Open 293 - Donner Party Mafia, Take Two (Game Over)

Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Open 293 - Donner Party Mafia, Take Two (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Magua »

The journal of Patrick Breen wrote:
February 17th
The mystery of Milt Elliott's disappearance from four nights ago has been solved; Reed and McCutchen found his body hastily buried in the Murphy cabin.

February 18th
We constructed a gallows by the lake. Levinah Murphy swung today at noon. We all pray that this is the end of the killings.

February 19th
We are undone; not one, but two disappearances last night: Elizabeth Graves and Solomon Hook. Madness is spreading through the camp as fast as the hunger, and even now I can hear the calls to take someone else to the noose.
Welcome to...
Donner Party Mafia
(Take Two)

Mod:
Magua
Backup Mod:
Andrius

Spoiler: Still stuck in the Sierra Nevada
1. Twistedspoon

3. chesskid3
(replaces mockingjaye)

11. MagnaofIllusion

12. TheJakalope
(replaces Friend*)

(Bolded means confirmed, * means prodded)

Spoiler: No longer hungry (because they're dead)
8. lane0168
-
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched Day 1
2. Xalxe
(replaces pappums rat who replaced Escho)
-
Dietician
- Killed Night 1 (Revealed Day 2)
9. singersigner
-
Cannibal Serial Killer
- Lynched Day 2
6. tclawren
-
Missing
- Killed Night 2
4. animorpherv1
(replaces Romanus* who replaced drmyshottyizsik)
-
Vanilla Townie
- Lynched Day 3
5. andrew94
-
Missing
- Killed Night 3
7. DeathRowKitty
-
Roleblocker
- Killed Night 3 (Revealed Day 4)
10. DemonHybrid
-
Cannibal Mafia Goon
- Lynched Day 4

Events

End of Day 1 / Start of Day 2
End of Day 2 / Start of Day 3
End of Day 3 / Start of Day 4
Game Over

The Rules

- The Inviolable Rules
1. The site-wide rules apply. Read them, know them, love them, but do not break them.
2. Play to win.
3. Do not edit or delete your posts in this thread. If there is a problem with a post, such as incorrect formatting, ask me to fix it for you.
4. Do not quote communications outside the game thread, including role PMs, quicktopics, etc, in the game thread. This specifically includes PM timestamps. Paraphrasing is allowed. If in doubt, ask.
5. Do not use cryptography, invisible text, tiny text, or the like.
6. Do not use any form of provable randomness. Claiming you rolled dice and acting on that is fine. Using dice tags is not.
7. Do not impersonate or pretend to be the moderator.
If I edit a post, my words will be in purple
. Do not use this color.
8. Unless the moderator has specifically told you it is allowed, do not talk about this game outside of this game thread until it is completed.
9. Do not bring outside factors into this game. This includes, among other things, making bets, promises of real life rewards, etc.
10. Pretending to break a rule will be treated the same as breaking the rule.
11. We're all here to have fun. Tempers may flare, but avoid personal attacks and keep it civil.
12. Breaking one of these rules may, at my discretion, result in a modkill. If you are modkilled, you will become a Neutral Survivor, and thus automatically lose. Modkilling may or may not end the game day.
13. I reserve the right to change the rules. Rule changes will be posted in thread.

- The Activity Rules
14. If a player goes 72 real life hours without posting, they may be prodded at my discretion, or upon being asked by another player. Prods will be announced in thread.
15. If a player does not respond to their prod within 24 real life hours, is prodded twice in the same game-day, or three times in total within the game, they may be force-replaced at my discretion.
16. If you will be V/LA, please alert me in the thread or via PM.
17. Each game day will have a deadline of fourteen real life days.
In the event deadline is reached before a lynch has occurred, the player with the most votes will be lynched.
If more than one player is tied for most votes, the one who had their final vote placed first will be lynched. In the event that absolutely no votes were cast at all for anyone, random.org will determine a single person to die.
19. Each night will have a deadline of three real life days.
If a player has a night action, but does not submit a choice before deadline, they will perform no action.

21. I may extend deadlines in the event replacements must be found, at my discretion. This will be announced in thread

- The Voting Rules
22. Votes must be bolded to count, and in the format of VOTE: Magua. Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious to me who is being voted for.
23. Unvoting is nice, but is not necessary.
24. Once a majority of votes is reached (# of players / 2 + 1, rounded down), that person is lynched and is dead.
If you are dead, that is it. Do not post. Not even a "Bah" post.
If you were lynched, do not post in the time between the hammer vote and the end of the day.

- Setup Specific Rules
You may not vote for no lynch.

Cannibal:
All night-killers in this game are Cannibals. The effect of this is to hide the role/alignment of their targets from the town, as so:
Cannibal Mechanics wrote: a. When a Cannibal night-kills someone, they take the body and put it in their larder, resulting in no role/alignment reveal to the town for that kill. The Cannibal who performed the kill learns the role/alignment reveal via their result PM.
b. If a Cannibal night-kills another Cannibal, they take all of the bodies their target had, learning all the role/alignment information their target knew. This will include their target's night-kill target from that same night, if applicable.
c. If more than one Cannibal night-kills the same target, they will all learn the target's role/alignment information. They will not learn that their target was killed multiple times.
d. If two Cannibals night-kill eachother, and are not in turn night-killed by yet another Cannibal, their role/alignment information, and that of all the bodies they possessed, is revealed to the town.
28. The Cannibal mechanic has no effect on lynches. The role/alignment of the lynchee is always revealed to the town. If a Cannibal is lynched, the role/alignment information of all their bodies is also revealed.
29. This is an Open Setup. The amount of each role, and the role PMs, are all described in the next post. There are no hidden mechanics or roles. If there are any questions about how the mechanics work, I will answer them.
Last edited by Magua on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:05 am, edited 33 times in total.
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Magua »

The setup and role PMs are:

6 Vanilla Townies

Spoiler: Vanilla Townie Role PM
The journey to California was tough enough before becoming snowbound in the Sierra Nevada. Now, unsavory denizens within your camp have taken to satiating their hunger on their fellow travellers. You're just hoping to see spring, but to do that, you'll have to put a stop to those who prey on you during the night by rooting them out and stringing them up during the day.

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Your weapons are your vote and your voice.

You win with the
Town
: You win when the Cannibal Serial Killer and both Cannibal Mafia Goons are dead,
and
there is at least one player alive.

Please confirm in the thread here. Good luck.

1 Cannibal Vigilante

Spoiler: Cannibal Vigilante Role PM
The journey to California was tough enough before becoming snowbound in the Sierra Nevada. Now, unsavory denizens within your camp have taken to satiating their hunger on their fellow travellers. In order to help those around you live to see spring, you've decided to fight fire with fire. Let's see how they like being hunted in turn...

You are a
Cannibal Vigilante

Night-kill:
Each night, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to kill. You will receive back either a PM indicating that the target did not die, or a PM containing their role/alignment information, and if they were a Cannibal, the role/alignment of all bodies they possessed when you killed them.

Cannibal:
You are a Cannibal, as described in the rules in the game thread. The role/alignment of your night-kill targets is not shared with the town. You will also show up as "Cannibal" to the Dietician.

You win with the
Town
: You win when the Cannibal Serial Killer and both Cannibal Mafia Goons are dead,
and

1 Dietician
(a renamed Gunsmith)
Spoiler: Dietician Role PM
The journey to California was tough enough before becoming snowbound in the Sierra Nevada. Now, unsavory denizens within your camp have taken to satiating their hunger on their fellow travellers. Luckily, your extensive medical knowledge can tell you if someone has started to partake of the flesh of the most dangerous game...

You are a
Dietician
(Gunsmith).

Investigation:
Each night, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to investigate. You will receive a PM with one of three results:
a. "Cannibal": Your target is either a Cannibal Serial Killer, Cannibal Mafia Goon, or Cannibal Vigilante.
b. "Not Cannibal": Your target is either a Vanilla Townie, Dietician, or Roleblocker.
c. "No Result": You were roleblocked or you did not submit a target.
Your investigations are 100% truthful.

You win with the
Town
and

1 Roleblocker

Spoiler: Roleblocker Role PM
The journey to California was tough enough before becoming snowbound in the Sierra Nevada. Now, unsavory denizens within your camp have taken to satiating their hunger on their fellow travellers. As the expedition leader, you have the power to ensure that someone sticks to their quarters at night and doesn't cause mischief.

You are a
Roleblocker

Roleblock:
Each night, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to roleblock. The roleblock will have these effects on these targets:
a. Cannibal Serial Killer: No effect the first night you target them. Will stop the kill on subsequent nights you target them.
b. Cannibal Mafia Goon: Will stop the kill if you target the one performing the kill. Will have no effect if you target one not performing the kill.
c. Cannibal Vigilante: Will stop the kill.
d. Dietician: Will receive "No Result" on their investigation.
e. Vanilla Townie: No effect.
You will receive back a PM that says "Action received."

You win with the
Town
and

1 Cannibal Serial Killer

Spoiler: Cannibal Serial Killer Role PM
The journey to California was tough enough before becoming snowbound in the Sierra Nevada. Now, with food supplies minimal and starvation imminent, your mind has snapped. None of them deserve to make it to the spring, and you'll make sure none of them do...

You are a
Cannibal Serial Killer

Night-kill:
Each night, you may PM me the name of a player you wish to kill. You will receive back either a PM indicating that the target did not die, or a PM containing their role/alignment information, and if they were a Cannibal, the role/alignment of all bodies they possessed when you killed them.

Cannibal:
You are a Cannibal, as described in the rules in the game thread. The role/alignment of your night-kill targets is not shared with the town. You will also show up as "Cannibal" to the Dietician.

One-shot Night-kill Immunity:
The first night you are targetted for a night-kill (even if you're targetted more than once), you will not die. You are not notified that this has occurred.

One-shot Roleblocker Immunity:
The first night you are targetted by the Roleblocker, the roleblock on you will fail. You are not notified that this has occurred.

You win as a
Serial Killer
: You win when you make up half or more of the remaining players,
or
all players are dead.

2 Cannibal Mafia Goons

Spoiler: Cannibal Mafia Goon Role PM
The journey to California was tough enough before becoming snowbound in the Sierra Nevada. However, in every travail there is opportunity -- with food supplies minimal and starvation imminent, you and your partner have decided that it is time to strike and sieze control of the resources of the party for yourselves.

You are a
Cannibal Mafia Goon
, along with your partner YYY.

Factional Night-kill:
Each night, one member of the Mafia may PM me the name of a player you wish to kill. The Cannibal Mafia Goon who submitted the kill will receive back either a PM indicating that the target did not die, or a PM containing their role/alignment information, and if they were a Cannibal, the role/alignment of all bodies they possessed when they were killed.

In the event that there is a disagreement over who is submitting the kill, random.org will be used to determine the submitter.

Cannibal:

Daytalk:
You may talk with your partner, YYY, in the Quicktopic here at any time during the game.

You win with the
Mafia
: You win when the Cannibal Serial Killer is dead, there is at least one Cannibal Mafia Goon alive,
and
the Mafia make up half or more of the remaining players.

All role PMs are now sent out. Day 1 will start when there are 10 of 12 confirmations.
Last edited by Magua on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twistedspoon
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Twistedspoon
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Twistedspoon »

/confirm
1 Thessalonians 5:21: Test everything, but hold fast onto what is good

"Murder is no better than cards if cards can do the trick"
~Screwtape
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:48 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

/confirm
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:02 am

Post by tclawren »

/confirm
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:02 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

/confirm
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:31 am

Post by lane0168 »

/confirm!!!
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:12 am

Post by andrew94 »

/confirm
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
mockingjaye
mockingjaye
Goon
mockingjaye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:17 am

Post by mockingjaye »

/confirm
may the odds be ever in your favor...
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:12 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

/comfirn that I do not know how to spell 'confirm'
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:34 am

Post by singersigner »

/confirmz
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:47 am

Post by Friend »

/confirm
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:54 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

And that's 10

Vote: other mermaid (singer)

I have a good feeling about this vote.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Friend »

VOTE: lane01168

Too excited.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Vote: DeathRowKitty
for that awful Tit for Tat beatdown. -_-
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

/confirm
Vote DH he is the SK

Any way no more posts from me today, I'm off to mod my newbie and then I'm going out.
#freeShotty
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by Magua »

Vote Count 1.1

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

singersigner (1): DeathRowKitty

lane0168 (1): Friend
DeathRowKitty (1): DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid (1): drmyshottyizsik

Not voting (8): Twistedspoon, Escho, mockingjaye, andrew94, tclawren, lane0168, singersigner, MagnaofIllusion

Deadline is March 30th, 2011, at 7:24pm EST (site time). A countdown to the deadline is here.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

mod
Escho got banned.... just fyi
#freeShotty
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Magua »

Was not aware. Looking for a replacement now.
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by tclawren »

VOTE: Escho

For getting banned and making our mod find a replacement. :evil:
Looking for a hydra partner. Must be someone I respect as a player and a person. PM me if you're interested.
Friend
Friend
Mafia Scum
Friend
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Friend »

Tclaw, is this your first game?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

@tcl
Do you think it's useful to vote someone who can't react or defend himself?
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Oops...forgot to comment on everything else:
DemonHybrid wrote:
Vote: DeathRowKitty
for that awful Tit for Tat beatdown. -_-
<3
drmyshottyizsik wrote:/confirm
Vote DH he is the SK

Any way no more posts from me today, I'm off to mod my newbie and then I'm going out.
Not gonna get a response until tomorrow on this, but why did you find it necessary to tell us you wouldn't be around today? Did you expect a lot to happen in the first RL day of the game that you wouldn't be around for?
tclawren
tclawren
Goon
tclawren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by tclawren »

No, this isn't my first game (I have two other ones ongoing, many others in RL) and no, I don't think that my vote was really all that helpful. But honestly It was more of a joke than anything else.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Post by DeathRowKitty »

If you know your vote wasn't useful, why not change it?

Return to “Completed Open Games”