Open 779: Pick Your Power X/Y Game Over!

Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (isolation #0) » Fri May 15, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 13, skitter30 wrote:I think that it's unlikely that there's more than one scum in any given set of multiples

I also think its low-key unlikely for there to be more than 1 scum in the 1's and 2's combined
This is a little sus coming from someone in a set of multiples and who sent in a 2
In post 27, Datisi wrote:VOTE: aldus
have you finally rolled scum you scumfuck?
no, the suffering continues. hbu
In post 27, Datisi wrote:
In post 13, skitter30 wrote:I also think its low-key unlikely for there to be more than 1 scum in the 1's and 2's combined
skitter scum with 2 other people in 1's and 2's confirmed
my thoughts exactly lmao
In post 44, skitter30 wrote:like 1/2 are perceived as being risky by scum. i don't think they double-down and pick *two* numbers in that group
You're really going hard on this WIFOM, aren't you?
In post 84, skitter30 wrote:
In post 72, DonCorleone wrote:Why is Dunn lowkey townie?
Idk, i dont think he'd take the approach to try to get vig/pgo to claim rn as scum
Scum want to know who the PGO is tho
VOTE: Dunnstral
I feel like a lot of people are doing unnecessary claims or setup spec and it's just giving scum more clues about town PRs and of those people dunnstral is the worst
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (isolation #1) » Fri May 15, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Alduskkel »

neon mafia is still fresh in my mind so I'm literally never going to trust you skitter
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (isolation #2) » Fri May 15, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Alduskkel »

fixed
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (isolation #3) » Fri May 15, 2020 8:10 am

Post by Alduskkel »

datisi you were
there
don't let her fool you
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (isolation #4) » Fri May 15, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Alduskkel »

just say you're sheeping farkset
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (isolation #5) » Fri May 15, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Alduskkel »

what makes you think hectic is in melody?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (isolation #6) » Fri May 15, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Alduskkel »

so would you still vote drew if you knew hectic wasn't in melody
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (isolation #7) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Alduskkel »

no read yet :V
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (isolation #8) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Alduskkel »

ok but last time when I played like I didn't rly care and then I got lynched and town lost so

I mean even if I didn't get lynched that game it was still gonna be a town loss but still

also if we keep saying drew I'm gonna keep thinking drewsta
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (isolation #9) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:35 am

Post by Alduskkel »

i was thinking of CSF's post
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (isolation #10) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Alduskkel »

plot twist: doctor drew is a hydra of doctorpepper and drew-sta and also doctor drew
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (isolation #11) » Fri May 15, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Alduskkel »

page top
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (isolation #12) » Fri May 15, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 156, Doctor Drew wrote:Also, you were in Big 4 Mafia, right Ald?
I was not.
Dunnstral wrote:
In post 85, skitter30 wrote:
In post 76, Dunnstral wrote:Why would you be fake claiming cop as town? Why would I assume you're town?
I'm not sure what you're getting at. If you retract your claim I'll retract my wanting the vig to claim, otherwise it is essential we get that claim today.
Although could u explain the logic again?
If he's cop there isnt a redirector so we dont need to worry about redirector shenanigans with the vig/pgo slot
And if mafia has a roleblocker, they have to choose between the cop claim and the vigilante claim
Feels a bit sus that this is all dunnstral had to say despite there being other things going on in the game
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (isolation #13) » Sat May 16, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 204, DonCorleone wrote:alduskkel, do you actually think skitter is scummy this game? are you scum reading both skitter and Dunn?
No, skitter's mostly just paranoia. You're right that it's easier to try to figure out her alignment later on, if she's still alive. It's just that last time I tried that I got quickvoted by the other townie in 3p lylo and scum skitter hammered for the win before I had a chance to reevaluate skitter.
In post 206, DonCorleone wrote:I'm actually coming around to Datisi being scum here, I think. Doesn't look like he's very interested in solving the game, just shitposting and hedging quite a lot with stuff like "lowkey think skitt is towny but she could fake this all" and "assuming hectic is a head of melody so I'll sheep there". It's like he's avoiding responsibility for what he's saying, looking in ISO it's the same thing again where he says that aldus may be scum but talks about how he's drinking in the same post.

And then again there's more where he says how he would called jacksonvirgo townie but won't because he'd seen "scum act completely clueless" elsewhere.

Datisi, what are your actual reads on people? I feel like you're shading a lot but kind of avoiding committing or taking responsiblilty whenever you suggest something is off
In post 208, Datisi wrote:you're right i'm not very interested in solving because i'm still in the "early stage waiting everyone to post" mode, which i get is weird because i'm aware everyone has posted, but i feel like i don't have enough to work with. the main things happening so far are the don/dunn spat (which i think is tvt but doesn't give me an opportunity to actually contribute anything or futher other reads) and the fark/drdrew spat which i've already given my opinion on.

i'm admiting to being aware my skitter read could be complete bullshit because i had a feeling someone was gonna say "skitter is good as scum she can fake that datisi what are you doing are you pocketing skitter" like i get that she's able to fake it. i'm townleaning her anyway.

{skitt, don, dunn, melody, pepper, farkset}
{jackson, cat, clemency, brass} - null
{drdrew, aldus}

these would be my ~feels~ so far but none of them are very strong because the game is what it is.

Spoiler:
nice distancing.
Eh, Datisi shitposting isn't really AI. And I'm still kinda in that early stage mode too so I can see his perspective. I thought Dunn would have posted more by now so I could either confirm my scumread or reassess it.

Also if Datisi paranoia scumreads me for "caring too much" about this game then I can townread Datisi for not "caring enough" because I know we both wanted to roll scum :P
In post 219, Farkset wrote:Unless datisi is known for caring about games more as scum than as town, it's a townlean for me.
Wait what? You've somehow reached the same conclusion as me via the exact opposite logic?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (isolation #14) » Sat May 16, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Hey Melody, who do you scumread?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (isolation #15) » Sat May 16, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 227, Datisi wrote:are you actually townreading me for that
just a little bit

I mean it's more than what I have to go off of for some other players
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (isolation #16) » Sat May 16, 2020 11:01 am

Post by Alduskkel »

is this your way of apologizing for scumreading me here
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (isolation #17) » Sat May 16, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Melody, I asked for scumreads and you only gave townreads...?

Also RC isn't in this game. (I'm prepared for a woooooosh if I'm missing an inside joke.)
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (isolation #18) » Sun May 17, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 241, Melody wrote:
In post 112, Alduskkel wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral
I feel like a lot of people are doing unnecessary claims or setup spec and it's just giving scum more clues about town PRs and of those people dunnstral is the worst
Is that anti-town or actually scummy though? Do you think Dunny taking the cop claim seriously and going hard down the 1-shot vig clam line is scum-motivated? Like, he thinks scum can get an advantage if he gets 1-shot vig to claim.

~Dawn
Of course scum get an advantage if a 1-shot vig claims. I think they'd be even happier if it were a 1-shot PGO claim -- they don't want one of their own to die while nightkilling or something.
In post 244, Dunnstral wrote:I don't like how Aldusk doubled down on their scumread by saying I hadn't responded to enough things
It's a perfectly legitimate call-out though.
In post 245, Melody wrote:VOTE: Alduskkel

Let's try it.

~Dawn
In post 246, Farkset wrote:Let's try it.

VOTE: Alduskkel

-Farkran
Well this feels weird. Melody just said I was "pending further evaluation" but then votes me, and then I don't know what to make of Farkset's vote. I doubt Farkset-Melody scumbuddies do this tho, unless that's exactly what they want me to think (but probably not).

Melody, what made you want to vote me rather than waiting for me to post more?
In post 263, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 232, Melody wrote:As for the smaller ones: Jackson, i lean on their entrance being genuine, which would make them town since scum should understand how the setup works after going thru the draft phase. Plus they admitted having played the setup before and still getting it wrong. it seems less likely to be a lie to me.
This seems somewhat pockety since I am a newer player compared to majority of you I assume, especially in this setup but I would have been just as confused as either alignment so sure it seems genuine but how is that AI as me being Town?
hilariously enough I think this is a townie thing to say
In post 278, Melody wrote:
In post 276, skitter30 wrote:
In post 274, Melody wrote:What about the Dunny vote; how is that reflective of his playstyle/personality, rather than him pursuing what he thinks is scummy?
i guess i don't entirely understand why you're viewing it as a scummy vote
Probably better to let Aldu reply than to go too much further into it.

~Dawn
I mean look at Dunnstral's iso. He tried to get a PR to claim and then got flak for it and has been laying low ever since. The only "scumhunting" he's done is casting aspersions on me for voting him.
In post 301, alimdia wrote:But its still possible that for the [1] pick, 1 scum decided to sacrifice themselves getting a PR, but fuck over 3 other town in the process. Like 1 for 3 seems pretty worth right?
It's not really worth it for scum to "fuck over 3 other town" though if it just causes other townies to be high in the draft order instead.

---

i can't tell what's going on on pages 13 and 14 with drew and 3p and arsonists and stuff
In post 336, DoctorPepper wrote:Liking Melody a lot more now for gut. Initially just thought it was the Drew vote. Maybe I just disagree with your reads, but it seems genuine.

Jackson seems genuine as well.

Turning around on Skitter.

Aldus and Dats seem town but I'm basing it off a previous game and their interactions seem similar.

So far I'm good on Fark but I can swing towards Alimdia
What'd you think of Melody voting me and Farkset immediately following suit?
In post 360, skitter30 wrote:meh

VOTE: catscratchfever
In post 361, Datisi wrote:eh, sure.

VOTE: catscratchfever
DEJA VU / I'VE JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE / HIGHER ON THE STREET / AND I KNOW IT'S MY TIME TO GO~

srsly tho, why CSF. this just seems so random
In post 362, Farkset wrote:What kind of playstyle reasons? I don't see him picking fights as i usually do, or standing out in a particular way that would attract scumreads and wagoning. I don't know alduskkel, but i was not pinged the wrong way by him - rather the opposite, he didn't impress me at all, which is why i went back to check "why i don't remember anything from this slot?"

And i see an ISO which is basically IIOA and fighting
against
progress instead of producing it, this is what i mean when i say it's not a good iso. For instance, look at posts , , - it seems to me that all of those are from a mindset that doesn't know what to say, so it tries to say something without standing out or taking any hard stance about anyone.
115 -- neon mafia is my 2nd most recent game and I mentioned it to explain my skitter paranoia
130 -- Melody was basically just restating what Farkset already said, it just seemed kind of dishonest to do the vote without admitting to the sheeping (sheeping isn't necessarily scummy but scum still often try to avoid looking like they're sheeping)
223 -- more of a clarification post?

I mean I've kinda been trying to "pick a fight" with Dunnstral but he hasn't really been active so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How am I fighting against progress?
In post 368, Melody wrote:VOTE: Cat

~Evening
Dude what is with all these vote swaps. I kinda get moving your vote from drew to me but you moved your vote from me to CSF without me even posting at any point in between. So it makes me think you weren't really interested in pressuring me to sort my alignment.

VOTE: Melody
Still have my eye on Dunnstral but this vote seems more productive.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (isolation #19) » Sun May 17, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

kinda agree with skitter's assessment here:
In post 358, skitter30 wrote:
In post 357, Datisi wrote:and i feel like voting alimdia but my read rate on him is a flat 0%
you've played with him before?
ngl while i do think he's very wrong it's almost the kind of wrong that tends to come from town, if that makes sense?
it's not strong but gut/tone says alimdia is town
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (isolation #20) » Sun May 17, 2020 1:54 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 376, Melody wrote:Our vote switched to Cats because of some hydra dissonance lul

Ok so why is cats a bigger scum impression than me now?

pedit: this is all @melody
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (isolation #21) » Sun May 17, 2020 1:59 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 379, Melody wrote:Aldu, so you think Dunny is openwolfing in a sense by trying to get the 1-shot vig to claim? He doesn't read that way to me, and I think the positives associated with trying to force an anti-town claim are outweighed by the negatives of the hit your appearance takes.

~Dawn
I wouldn't call it an openwolf. Also, judging by the lack of votes on him, Dunnstral hasn't taken much of a hit.

pedit: ugh hydra dissonance
ppedit: can i post please
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #22) » Sun May 17, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 370, Alduskkel wrote:I mean look at Dunnstral's iso. He tried to get a PR to claim and then got flak for it and has been laying low ever since. The only "scumhunting" he's done is casting aspersions on me for voting him.
what's not to get
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (isolation #23) » Sun May 17, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 388, Melody wrote:What do you find so strange about this, Aldu? By "pending further evaluation" it means I saw something I disliked and questioned you about it. How else would you expect me to use my vote rather than to pressure slots I'm unsure about? Especially since I was voting Drew who I started changing my mind on.

~Dawn
I thought you'd wait for me to respond/post more so you could do the further evaluation and then decide whether or not to vote me.

Like, I'd expect town to either wait to vote me and/or after voting me not move the vote elsewhere so soon.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (isolation #24) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

hi i've been busy making bad life choices but i'm here now and catching up
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (isolation #25) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

the lack of a recent vote count was really bothering me okay

Alduskkel (3) - Melody, Cat Scratch Fever, Farkset
Melody (2) - JacksonVirgo, Alduskkel
alimdia (2) - DoctorPepper, DonCorleone
brassherald (1) - Dunnstral
Farkset (1) - Doctor Drew
DoctorPepper (1) - Datisi
Doctor Drew (1) - brassherald
skitter30 (1) - alimdia
Cat Scratch Fever (1) - skitter30

Deadline is in: (expired on 2020-05-23 08:00:00)

wow guys could you spread out your votes a little more
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (isolation #26) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

i thought that'd be the page top for some reason

Alduskkel (3) - Melody, Cat Scratch Fever, Farkset
Melody (2) - JacksonVirgo, Alduskkel
alimdia (2) - DoctorPepper, DonCorleone
brassherald (1) - Dunnstral
Farkset (1) - Doctor Drew
DoctorPepper (1) - Datisi
Doctor Drew (1) - brassherald
skitter30 (1) - alimdia
Cat Scratch Fever (1) - skitter30

Deadline is in: (expired on 2020-05-23 08:00:00)
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (isolation #27) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

iconeum is the 1 person not voting
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #678 (isolation #28) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

bruh why
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (isolation #29) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Skitter, why aren't you scumreading Melody anymore?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (isolation #30) » Tue May 19, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

People don't like walls so I'm spacing out my catch-up.

Page 18: I don't agree with DP's reads but his posts sound townie. Like, I can see the town thought process coming through. Also kinda reminds me of town DP from Micro 935.

by Farkran feels town to me. The attention to detail makes me think they're invested in scumhunting.

Overall Farkran v DP feels TvT.
In post 510, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: melody
In post 511, Farkset wrote:VOTE: melody
Aww, what happened to these votes? These votes were good.
In post 533, Melody wrote:
In post 392, Alduskkel wrote:
In post 388, Melody wrote:What do you find so strange about this, Aldu? By "pending further evaluation" it means I saw something I disliked and questioned you about it. How else would you expect me to use my vote rather than to pressure slots I'm unsure about? Especially since I was voting Drew who I started changing my mind on.

~Dawn
I thought you'd wait for me to respond/post more so you could do the further evaluation and then decide whether or not to vote me.

Like, I'd expect town to either wait to vote me and/or after voting me not move the vote elsewhere so soon.
Talk about this more in particular, Aldu. I want to know why you're getting so hung up over that vote on you.

>We were voting for Drew, I started thinking he was town. Said I needed a new vote.
>I find something you did I disliked, question you on it.
>Someone agrees with me.
>I vote for you, using my vote as pressure.

What's so strange about this?

~Dawn
The strangest part about this is that your vote on me was ineffective as pressure because it was removed before I even posted again. The whole point of pressuring someone is to see how they react.
You also voted me before I responded to your question, when you specifically said I was "pending further evaluation."
Are you deliberately leaving out these important details?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (isolation #31) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Because in-context it was less "moving their vote to pressure another scumread" and more "moving their vote onto a new tasty wagon opportunity":
In post 360, skitter30 wrote:VOTE: catscratchfever
In post 361, Datisi wrote:VOTE: catscratchfever
In post 368, Melody wrote:VOTE: Cat
I'm honestly shocked you don't have issues with this considering you were the one being wagoned.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (isolation #32) » Tue May 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

catch-up part 2
In post 541, Datisi wrote:isn't aldus talking about you removing the vote before he even posted, not about you voting for him in the first place?
In post 542, Melody wrote:No, I think he's talking about us voting him in the first place because of the "pending further evaluation" thing (other than the second half of the last line).

~Dawn
I have issues with both of these things.
In post 574, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:He said he was pushing scum!dunn as much as he could given dunn's low activity earlier, but several people put forth town leans on Dunn, which was something he could've engaged with. I don't feel like he was considering what other people were saying about Dunn wanting the PGO/Vig slot to claim being possibly town motivated as well. I also generally get the feeling that this is one of dunn's lhf games and an easy slot to push.
You have a point here, but in my defense I haven't played with Dunn before and at the time his activity level was high so I expected him to keep posting a lot, which is what I planned to engage with.
In post 574, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I'm also not feeling his reason for scumreading Melody. I feel like it's pretty normal to join a growing wagon and even a bit townie as stubbornly parking on a wagon by yourself won't generate any meaningful pressure.
What are you referring to when you say a "growing wagon"? Melody was the first vote on me.
I don't mind Melody unvoting Drew, but if their goal was to generate meaningful pressure then they totally failed at that.

Re: Fark's meta dive on me -- my level of engagement isn't alignment indicative. It's based on how much free time I have, how much AI content there is, and my general level of interest. If I seem disengaged this game it's because of focusing on classes and the lack of content from a large portion of the playerlist.

Also, 6 year old scum meta isn't very useful, but you didn't need me to tell you that.
In post 624, Datisi wrote:that's what she said
:wink:
In post 645, Farkset wrote:I don't feel like lynching melody anymore
What changed?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #708 (isolation #33) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

@Mod: vote count is missing Drew's vote change on the previous page
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (isolation #34) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 694, Melody wrote:
In post 685, Alduskkel wrote:The strangest part about this is that your vote on me was ineffective as pressure because it was removed before I even posted again. The whole point of pressuring someone is to see how they react.You also voted me before I responded to your question, when you specifically said I was "pending further evaluation."Are you deliberately leaving out these important details?
We explained that with the hydra dissonance thing, did you not see Evening's post? Do you still think that's a valid reason, given our explanation?
And the pending further evaluation thing means you're an unsure; I feel like you're putting too much weight on the vote for reasons I don't really get, plus the context makes sense as well since our current vote was on Drew who we started liking.

~Dawn
I don't really like the hydra dissonance explanation. You guys seem fairly coordinated as of late, so why weren't you coordinated back then? Especially something as important as vote placement.
In post 698, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 691, Alduskkel wrote:Because in-context it was less "moving their vote to pressure another scumread" and more "moving their vote onto a new tasty wagon opportunity":
I remember melody scumreading me at that point in the game. Why is it one over the other
This is the only time Melody mentions scumreading you prior to and including the post where they vote you:
In post 136, Melody wrote:Dislike Cat's reaction to Fark's readslist. Obviously she's right on the point that the top 3 have no reason to be town, but the added on "Why did you feel the need to make a readslist?" feels like overkill. What are you hoping to accomplish asking that question? I see Cat's follow-up is that the readslist could be "scum trying to look busy". i disagree on the basis of suspecting people for early readslists >:x

~Evening
This isn't really a convincing case. Melody also didn't really try to get other people to vote you or further investigate your alignment by engaging with you -- it looks more like they just parked their vote on you.
In post 574, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I'm also not feeling his reason for scumreading Melody. I feel like it's pretty normal to join a growing wagon and even a bit townie as stubbornly parking on a wagon by yourself won't generate any meaningful pressure.
So if the growing wagon = your wagon, then you're suggesting the alternative was Melody parking their vote on me "by themselves" (actually Farkset was voting me as well). But how do they know whether or not the pressure is meaningful if they didn't even wait for me to post?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (isolation #35) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:00 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

I'm surprised Dunnstral didn't come here to vote me. Actually, can we talk about the fact that drew basically just dumped his vote on me and then dipped?

Iconeum, is your skitter vote serious?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #714 (isolation #36) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:09 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Are you still catching up on the thread?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #715 (isolation #37) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 709, Iconeum wrote:gonna be honest haven't read everything, but especially skitter and datisi townreads can you expand on those? Really curious what exactly makes you townread them.
oh wait i'm dumb you already answered that

anyway can I ask what your reads are
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (isolation #38) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:23 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

ok but don't hold your breath for dunnstral
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (isolation #39) » Thu May 21, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Alduskkel »

skitter can you summon me too
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (isolation #40) » Thu May 21, 2020 6:39 am

Post by Alduskkel »

WHO DARES TO SUMMON ME

oh hi skitter
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (isolation #41) » Thu May 21, 2020 6:41 am

Post by Alduskkel »

anyway drew's claim strikes me as town unless it's some weird gambit where one of his scumbuddies is the neighborizer (but that's super risky)

pedit: YES ABSOLUTELY CAN WE FINALLY GET THAT MELODY WAGON ROLLING FINALLY
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #884 (isolation #42) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Alduskkel »

imo Melody is scum and CSF is town

Melody flipping scum is definitely +equity for town!CSF

both scum would be surprising due to the wagon hop by Melody from me to CSF
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (isolation #43) » Thu May 21, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Alduskkel »

like I'm not townreading CSF based on what they've posted but more on how the rest of the game has behaved with regard to the slot, if that makes sense?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (isolation #44) » Thu May 21, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Because I'm kinda lynchalicious? Not only in this game but in a lot of my recent town games (Micros 900, 930, and 935) I've been suspected a lot, although it didn't always result in me getting lynched

Since Melody is a secret hydra they could easily be aware of this.

I can see Melody + brass but why do you throw in Jackson/Iconeum in there? Do they have associations with Melody?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (isolation #45) » Fri May 22, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 891, Melody wrote:You think scum!us are specifically targeting you? There's far easier pushes this game that draw less attention on the less vocal slots.

~Dawn
Disagree. Less vocal slots on average don't gain as much suspicion (at least D1) as more active slots that post things people find scummy or even just things people disagree with.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (isolation #46) » Sat May 23, 2020 9:31 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Beetlejuicing is when you show up in the thread after your name is mentioned, especially if it's people suspecting you

commonly considered a scumtell because it's survivalistic in nature
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (isolation #47) » Sat May 23, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Alduskkel »

Melody wrote:We'd stated many times surrounding that post that we had no scumreads and only had small scum impressions - one of those being Cats. That quoted post is not a "case" as you call it, so of course it's not convincing, it was just our thoughts on Cats at the time. What's your gripe?
I was responding to CSF saying this:
In post 698, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I remember melody scumreading me at that point in the game.
CSF said you were scumreading her so that's why I brought up your post.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (isolation #48) » Sat May 23, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Alduskkel »

datisi datisi datisi i summon thee

what are your thoughts on dunnstral and alimdia?

(also NM are you planning on actually doing something?)
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (isolation #49) » Sat May 23, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Alduskkel »

alright good talk
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1009 (isolation #50) » Sat May 23, 2020 11:58 am

Post by Alduskkel »

i'll give you a cookie if you vote melody
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1015 (isolation #51) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

My "gripe" is that it didn't really justify your vote on CSF. I wouldn't have a problem if in that same post you had voted CSF, but voting CSF after a wagon started to form and before you got any response from your vote on me is scummy.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (isolation #52) » Sun May 24, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Alduskkel »

@Mod: Drew is overdue for a prod.

In post 1019, skitter30 wrote:nm is gut-pinging me as town but i couldn't articulate this at all
how can you possibly have any read on NM
In post 1035, Farkset wrote:To be honest the recent alduskel is not bad, but like... it's late for me to reconsider his position, there's still the thing that i have seen huge resistance against his wagon and i feel like the almidia wagon is quite terrible atm and being used as a counterwagon to save him.
"Huge resistance" sounds like a fancy way of saying "skitter pointing out why my wagon sucks." And anyway, what makes the resistance to my wagon any different from the resistance to Melody's wagon?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (isolation #53) » Sun May 24, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Alduskkel »

I don't like you saying "posthumously" as though my lynch is set in stone.

JV I don't have much to say about. The early ignorance seemed feigned tbh and the alimdia vote was bad too.

The main issue I had with brass was his vote on me. I can't find anything AI about NM.

DP is the towniest of the 3. His 1v1 with you seemed like TvT to me.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (isolation #54) » Sun May 24, 2020 12:29 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

is no lynch even that bad when we're at an even number of players?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1067 (isolation #55) » Sun May 24, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

it's better to no lynch than to lynch a PR right?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1069 (isolation #56) » Sun May 24, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

then we probably shouldn't risk lynching JV or NM
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (isolation #57) » Mon May 25, 2020 12:44 am

Post by Alduskkel »

i guess that's the hammer? there's definitely 2-3 scum on my wagon. good luck tomorrow town :\
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1138 (isolation #58) » Mon May 25, 2020 12:50 am

Post by Alduskkel »

wait I thought DC's cop claim was a joke
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1141 (isolation #59) » Mon May 25, 2020 12:54 am

Post by Alduskkel »

@Melody: Dude I "sound like a broken record" because
you
sound like a broken record. You kept asking me about it over and over. I'm so sick of arguing about this because we're never going to agree.
In post 1110, Farkset wrote:Aldus clearly softclaimed VT
When did I do this?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (isolation #60) » Mon May 25, 2020 12:57 am

Post by Alduskkel »

This game is a frustrating shitshow. Feels like a goddamn repeat of the last time I played Pick Your Power.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (isolation #61) » Mon May 25, 2020 1:03 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 1145, Farkset wrote:
In post 1067, Alduskkel wrote:it's better to no lynch than to lynch a PR right?
In post 1069, Alduskkel wrote:then we probably shouldn't risk lynching JV or NM
Pretty clear softie of a VT

Also very good fakehammer from NM, the mod had actually closed the topic for a couple minutes and i fell for it too. I don't think you fell for it though, aldus? Was 1131 sincere?

-Farkran
It was sincere.

And yeah, you're right, I'm a VT. I tried to pick Neighborizer since I thought I'd have a good shot + I wanted to neighborize Datisi 'cause we talk a lot via site chat anyway, except it's a little awkward trying to avoid talking about this ongoing game so I figured neighborizing him was the solution. :P

It's also why I was quick to believe Drew was town for his claim.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (isolation #62) » Mon May 25, 2020 1:11 am

Post by Alduskkel »

In post 1160, DonCorleone wrote:Why is drew not a thing? Someone said he was a wagon earlier, why did that die?
Neighborizer claim seemed pretty town
Farkset wrote: 2 to 3 scum on your wagon looks like a lot though. Did you update your opinion after ?

-Farkran
Okay 3 scum might be a stretch, I was feeling upset when I thought I was hammered. But Melody and BH have very good odds of being scum imo.

pedit: oh god stop posting so I can post
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1191 (isolation #63) » Mon May 25, 2020 1:16 am

Post by Alduskkel »

What is "wim"?

I am very interested in a Melody lynch

@DC: Because claiming a partner's PR can easily drag 2 scum down instead of just 1
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (isolation #64) » Mon May 25, 2020 1:28 am

Post by Alduskkel »

lmao I actually forgot about that, I was going 100% off memory and the only thing I remembered was getting counterclaimed by a VT when I was town cop
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (isolation #65) » Mon May 25, 2020 1:36 am

Post by Alduskkel »

wait do you seriously want to lynch someone at this stage based on the number they picked?
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1220 (isolation #66) » Mon May 25, 2020 1:58 am

Post by Alduskkel »

i still think no lynch is a totally valid option since we have an even number of players

and sure there could be a 1-shot vig but there could also be a doctor or a commuter or a roleblocker or a pgo or any other number of roles that would leave us at odd numbers
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (isolation #67) » Mon May 25, 2020 2:28 am

Post by Alduskkel »

it upsets me how many people KNOW i'm town but are still voting me
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1855 (isolation #68) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:51 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

this one goes out to my homies

GG
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1859 (isolation #69) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:13 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

yeah NM killed farkset lol
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1865 (isolation #70) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

more like, good thing dunn pulled through with the guilty or else the town would still have won but it would have been way way way slower and more painful to watch
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1897 (isolation #71) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:01 am

Post by Alduskkel »

i'm cool with releasing scum PT, no redactions

Return to “Completed Open Games”