Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Umlaut »

Haven't finished reading yet but agree with consensus that Skitter is town.
In post 41, T3 wrote:Datisi uses lowercase letters when he's scum.
I can't tell if this is a joke or not.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:36 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 151, Datisi wrote:why is skitter town?
Largely for , seems like legitimate misunderstanding that more likely comes from town as opposed to faking. And her progression regarding your first post, in -> -> -> , also has the feel of a genuine thought process that I think scum are unlikely to try and emulate.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Umlaut »

Happy to treat S_S as conftown here, I really don't believe this is some 500IQ strat by the scumteam of exactly {T3, S_S}
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:45 am

Post by Umlaut »

I'm also townreading the trust by T3, not to conftown levels but well above rand town (which is already, what, 7/9 subjectively?)
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 127, Datisi wrote:
In post 118, skitter30 wrote:And i get why scum would undermune townreads in general but why would i start the game doing so *on you*?
like ok uhhh this actually bothers me more than i initially thought. like this feels like some sorta bad-faith question, because the answer is obvious - i was one of the only people that posted so far, and arguably had the weirdest entrance.

but like, this is bothering me because it's implying that scum!skitter would need to have a ~super special reason~ to push exactly me, and i feel like it's also trying to undermine any read on me by implying that i'm wrong for implying that scum!skitter would have to have a ~super special reason~ to push exactly me when like, i never did that, i just said it generally

idk if i'm getting across what i'm thinking, but i feel like it's implying that i said there's a much bigger level of "planned push" into skitter's og scumlean on me, and then debunking that "planned push", when that was not something i ever actually said. i found her og scumlean "weird" first, and then i thought of "they give a vibe of not wanting me to get townread", but i didn't imply that was her Original Plan when scumleaning me

jesus fuck this is a word salad that is not getting out correctly
does anyone understand what i'm trying to say
Since no one else did that I noticed, I want to say I do understand what you are trying to say: you're suggesting Skitter is taking your suggestion that she tried to prevent people townreading some town player (which just happened to be you, Datisi), and misrepped it as suggesting Skitter tried to prevent people townreading
Datisi specifically
, as a means of dismissing it.

However, Datisi, you
did
actually say in that "this game is about townies getting correct townreads, and town!me is kinda... good at getting townread?" which contains an implicit suggestion that Skitter's motive would be preventing townreads on you specifically, not just on "some town player." So I don't know that you can fairly call that a misrepresentation.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #158 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:58 am

Post by Umlaut »

At this point "discussing mechanics is something scum are likely to do to look busy" is such a cliché that it is itself an example of safe things scum could say to look busy.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:10 am

Post by Umlaut »

Kind of want to trust T3 here and see what happens
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Umlaut »

I don't think it's unthinkable for scum!T3 to have as much bravado as displayed here, but I don't really see what he stands to gain from the play if he is scum (aside from the nebulous "looking town" benefit which is hard enough to predict that it would not really be a sufficient reason by itself)
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:01 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 302, Ich Troje wrote:I hate i cant vote people lmao
Ich is probtown
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:05 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 304, Umlaut wrote:
In post 302, Ich Troje wrote:I hate i cant vote people lmao
Ich is probtown
Actually on further reflection this is close to NAI; the sentiment is genuine but I could see that genuine sentiment coming from scum too since not being able to vote would still feel unnatural.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Umlaut »

Oh, I didn't even think about who they really are or even whether they're an alt at all, I'm not considering meta here.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Umlaut »

I signed up because the setup sounded interesting but now I have no idea what I'm actually supposed to be doing if I can't try and form wagons
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Umlaut »

TRUST: S_S

Honestly I was considering doing this anyway, so having someone suggest it works for me
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:12 am

Post by Umlaut »

Why does this clear S_S if T3's trust didn't? It's not as if he can just flash-trust me without raising questions about why he didn't do the same to T3.

I thought S_S was pretty effectively cleared by T3's trust so that's fine with me, but I don't know what you two are thinking here.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 375, skitter30 wrote:If ss is scum with town-t3 he takes the trust, no reason not to
If he's scum with t3 he cant, so there was a lingering question of if ss/t3 was possible

But in that universe he would take thr trust with you

But he didnt

So that effectively means he's either scum with both of u (impossible), scum who isnt taking the trust (and thus damaging his own wincon), or just town
As I said and Datisi also said, in the universe with the {S_S, T3} scumteam it would basically be throwing for him to instantly trust me back because it all but confirms T3 is scum; even if we weren't sure no one would ever pair with him.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Umlaut »

Downgrading my townread on Skitter for this actually, she seems to be lacking in normal town paranoia
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I'm getting towny feelings about Datisi mostly because I like his reasoning process, but trying to discount those feelings because I don't think that's actually a good reason to townread someone, but they're still there
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 405, skitter30 wrote:ok sure i can understand your objection in the first paragraph. i disagree that the natural conclusion is that i ought to be null-reading you, which is what you seem to be implying you expect of me here instead

i think we're going around in circles tho, we don't really have to quibble semantics
i still find your read on me unsatisfactory, and you believe i may or may not be making up reasons to scumread you basically is where we're at i think
Hmm.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (isolation #18) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:48 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I may have noticed something but I don't want to say what just yet because of reasons.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (isolation #19) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 416, Vulture wrote:Perhaps some of that is that, it feels opportunistic to back down from the "argument" here that they're having (from Skitter's side) when there is a bit of questioning on her now. I think in an ideal world though I should play safe and say we don't let either of Skitter/Datisi pair because it feels like the sort of fight where it's T/S but I'm not sure enough on my townread to go "yes pair please."
This is the thing I was "hmm"-ing about, felt like a situation where the town reaction if you think you're getting shitpushed by your scumread would be to push back even harder but there and in the followup posts Skitter is instead taking a much more "let's agree to disagree and move on" tack?

Not that I think it would be good for the game to go into a post war between Skitter and Datisi but I don't expect town!her to be so actively trying to drop the subject in this situation.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (isolation #20) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:49 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I wouldn't be too opposed to S_S accepting but given that he's generally seen as town I wonder if it's not better to keep his voice around.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:41 am

Post by Umlaut »

I was going to ask if I should put out some more trusts before exiting the game but I think it's not really helpful.

You all should at least strongly consider that maybe T3 is just town. And don't be too confident in Skitter, I've soured on that slot a bit.

Datisi and Skitter are not scum together. (I'm trying to get in the habit of saying things out loud that I think are too obvious to say out loud)

There's not really anyone right now whom I would call a hard townread but I like both Vulture and Ich Troje for town.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:45 am

Post by Umlaut »

Even though getting rid of strong townreads on purpose feels like it has downsides, I like that town isn't succumbing to fancy play syndrome here. We win if enough town exit, S_S and I are town, we should exit. Keep playing like this and we win.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:51 am

Post by Umlaut »

I give my blessing to the Vulture / Ich Troje pairing
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Most of my reads were wrong and getting myself exited early was by far the most useful thing I could have done this game.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Completed Open Games”