposted since I replaced in :lol:
that might actually be tru tho
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (isolation #51) » Wed May 08, 2024 9:00 am

Post by tired person »

In post 733, the worst wrote: these are exactly on brand lurker scum posts :P
that's what i also thought but i think the rest of her posting is town enough to just ignore that.
In post 734, the worst wrote: For the record I think tired is very likely to be town because while I stand by everything I said previously, I think their play here is necessarily a charismatic one and I think playing anti-charismatically against my very loud replace in is a fairly strong indicator of a town mindset
i genuinely have no idea what u just said here with my play being both charismatic and anti-charismatic. however i can agree that it's town indicative for me to approach your slot as well as implosion's in a stubbornly obstinate manner (i think that's what u meant by playing anti-charimatically). would u be amenable to unhealing implosion and healing urself and calling it a day? or even healing black if u deign to townread her.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (isolation #52) » Wed May 08, 2024 10:09 am

Post by tired person »

In post 749, the worst wrote: including myself increases odds of a successful coalition fmpov significantly
In post 749, the worst wrote: implosion >>> myself > black
and u don't see that these are at odds? like seriously i feel like u and i are just speaking a different language or somthing. or mayb from a different planet. if u want to increase the odds of succeeding why aren't u healing urself?
In post 749, the worst wrote: increasing the urgency of sorting black feels stressful if that's a failing coalition
okay i understand this viewpoint tho somewhat begrudgingly.
In post 749, the worst wrote: ur saying u don't understand my point then restating my point in ur own words which further PROVES my POINT AAAHHH
no girl i was saying that i don't understand how u can sya i'm both charismatic and anti charismatic. i did understand what anti charismatic means on its own.

unrelated but i think may has just reached a brand new level of town for me based on her posting last page and i definitely agree with what she's saying about implosion and that's the main point of my scumread on him pretty much. the lack of curiosity, that is.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (isolation #53) » Wed May 08, 2024 10:16 am

Post by tired person »

In post 88, implosion wrote:
In post 66, Umlaut wrote: Meh, mech talk. I nommed myself because I'm town and I want to nom people who are town.
In post 26, Tsawwassen wrote: I won't nominate people who nominate themselves
Weird. (Looks like you backed out of this quickly though)
In post 28, Moros wrote: i will nominate a person if and only if the person doesn't nominate themself
Okay, Bertrand.
In post 67, Umlaut wrote: Actually

HEAL: Tsawwassen

It's a bit moon-logicky but I find the immediate about-face towny.
In post 68, Umlaut wrote:
@Tsawwassen
, do you have previous Mafia experience?
I'm a little bit tempted to significantly townread this sequence. The fact that there's 3 posts and the spacing of their timing I think points to town who saw something weird, then realized they felt it was not scummy, and then thought a bit more on it and realized that it might depend on previous experience level. I think it's a bit less likely to come from scum since Umlaut would have to manually decide to take both the step to make the second post, and the step to make the third post. Maybe way over-reading into things but curious if anyone sees what I'm seeing.
acutally it's true that this is a very strong reason to townread umlaut i guess.

HURT: the worst HEAL: experience
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (isolation #54) » Wed May 08, 2024 10:20 am

Post by tired person »

furthermore i'm pretty sure that if implosion is scum then they are spewing umlaut town anyhow.
In post 762, implosion wrote: This is not to say I want Aventurine on coalition
who
do
u want on the coalition?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (isolation #55) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:49 am

Post by tired person »

there seem to be 9 hours to deadline and 6-7 pages i haven't read.
i am going to probably skim those pages then post my final coalition vote and then go to sleep.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (isolation #56) » Thu May 09, 2024 10:01 am

Post by tired person »

actually just from reading page 32 i think i want to
HEAL: may, black, tired person, moros, experience
that this overlaps with may's coalition vote is a bonus. rest assured that i have arrived there independently.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (isolation #57) » Thu May 09, 2024 10:24 am

Post by tired person »

oh seems it was hammered anyway well good luck i'm going to sleep
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (isolation #58) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:11 pm

Post by tired person »

VOTE: implosion
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (isolation #59) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:14 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1020, implosion wrote: This is a super peculiar post. tired person, when you made this post, did you think that Black had just changed her coalition to match May's? Because here you heal May's proposed coalition in a resigned way but the only thing you could seemingly be reacting to is Black's unheal and heal a couple posts earlier but Black actually unhealed someone she had already unhealed previously.
i thought she just changed her coalition to match moros, and i decided that if the choice was between moros's and may's, i preferred may's.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (isolation #60) » Thu May 09, 2024 9:25 pm

Post by tired person »

i think these are the only viable scumteams right now, assuming that i am town (which i know but all of u don't) and that my townreads are correct (which i maybe mistakenly want to believe):

implosion/aventurine
implosion/the worst
moros/the worst
implosion/moros
moros/aventurine
moros/experience

i didn't do any digging into them yet but i will later on.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (isolation #61) » Fri May 10, 2024 9:31 am

Post by tired person »

In post 1044, May wrote: If its a precursor to a plan to do a bunch of preflip association scum hunting I think it's an inefficient way to win at mafia

It's like the most unsortable thing ever because you work backwards from some kind of entry that appeared in the list and work backwards is a scum thing
it was a precursor to such a plan but. ok, i won't do it.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1053 (isolation #62) » Fri May 10, 2024 9:35 am

Post by tired person »

implosion, since the coalition phase is over and ur reads have proven worng unless i'm mafia (and i'm not mafia, and if u fade me u'll see it in my flip), which of ur townreads do you feel u were likeliest wrong about? and more importantly why?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (isolation #63) » Fri May 10, 2024 9:35 am

Post by tired person »

(in ohter words, ur voting me rn. after i flip town who will u vote d2?)
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1064 (isolation #64) » Fri May 10, 2024 6:14 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1055, implosion wrote: i think i've been pretty clear about that? moros.
u ignored the "why moros" part.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (isolation #65) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1065, implosion wrote: i did ignore it apparently!

I've felt more solid about Black and May lately, in short. I think the trajectory of Black's reads has been very haphazard in a townish way; like I said the me+may thing is something I think town can very reasonably come up with (which doesn't necessarily make it a significantly +town thing for Black but I think it is a little +town). I think the way that she's been seemingly becoming more stuck in that worldview while having been generally fairly fluid with her reads is townish. I thought her flat-out taking the lead and saying "this is the coalition, do we have the 5 people?" and reaching out to a bunch of individual people in that situation was quite townish, I think she was pretty likely to be on coalition at that point and she's definitely not the kind of player who would try to railroad a specific coalition for the sake of e.g. making sure scum are split on/off so I think her scum incentive to be so politically active at coalition phase end is sort of not there so much.

May has just townpinged me a lot since ~1/2 way through the game. I don't really have a problem with the way she's been paranoid of me. She's been even more all over the place with her reads to some extent iirc. gun to my head i'd say i don't actually have any
real
confidence in this read inasmuch as I don't really have confidence in my own ability to read May. But I think at some point I have to just accept the read if I keep getting pinged that way. e.g. feels like a town post, just the way she's talked about her reads in general i think i could cite specific examples if you want but you also appear to townread her so. if i go and look for examples it won't actually necessarily be the same posts that made me feel she's town over time it'd just be the ones i notice now
this is very believable and agree-able. i'm going to unvote while i ruminate, but pls don't take it to mean i don't scumread u anymore.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1097 (isolation #66) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:37 pm

Post by tired person »

i also seem to have missed some important posts (i wasn't even aware of black's may/implosion case) so i need to reread those.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (isolation #67) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:39 pm

Post by tired person »

wait i didn't unvote. UNVOTE:
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (isolation #68) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:44 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1068, implosion wrote: actually fuck it.

VOTE: Moros

Maybe the pattern of early lingering townread is actually something that's really scum indicative. rubs me the wrong way. It feels very waters testing, it reads as a really 1 dimensional view of the game, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. tired person's posting is generally not bad right now.
i'm not of one mind regarding this vote. on the one hand i think as scum, implosion would know that there seems to be a lot of resistance to voting me (and that black and may seem to be hard to fade) so might just be taking the most "politically viable" (to use his own words) fade here. on the other hand, if implosion is town then the scum in the coalition is almost certainly moros. what i really want to know is:

why do u suddenly townread me? i thought u had me quite low all game and objected to having me in the coalition.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (isolation #69) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:48 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1078, implosion wrote:
In post 1076, Moros wrote: obviously they are not. but im not sure how to tell where i was wrong.
Well yes i understand this, but presumably you have reasons for each individual in the coalition for why you think that they are town, even knowing that one or more of those reasons are wrong. I'd like to know what those chief reasons are in the current state of where your head is at, without you having reread it. It doesn't have to be in depth, just like, a sentence or two on each person.
i would also lika that, moros
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (isolation #70) » Sat May 11, 2024 10:49 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1087, experience wrote: i think i might reread last coalition games to compare implo's play, both times.
did u do that?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (isolation #71) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:09 am

Post by tired person »

In post 1112, Black wrote:
In post 1108, implosion wrote: it sure feels like you're the only person making an effort to solve the game right now
???
In post 1113, Black wrote:The fuck?
posts like these are why black is my top townread.

as to whether i'm going to be voting moros or implosion today, i haven't made up my mind yet and i don't think i will before moros gives more of its reasoning for townreading everyone.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (isolation #72) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:12 am

Post by tired person »

In post 961, Black wrote: This team would explain why May never really fought very hard to be in the coalition. implosion was a lock from nearly the beginning
In post 979, Black wrote: Looking at May's ISO I don't see any real attempt to sort implosion. In fact implosion is probably the slot she interacts with the least. Her heal in feels so random
would u say these are ur main reasons for ur solve or is there something else that drove u that to that tinfoil?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (isolation #73) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:14 am

Post by tired person »

and do u scumread may individually at all?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1221 (isolation #74) » Sun May 12, 2024 8:46 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1130, Black wrote: Would you mind explaining your May townread before I do that?
i wouldn't mind. i think her posting feels natural. i don't think she has had much of an agenda throughout the game. tho i admit that if u look at it thru the lens of "may is mafia with implosion" then that does explain why she would be unconcerned with an agenda (because implosion would be the one pushing it).
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1222 (isolation #75) » Sun May 12, 2024 8:47 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1141, Black wrote: VOTE: May
black if u think it's may and implosion could u please vote implosion first?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1223 (isolation #76) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:01 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 932, schadd_ wrote:
vote count 1.a !

coalition votes:

Tsawwassen:
May, Black, implosion, Moros, tired person
Moros:
implosion, Black, Moros, May, tired person
Black:
Black, May, tired person, Moros, implosion
the worst:
Black, May, tired person, Moros, implosion
experience:
May, implosion, tired person, Moros, Black

May:
Black, May, Tsawwassen, experience, tired person
tired person:
Black, May, Moros, Tsawwassen, experience
Aventurine:
(none proposed)
implosion:
(none proposed)

with 9 alive, it took 5 of the same vote to propose a coalition.
this is so confusin ot me bc like moros said if u have 3 people outside the coalition voting for it its guaranteed to b wrong. and at the same time i think that tas and experience would vote for a coalition without them as town even tho it's guaranteed to be a bad play. and i'm starting to think that the worst might be town. so i can actually see the scumteam being implosion/may, especially cuz neither voted for the coalition (which as implosion said, it's dangerous to have both scum inside).

additionally i'm a bit annoyed at moros not answering this:
In post 1100, tired person wrote:
In post 1078, implosion wrote:
In post 1076, Moros wrote: obviously they are not. but im not sure how to tell where i was wrong.
Well yes i understand this, but presumably you have reasons for each individual in the coalition for why you think that they are town, even knowing that one or more of those reasons are wrong. I'd like to know what those chief reasons are in the current state of where your head is at, without you having reread it. It doesn't have to be in depth, just like, a sentence or two on each person.
i would also lika that, moros
but unfortunaltey i don't think it means it's scum. in fact not answering might mean that it's town and that it's thoughts have moved on.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (isolation #77) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:02 pm

Post by tired person »

VOTE: implosion
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1225 (isolation #78) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:06 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1144, Moros wrote: i think Black is town, i think implosion is probably town, and i want to vote between May and tired person.
okay but can u explain this thought process at all. because earlier u were townreading me and may but not implosion?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1226 (isolation #79) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:06 pm

Post by tired person »

nvm i guess u were townreading implosion.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (isolation #80) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:09 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1160, the worst wrote: request in 1158 is still open
may's vote is goofier i think. if may and implosion are doing scum theater it's very amusing lol.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (isolation #81) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:10 pm

Post by tired person »

In post 1173, the worst wrote: i literally do not value any of my reads rn
i value ur implosion scumread.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (isolation #82) » Tue May 14, 2024 9:27 am

Post by tired person »

In post 1231, May wrote: tired person, do you really only townread me because I didn't seem to care who got coalitioned? isn't that a thin reed? you've seemed adamant
no. as i said, i was townreading you for a multitude of factors, including your overall tone feeling towny, your mindset and progression feeling natural, and also not caring about being townread and not pushing an agenda.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1288 (isolation #83) » Tue May 14, 2024 9:29 am

Post by tired person »

In post 1237, DArby wrote:
In post 1224, tired person wrote: VOTE: implosion
If you think it’s implosion/may, why not just join May?
i don't think it's implosion may. i only explained that i could see it as a possibility, whereas before i couldn't.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (isolation #84) » Tue May 14, 2024 9:29 am

Post by tired person »

In post 1287, DArby wrote: If you were limmed today, what would you want to be final points you’d want people to think of in light of your flip? How do you feel about being put on the block so to speak?
to never vote off black, experience, and tas.
to kill implosion.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (isolation #85) » Tue May 14, 2024 9:32 am

Post by tired person »

In post 1239, DArby wrote: I’m sorry but could you break down why you this tsa and exp would vote for the coalition with them outside of town if it was established that it would be a bad play for the town?
bc i don't think that experience or tsa are players who look at such things when making decisions.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (isolation #86) » Tue May 14, 2024 9:33 am

Post by tired person »

In post 1244, Black wrote: Would you be willing to vote for tp?

y even? i thought u wanted implosion?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (isolation #87) » Tue May 14, 2024 9:36 am

Post by tired person »

darby u have moros in ur scum pool but never explained why. can u explain y?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1293 (isolation #88) » Tue May 14, 2024 9:39 am

Post by tired person »

In post 1246, Black wrote: I have a new theory that involves you being scum with May, so yeah I think it's highly likely I'll just be going May here
what's the theory
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (isolation #89) » Tue May 28, 2024 7:24 am

Post by tired person »

In post 1635, seekerofjustice wrote: gg. may and moros both fooled everyone, good job.
oops
I'm tired.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”