Open 306: Lovers Mafia: Empking Checkmate (OVER)

Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 306: Lovers Mafia: Empking Checkmate (OVER)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 5:56 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Ghostlin's Shell was one of those dives you heard so much about: tacky lighting, random techno played to anime on monitors playing in the background, dance floor with lights, plenty of horny singles and the most alcohol heavy drinks around. The bar's owner (and head bartender) found it his job to play cupid, and while certain pillars of the community found it exceedingly dissolute and part of the reason the community was falling to shit, it was the most happening place.

Or, it was, up until one slow Thursday. Only a handful of you showed up, normal patrons all, except for maybe a couple of newbies. Ghost had just recieved his weekly threat from the local Moral Minority group that they would do anything to shut him down for being a place of sin and vice, particularly the vices of lust and gluttony. Love waits, was the argument, and for continuing to spread the sin, he was guilty and was going to be judged.

The night was young. It was ten o'clock when it happened in succession: the lights went out, the flash of gunpower, a loud click, and then, the lights flashing back on, your eyes adjusting to find Ghostlin, dead, behind the bar, what looked to be part of the torso blown out from a shotgun blast.

The shotgun was empty beside him. Surprised, one of you tries to pick up the phone, and there is no dial tone at all. When you try the cell phone, there is no signal, and when you try to open any of the doors, they are all locked shut.

Seemingly cut off from the rest of the world, you must find the people who brought Ghostlin 'judgement'. Since they're murderers, you decide a little old fashioned justice is in order. After all, you have to use the few hundred feet of speaker cord for something.

Ghostlin, Bartender/Owner of Ghostlin's Shell,
Pro-Town Moderator
, Found Dead in Pregame!

Still Alive (2/6):

Fenchurch
chkflip

Judged (Dead):

Mist7676,
Vanilla Townie
, hung with speaker wire but found innocent Hour 1.
Empking,
Vanilla Townie,
, also similarly hung and found innocent Hour 2.
Crazy,
Vanilla Townie
, shot with a derringer in Endgame!
C-Worl,
Vanilla Townie
, also shot during Endgame!

Deleted from Existance (Modkilled):

No One (let's keep it that way)

Game is in:
OVER.
Mafia
Win!
Last edited by Ghostlin on Wed May 18, 2011 5:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 5:57 am

Post by Ghostlin »

(Credit and thanks to Nobody Special for letting me adapt this rule set. Modified for personal taste and flavor.)

General Rules

1) This is a game. HAVE FUN.
2) I, as Your Moderator, have final say in everything. If I make a mistake, please send me a PM to discuss it. Votecount errors can be pointed out in the thread.
3) Anything in the thread that should draw my attention should be bolded, thus: @Mod, blah blah blah.
4) You may not talk about this game outside of this thread; exceptions are only when your Role PM allows it.
5)
Bolded Purple
is my color. Do not use it, under penalty of Impersonating The Mod (which is modkillable; don't make me do it).
6) Posting in other colors is allowed.
7) Do not quote your Role PM or any other PM from Me. Likewise, do not quote from any outside communication.
8) Do not post in invisible text or tiny text. If I have to "Quote" your post to be able to read what you made small, I will Not Be Happy.
9) I will post votecounts no more often than once per page, or once per real-life day, whichever is less. If there's been a burst of activity, and I've not posted a votecount, feel free to send me a PM.
10) If you somehow have the ability to edit your post, do not. You will be modkilled and changed to neutral Survivor, thus handed a game loss. Due to the nature of the game, this will start a new lynch phase (Day, for our purposes).
10a) Flavor is flavor. Nothing in the flavor reflects Actual Game Mechanics. You are free to ignore the flavor (except, of course, that you'll hurt my feelings; I expect to spend a good deal of time creating flavor, and I think you should at least read it. However, it has no bearing on the game. At all.).

Player Activity

11) I do not (always) automagically prod players. If you would like a prod sent, ask in-thread. Prods will not, however, be sent until a player has not posted for over 72 hours.
12) If you are prodded: You must respond in-thread within 36 hours or you will be replaced. If you recieve three prods, I force replace you on the third.
13) Please don't be annoying, such as posting in l33t or ALL CAPS ALL THE TIME. I may not modkill you, but I will probably will do something creative.
14) Be respectful of each other and your mod. If I feel you are crossing a line, I may warn you or replace you or modkill you at my whim (and dependant on the behavior).
15) Votes MUST be bolded and MUST be at the beginning of the line that they are on (flush left, if that makes it clearer).
16) Notwithstanding Rule #15, if I think it's a Vote, it's a Vote. Be very clear of your intentions.
17) Unvoting is optional, but appreciated. If you choose to unvote, treat it as a vote.

Deadlines and actions and such

18) "Hours" (Days) will have a three week deadline; extensions will rarely be granted, and then only in extenuating circumstances.*
19) If activity severely lags, I may or may not institute a shorter "Hour" (Day) deadline. You will have at least 72 hours notice should this happen.*
20) This game is nightless.*
21) I will often post what time it is in the game with the deadline. This will have no effect except for flavor. 1 real life day~3 minutes, for the curious.*

Death and other matters

22) No-lynch requires a simple majority.
23) If the required number of votes is not reached by deadline, there will be NO LYNCH.
24) Lynching requires a true majority of votes from the living players. Every votecount will have the number alive and the number required to lynch.
25) Once a lynch has been reached, everyone may talk until I post the death scene.
26) If you are night-killed, you are allowed one "Bah!"-type post. No game-relevant content allowed.

Miscellaneous

27) I reserve the right to modify these rules if necessary. Any rule changes during the course of the game will be clearly announced in the thread.
28) Do not tempt The Mod. Do not annoy The Mod. Do not get The Mod wet, nor feed The Mod after midnight.
29) Do not admit to not having read The Rules. I get very, very upset about this. The rules are here for a reason. Read them, follow them, know them.
30) Read Rule #1.
Last edited by Ghostlin on Fri May 06, 2011 7:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Ghostlin »

This is an Open game, which means the setup is known.

Four of you received this PM:

Welcome to Trouble in Ghostlin's Shell!

Up until now, you've been single, a partier and loving it. The hookups, the booze, everything was going great until that fateful night when you decided to stop by Ghostlin's Shell, your favorite spot to drink and carouse, and maybe you'd pick up an attractive guy/girl there.

That was until you were trapped in something that mimicked closer to fim noir than nightclub, with the owner and bartender found dead when that light trick went off. There's six of you, and someone here must have done this. You'll handle this like frontier justice...you know, like that stuff with cowboys and junk. They hang real murderers all the time, right?

Being a party dude (or dudette), you have no powers, no geegaws, just whatever logic remains after freaking out and finding the owner dead and your vote on who might have done this. For the purposes of this game and the mafia parlance, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Win Condition: Eliminate anyone trying to kill or get the patrons of Ghostlin's Shell killed. You win the game when this condition is met, or nothing can stop the same from occuring. (You still win even if you are dead when this condition is met.)

Two of you recieved this PM:

Welcome to Trouble in Ghostlin's Shell!

You are members of the Moral Minority group. Extremists to the core, you believe that sex should not survive outside of marriage, and that loud music, anime and drinking are all tools of the devil. You are here to insure that no one will want to visit this den of sin again, even if you have to pile up the bodies to do so.

You have been happilly married and devoted to your partner, XXXXX. You realize that this may be your last stunt, but you will be made martyrs for your cause. You can't picture living without XXXXX, and so you have a derringer to join them if the plan of using the lame frontier justice game to get them all to hang themselves (by their own votes, without not much more than a little nudge from you) so you can both shoot the remaining with your derringers.

You have mastered the intricacy of a number of hand signals and the near telepathy of being with someone entirely too long. You may use this to talk to your partner at ANYTIME here: www.sesamestreet.com

Being a married couple with only a single shot a piece to clean up either yourself or these sinful lowlifes, you do not have a nightkill, and there is no night in the game. However, you can decieve town with your words and condemn them quicker with your vote. For the purposes of this game and the Mafia parlance, you are a
Mafia Goon Lover

Win Condition: Eliminate the patrons of the hellhole you find yourself in. You win the game when you have achieved this task or nothing can stop it from happening (ie, you have enough remaining shots in each of your derringers to kill the remaining patrons).
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 5:59 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Working on Randomizing and sending out PMs now. Please Wait.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:29 am

Post by Ghostlin »

OK. Roles out. Opening thread. Once I receive confirmations here from all six of you, we will begin. The following people sent me confirmation PMs while I was sending you the thread PM and do not have to reconfirm: Mist7676, Fenchurch
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Err.... /bonus confirm :)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Empking »

/confirm
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:44 am

Post by Fenchurch »

How do you feel about the game, Emp? Confident? Eager? Apprehensive?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:48 am

Post by Crazy »

/confirm
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 6:49 am

Post by Crazy »

OH SNAP IT'S MY SCUMDAY???!!!

Totally didn't even realize that. 3 years of wasting time playing mafia! Yay!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 8:46 am

Post by chkflip »

/confirm.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Ghostlin »

And that's 6 confirms. Hour 1 Begins Now.

VoteCount:

Not Voting (6): Fenchurch, Crazy, Empking, chkflip, C-Worl, Mist7676

With 6 Alive, it takes 4 to lynch, and 4 to No Lynch.

Time Now in Game: 10:00 PM

Deadline for Hour 1 to end and Hour 2 to Begin: Friday, May 27th, 2:00 PM MTN.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 9:09 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Chkflip
- Because if he dares to be scum without me then I definitely want him lynched.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 10:27 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Hang on what? I don't see a confirm from C-Worl. Confirmed in the scum thread? :neutral:

VOTE: C-Worl
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Fenchurch »

And Emp, how come you didn't answer my earlier question? And what do you think of my vote right now?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Empking »

Fenchurch wrote:And Emp, how come you didn't answer my earlier question?

Didn't see it. (Eager iof you're still interested.)
And what do you think of my vote right now?

I highly doubt you got it right.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Thank you.

And really? Have you never been in a game where a mod error inadvertantly gave a clue as to who the scum was?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Empking »

Fenchurch wrote:Thank you.

And really? Have you never been in a game where a mod error inadvertantly gave a clue as to who the scum was?

I've never been scum and confirmed in the QT before.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Fenchurch »

From a thread in MD right now, about how mods require confirmations:
Zachrulez wrote:Likewise, I also take posting in a scum qt as a confirmation for scum who actively avoid confirming.

It certainly doesn't seem out of the question for that to be what happened here. I'm not sure why you seem to think it's so unlikely.

Everyone else: where are you? What are your comments on this?
Mist7676
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mist7676
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Mist7676 »

I was going out of town when I confarmed my apples by PM but there is internet at the hotel!
Vote: EmpKing

First voting scum.
You Are Worth It
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

OK: to clarify. C-Worl did not confirm in either in private communications with me or on the thread. I opened the game accidently a touch early. We will continue to play Day 1 since a good majority of you are here, just ignore the mod error.

If C-Worl doesn't post in thread in 72 hours, I'll look into a replacement.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by Crazy »

Fenchurch, Mist hadn't confirmed in the thread either when you first accused C-Worl. Why didn't you mention her, too?
C-Worl
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
C-Worl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by C-Worl »

I'm here. Role received.

Vote: Mist

Cuz I cans.
Show
... Even when C-worl is providing no content, C-worl is providing no content. Feat considered impressive. ...

Pleasedont reiterate things I've already said. I know the things I already said. In fact, I'm the one that said them

I'm sure that makes sense in some way I'm not seeing.... but I'm not seeing how that makes any sense.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by Empking »

Unvote

Vote: C-Worl
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri May 06, 2011 2:41 pm

Post by Crazy »

If what Fenchurch said was true and C-Worl claimed in the scum-quicktopic, I'd expect the mod to just state that C-Worl confirmed by PM, instead of saying it was a mistake.

The mod making a mistake regarding this actually makes C-Worl more likely to be town. If the town PMs were all sent BCC, then it would look like C-Worl had read his PM, when in fact, he hadn't yet. I made that exact mistake modding a Newbie Game; thankfully, nobody caught it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”