Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Open 320- Tit for Tat: Game Over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Once upon a time there was a town.
It was a pretty nice place except for the mafia. The mafia wanted protection money from aaall the villagers to finance secret mafia parties and smoke cigars and things like that.
Then one day the townies got tired of the mafia's demands. They declared that they "WEREN'T GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE" and started punching all the mafia in the face.
The mafia was quite irritated by this, so when the townies weren't looking they'd shoot them and then pretend it was somebody else. And the while some of the townies still fought back, most of them ran away because getting shot hurts a lot. By the end of the week the mafia's place of operations was burned down but only 13 people were left in town. After excessive celebrations, they found Gammagooey dead. And not from alcohol poisoning like they all thought at first- He was shot.
So the remaining twelve people gathered together in the town square to discuss who were the mafia hidden among them. They'd lynch one person a day until the mafia were gone from their village and they could go back to using their money for their OWN parties instead of those stupid mafia ones.
SO IT BEGINS.

Gammagooey -
Town Partygoer
killed Pregame

Playerlist (12/12)

Magua
(replacing Coventry)

Luxury/Shift
(replacing SigmaEXE003)

verydark
Lady Lambdadelta
(replacing jilynne1991)

StefanB
SleepyKrew
(replacing GenericName)

MagnaofIllusion
VisceraEyes
Darkcoffeejazz
IH
malpascp
Seraphim

Spoiler: Game Results

VisceraEyes -
Townie
, lynched D1
Darkcoffeejazz-
Townie
, killed N1
IH -
Vigilante
, killed N1
malpascp -
Townie
, lynched D2
Seraphim
(replacing kondi2424)
-
Townie
, killed N2
SleepyKrew-
Rolecop
was lynched d3.

Luxury-
Backup Jailkeeper
was Endgamed d3.
Lady Lambdadelta-
Townie
was Endgamed d3.
verydark-
Townie
was Endgamed d3.

Magua (
Mafia Jailkeeper
), MagnaofIllusion (
Mafia Deputy
), and StefanB (
Mafia Goon
) have won Open 320![/spoiler]
Last edited by Gammagooey on Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:25 am, edited 39 times in total.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:29 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Ruleset taken and modified from Faraday and Vi.

Rules that may differ with other mods have been bolded to stand out from the rest.

RULES

--
Big overall stuff

1) The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.
2) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
3) Do not quote any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role PM). Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM. Using timestamps of PMs to try to discover alignments will get you modkilled, as will posting any quicktopic you may have or copy+pasting from it.
4) Don't be a jerk to the other players. I'll give you a warning if you get out of hand but continued breaking of this or any other rule will result in either a force-replace or modkill.
5) A modkill will occur if a player has broken a rule that compromises the integrity of the game or blatantly breaks rules despite warnings. I will kill you, change your alignment to Neutral Survivor, and take the day to night. The only exception is if a member of the mafia intentionally tries to get himself modkilled to help his faction by taking the game to night- this will keep the game at day.
6) Play to win- Don't bring outside grudges into the game, and outing your mafia buddies OR pretending to out your mafia buddies will result in a modkill and possibly other penalties to your faction.

--
Voting, Lynching, and deaths

7) For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
Vote: Gammagooey
. Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded.
Shortening a player's name is fine but I must be able to tell who you're referring to-If it looks like a vote for the player and it reasonably can't be seen as vote for another one it will count. (no voting tricks)

8)
Unvotes aren't necessary when changing votes, but are nice.
They can also be used to remove your vote from wherever it currently is.
9) I will try to post one vote count every day, with more if necessary because of a lot of vote changes. If you want an extra one ask for it and I'll be happy to give you one. If one is wrong point it out in-thread and I'll correct it as soon as possible.
10) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch.
11)
You may vote for a no lynch if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for a no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch.

12) Once you're dead, you are dead. Do not post in the thread until the game is over, except for one contentless "bah" post. It must be made relatively soon after your death.

--
Activity & Deadlines

13) Try to stay active- if you can no longer keep up with the thread due to real life issues send me a PM and I'll begin looking for a replacement.
14) Prods will be issued after three days in a row without posting. If you're due for your 3rd prod and you've recieved at least one prod in the current or previous game day I'll replace you instead. Players may request a prod on another player too if I forget or you want it done faster than the regular votecount.
14a) If you do not open a prod within 24 hours of it being sent I'll begin looking for a replacement.
15) Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time I will replace you.
16) Deadlines for each game day will be 2 weeks.
17) In the event of a deadline being reached without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will no lynch.
18) Nights will have a 2 and a half day (60 hour) deadline. If you fail to send in a night choice, I will automatically default to 'no choice' for that night, and you will do nothing. You may send in an action in advance if you think you won't be there for the actual night period. The night scene may not exactly be up after 60 hours, but give or take an hour or 10 and it will be.
19) Deadlines may be extended if multiple players are on V/LA over the time deadline would expire or replacements have been needed throughout the day or in other circumstances. They will not be extended if nobody is posting or for other similar reasons.

--
Other Stuff

20) I call dibs on
blue
font. Don't use it.
21) It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. Don't try to exploit it, or you will be modkilled.
22) I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know.
23)
Flavour in any modscenes is only flavor. It will not give insights to the alignments of any player in them and you can understand all of the mod-info from the deaths below any flavor that is given.

24)
Don't use codes or cryptography to gain an advantage for massclaims or other situations. Using size tags or other BBCode to hide things is also not allowed. As an exception you May use breadcrumbs or other simple methods of hiding information that use small changes or indications in otherwise regular posts. If you've got a question about what's acceptable PM me before using it.

25) If you don't agree to follow these rules then send me a PM before the game starts and I'll find a replacement for you.
26) Have fun!
Last edited by Gammagooey on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Setup info:

Tit for Tat has the following setup:1 Mafia Jailer, 1 Mafia Deputy, 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Vigilante, 1 Role Cop, 1 Backup Jailer, and 6 Townies.
The role PMs for each role are posted below.

Mafia Roles-
Spoiler: Mafia Jailkeeper
Gamma wrote:Welcome
<playername>
! You're the
Mafia Jailkeeper
, and you get to throw whoever you want into your own special holding cell! If you die though, the Backup Jailkeeper will take your jail keys and use your cell to help the town. You've joined together with <playername2>, the Mafia Deputy, and <playername3>, a Mafia Goon. You can speak only at night with your partners in the following quicktopic:<URL link here>. In addition to your mafia duties, you can vote to lynch someone every day at the town meeting.

Mafia Kill
:Every night a single living member of the mafia can attempt to kill another player in the game. This can be done by either PM or by bolding the command in the quicktopic. If a person is not specifically selected to carry out the kill the person who submitted it will do it by default.

Jailkeep
:As long as you are alive, you may throw another player in jail at night by either PMing me or bolding the action in the quicktopic. This player is both roleblocked and protected from any kills that occur during that night. It does Not stop other actions from targeting that player (such as the rolecop) and you cannot use this and perform the mafia kill in the same night.

You win when the mafia can no longer be eliminated from the game.

Please confirm that you've read and understand this role PM by sending me a PM with the name of your role.

Spoiler: Mafia Deputy
Gammagooey wrote:Welcome
<playername>
! You're the
Mafia Deputy
, and you aren't going to tolerate those TOWNIES not giving you party and cigar money. You've joined together with <playername2>, the Mafia Jailkeeper, and <playername3>, a Mafia Goon. You can speak only at night with your partners in the following quicktopic:<URL link here>. In addition to your mafia duties, you can vote to lynch someone every day at the town meeting.

Mafia Kill
:Every night a single living member of the mafia can attempt to kill another player in the game. This can be done by either PM or by bolding the command in the quicktopic. If a person is not specifically selected to carry out the kill the person who submitted it will do it by default.

Deputy
: As the Deputy, you will take over the rolecop's ability if he dies. Once this has occurred as long as you are alive you may attempt to learn one player's role each night by sending me a PM or bolding the action in the quicktopic. You will recieve either the player's role or a notice that you were roleblocked at the start of the next day. You cannot use this and perform the mafia kill in the same night.

Please confirm that you've read and understand this role PM by sending me a PM with the name of your role.

Spoiler: Mafia Goon
Gammagooey wrote:Welcome <
playername
>! You're the
Mafia Goon
, and you're tired of those annoying TOWNIES not giving you money and/or not letting you murder people for giggles. You've joined together with <playername2>, the Mafia Jailkeeper, and <playername3>, the Mafia Deputy. You can speak only at night with your partners in the following quicktopic:<URL link here>. In addition to your mafia duties, you can vote to lynch someone every day at the town meeting.

Mafia Kill

Town Roles-
Spoiler: Vigilante
Gamma wrote:Welcome <
playername
>! You're the
Vigilante
: as a result of picking up a mafia gun and pulling the trigger repeatedly, you've learned how to shoot people! You want to use your money for your own parties so you've decided to try and shoot all the mafia that are still left in town. In addition to your ability, you can vote to lynch someone every day at the town meeting.

Vigilante Kill
:Every night you can use the mafia gun you found to shoot someone- simply PM me your target in the form of
Kill: Gammagooey
and you'll try to shoot them until they're dead. You will not succeed if either you or your target is the target of a jailkeeper.

You win when all the mafia are dead and at least one member of the town is still alive.

Spoiler: Rolecop
playername
>! You're the
Rolecop
: You were a cop before the fight between the town and the mafia broke out so you have access to your police database, full of interesting stuff about people, where they work, and who they work for. You can never remember your password though so you always have it on a little piece of paper in your pocket- if you die the Mafia Deputy will take it and use the database for the mafia. You want your party money and you'll fight the mafia tooth and nail to keep it for yourself. In addition to your ability, you can vote to lynch someone every day at the town meeting.

Rolecop
:Every night you can use your investigative database to rolecop someone- simply PM me your target in the form of
Rolecop: Gammagooey
and you'll either get their role or a notice that you were roleblocked at the start of the next day.

You win when all the mafia are dead and at least one member of the town is still alive.

Spoiler: Backup Jailkeeper
playername
>! You're the
Backup Jailkeeper
: You worked at the prison before the fight against the mafia broke out but it KIND of burned down during the fight. You know the Mafia Jailkeeper has a private holding cell though, if he dies you can snatch the keys off him and use them for yourself. You're trying to get rid of the mafia and finally host your own party for a change- prison guards just wanna have fun. In addition to your ablility, you can vote to lynch someone every day at the town meeting.

Jailkeep
:If the Mafia Jailkeeper is dead you may throw another player in jail at night by PMing me in the form of
Jailkeep: Gammagooey
This player is both roleblocked and protected from any kills that occur during that night. It does Not stop other actions from targeting that player (such as the rolecop).

Spoiler: Townie
playername
>! You're a
Townie
: You don't have an interesting job and all you want is to get rid of the mafia in your town so you can go to regular parties instead of those snobby mafia ones. You can't do anything at night, you can only vote every day with everyone else at the town meeting to try to lynch the mafia.

Last edited by Gammagooey on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:58 am

Post by Gammagooey »

There has been one rule change between the rules going up last night and now- nights will last 60 hours (2 and a half days) instead of 48.

Roles are being randomized and sent out now- Please confirm by PM. Day 1 will start after 10 players have confirmed. The mafia can talk in their quicktopic until 9pm EST tomorrow night (26 hours from this post) or 10 players have confirmed, whichever comes
last
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

All role PMs are out, follow the directions in your role PM to confirm your role.

All players who have confirmed will be bolded in the first post.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Everyone except kondi has confirmed- Day 1 Starts now!

Votecount #1- The Beginning

kondi2424(0)
Coventry(0)
SigmaEXE003(0)
IH(0)
malpascp(0)
verydark(0)
jilynne1991(0)
StefanB(0)
VisceraEyes(0)
GenericName(0)
MagnaofIllusion(0)
Darkcoffeejazz(0)
Not Voting:Everyone
With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline: Tuesday, July 26th 6:00pm EST
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:23 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Don't worry, I'm here now. Let the bold notes of jazz accuse the mafia as we work to unravel the mystery of this murder.
/coolentry

Anyway, let me be the first to bring us into the RVS.

VOTE: Jilyenne1991

Because I can.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

"Prepare for the bitter truth."

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
: 0/0
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:25 am

Post by IH »

vote: darkcoffeejazz

Because the godot theme is now playing in my mind
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:26 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Greetings to everyone I have crossed paths with before ... which is pretty much only Kondi and DarkCoffee. :?

Hello to everyone I don't know ... huzzah and well-met.

VOTE: Kondi

for being the last to confirm.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

Yeah, I see you magna. Also for some reason I thought you and Jily were in my last game but now I remember you were in a game with me 2 games ago (for me at least).

So yeah.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

IH wrote:
vote: darkcoffeejazz

Because the godot theme is now playing in my mind

You know you love it.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
jilynne1991
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
jilynne1991
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:14 am

Post by jilynne1991 »

Hi DCJ
waves

VOTE: Magma of Illusion cuz i feel like it
Show
Lost four games as scum.

Lost thirteen games as town.

Won two games as scum.

Won two games as town.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:19 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

jilynne1991 wrote:
VOTE: Magma of Illusion cuz i feel like it

Man he's going to be pissed when he sees this ... oh wait, Magma of Illusion isn't even in this game. Whut? :lol:

In this thread Jilynne claims to be a NoPointinActingup Alt ...
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
verydark
verydark
Goon
verydark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:09 am

Post by verydark »

Hello everyone! Let's get this party started.

I'll do a generic vote on

VOTE: GenericName

You see what i did there?
Code 1-8-7:
M.D.K.
(Murder, Death, Kill)
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:37 am

Post by malpascp »

Vote: veryblack

because...!
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:39 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Okay everyone, I prefer to start things off with a questioning phase instead of random votes, as random votes lead to random OMGUS and random suspicions that are otherwise very pointless and very avoidable.

1) What are your thoughts on No Lynch as a policy?
2) How do you feel about lynching inactives?
3) How lurky is lurky to YOU?

My answers:
1) I believe that it can be in town's best interest to No Lynch on day 1, but almost never after. If leading up to the first lynch we feel like there isn't enough suspicious activity to warrent lynching someone, I feel the subtraction of the small chance of actually hitting scum is worth the benefit of absolutely NOT hitting a townie. After day 1 though there's typically enough information (with the night-kill factored in) to get a really GOOD lynch candidate d2 and beyond.
2) I'm almost universally against lynching inactives. Inactives are more often than not bored townies. They're townsfolk who are generally jaded from receiving Vanilla Townie AGAIN. In my experience, it's not uncommon to have a lurking mafia member, but they'll generally come out when called out.
3) This question is a little weird for me to answer. Firstly, I've accused of lurking in a few games. Sometimes I'm waiting on a certain person to respond to a certain post. Sometimes I'm waiting on something to happen. Sometimes I'm just not around. So it looks like I'm lurking...but the fact of the matter is that I'm a pretty active player and will ultimately get my say in eventually. Because of this, I tend to give a lot of leeway to lurkers. I can understand the play-style. But because I do it as mafia AND town, it's more of a null-read for me, and as I said before, I'm almost universally against lynching inactives.

How about the rest of you?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

1) Depends on how early in the game it is and if it'll benefit the town at all.
2) Normally I prefer to have inactives lynched or killed, but with MafiaScum's replacement mechanics it really doesn't matter too much to me.
3) I dunno. Not posting at all?
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:18 am

Post by IH »

No lynch should only be used to get an extra day close to endgame situations or to let power roles 'prove' themselves
I think it's the mod's problem to be honest, and advocating a lynch on an inactive for BEING inactive is scummy
I'll let you know what is "lurky"

on that note
unvote, vote:VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:21 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

:o .... :(
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:52 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Should I assume that you think my questions are scummy? If so, why answer them?
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by malpascp »

Asking questoions again? Very scummy of you VE.

Trying to get out of RVS that soon? Very scummy of you IH

Scum-buddies here!
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Coventry
Coventry
Townie
Coventry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:13 pm

Post by Coventry »

Hello, everyone.

Thank you, Eyes, for finding the random vote stage distasteful. I know the game has to start some way but I like this way better.

I think a no lynch is a gift to the bad guys. I would prefer not to give them one.

I do not believe in lynching inactive players. I believe in lynching based on information. The more information the better. But I also understand that this is a weakness in my game. So I do believe in aggressive moderators who replace inactive players quickly.

I don't like lurkers for much the same reason. The more information we have as town the better for town. The less, the better for the bad guys.

One other thing I don't like, or at least something that usually gets a faint buzz from my antenna. Someone who tells me what is and isn't a null tell in their game play. Especially in an introductory post.

IH, do you consider your vote on Eyes RVS?
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by IH »

No, that was a serious vote. Questions are one thing, but those questions in particular actually all boil down to "How much can I get away with?"
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

@IH
Well, it was intended more as 'I'm asking these particular questions now so that I don't have to ask them when they come up'...but I see what you're getting at. You think that I'm trying to find out how much inactivity/lurking I can get away with. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough what the tolerance level is. The questions were designed to extract information from people, not just from the answers but from the tone of response...and the subsequent votes, in your case. I like the responses so far.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Darkcoffeejazz
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Darkcoffeejazz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Post by Darkcoffeejazz »

I don't see how it's scummy to ask questions. Even questions like those.
Show
100 Vamps or Bust!

Town
0/2
Mafia
0/0
Third Party

Return to “Completed Open Games”