Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:02 am

Post by furtiveglance »

This is my first non-Newbie game, I think this setup is magic. To everyone claiming Merlin, I am not aMused.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:17 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Hi everyone, I'll read through, give my thoughts on players, and vote tonight when I get home. As for the strategy talk, I read a previous game of this setup and town actually lost the main game, and the mafia wouldn't have guessed the Merlins correctly. Therefore we might have slightly more wiggle room in terms of Muses influencing the game or even claiming outright than you might expect. The main thing is to ensure we at least win the main game.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Ok, I'm finally back home and ready to blow this game wide open. This post will serve as reads on everyone (10 other players!), and the next post will cover strategy/a previous game I read/confusion.

butterflies
: I townread butterflies. They seem to be actively trying to find mafia, and they explain their thought process behind each vote/suspicion well, which you don't always get here, not pointing fingers at anyone in particular. It's +town that they focus on scumreads rather than townreads. I think I will use this opportunity to answer their questions posed in - thanks for the bone Flea! 1) Read down to find out my suspicions 2) Again, this post has the answers. 3) I haven't played with a hydra before. I now understand that ButterDrew is the same as NancyFly - please keep the names consistent. I haven't really discerned between the two of you - you haven't disagreed on anything yet. That is to say you are just as easy to read as each other because you have been one entity so far. The kind of things I use to scumhunt aren't really be determined by personality - I try not to look at tone or playstyle but rather game analysis/voting.

Galron
: Again, only a few posts, but they are actively voting and seem to be scumhunting which earns them a tentative townlean.

Gamma Emerald
: Again a low frequency poster, but I like the frankness and direct analytical thought. Townlean

Dunnstral
: 1 post so no read. Their post was strategy talk rather than analysis - not alignment indicative.

Enchant
: In the null range for me with so few posts. I'd like to see more analysis. My thinking with post count is that it doesn't determine alignment by any means, unless you are below a certain post threshold i.e. extremely low posting is scum indicative. But it's day 1 so we shall see.

ProgoWoshua
: Almost no analysis - the one exception is defending my first post as a joke. I'll have to say no read here.

implosion
: Guilty of giving information rather than analysis. Their one contribution reads-wise seems to be a townlean on me. Despite giving a lot of text and theory, I don't know who they think are scum and they seem to be looking busy rather than actually thinking about the playerlist. Null/scumlean.

Titus
: is just bizarre. How did you not think my first post was a joke? Did you miss the pun? I was serious that I like the setup, yeah. I wasn't serious that I wasn't amused. I was amused by other people's entrances and made a joke about them. This apparent scumread on me is so baseless that it might be too risky for scum to do, as scum would probably be more careful and have more coherent reasoning. That said, I think Titus wanted an easy read and chose me, so they are a scumlean for now.

Umlaut
: I don't like the OMGUS on butterflies. Defending themself is one thing, but how does that correlate with an apparent scumread on butterflies? Although their tone is quite aggressive which is sometimes +town, I don't really like looking at tone so it's a scumlean for now.

Noraa
: Probably my top pick to be mafia. is +scum for 1) giving a vague explanation for suspecting me and 2) the joke about the confirm thing seems to walk back/dismiss their own scumread of me. Beyond this one post, they have spent more time arguing about strategy than their reads (similar to implosion).

VOTE: Noraa
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Here is where I will outline my thoughts on strategy. viewtopic.php?t=83211 is the game I read in which mafia won outright. In post game one of the mafia guessed the Merlins and were wrong. In essence I am agreeing with implosion that our Muses must influence the game in order for town to win, and I don't want players to overestimate how easy it is for mafia to guess all three Muses and match them to each 'Painter's Block'. I agree that maximum 1 Muse claims, but if we had no Muses it would be 3 in 11 and Mafia would easily win. Our power is the Muses and we need them to influence things. I know this is a completely new game, but I want to learn from the previous game that was played. I wasn't advocating for lots of claiming, just for Muses to subtlely influence things.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:14 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Two pages have been added since I went to sleep. I don't think I 'peaced out' for more than about 15 hours. I'll make a few points here. Firstly, butterflies is scumreading both Progo and me for comments about strategy. This is inherently both redundant and pointless, because 1) all we said was that Muses should influence the game rather than leaving us 8v3 Mountainous (which is exactly what implosion said in , and 2) supposing I was mafia, or Progo was mafia (which they might well be), why would we make (according to butterflies) posts that aren't protown? I appreciate the attempts to solve, but this strategy talk is really NAI for me. I only read alignment into it when people aren't giving enough analysis. The TLDR on that one is scumreading players for strategy talk is not valid. Find new reasons to scumread me, because a scumcase based on my strategic Musings is very weak indeed.

I've also received some pushback for my scumread on Noraa. I don't give players +town for tunneling (as ze seem to be doing with Dunnstral). As I explained in my readslist, I don't see how Dunnstral could be anything more than Null with how little they've posted. Experienced scum know that poeple give towncredit for pushing. I think what is harder to do as mafia is give reads on the entire player list, which is what I'd like to see from zir. butterflies says in that Noraa is obviously not getting eliminated today. Why not? and why does that make zir a 'safe vote'?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #180 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:38 am

Post by furtiveglance »

And those posts couldn't possibly be unrelated?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:12 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I engaged with people's townreads on Noraa in , explaining why I disagreed. As for Dunnstral, I'm only defending them because I think their vote on Noraa was probably RVS and I still can't see that they 'slipped'. Dunnstral might be mafia, I don't know. I have them as a null read and would like more reads from them.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:51 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I will unvote Noraa for now, my scumread could have been to do with playstyle. I am strongly opposed to the Progo vote, and would prefer Titus/Umlaut to Dunnstral if possible. Thoughts?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:51 am

Post by furtiveglance »

UNVOTE: Noraa
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:57 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Progo has seemed pretty straightforward and open, I had them as null but I think I'll change it to a townread. Titus has been coasting a bit and and I still don't like . As for Umlaut, they omgussed butterflies but have now backed down, and seem fairly passive.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:59 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Gamma you say Progo's defence of me felt like it was informed/ulterior motive. I know I'm town, so I know we aren't paired scum
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #207 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:06 am

Post by furtiveglance »

They clearly just pointed out the pun in my entrance. People really read into the weirdest things.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:11 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Again, I refer to this setup being 3v8 mountainous unless Muses influence the game. People then ran with the word 'influence' and said I wanted all Muses to claim with their colours. Progo is just speaking sense here
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:18 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 213, Umlaut wrote:
In post 201, furtiveglance wrote:I will unvote Noraa for now, my scumread could have been to do with playstyle. I am strongly opposed to the Progo vote, and would prefer Titus/Umlaut to Dunnstral if possible. Thoughts?
What is convincing you you're wrong about Noraa here? As of you still disagreed with the townreads there, what's happened in the past page to change your mind?
I have been guilty of misreading people with this more casual playstyle before.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:24 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 217, Umlaut wrote:
In post 205, furtiveglance wrote:Gamma you say Progo's defence of me felt like it was informed/ulterior motive. I know I'm town, so I know we aren't paired scum
Gamma specifically said "Regardless of furtive's alignment" in , the post you are referencing. Whatever ulterior motive he's talking about he is not specifically saying the two of you have to be scum together
Regardless, I don't get the feeling Progo is defending me for 'towncred', especially when they are literally just pointing out the obvious
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:27 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 238, butterflies wrote:
In post 229, Noraa wrote:Dunn/furtive/?
the game is basically solved~
Progo?

That’s my best guess for the scumteam.

All three seem to be circle jerking each other.

~Nancyfly
Don't tell me you're a reddit user....

Just to give some more serious thoughts on the game, I think implosion's recent posts have been quite towny. I previoualy had them null/scum because I thought their tone was too neutral/informational. I'm finding this game quite difficult to play at the moment. Obviously it's really important to listen to your townreads, but I know I have an important role to play as well.

Just to recap my updated reads, butrerflies, Gamma, implosion, Noraa I think are town. I still townlean Progo just based on gut read. I think Dunnstral, Enchant and Galron are in the null range (the latter for being inactive). I think Titus and Umlaut are my biggest scumreads.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:20 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 249, ProgoWoshua wrote:I admit that I have been scummy. Because of that, I find it suspicious how furtive is still on my side after all this time. Definitely feels like they have some ulterior motive.

I'm willing to sheep in the Dunn/Furtive theory.

VOTE: Dunnstral

If this is wrong, you might flashwagon me instead of Noraa, because I doubt my reputation would recover after that.
I read Newbie 2087 and you sound pretty similar. That's why I townread you. You're saying I have an ulterior motive, I trust you're not saying you're mafia, so you think I'm mafia defending you (town). Explain how that makes sense?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:21 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 252, Enchant wrote:
In post 250, Umlaut wrote:I want to understand the Dunnstral case because it seems like a lot of people are in enough agreement to put him at L-1 but I just... don't. It seems like it's Noraa saying "trust me folks Dunn is absolutely scum, I know scum!Dunn when I see it" and everyone else going along with it. I mean Dunn could be scum just like anyone who isn't towntelling could be scum, but I don't see anything to make me pick them out of the lineup. What am I missing?
Really.

VOTE: Dunnstral
I believe that was hammer, if you weren't aware. Why hammer so fast?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:27 am

Post by furtiveglance »

We had 10 days left......I really hope this flips red
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:34 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Current reads:

butterflies
: I reassessed both butterflies and Noraa after that Dunnstral flip, but I've landed town on both. It's not just the high post count, but both players are either playing incredibly transparently or faking a level of transparency that should be impossible to fake.

Noraa
: fireisredsir suggested in that it's unlikely both butterflies and Noraa are town. I had doubts about Noraa yesterday, but ze seem more town than ever after being so wrong. I understand if that doesn't seem logical, but zir doubting in the twilight seemed genuine to me.

fireisredsir
: Progo was null/town but fire has quickly become a strong townread - and are full of analysis which is great. They agree with my scumread on Umlaut and I agree with their take on Enchant which I will explain below.

implosion
: I like the vote on Enchant but not much else beyond that. is too vague, 'maybe Galron or Titus' feels unsubstantiated. They make a lot of posts which are easy for scum to make - is LAMIST. That said I would rather not eliminate implosion as they could become more town for me after some flips.

Galron
: Coasty like me. Not enough for me to get a read on yet.

Titus
: Voted Dunnstral yesterday with no explanation. Voted implosion today with no explanation. No analysis all game but unlike Galron, I get scummy vibes from Titus. I don't like the day 1 focus on Muses/wifom and she sussed me for a joke in my first post. I think I can tell when other town suspect me, and this is not it. A red flip wouldn't surprise me at all, and I can now see an Enchant/Titus pair after she 1) failed to mention the lolhammer yesterday and 2)voted implosion who later voted Enchant.

Umlaut
: 'Policy voting' Enchant pinged me. I wouldn't policy vote someone I thought was town. I also still think omgussing butterflies day 1 was scummy, followed by voting Progo who's slot is now town in my eyes. Seems to be pairing with implosion. I can't see implosion/Umlaut as much as I can see Enchant/Titus, but scum might not openly pair anyway.

Enchant
: Hammered a town, then had some very awkward twilight chat. Not good. Other players have mentioned that 'lolhammering' is part of Enchant's meta, but like fireisredsir said in , her play seems scum-motivated to me. I'm slightly wary of voting for Enchant as implosion and Umlaut have started the vote quite early today, and they are null and scum respectively for me. However, individually Enchant is my biggest scumread.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (isolation #20) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 5:49 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 437, Umlaut wrote:
In post 434, furtiveglance wrote:
Umlaut
: 'Policy voting' Enchant pinged me. I wouldn't policy vote someone I thought was town. I also still think omgussing butterflies day 1 was scummy, followed by voting Progo who's slot is now town in my eyes. Seems to be pairing with implosion. I can't see implosion/Umlaut as much as I can see Enchant/Titus, but scum might not openly pair anyway.
I don't think Enchant is town. Where are you getting that I think they're town? Enchant's hammer was bad, their reaction to Dunn's twilight posts was bad for the reasons Noraa has already given, and the excuses they're making today are just wildly implausible (not to mention, as implo said, why even make excuses for doing what you always do as town, unless you have a guilty conscience about it?)
You should vote your scumreads, is the point I was making. I don't agree in principle with policy votes.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:39 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 441, butterflies wrote:
Umlaut
: 'Policy voting' Enchant pinged me.
I wouldn't policy vote someone I thought was town
. I also still think omgussing butterflies day 1 was scummy, followed by voting Progo who's slot is now town in my eyes. Seems to be pairing with implosion. I can't see implosion/Umlaut as much as I can see Enchant/Titus, but scum might not openly pair anyway.
I don't think Enchant is town. Where are you getting that I think they're town? Enchant's hammer was bad, their reaction to Dunn's twilight posts was bad for the reasons Noraa has already given, and the excuses they're making today are just wildly implausible (not to mention, as implo said, why even make excuses for doing what you always do as town, unless you have a guilty conscience about it?)
Wait what? Does furtive have an enchant tmi read?

~Nancyfly
What are you accusing me of here? Being mafia I guess, but what tmi?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (isolation #22) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 6:57 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 448, butterflies wrote:
In post 443, furtiveglance wrote:
Umlaut
. I also still think omgussing butterflies day 1 was scummy, followed by voting Progo who's slot is now town in my eyes. Seems to be pairing with implosion. I can't see implosion/Umlaut as much as I can see Enchant/Titus, but scum might not openly pair anyway.

~Nancyfly
Policy voting a slot doesn’t necessarily mean that slot is town but unless it’s either extreme or near elo. it’s usually not a good reason to vote someone. So, you have enchant as your strongest sr but you just accused Umlaut of voting someone they think is town?

That’s how it reads to me like you maybe possibly have some tmi read on enchant.

~Nancyfly
You're not making a lot of sense here. Yes Enchant is my strongest scumread. That doesn't mean I am 100% convinced Enchant is mafia, hence Umlaut (another scumread of mine) voting Enchant for a bad reason (policy voting) gave me pause. I did not accuse of Umlaut of thinking Enchant was town. I accused Umlaut of voting Enchant for a bad reason, as policy voting doesn't take a player's alignment into account.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (isolation #23) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:00 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I currently have two theories: Enchant/Titus is my favourite solve, but if Enchant is town I'm looking at Umlaut/implosion. If I had to vote right now I would vote for Enchant, but I want to use more of the day for discussion.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (isolation #24) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:21 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 460, butterflies wrote:
Umlaut
In post 454, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 448, butterflies wrote:
In post 443, furtiveglance wrote:
Umlaut

~Nancyfly
Policy voting a slot doesn’t necessarily mean that slot is town but unless it’s either extreme or near elo. it’s usually not a good reason to vote someone. So, you have enchant as your strongest sr but you just accused Umlaut of voting someone they think is town?

That’s how it reads to me like you maybe possibly have some tmi read on enchant.

~Nancyfly
You're not making a lot of sense here. Yes Enchant is my strongest scumread. That doesn't mean I am 100% convinced Enchant is mafia, hence Umlaut (another scumread of mine) voting Enchant for a bad reason (policy voting) gave me pause. I did not accuse of Umlaut of thinking Enchant was town. I accused Umlaut of voting Enchant for a bad reason, as policy voting doesn't take a player's alignment into account.
I have bolded your quote. You said you wouldn’t have policy voted someone you thought was town, implying Umlaut thought enchant is town, now you say that isn’t the case. But you did say that, not that he voted enchant for a “bad reason”.

~Nancyfly
The point I was making is that Umlaut should only vote Enchant if he actually scumreads her, not just 'policy' for the lolhammer. I think that's the last I'll say on this matter.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:34 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 469, butterflies wrote:@furtive, what do you make of Titus having 0 response to your sr on them?

~Nancyfly
It's not really +scum and Titus said they would respond soon, but doesn't change my scumread either.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #503 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:03 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 499, butterflies wrote:
enchant/Umlaut/furtive

Remember this when we die.

~Nancyfly
I actually agree with Enchant and Umlaut both being scummy. I think Enchant is the best vote today. I can't see Enchant/Umlaut together though. Obviously bussing exists, I just can't see why scum would do it in this setup, in which Town has a lot of information. Mafia scumreading teammates and townreading town seems like very bad strategy. I admit to not having a complete team in the same way that you do, but I think a more realistic solve is Enchant/Titus if scum!Enchant and Umlaut/implosion if town!Enchant. Galron could be scum in either case but I'm not sure on them yet.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (isolation #27) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not mafia. I'll be impressed if you're right about Enchant/Umlaut, but I would warn against relying on meta too much. That's how we quickhammered town yesterday, because of a 'meta read'.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (isolation #28) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 507, butterflies wrote:
In post 505, furtiveglance wrote:I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not mafia. I'll be impressed if you're right about Enchant/Umlaut, but I would warn against relying on meta too much. That's how we quickhammered town yesterday, because of a 'meta read'.
I hate to disappoint you but saying you’re not scum, does absolutely nothing to change my read on you. I am not easily manipulated.

~Nancyfly
Help me understand your read on me. I hope it's not just thinking I seem towny and therefore pinning me as 'the deep wolf'.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #511 (isolation #29) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 510, butterflies wrote:
In post 509, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 507, butterflies wrote:
In post 505, furtiveglance wrote:I hate to disappoint you, but I'm not mafia. I'll be impressed if you're right about Enchant/Umlaut, but I would warn against relying on meta too much. That's how we quickhammered town yesterday, because of a 'meta read'.
I hate to disappoint you but saying you’re not scum, does absolutely nothing to change my read on you. I am not easily manipulated.

~Nancyfly
Help me understand your read on me. I hope it's not just thinking I seem towny and therefore pinning me as 'the deep wolf'.
I have a freaking huge gutping on you, and my rate on these is pretty damned good. Problem is they can be wrong but any time I ignore them, they're right.

So far, you've done absolutely jack to show me you're town. You're not inactive, but you're not exactly prodding and poking anything either to my memory.

There is absolutely a deepwolf being setup here
, in the current thread state it would be foolish not to.

Again, my lucidity is questionable currently so I'm wanting to reinforce things before I commit to them. But I have caused players to rage by catching them out on these gutpings.

And of all the games to get them in... this one would be amazing if its right.

-Psychoactive Butterflea.
I'm not entirely sure how one sets up a deepwolf, can you explain the logic? And your insistence on the existence of such a thing does sound a little bit baby pigeons... unless you just mean that mafia will try not to be scumread/voted, which is standard.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Fair enough. I hope your feelings change. For what it's worth I townread you as much as I ever have. It's partly the hydra and partly the high frequency posting, but also a gut read. I also get the sense mafia might be townreading you in this game. In my experience there's usually a player everyone kind of collectively agrees is town. I think if you're mafia you probably just deserve the win for the amount of effort you've put in. I just wanted to explain my TR in case you think I have an unjustified townread on you even though you scumread me.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:22 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 525, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 102, furtiveglance wrote:Ok, I'm finally back home and ready to blow this game wide open. This post will serve as reads on everyone (10 other players!), and the next post will cover strategy/a previous game I read/confusion.

butterflies
: I townread butterflies. They seem to be actively trying to find mafia, and they explain their thought process behind each vote/suspicion well, which you don't always get here, not pointing fingers at anyone in particular. It's +town that they focus on scumreads rather than townreads. I think I will use this opportunity to answer their questions posed in - thanks for the bone Flea! 1) Read down to find out my suspicions 2) Again, this post has the answers. 3) I haven't played with a hydra before. I now understand that ButterDrew is the same as NancyFly - please keep the names consistent. I haven't really discerned between the two of you - you haven't disagreed on anything yet. That is to say you are just as easy to read as each other because you have been one entity so far. The kind of things I use to scumhunt aren't really be determined by personality - I try not to look at tone or playstyle but rather game analysis/voting.

Galron
: Again, only a few posts, but they are actively voting and seem to be scumhunting which earns them a tentative townlean.
furtive, i notice here that for galron, you start with the phrase "Again, only a few posts". that would imply that someone you previously mentioned also only had a few posts. however, he is 2nd highest on your list, following only butterflies, who had quite a few posts at this point.

do you remember, did you originally have the names in a different order, and switched things around?
Yeah, I always start with the order the mod gives on page 1 then order reads from town to scum
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:23 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 529, butterflies wrote:
In post 248, furtiveglance wrote:Just to give some more serious thoughts on the game, I think implosion's recent posts have been quite towny. I previoualy had them null/scum because I thought their tone was too neutral/informational. I'm finding this game quite difficult to play at the moment. Obviously it's really important to listen to your townreads, but I know I have an important role to play as well.

Just to recap my updated reads, butrerflies, Gamma, implosion, Noraa I think are town. I still townlean Progo just based on gut read. I think Dunnstral, Enchant and Galron are in the null range (the latter for being inactive). I think Titus and Umlaut are my biggest scumreads.
When did your read on Galron change from second highest town to null?

~Nancyfly
Posting declined proportional to game time
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:02 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I don't want to rush today but in case people missed my intent to vote Enchant I will vote her now

VOTE: Enchant
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #557 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:17 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 555, butterflies wrote:Furtive’s entire progression on me is hella weird. He was practically almost trying to bribe me with a lock townread to get me to tr him, after consistently having me as his #1 tr already and now that I pushed him, he’s suddenly in an extreme hurry to rush the day, despite claiming the contrary.

Maybe it’s just common sense and not a “hero solve”?

~Nancyfly
This 'solve' seems like a bit of a fixation. I'm in no rush to end the day. I voted for my scumread as have several others. You seem to be making up reasons to vote me. Do as you please, I think we as a town will make the right call regardless. You're by no means the first to incorrectly scumread me - see Newbie 2088 for instance - but I must say you're one of the most abrasive.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (isolation #35) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I want to contribute something but my reads haven't really changed. The one thing I have noticed is implosion giving more analysis recently - why is Galron now a scumread to you more than before? I think they just dipped from the game.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (isolation #36) » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I am hunting - I have given my opinion already. I need flips
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #626 (isolation #37) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:46 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 623, butterflies wrote:
furtiveglance wrote:I am hunting - I have given my opinion already. I need flips
You can always hunt. Prod reads, update reads.
What you're doing basically is busywork. Designed to make you look good. I've thrown you a couple bones along this but honestly that newbie smell just ain't right on you.

You need flips for associatives, not in our case because frankly DAAAAAAAAAAMN NANCYS GOOOOOOOOOD. and ngl I fully agree with her having gone over it myself.

You got prodded too meaning you're inactive, are you genuinely that out of avenues to explore that the solution is to idle? Cause the thing is to me your solidifying our solve with your inactivity. You've showed critical thinking and analysis skills above what I'd expect of someone tip-toe-ing out of the newbie queue - which also tells me you have potential to be daaaaamned good.
You've cited a newbie game in your posts here as meta - I'm not a fan of searching out peoples meta I prefer to use live meta, my own experiences of playing with/against someone. Are you telling me if I compare you there to here I'll find someone who starts to slank when apparently out of things to explore?

I've been in situations like this before. Not much is happening and the game has kind of stalled - I'm actually in the majority being fairly inactive. If I re-read the game a thousand times I don't think I'd have some kind of epiphany. As Town in this setup I'm extra conscious of how I act, and it's also more important than usual to listen to your townreads/consensus. I think we are in a good place with the vote today, if Enchant happens to flip blue then it's on them for the hammer.

-Butterflea got lucid and brainpower again.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (isolation #38) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:30 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 627, butterflies wrote:Two things, furtive.

Spoiler: Thing one
A stale game state only helps scum. Keep the game moving to show you're town.

Spoiler: Thing two
In post 626, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 623, butterflies wrote:
furtiveglance wrote:I am hunting - I have given my opinion already. I need flips
You can always hunt. Prod reads, update reads.
What you're doing basically is busywork. Designed to make you look good. I've thrown you a couple bones along this but honestly that newbie smell just ain't right on you.

You need flips for associatives, not in our case because frankly DAAAAAAAAAAMN NANCYS GOOOOOOOOOD. and ngl I fully agree with her having gone over it myself.

You got prodded too meaning you're inactive, are you genuinely that out of avenues to explore that the solution is to idle? Cause the thing is to me your solidifying our solve with your inactivity. You've showed critical thinking and analysis skills above what I'd expect of someone tip-toe-ing out of the newbie queue - which also tells me you have potential to be daaaaamned good.
You've cited a newbie game in your posts here as meta - I'm not a fan of searching out peoples meta I prefer to use live meta, my own experiences of playing with/against someone. Are you telling me if I compare you there to here I'll find someone who starts to slank when apparently out of things to explore?

-Butterflea got lucid and brainpower again.
I've been in situations like this before. Not much is happening and the game has kind of stalled - I'm actually in the majority being fairly inactive. If I re-read the game a thousand times I don't think I'd have some kind of epiphany. As Town in this setup I'm extra conscious of how I act, and it's also more important than usual to listen to your townreads/consensus. I think we are in a good place with the vote today,
if Enchant happens to flip blue
then it's on them for the hammer.
In post 2, numberQ wrote:
Setup:

Chromavalon
  • There are 3 Mafia Goons (or Painter's Blocks, per the flavor). One is
    Red
    , one is
    Yellow
    , and one is
    Blue
Good slip. Thank you for confirming you and enchant are scum.

Thing two is pretty important btw, everyone should have a lil read of that one.

-Butterflea.
This is a very bizarre reach. I play on another site (mafia.gg) where Town are Blue and Mafia are Red. I forgot that Town are Green here. I was obviously saying that if Enchant is town, it's their own fault for the hammer and not on me. How does the following sentence make sense to you: If Enchant is *scum*, it's on them for the hammer. That doesn't make sense.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (isolation #39) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:33 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Scumread me for other reasons all you want - this one is just ridiculous.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (isolation #40) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:40 am

Post by furtiveglance »

It's easy to verify I am telling the truth, my background is on mafia.gg where Blue is Town and Red is mafia. Your theory was that Enchant is the Blue Painter's Block and I said Blue instead of scum? I was saying if they're town at this point it's their fault for being so scummy, not my fault for scumreading them. I don't see what you were seeing at all......
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #682 (isolation #41) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:17 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 676, butterflies wrote:
In post 668, furtiveglance wrote:It's easy to verify I am telling the truth, my background is on mafia.gg where Blue is Town and Red is mafia. Your theory was that Enchant is the Blue Painter's Block and I said Blue instead of scum? I was saying if they're town at this point it's their fault for being so scummy, not my fault for scumreading them. I don't see what you were seeing at all......
See mafia.gg has blue as town, not as scum... by your own admission and my own lurking.

So why would you say blue instead of scum?

-butterflea
Is it not clear what I meant? If Enchant is Blue (town), in terms of apportioning blame if we were to lose, I would blame Enchant for the scummy nature of their hammer. I used Blue meaning town. I did not use Blue meaning scum - my point would make no sense.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (isolation #42) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:26 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Italiano, Galron didn't say much. You said you had been following the game - what are your reads so far?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (isolation #43) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:46 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 688, butterflies wrote:In that case fire, I can't help you. If you can work out why furtive is voting enchant who is now a townread in a game where furtive has by their own admission said they're being particular with their vote and need to listen to their townreads, then let me know.

You do not vote your TRs with that long left on the timer.
You do not sit there happily with the game going stagnant with over a week left and your vote parked on a TR.
Furtive has TMI'd Enchant as blue.
Enchant has pretty much confirmed they are blue.

I will not drop this as Furtive has perspective slipped earlier.
In post 66, furtiveglance wrote:Hi everyone, I'll read through, give my thoughts on players, and vote tonight when I get home. As for the strategy talk, I read a previous game of this setup and town actually lost the main game, and the mafia wouldn't have guessed the Merlins correctly. Therefore we might have slightly more wiggle room in terms of Muses influencing the game or even claiming outright than you might expect. The main thing is to ensure we at least win the main game.
There is only one game for town. scum have 2 games, one to solve Muses, the other to elim all town. Both me and Nancy spotted this post as questionable. I threw a bone at the time, but nah. Too many slips and too much evidence at this point.

We yeet either furtive or enchant tbh, cause the other gets yeet tomorrow.
and yes, I am threatening the Tunnel'o'flea.

-Butterflea.
Enchant has never been a townread of mine. That was your own invention. Anyone who has read my posts should know this. As for my comment about the 'main game', I'm just conscious that mafia have a secondary win con - which they weren't close to completing in a previous game when town lost outright, so town has slightly more leeway regarding Muses than people might think. So both of these points are redundant. If you think my posts are otherwise 'fake' I can't really help you, that's just a matter of opinion.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (isolation #44) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:55 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I admire the creativity. Respond to my last post maybe? Where did I townread Enchant for instance?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (isolation #45) » Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 696, butterflies wrote:
In post 503, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 499, butterflies wrote:
enchant/Umlaut/furtive

Remember this when we die.

~Nancyfly
I actually agree with Enchant and Umlaut both being scummy. I think Enchant is the best vote today. I can't see Enchant/Umlaut together though. Obviously bussing exists, I just can't see why scum would do it in this setup, in which Town has a lot of information. Mafia scumreading teammates and townreading town seems like very bad strategy. I admit to not having a complete team in the same way that you do, but I think a more realistic solve is Enchant/Titus if scum!Enchant and Umlaut/implosion if town!Enchant. Galron could be scum in either case but I'm not sure on them yet.
In post 692, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 688, butterflies wrote:In that case fire, I can't help you. If you can work out why furtive is voting enchant who is now a townread in a game where furtive has by their own admission said they're being particular with their vote and need to listen to their townreads, then let me know.

You do not vote your TRs with that long left on the timer.
You do not sit there happily with the game going stagnant with over a week left and your vote parked on a TR.
Furtive has TMI'd Enchant as blue.
Enchant has pretty much confirmed they are blue.

I will not drop this as Furtive has perspective slipped earlier.
In post 66, furtiveglance wrote:Hi everyone, I'll read through, give my thoughts on players, and vote tonight when I get home. As for the strategy talk, I read a previous game of this setup and town actually lost the main game, and the mafia wouldn't have guessed the Merlins correctly. Therefore we might have slightly more wiggle room in terms of Muses influencing the game or even claiming outright than you might expect. The main thing is to ensure we at least win the main game.
There is only one game for town. scum have 2 games, one to solve Muses, the other to elim all town. Both me and Nancy spotted this post as questionable. I threw a bone at the time, but nah. Too many slips and too much evidence at this point.

We yeet either furtive or enchant tbh, cause the other gets yeet tomorrow.
and yes, I am threatening the Tunnel'o'flea.

-Butterflea.
Enchant has never been a townread of mine. That was your own invention. Anyone who has read my posts should know this. As for my comment about the 'main game', I'm just conscious that mafia have a secondary win con - which they weren't close to completing in a previous game when town lost outright, so town has slightly more leeway regarding Muses than people might think. So both of these points are redundant. If you think my posts are otherwise 'fake' I can't really help you, that's just a matter of opinion.
Thats actually fair... you wouldn't want to TR your deepwolf ticket. :P

you keep saying your conscious of stuff, and being self self-conscious.
You realise that's a scumtrait, right?

Town dgaf how they look. I rarely do. I say it how I see it. Admittedly I cock up like I did on your Enchant TR, my bad, I retract that.
Thing is as far as I'm concerned, you and Enchant confirmed Enchant as the Blue Block.

Cause I looked at your other games too, as well as stayed on mafia.gg for a little bit.

People don't mention colours much in the games I've observed there. For rapid fire games they actually say roles/abbrevs for the roles.

And you've never said blue as an alignment in the time you've been here. For that matter you've never used Red or Green either.

-Butterflea
I do 'gaf' about how I look. I think it's my duty as town to 1) be towny and 2) scumread mafia. As for the Blue thing, it's a turn of phrase which is very common on mafia.gg. People either flip blue or flip red
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (isolation #46) » Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:06 am

Post by furtiveglance »

ItalianoVD, where are your reads?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:52 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I will say goodbye then before this gets locked. Thanks to numberQ for modding, this is a cool setup. Peace
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1041 (isolation #48) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:29 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Good game everyone. Well done town. I played the setup inherently badly, it was pretty clear to VT who Muses were. In the end I had the
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1042 (isolation #49) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:31 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Good game everyone. Well done town. I played the setup inherently badly, it was pretty clear to VT who Muses were. I knew butterflies was my Muse, I felt like they were constantly asking me for associatives. I also caught the day 1 butterflies sheeping Galron on Umlaut so I figured Galron was Umlaut's Muse. implosion pushed Enchant pretty hard day 2 and gave Muse energy with the strategy talk + sheeping butterflies' solve post death. Despite this, my team decided that town condemned a Muse day 1? Not the best analysis but no hard feelings. I did all I could and was outvoted
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (isolation #50) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:32 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Formatting error lol
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (isolation #51) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:47 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Due to our Muse list, day 1 effectively gave us all 3 Muses because 1) Dunn got condemned and 2) Noraa was clearly not informed. I couldn't get this across in the scum PT as you will find out.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (isolation #52) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:54 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Your solve may have been slightly aided by your role, tbh, but then again I haven't seen the other games so I'm not familiar with your self-confessed amazing solving capabilities
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (isolation #53) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:56 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1046, Flea The Magician wrote:Thing is muses were only informed of one. Me and Nancy were watching the other muses closey and we somehow silently decided to powertown this game. I don't think we would've done anything different if we were VT tbh

Also I had to stop Nancy just outright claiming soooo many times lol
Yeah but you could tell Noraa is the kind of player who would push zir Painter's Block out day 1.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (isolation #54) » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:13 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Agree implosion, I like this setup a lot. I realised halfway through day 2 that I was playing completely wrong and should be hard pushing my Muse reads. If I'd thought about it the game might have gone differently
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (isolation #55) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:30 am

Post by furtiveglance »

No I accept I played badly, I should have pushed Muse reads and muddied the waters. I would have liked slightly more open discussion on the Muse guessing, but Scorpious was pretty set on his guess, despite only playing one day. What can you do
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1075 (isolation #56) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:11 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1073, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1071, furtiveglance wrote:No I accept I played badly, I should have pushed Muse reads and muddied the waters. I would have liked slightly more open discussion on the Muse guessing, but Scorpious was pretty set on his guess, despite only playing one day. What can you do
But I wasn’t, I said I was defaulting to you guys since I was the rep and got crickets.. I even left it up to you to make the call and said I wouldn’t be mad either way..

C’mon now..
Yeah I know. I see how this looks pointed, and I'm sorry. I should be thanking you for repping in, it's just frustrating that we didn't get it right in the end. Regardless town played better than us, and deserved to win anyway. I can't speak for Enchant or Umlaut, but you're right that I waved scum banners and didn't play well.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1076 (isolation #57) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:12 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Shall we talk about Enchant flipping blue....LOL
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1083 (isolation #58) » Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:51 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1081, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1076, furtiveglance wrote:Shall we talk about Enchant flipping blue....LOL
If that was actually intentional, than 100% kudos. :lol:
I literally did mean flip town and use that language all the time, it wasn't like a huge brain misdirect to see which colour Muse you were. It was around that point I realised your arguments were basically just code for a guilty on me, and I think town realised as well.

Return to “Completed Open Games”