Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Open 267- Lovers Mafia- Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:39 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

It is a quiet day in these suburbs, on the outskirts of New York City. The birds are singing, the grass is green, the sun is shining. And a corpse lies on the black tarmac road, flies buzzing around it as a foul stench arises, making those of a weaker disposition feel sick to their stomachs.

This body appears to have been stabbed multiple times, and simply left on the road to be discovered at dawn. Almost as if the criminals wanted you to find this. To terrorize you.

Before long, paranoia takes over. You don't want to call the police. You don't want doctors or any of that crap. It's time to take justice into your own hands, and an unconventional lynch mob soon forms as you meet in the local park, determined to get to the bottom of this.

However, the neighbourhood's killers have infiltrated this meeting. With both love and knowledge on their side, they will do their best to turn neighbour against neighbour, and friend against friend. And it was a plan that was going to succeed.

Still alive.

Erinyes
DavidParker
drmyshottyizsik
Empking
Hiraki
chkflip
Lateralus22

Dead

None.
Last edited by Mitsuru Kirijo on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

This setup, Lovers Mafia, has:
2 Mafia Lovers
4 Vanilla Townies.

Role PMs:

Vanilla Townie

XXXX, you are a
Vanilla Townie.
Meeting to discuss what to do about the murder that happened in the neighbourhood, you have decided to take matters into your own hands and deal with the problem yourselves. As a Vanille Townie, you have your voice, mind and vote, powerful weapons to catch the killers and bring them to bloody justice.

Win Condition: All threats to the town are eliminated.
Mafia Lover

XXXX, you are a
Mafia Lover
, the love and life of YYYY. Together, you killed the original victim and sparked this catastrophe. You cannot kill at night anymore so you must turn the town's idea of justice against them and manipulate them into lynching each other. If YYYY dies, you will kill yourself in your despair.

Win Condition: All non Mafia players are killed.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

Rules:

1. This setup is Nightless. As such, lynching is the only weapon of all players.

2. My word is final, mmk? If I say something is, then it is. However, if you think I've made a mistake, a PM works wonders. This is my first modded game, so ny con crit would be nice.

3. One contentless bah post is allowed upon death and that's it.

4. My color is
here.
Don't steal it.

5. Discussion of ongoing games isn't allowed, nor is the discusion of this game anywhere on the site while it is ongoing.

6. Paraphrasing me is fine. Directly quoting my PM isn't.

7. If you're going to be inactive for over 48 hours,post a V/LA. Otherwise I'll prod you. You then have 24 hours to respond in thread. If you do not, you will be replaced. Three strikes and you're out.

8. Bold votes and messages to contact me. If you don't, I might not see them. Unvotes are not required, but appreciated.

9. The Mafis will have a quicktopic, located here
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

All role PMs have been sent. When 4 players confirm, we'll begin.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:29 am

Post by chkflip »

/confirm
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

/confirm
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Empking »

/confirm
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Hiraki »

/confirm
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

That's 4, let's gogogogogogo

Vote: Hiraki

His avatar is from an evil organization thus must be affiliated with ze Mafia.
Mitsuru Kirijo
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Mitsuru Kirijo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Mitsuru Kirijo »

With 4 out of 6 players confirmed, Day One starts now and ends on December 13th 2010 at midnight GMT.

Voting: Hiraki: (1) Lateralus22

Not Voting:
Erinyes
drmyshottyizsik
Empking
Hiraki
chkflip
Last edited by Mitsuru Kirijo on Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:18 am

Post by chkflip »

Suspicious Lurkers Are Suspicious.

VOTE: Erinyes

Has been completely invisible in another mafia game for several days. This is especially bad for a six-player game.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Unvote;
Vote: chkflip

Oh hai, let's start talking about more in-game related things shall we? What's your general feels for lurkers, do they more often than not turn out to be scum in your experience? Will you be trying to encourage active posting or was that lurker bit just "RVS"?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:39 am

Post by chkflip »

- More often than not, they turn out to be helpful for scum.
- I do encourage active posting; the more we have, the easier the lynches.
- The lurker bit, however, was pure RVS tomfoolery.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

chkflip wrote:- More often than not, they turn out to be helpful for scum.
- I do encourage active posting; the more we have, the easier the lynches.
- The lurker bit, however, was pure RVS tomfoolery.
1. Interesting. Are you implying that he is in fact a poor townie that scum could use? If so, why not gun for scum?
2. I expect you to uphold this.
3. Hm, this is odd. The first response sounds somewhat serious in regards to your vote. Does this mean your first point was not actually related to it?
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Hiraki I can see you reading the thread ^_^
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:51 am

Post by chkflip »

@Lateral:
- Your outlook is quite intriguing. RVS is RVS, though I am implying that, if he doesn't show, he
could
be of use to them in the sense that we couldn't achieve lynch. Won't the first vote take all four townies? (Please excuse my confusion, this is my first game of this type.)
- And I you.
- It is, in fact, the way I feel and is fully related. However, I also considered the fact that this is RVS and also the very beginning of the game. I hope that Erinyes shows up. And soon.

[PE]
- Hiraki is lurking? Already? Right after we TALKED ABOUT THIS? =P
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Hiraki »

This is odd.

Preview Edit: Congrats, this thread does puzzle me.

While chkflip does seem odd, Lateralus decided to find his first post as an odd post, as in scummy.

Of course, if I was thinking correctly, chkflip shouldn't really care, which is a meh. He kind of does seem like he cares, but sometimes he doesn't.

Of course, I'm using logic now, so I basically just contradicted myself. Let's just get to questions now.
Lateralus22 wrote:
What's your general feels for lurkers, do they more often than not turn out to be scum in your experience?
Will you be trying to encourage active posting or was that lurker bit just "RVS"?
1. Lurkers aren't usually scum, most of the time, but when they are scum, not only do I rage, I get annoyed at such cheap wins.

2. I'd like to investigate this. It's not like I'd want to lynch someone off of the idea that they lied about someone lurking in a different game, but it'd be helpful, to say the least.

Preview Edit 2:

FFS It's Day 1 of Day 1. It's impossible for me to lurk. Well, plausible.

You get the point.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

chkflip wrote:- Your outlook is quite intriguing. RVS is RVS, though I am implying that, if he doesn't show, he could be of use to them in the sense that we couldn't achieve lynch. Won't the first vote take all four townies? (Please excuse my confusion, this is my first game of this type.)
What's intriguing? Moreover you still haven't answered my original question.
chkflip wrote:It is, in fact, the way I feel and is fully related. However, I also considered the fact that this is RVS and also the very beginning of the game. I hope that Erinyes shows up. And soon.
My dear, I fail to understand you. You said it was purely RVS tomfoolery but you factored in a serious element? lolwut... Can you state your position on your vote again and why he deserves your vote spot in regards to his alignment?

Have you played a completed game with Enrinye before?
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Hiraki wrote:While chkflip does seem odd, Lateralus decided to find his first post as an odd post, as in scummy.
And? I care not for useless observations, tell me what you've learned form this.
Hiraki wrote:Of course, if I was thinking correctly, chkflip shouldn't really care, which is a meh. He kind of does seem like he cares, but sometimes he doesn't.
Elaborate
Hiraki wrote:I'd like to investigate this. It's not like I'd want to lynch someone off of the idea that they lied about someone lurking in a different game, but it'd be helpful, to say the least.
Why aren't you investigating this instead of silently saying that? Why do you think he's lying about this?
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

chkflip and Hiraki, how do you feal about each other's alignments, and mine?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by chkflip »

@Lateral:
- The game erinyes has been invisible in for five days: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0&start=50
- Your outlook intrigued me because, at face value, you're asking me a question I've already answered. I'm just not properly explaining, I suppose.
-- I was implying that he's a poor townie that scum could use.
-- It's day one, there's a 1/6 chance that my RVS vote landed on mafia.
-- In other words, I'm trying to go for scum. I have no idea if Erin is either.
- [PE] I feel like you have the right goal in mind, as does Hiraki; any particular read, however, is up in the air. Our conversation has given me no tells thus far.

@Hiraki:
- Sometimes I care, sometimes I don't? What do you mean?
- I was merely trying to answer his questions of me. Why shouldn't I care about questions asked of me?
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Sounds cool to me.

Unvote:
Vote: Hiraki

His one and only post feels like coasting. Some observations here and there that he isn't taking a particularly strong stance on, moreover why the lack of vote? You've mentioned a wish to investigate something, but I hardly see you actually doing that.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

And by investigate, I mean from what you've shown the effort scum hunting spent is marginal despite making a serious post about the game.

(Last double post, really!)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Empking »

Vote: Later
- Calm down.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Empking wrote:
Vote: Later
- Calm down.
Agreed.

You're voting me when I haven't been able to explain myself. This isn't nice.
Lateralus22 wrote:And? I care not for useless observations, tell me what you've learned form this.
Considering you've found my first post scummy, at this point, it seems like you're a pretty jumpy dude. The whole thing about noticing me "lurking" helps my observations quite a bit.

Elaborate
He's switching sides a little. Of course this is only one post, and I would've liked to not elaborate on this, to be quite honest.

Why aren't you investigating this instead of silently saying that? Why do you think he's lying about this?
And if I did or he did? I made this post for a point.
Not liking, but not willing to place anything down at the moment. I need more talk talk. Especially since two people haven't confirmed yet.

Return to “Completed Open Games”