Survivor
Survivor

Open 273 -- NS's Vengeful -- Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Game Status

Game Over

Deadline

Nightless Vengeful games have no deadlines other than prodding. Post often, post much.

Current votecount

Nobody Special, post 71 wrote:
Votecount 1.05

Chaotic Neutraility - 3 - drmyshottyizsik, Hiraki, AntB

Hiraki - 1 - inBOIL

Not Voting: Chaotic Neutrality

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Less than 24 hours to prod: ...

V/LA: ...

Alive (3/5):

drmyshottyizsik
Hiraki
inBOIL

(
Bold
= confirmed; * = prodded)

Dead (2/5):

Spoiler: Here there be bodies
Chaotic Neutraliy, Vengeful Townie,
Lynched Day One
AntB, Vengeful Townie,
Vengekilled Day One
Last edited by Nobody Special on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:16 am, edited 13 times in total.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:29 am

Post by Nobody Special »

General Rules

1) This is a game. HAVE FUN.
2) I, as Your Moderator, have final say in everything. If I make a mistake, please send me a PM to discuss it. Votecount errors can be pointed out in the thread.
3) Anything in the thread that should draw my attention should be bolded, thus:
@Mod, blah blah blah.
***Note that any text directed at the Mod counts toward your 160-character limit.*** Plan wisely.

4) You may not talk about this game outside of this thread; exceptions are only when your Role PM allows it.
5)
Bolded Blue
is my color. Do not use it, under penalty of Impersonating The Mod (which is modkillable; don't make me do it).
6) Posting in other colors is allowed, and in fact encouraged. I like colorful games.
7) Do not quote your Role PM or any other PM from Me. Likewise, do not quote from any outside communication.
8) Do not post in invisible text or tiny text. If I have to "Quote" your post to be able to read what you made small, I will Not Be Happy.
9) I will post votecounts no more often than once per page, or once per real-life day, whichever is less. If there's been a burst of activity, and I've not posted a votecount, feel free to send me a PM.
10) If you somehow have the ability to edit your post, do not. I will modkill you. Dead. Worse than Dead. Your faction will suffer. I am Evil when crossed. Be warned.
10a) Flavor is flavor. Parts is parts. Nothing in the flavor reflects Actual Game Mechanics. You are free to ignore the flavor (except, of course, that you'll hurt my feelings; I expect to spend a good deal of time creating flavor, and I think you should at least read it. However, it has no bearing on the game. At all.)
11) I will allow hydra accounts into the game; however, I must know who the heads are. PM me.

Player Activity

12) I do not (always) automagically prod players. If you would like a prod sent, ask in-thread. Prods will be sent, on request of at least two living players, after 48 hours of inactivity. Weekends (Saturday & Sunday) are counted as 24 hours.
13) If you are prodded: You must respond in-thread within 36 hours or you will be replaced. If you require a second prod, you will only have 24 hours to respond before a replacement is searched for. If you require a third prod, you are subject to replacement.
14) If you are one of those annoying players that INSISTS ON USING CAPSLOCK, you have automatically lost a brownie point. No, I'm not telling you what will happen, as it completely depends on my mood and exactly how annoying you are. (There will be no modkills strictly for using capslock. But don't push it.)
15)
Votes
MUST be
bolded
and MUST be at the beginning of the line that they are on (flush left, if that makes it clearer).
16) Notwithstanding Rule #14, if I think it's a Vote, it's a Vote. Be very clear of your intentions.

Deadlines and actions and such

17) Days will have a two week deadline; extensions will rarely be granted, and then only in extenuating circumstances.
18) If activity severely lags, I may or may not institute a shorter Day deadline. You will have at least 72 hours notice should this happen.
19) Night deadlines will be at least 48 hours. Do not ask for a shorter (or longer) night phase.

Death and other matters

20) No-lynch requires a simple majority.
21) If the required number of votes is not reached by deadline, there will be NO LYNCH.
22) Lynching requires a true majority of votes from the living players. Every votecount will have the number alive and the number required to lynch.
23) Once a lynch has been reached and it is Twilight, everyone may talk until I post the death scene and lock the thread.
24) If you are night-killed, you are allowed one "Bah!"-type post. No game-relevant content allowed.

Miscellaneous

25) I reserve the right to modify these rules if necessary. Any rule changes during the course of the game will be clearly announced in the thread.
26) Do not tempt The Mod. Do not annoy The Mod. Do not get The Mod wet, nor feed The Mod after midnight.
27) Do not admit to not having read The Rules. I get very, very upset about this. The rules are here for a reason. Read them, follow them, know them.
28) Remember to have fun. After all, that's why we're here, isn't it?

Special Vengeful Machanics

1. This game is Nightless. The Mafia have no nightkill inherent to their faction, they may only kill by lynches.
2. Townies lynched on Day 1 may send a Vengekill on a player by posting: Vengekill: TARGET
3. Town wins if the Godfather is lynched D1. This does not work if the Godfather is vengekilled.
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:31 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Role PMs have been sent. Please wait patiently until all five players have Confirmed via PM.

Thank you.
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Day One has begun.
....what?

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Hiraki »

Vote: Chaotic Neutrality

Your username makes an ironic pun. Therefore, I will just vote you. Sound cool?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:54 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Vote AntB

end of story
#freeShotty
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:02 pm

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

Hiraki wrote:
Vote: Chaotic Neutrality

Your username makes an ironic pun. Therefore, I will just vote you. Sound cool?
Actually it's based off this and this.

VOTE: drmyshottyizsik. You don't know why.
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
inBOIL
inBOIL
Townie
inBOIL
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by inBOIL »

Vote Hiraki
. I couldn't think of a good enough joke to accompany my vote, so this is going to have to do.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:42 pm

unvote
vote CN

Get my OMGUS out of the way
#freeShotty
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:35 pm

There are only 5 people. Someone take a vote off me before someone hammers...
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:46 pm

Post by Hiraki »

If someone hammers, you shoot someone.

Something tells me you didn't think of that though.

Hmm.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:51 pm

There's absolutely no reason to end the day this early. We don't have nearly enough information to make an informed lynch tomorrow, especially if I shoot the guy who hammers me.
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:57 am

Post by Hiraki »

Chaotic Neutrality wrote:There's absolutely no reason to end the day this early. We don't have nearly enough information to make an informed lynch tomorrow, especially if I shoot the guy who hammers me.
That's true. For a moment, I thought I was voting someone else so that's why I didn't unvote. Dunno how I forgot, tbqh.

Unvote

So. I'll need to reassess this thread later. There's not much, but there isn't much to say anyway.
inBOIL
inBOIL
Townie
inBOIL
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:05 am

Post by inBOIL »

Hiraki wrote:That's true. For a moment, I thought I was voting someone else so that's why I didn't unvote. Dunno how I forgot, tbqh.
This doesn't make sense. From reading this post I would think that you wouldn't have unvoted even if you had realised that you were voting for Chaotic. You appear to say that an early lynch is justified because he could shoot someone. You are now agreeing that it is a bit soon for L-1. Why the change?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:45 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.01

Chaotic Neutraility - 1 - drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik - 1 - Chaotic Neutrality
Hiraki - 1 - inBOIL

Not Voting: AntB, Hiraki

....what?

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Hiraki »

inBOIL wrote:
Hiraki wrote:That's true. For a moment, I thought I was voting someone else so that's why I didn't unvote. Dunno how I forgot, tbqh.
This doesn't make sense. From reading this post I would think that you wouldn't have unvoted even if you had realised that you were voting for Chaotic. You appear to say that an early lynch is justified because he could shoot someone. You are now agreeing that it is a bit soon for L-1. Why the change?
Not really.

Just because you can shoot early, doesn't mean you should have to shoot early. More talking can help tomorrow, and today. I had never thought of it that way, and therefore, I like that idea better. Plus, I'm not 100% sure in CN scum, it just seems like the most probable at the moment. Let it also be known, like you have said, that this is the first page. There is no way that someone can make a good shoot/lynch based off of that. Thus is why I unvoted.

Hope that clears it up a little.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:34 am

Except up until the moment I clearly laid it out for everyone to see, it appeared as if you were suggesting I was scum for trying to prevent a quick hammer, which IMO is pretty damn scummy. You also "forgot" you were voting me. I don't buy it.

inBOIL is town, and Hiraki is scum. That much I have figured out.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:59 am

UNVOTE:

One more thing. AntB is the godfather.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:38 am

Chaotic Neutrality wrote:There are only 5 people. Someone take a vote off me before someone hammers...
Sounds like a worried God Father!
#freeShotty
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Hiraki »

Chaotic Neutrality wrote:Except up until the moment I clearly laid it out for everyone to see, it appeared as if you were suggesting I was scum for trying to prevent a quick hammer, which IMO is pretty damn scummy. You also "forgot" you were voting me. I don't buy it.

inBOIL is town, and Hiraki is scum. That much I have figured out.
I'm sorry I forgot who I voted in RVS? I mean, really? Do you honestly think I had the intent to lynch you, based on that single post? That's not enough stuff to lynch a person. Hell, it's all based on what I think of the tone of your thoughts.

However, I do enjoy that instead of defending yourself, you did accuse me. Quite joyful.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:
Chaotic Neutrality wrote:There are only 5 people. Someone take a vote off me before someone hammers...
So, your vote is now, non-RVS, I take it?
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:54 pm

Yes it is non-rvs
#freeShotty
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:58 pm

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
I know that towns fail all the time, but I trust fellow townsmates (excluding you) know not to hammer anyone this early, and that holds true regardless of my alignment. If I were scum I really wouldn't have a reason to be worried because there would be nobody with the motive to hammer.
Hiraki wrote:I do enjoy that instead of defending yourself, you did accuse me. Quite joyful.
I understand you've found me scummy since my second post, but as to why, you haven't made that part clear. There is nothing you've said up to this point that I've felt the need to defend myself against, and even so, any argument you could make against me wouldn't hold any water, nor is it really a priority of mine to defend myself in the first place. It's much easier and simpler if I circumvent a petty argument and focus on scumhunting. At the moment you're the only one besides Shotty who's done anything remotely scummy.

Just to be clear about post 17, I was being sarcastic. My other reads are solid. In addition, Shotty has pinged my scumdar.

I have recently come down with a fever, and the only prescription they gave me was more activity. *cough* AntB *cough*.
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:21 am

Post by AntB »

Sorry about that, didn't have this in my bookmarks...

Anyhoo
CN: Stop crapping yourself... and lol.
Hiraki: Is making sense
sickshotty: reading too much into it
inBoil: get an avatar and get a joke.
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.02

Chaotic Neutraility - 1 - drmyshottyizsik
Hiraki - 1 - inBOIL

Not Voting: AntB, Hiraki, Chaotic Neutrality

....what?

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Hiraki »

AntB wrote:Sorry about that, didn't have this in my bookmarks...

Anyhoo
CN: Stop crapping yourself... and lol.
Hiraki: Is making sense
sickshotty: reading too much into it
inBoil: get an avatar and get a joke.
This is all you have to say?

=|
CN wrote:I understand you've found me scummy since my second post, but as to why, you haven't made that part clear. There is nothing you've said up to this point that I've felt the need to defend myself against, and even so, any argument you could make against me wouldn't hold any water, nor is it really a priority of mine to defend myself in the first place. It's much easier and simpler if I circumvent a petty argument and focus on scumhunting. At the moment you're the only one besides Shotty who's done anything remotely scummy.

Just to be clear about post 17, I was being sarcastic. My other reads are solid. In addition, Shotty has pinged my scumdar.

I have recently come down with a fever, and the only prescription they gave me was more activity. *cough* AntB *cough*.
True, but I thought it was pretty clear.

First, let me get this out of the way. If you think I'm scum, is it only the misunderstanding that you call BS, that you believe I am scum? If so, that is not reasonably enough for me to die with a happy face. It would make me very displeased if the congregation here lynched me based on the belief of what I said was a contradiction of reads, because I was not going with the "town". Thankfully, it just seems that inBOIL and CN are the only one thinking this. This makes me happy.

Second off, you suspect me of being scummy for something that is more pro-town than anything. Let's say I kept my vote on. Scum could've easily hammered. While you may have shot the scum that hammered, it doesn't really matter. By unvoting, I made this plausible that we could get more information out. You suspecting me for unvoting and "changing" my view of the situation is making me annoyed. There is no huge change that I'm making. Ending D1 on Page 1 is illogical, especially when one of the votes, at least so I assume at that time, is an RVS vote.

Third.

"Except up until the moment I clearly laid it out for everyone to see, it appeared as if you were suggesting I was scum for trying to prevent a quick hammer, which IMO is pretty damn scummy. You also "forgot" you were voting me. I don't buy it."

So suspecting something something is scummy now? While you may not believe my accusation, let's take a peek at this. You're saying I'm scum for suspecting you of scum due to a statement, so apparently I'm scum now.

wat

DR's vote is meh. But I can see his concern, obv.

I'm good to put this vote back, btw. AntB isn't talking, and I expect something in defense from inBOIL. DR doesn't like to talk much, so idunnolol.

Vote: CN

Return to “Completed Open Games”