I
S
G
A
M
E
!

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2630 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:39 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2567, Menalque wrote:VOTE: dunn

this is de facto G-1 with NM in the game, let’s get an intent on dunn
Wtf is G
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2677 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:30 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2637, davesaz wrote:I'm torn between following two basic principles.

One basic principle is that you don't pressure suspected TPRs because they have greater utility on average than non-PRs. Especially in a game like this, you give them room to operate.

The other basic principle works like "duck typing" in programming. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck. Someone who isn't scumhunting, especially those making an effort to be present but not scumhunt, are typically scum. My gold standard for this is people either not expressing scumreads, or saying things about alignment opinions but never giving a real reason.

By the TPR principle I'm explicitly against pressuring the top 5-6 draft picks early in the game,
regardless of behavior
. They can be the last elims because the ones left standing are the ones most likely to be scum. If we have a doc we may get lucky and have more no-kill nights, extending the game to the point where a pure mechanical solve is possible. If we have 1-shots that are more useful the smaller the player list gets, we give them room and don't out them so that scum don't know who the real danger is.

By the not scumhunting principle, I'm being pinged by Dunnstral, Something_Smart, and Best Bird. 2/3 of those are especially annoying because people explicitly townread them for things that I would consider to be NAI at best and explicitly scumtells in most players. Not_Mafia will take his slot from a "weird but could be town" read straight to this category. The conflict between this principle and the TPR principle is obviously largest in Dunnstral.

I tend to SR people who don't acknowledge the TPR principle. Hoopla is a prime candidate for this award. I really don't give a shit what the numbers say about scum doubling or not doubling. The TPR principle overrides that. If you don't have an explicit reason to scumread a presumed TPR, you don't yeet them, period. One thing gives me pause here, and that's the "protect via suspecting" strategy. Scum will choose not to NK people that they think are easy miselims. I have to acknowledge that some players purposely "suspect" the players they have identified as likely TPRs so that scum won't kill them as universal town reads.

What this all boils down to is thinking for today (and possibly tomorrow) that we should eliminate either the soft guilty from N1 to rule it out, or an explicitly scummy or not scumhunting player from the later part of the draft. The only scenario that can actually burn us with this strategy is all 3 scum in the early part because they all picked low unique numbers and town got extremely unlucky to not double any of the scum low numbers. I'm not unwilling to eliminate Dunnstral because I can see him playing this way as scum, but I'm concerned about it being too early from a pure mechanical point of view.
tl;dr
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2771 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:14 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Dunnstral
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2775 (isolation #4) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2772, Menalque wrote:
In post 2771, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: Dunnstral
just wanna say that if dunn is scum this vote gets no cred whatsoever on future days, mmkay everyone
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2779 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2777, Menalque wrote:god fuckin damn it
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2785 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

My role sucks
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2787 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2784, Menalque wrote:think we're at
G-1
now btw
We can't have anyone at E-1 with Not_Mafia in the game

UNVOTE: Dunnstral
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2788 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2786, Menalque wrote:is it mafia goon?
No that's a good role
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2807 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:46 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2790, Menalque wrote:
In post 2785, Not_Mafia wrote:My role sucks
In post 2788, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2786, Menalque wrote:is it mafia goon?
No that's a good role
ohh, you rolled town cop, commiserations
Maybe
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2890 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2873, Menalque wrote:VOTE: dunn

@NM, i have a gift for you on this blessed day, please find it enclosed in the spoiler tag below!
Spoiler:
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2894 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Dumbstral
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2969 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I am not a cop
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2993 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I am the neighbouriser
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3002 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2997, petapan wrote:
In post 2993, Not_Mafia wrote:I am the neighbouriser
yeah, figured. JV neighborized uncrowned night 1, right?

minimum 1 in 5 in {me, infinity, menalque, dave, smart}.
Yup

I targetted Menalque last night but the action failed
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3004 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 3000, davesaz wrote:Dunnstral would have been neighborized before N_M repped in, right?
No, I neighboured Dunnstral cos he was the most familiar name on the playerlist
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3023 (isolation #16) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Nope
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3041 (isolation #17) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 3035, lilith2013 wrote:Calling bullshit on mena. I jailkept NM last night. I think mena is lying about being blocked to avoid having to give more results.

Also mena’s play D3 makes no sense as a cop receiving an innocent result on skitter. I want crumbs.
And to think I was going to spam knock knock jokes at Menalque all day, look at what you've cost us
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3042 (isolation #18) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:24 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

It's 14-0 now, I'm town
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3065 (isolation #19) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Menalque
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3157 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

You're who I felt like talking to
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3158 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

or, well, shitposting at
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3344 (isolation #22) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:02 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I can't believe anyone would accuse me of not trying
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3414 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 3410, Menalque wrote:N_M who did JV neighbourise N1?
Uncrowned
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3416 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 3415, Menalque wrote:Was there anything in the PT? Also, did you talk to dunn at all in the other PT?
Jackson and Uncrowned both had as their second most confident scum read. Jackson biggest scumread was Peta, Uncrowned's was TGP
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3417 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 3416, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 3415, Menalque wrote:Was there anything in the PT? Also, did you talk to dunn at all in the other PT?
Jackson and Uncrowned both had YOU* as their second most confident scum read. Jackson biggest scumread was Peta, Uncrowned's was TGP
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3419 (isolation #26) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Yes
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3421 (isolation #27) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Uncrowned just mourned his inevitable death night 2
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3423 (isolation #28) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Jackson mentioned his draft position, Uncrowned didn't really elaborate
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3602 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

So, when is this day gonna end?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3641 (isolation #30) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:43 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Wow I just came here to have a good time and I'm honestly feeling so attacked right now
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3667 (isolation #31) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 3664, Hoopla wrote:
In post 3635, davesaz wrote:Skimming the last couple days. I didn't have a note of tgp pick. On mobile and it's hard to post much that way for me. This info suggests a solution that I'm pretty confident in. I'll write more when I can use more than one finger.
wait, you only text with one finger? :shifty:
He's a boomer
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3753 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Is anyone actually townreading Menalque or is he just getting a pass for sheer volume of posts?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #3925 (isolation #33) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 3923, davesaz wrote:
In post 3913, Menalque wrote:Dave is either scum or incredibly lazy and incompetent town
At the moment I'm the only competent one here.
You eliminate the guilty.
Always.
WTF is wrong with people?
Okay boomer
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4053 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I have no idea what's happening anymore ngl
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4054 (isolation #35) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I have no idea what's happening anymore ngl
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4145 (isolation #36) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I didn't use my neighbourise
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4159 (isolation #37) » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:42 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I don't like neighbourhoods, my role is already proven by dunn
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4192 (isolation #38) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:37 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm just gonna sheep Menalque
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4235 (isolation #39) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm town
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4237 (isolation #40) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

dave probably
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4267 (isolation #41) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Infinity pushing this redirector angle is gross
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4269 (isolation #42) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I am confirmed
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4308 (isolation #43) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

This is Alex Jones territory
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4341 (isolation #44) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:13 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: SS
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4348 (isolation #45) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:39 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I targetted Hoopla but my action failed
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4350 (isolation #46) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

So people wouldn't complain that I didn't
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4352 (isolation #47) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

How was I to know my action failed?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4356 (isolation #48) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

How do we know I was targetted for the kill?

If I was, probably because of the redirector flip
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4357 (isolation #49) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

We should elim dave today, we know scum bussed and that hammer was bad
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4362 (isolation #50) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 4361, davesaz wrote:I think it's either 2/4/9 or 4/4/9 for a pattern.
What are these?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4363 (isolation #51) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Oh the role draft thing
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4367 (isolation #52) » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm gonna make a pro-gamer move

VOTE: davesaz
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4393 (isolation #53) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Just elim Dave, look at the abrupt hammer, he wanted to be on the wagon fearing I would come in and lolhammer
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4394 (isolation #54) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 4339, davesaz wrote:I think it's obvious at least one of them is scum, and have thought S_S might be scum the whole game.
I've had no confidence at all in anything but stuff that ended up being wrong. Might as well see if this is any better.
VOTE: Something_Smart
"oh lol geeze guys I could have gone either way so might as well lolhammer for no apparent reason"

Look at this scumfuckery
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4396 (isolation #55) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Probably the rabbitman
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4423 (isolation #56) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I’m town
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4425 (isolation #57) » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:30 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Is rabbit man confirmed JK or could he be roleblocker?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4434 (isolation #58) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 4429, davesaz wrote:VOTE: Hoopla
Lol look at this vote
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4440 (isolation #59) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 4437, Best Bird wrote:I really want to hammer this.

n_m pls bus your buddy for me. pls?
I'm always the hammer
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4441 (isolation #60) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

davesaz is basically scumclaiming
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4443 (isolation #61) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Smoke & Mirrors
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4445 (isolation #62) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: davesaz
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4449 (isolation #63) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 4440, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 4437, Best Bird wrote:I really want to hammer this.

n_m pls bus your buddy for me. pls?
I'm always the hammer
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4453 (isolation #64) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:24 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I ain't scum bro

VOTE: S&M
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4465 (isolation #65) » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:25 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE:
d
a
v
e
s
a
z

Return to “Completed Open Games”