Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Open 295 -- Island Paradise Mafia -- Game Over

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Welcome. You've been working very hard. Very, very hard. You deserve a vacation, yes you do. So, in a moment of pure bravery, you book a full month at a posh, secluded Island Resort. Arriving on the boat, you look forward to a very pleasant escape from reality.

Sadly, it is not to be. Dead bodies keep turning up. The management informs you that a severe storm has grounded all boat traffic in and out of the harbor, so, your only option is to find the murderers yourselves. Who could they be.......?

Moderator: Nobody Special

Backup Moderator: Vi

Player List: (Bolded when confirmed)

Alive (2/12)

izakthegoomba
DeathRowKitty**

havingfitz

Dead (10/12)
Spoiler: Dead

andrew94, Mafia Member,
drowned Night Zero
Romanus, Town Vigilante,
drowned Night Zero
TheJakalope*
startransmission**
, Vanilla Townie,
lynched Day One
ChannelDelibird
cjdrum***
, Vanilla Townie,
lynched Day Two
Magua
ZeroFang* bv310** animorpherv1*
, Town Doctor,
drowned Night Two
Sundy, Mafia Member,
lynched Day Three
farside22, Vanilla Townie,
drowned Night Three
ToastyToast, Vanilla Townie,
lynched Day Four
}|{opa, Vanilla Townie,
drowned Night Four
Midnight's Sorrow
Quilford yabbaguy*
, Mafia Member,
lynched Day Five

* = Prodded

Last edited by Nobody Special on Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:04 am, edited 72 times in total.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:32 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

General Rules

1) This is a game. HAVE FUN.
2) I, as Your Moderator, have final say in everything. If I make a mistake, please send me a PM to discuss it. Votecount errors can be pointed out in the thread.
3) Anything in the thread that should draw my attention should be bolded, thus:
@Mod, blah blah blah.

4) You may not talk about this game outside of this thread; exceptions are only when your Role PM allows it.
5)
Bolded Blue
is my color. Do not use it, under penalty of Impersonating The Mod (which is modkillable; don't make me do it).
6) Posting in other colors is allowed, and in fact encouraged. I like colorful games.
7) Do not quote your Role PM or any other PM from Me. Likewise, do not quote from any outside communication.
8) Do not post in invisible text or tiny text. If I have to "Quote" your post to be able to read what you made small, I will Not Be Happy.
9) I will post votecounts no more often than once per page, or once per real-life day, whichever is less. If there's been a burst of activity, and I've not posted a votecount, feel free to send me a PM.
10) If you somehow have the ability to edit your post, do not. I will modkill you. Dead. Worse than Dead. Your faction will suffer. I am Evil when crossed. Be warned.
10a) Flavor is flavor. Parts is parts. Nothing in the flavor reflects Actual Game Mechanics. You are free to ignore the flavor (except, of course, that you'll hurt my feelings; I expect to spend a good deal of time creating flavor, and I think you should at least read it. However, it has no bearing on the game. At all.)

Player Activity

11) I do not (always) automagically prod players. If you would like a prod sent, ask in-thread. Prods will not, however, be sent until a player has not posted for over 72 hours.
12) If you are prodded: You must respond in-thread within 36 hours or you will be replaced. If you require a second prod, you will only have 24 hours to respond before a replacement is searched for. If you require a third prod, you are subject to replacement.
13) If you are one of those annoying players that INSISTS ON USING CAPSLOCK, you have automatically lost a brownie point. No, I'm not telling you what will happen, as it completely depends on my mood and exactly how annoying you are. (There will be no modkills strictly for using capslock. But don't push it.)
14)
Votes
MUST be
bolded
and MUST be at the beginning of the line that they are on (flush left, if that makes it clearer).
15) Notwithstanding Rule #14, if I think it's a Vote, it's a Vote. Be very clear of your intentions.

Deadlines and actions and such

16) Days will have a three week deadline; extensions will rarely be granted, and then only in extenuating circumstances.
17) If activity severely lags, I may or may not institute a shorter Day deadline. You will have at least 72 hours notice should this happen.
18) Night deadlines will be at least 72 hours. Do not ask for a shorter night phase.

Death and other matters

19) No-lynch requires a simple majority.
20) If the required number of votes is not reached by deadline, there will be NO LYNCH.
21) Lynching requires a true majority of votes from the living players. Every votecount will have the number alive and the number required to lynch.
22) Once a lynch has been reached and it is Twilight, everyone may talk until I post the death scene and lock the thread
23) If you are night-killed, you are allowed one "Bah!"-type post. No game-relevant content allowed.

Miscellaneous

24) I reserve the right to modify these rules if necessary. Any rule changes during the course of the game will be clearly announced in the thread.
25) Do not tempt The Mod. Do not annoy The Mod. Do not get The Mod wet, nor feed The Mod after midnight.
26) Do not admit to not having read The Rules. I get very, very upset about this. The rules are here for a reason. Read them, follow them, know them.
27)
Remember to have fun. After all, that's why we're here, isn't it?
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

List of Potential Roles

This is copied directly from the Wiki article; I've included it here to save you searching for it.

Spoiler: This is so long...
The moderator randomly chooses 7 numbers from 1-100, repeating permitted. Then, each number is turned into a letter as follows:

* 1-50 = T (Townie. This actually directly influences scum powerroles.)
* 51-65 = C (Cop)
* 66-75 = D (Doctor)
* 76-85 = V (Vigilante)
* 86-95 = M (Mason)
* 96-100 = B (Blocker)

The mod then notes how many of each letter is generated.
Setup Determination

Powerroles are inserted into the setup depending on how many of each letter are generated. For example, when looking at the "C" list, look at how many Cs you received. If you get no Cs, do not add any roles from the C list (exception: "T" list has a set of roles to be added if 0 Ts are generated). If you get three Cs, look at where it says CCC and add the corresponding powerroles into the game. In this case, add 1 Sane Cop and 1 Insane Cop to the Town.
Cop Roles

C = Sane Cop + 1-3 Millers (See end of article for more on Millers). (NOTE: This was originally a fixed 3 millers, but both iamausername and yabbaguy felt it better to make the number of Millers random.)

CC = Sane Cop

CCC = Sane Cop + Insane Cop

CCCC = 2 Sane Cops

CCCCC = 2 Sane Cops + Insane Cop

CCCCCC = 3 Sane Cops

Cops are not informed of sanity, nor are their sanities revealed upon death.
Doctor Roles

D = Doctor

DD = Doctor + Backup Doctor

DDD = 2 Doctors

DDDD = 2 Doctors + Backup Doctor

DDDDD = 3 Doctors
Vigilante Roles

V = Vigilante

VV = Vigilante + 1-Shot Vigilante

VVV = 2 Vigilantes

VVVV = 2 Vigilantes + 1-Shot Vigilante

VVVVV = 3 Vigilantes
Mason Roles

M = Innocent Child

MM = 2 Masons

MMM = 2 Masons + Innocent Child

MMMM = 3 Masons

MMMMM = 2 Masons + 2 Masons
Blocker Roles

B = Roleblocker

BB = Roleblocker + Backup Roleblocker

BBB = 2 Roleblockers

BBBB = 2 Roleblockers + Backup Roleblocker
Scum Roles

TTTTTTT = Goon + Godfather

TTTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Doc Bypass, Block Bypass)

TTTTT = 2 Goons + Godfather

TTTT = 2 Goons + Godfather, Serial Killer (Doc Bypass, Block Bypass, Kill Immune)

TTT = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather

TT = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Doc Bypass, Block Bypass, Kill Immune, Investigation Immune)

T = Spy + Roleblocker + Godfather

0 Ts = Spy + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Doc Bypass, Block Bypass, Kill Immune, Investigation Immune, Spy Immune, Roleblocking)

Serial Killer abilities:

* Doc Bypass- every single kill bypasses one Doctor protect

* Block Bypass- immune from one Roleblock attempt every Night.

* Kill Immune- immune from one Kill attempt every Night.

* Investigation Immune- appears to Cops as Town. (NOTE: It's currently subjective whether this should be both sanities, or whether an Insane Cop will see SK as Guilty.)

* Spy Immune- appears to Spy as desired. SK is notified if Spy targets them.

* Roleblocking- Has a one-shot Roleblock ability

Mafia Spy picks one player and receives what type they are in terms of one of the letters used to generate the setup (T for Vanilla Townie, C for a role generated from the Cop list, etc). Remember that a Spy can never accurately investigate a Serial Killer.

Mafia and SK abilities are not revealed on death. They merely flip "Mafia" and "Serial Killer"
Other Information

Add a number of Vanilla Townies so that the game contains 12 players.

If the setup generated instructs you to add Millers, generate how many Millers are in the game at random, then distribute them randomly among the roles that are eligible to receive them. Miller effect is added on to their role, so a Miller Backup Roleblocker is possible, for example. Whether Millers are aware they are Millers or naive to the fact is currently subjective. Millerhood is not revealed upon death.

Mafia, SK, Innocent Child, and Cops are not eligible to be Millers.

No roles can target themselves.

Kills are indistinguishable.

If everyone dies, Serial Killer wins. If no SK exists, game is drawn.
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

List of possible Role PMs, alphabetically:

Innocent Child wrote:
Welcome to MS Island Paradise,
playername!
You've been chosen to appear here by virtue of your hardworking attitude and desire to get away from it all. Yes, you've been selected to be a part of an exciting vacation to this beautiful tropical island paradise. After all, everyone needs a little vacation every now and then, right?

You are an . You will be confirmed as a Townie in-thread at the beginning of the game. You have no abilities, other than your voice and your vote. And hopefully, you have very fast, very strong legs for outrunning the bulls. You win when all threats to the town are gone, or nothing can prevent that.

Please confirm by PM, stating your rolename and your favorite song.

Mafia Godfather wrote:
playername!
You've been chosen to appear here by virtue of your hardworking attitude and desire to get away from it all. Yes, you've been selected to be a part of an exciting vacation to this beautiful tropical island paradise. After all, everyone needs a little vacation every now and then, right?

You are the . Your family includes *****, Mafia *****; *****, Mafia *****; and *****, Mafia *****. Each night you may send me a PM with the name of a player that you wish to kill. You win when only Mafiosi are alive, or it is impossible to prevent the same.

You may talk with your partners at Night here.

Mafia Goon wrote:
playername!

You are a . Your family includes *****, Mafia *****; *****, Mafia *****; and *****, Mafia *****. Each night you may send me a PM with the name of a player that you wish to kill. You win when only Mafiosi are alive, or it is impossible to prevent the same.

Mafia Roleblocker wrote:
playername!

You are a . Your family includes *****, Mafia *****; *****, Mafia *****; and *****, Mafia *****. Each night, you may send me a PM with the name of a player that you wish to Roleblock. You win when only Mafiosi are alive, or it is impossible to prevent the same.

Mafia Spy AKA Mafia Role Cop wrote:
playername!

You are a . Your family includes *****, Mafia *****; *****, Mafia *****; and *****, Mafia *****. Each night you may send me a PM with the name of a player that you would like to investigate. You may not, obviously, investigate yourself. Your results will be in the form of Type of Role (Cop, Doctor, etc.). You win when only Mafiosi are alive, or it is impossible to prevent the same.

Mason wrote:
playername!

You are a . Your partner is ***** and guaranteed to be Town. You win when all threats to the town are gone, or nothing can prevent that.

You may talk with your partner at Night here.

Serial Killer wrote:
playername!

You are a . Each night, you may send me a PM with the name of a player that you wish to kill. You win when you are the only player still alive.

You also have all of the abilities checked below:

[ ] each kill bypasses single doc protect (but not more)
[ ] bypasses single roleblock attempt each night (but not more)
[ ] survives one kill attempt each night (but not more)
[ ] appears to cops as a townie (Added: Both sanities)
[ ] appears to mafia spy as desired
[ ] one-shot roleblock ability

Town Backup Doctor wrote:
playername!

You are a
Backup Doctor
(AKA Nurse). You do not have any abilities until a Doctor dies, at which time you will become a Doctor yourself. You may never protect yourself. You win when all threats to the town are gone, or nothing can prevent that.

Town Backup Roleblocker wrote:
playername!

You are a
Town Backup Roleblocker
). You do not have any abilities until a Town Roleblocker dies, at which time you will become a Roleblocker yourself. You win when all threats to the town are gone, or nothing can prevent that.

Town Cop wrote:
playername!

You are a . Each night, you may send me a PM with the name of one player whose alignment you wish to investigate, and I will return a response to you at the end of the Night if you're alive to receive it. You may not investigate yourself. You win when all threats to the town are gone, or nothing can prevent that.

Town Doctor wrote:
playername!

You are a . Each night, you may send me a PM with the name of a player that you wish to protect from a single night-kill that Night. You may never protect yourself. You win when all threats to the town are gone, or nothing can prevent that.

Town One-Shot Vigilante wrote:
playername!

You are a . One Night during the course of the game, you may send me a PM with the name of a player you wish to kill. You may never target yourself. You win when all threats to the town are gone, or nothing can prevent that.

Town Roleblocker wrote:
playername!

You are a . Each night, you may send me a PM with the name of a player that you wish to Roleblock. (You obviously cannot Roleblock yourself.) You win when all threats to the town are gone, or nothing can prevent that.

Town Vigilante wrote:
playername!

You are a . Each night you may send me a PM with the name of a player you wish to kill. You may never target yourself. You win when all threats to the town are gone, or nothing can prevent that.

Vanilla Townie wrote:
playername!

You are a . You have no abilities, other than your voice and your vote. You win when all threats to the town are gone, or nothing can prevent that.

....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:04 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Role PMs are being sent out now, please hold.

All Role PMs have been sent. When ten players have confirmed, the game will begin with Night Zero.
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Nobody Special »

The sun sets. It's beautiful, really. You take pictures to preserve the moment. Ahh, paradise. Unfortunately, the Night is coming, and you fear what may happen when the alleged murderers stalk through this lush greenery and exact their vengeance on the unwitting victims that have come here to just get away from it all.

Some people really
are
going to be getting away from it all, you fear. Permanently.

Night Zero has begun. All Night actions are due via PM by the deadline, or they will not take effect. Deadline: March 25.

....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Nobody Special »

It is a quiet morning, but will not remain so for long.

You hear shouting down by the beach, and you go to investigate, grabbing your morning coffee along the way from the conveniently located Starbucks. They're really everywhere these days, aren't they?

Anyway. As the crowd gathers on the beach, you discover two soggy bodies washing ashore. So much to look forward to today.

andrew94, Mafia Member,
has drowned and is dead.
Romanus, Town Vigilante,
has drowned and is dead.

Day One begins now. With ten alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: April 15.

....what?

DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:41 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Hahahahahaaha. <3 Romanus

There being a vig doesn't tell us much about the setup, but that's fine.

Vote: farside22
. Always scum.

(inb4 someone votes me for laughing at the NK...which I've now ensured will happen by posting this...)
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:47 am

Post by havingfitz »

Vote: }|{opa
for the unusual username.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:01 am

Post by Jora »

Hi to all!
havingfitz wrote:
Vote: }|{opa
for the unusual username.
Nil sub sole novum.

Stare decisis et non quieta movere.
VOTE: DeathRowKitty
I'm still afraid of straight rows, black kittens and of course death.
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Jora is obv VT, if not, she is a Cop. Simple.
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Jora »

Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:24 am

Post by startransmission »

Vote: Sundy

Nice, easy name to vote for. And it reminds me of my least favorite day of the week.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Jora
Jora
Mafia Scum
Jora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:02 am

Post by Jora »

TTTTCVB+ a goon down is my bet. ¡Adiós!
Be
RED
or be dead. ☭
Sundy
Sundy
Goon
Sundy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:07 am

Post by Sundy »

Hola people. What a bloody beginning.

VOTE: Animorph

"We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live."
Town: 7-4
Scum: 2-2
TBD: 3
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:07 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

vote:yabbaguy
HAVE I NEVER PLAYED WITH YOU BEFORE?
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:23 am

Post by farside22 »

DeathRowKitty wrote:Hahahahahaaha. <3 Romanus

There being a vig doesn't tell us much about the setup, but that's fine.

Vote: farside22
. Always scum.

(inb4 someone votes me for laughing at the NK...which I've now ensured will happen by posting this...)

Vote: DRK

For blatantly lying in one post.
So far the last 2 games we were in I flipped town. Only scum spread lies.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:27 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

farside22 wrote:
Vote: DRK

For blatantly lying in one post.
So far the last 2 games we were in I flipped town. Only scum spread lies.
Nah, you were ttly scum. You just don't realize it.
Sundy wrote:Hola people. What a bloody beginning.

VOTE: Animorph

"We can't tell you who we are. Or where we live."
Vote: Sundy
for finding it necessary to comment on the fact that there were night kills without saying anything about them.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:40 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Vote:yabbaguy
because I keep thinking of ScoobyDoo when I read your name
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 am

Post by cjdrum »

vote: ToastyToast

For being the last person to post before I came. Gotta be scum.

And, how lucky is it (for the Mafia) that they got the Vig, and for us that the Vig got his kill in (on a Mafioso), too! The irony.
The
Australian Legendary Trio
is alive and kicking (American butt)!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:39 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

Why are people still making random votes? Do both of you think your random votes are more useful than votes for Sundry?
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:46 am

Post by ToastyToast »

Because yabbaguy has yet to say anything. Votes on him will likely trigger a response of some sort.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

cjdrum
cjdrum
Goon
cjdrum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:50 am

Post by cjdrum »

Wait, we're not RVSing any more?

Unvote

I'm confoozled, I got here and RVSd and got told off? :x
The
Australian Legendary Trio
is alive and kicking (American butt)!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:15 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

-_-

Pretend I didn't say anything. It's not worth it.
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:16 am

Post by ToastyToast »

RQS? I would do it to get the game moving

startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum