Open 177 (Monks and Masons) - Game Over.

Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:13 am

Post by Nikanor »

Gah! You started the conversation without me? I guess this is what I get for sleeping in...
I'm getting some good vibes from both Scien and farside here, so I won't vote either of them. Instead, I'll...
Vote: YamiJoey
for his double standards regarding EB and Wulfy. Wulfy gets a vote for hopping on the Maemuki wagon to put her at L-3, but YJ does not mention EB's L-3 vote on Maemuki just a few posts prior.

@farside: I'm glad to see you didn't play that newbcard you decided to give yourself. You would be my vote right now were it not for your attacks on Scien.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:44 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Do you folks really have to write so many walls?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Maemuki wrote:Explain, please. It makes me think that you suspect Scien now, yet you're voting YJ. Which one is scummier? Why?
farside gave herself the newbcard in her first post. However, her attacks on Scien make it clear that she intends to not use said newbcard.
i.e. I believe farside was just being modest when she said she was out of touch, so her first post is not a tell.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Nikanor »

Wulfy wrote:Bullshit. Look at the track record and her standing. Clearly that was to force players off their guard by luring them into attacking her because she could easily defeat them in arguments, I'm sure. This would be an interesting move as either side which means it tells nothing of alignment but of her clever play style. And yes, you will read walls and analyze and play hardcore or you will get lost, lose interest, and replace out. Or be zwetschenwasser. Either way, you better be the first or this will be a long, tedious, and boring game.
So we agree that it is a nulltell, then.
People like you are the reason for the existence of text walls, Wulfy. You take four lines to say, 'Your reasoning's off, but I agree it's a nulltell. Oh, and I hope you don't replace out.' Do you ever wonder why people 'get lost, lose interest, and replace out'? It's because some people don't know the meaning of the word 'concise.'
Zazie wrote:Uhm, what? Wulfy's vote against Maemuki put Maemuki at L-2.
No, EB unvoted Maemuki before Wulfy voted Maemuki. They both put her at L-3.
EB wrote:Nikanor was the first person on the list that hadn't yet posted (and the first one period) and I didn't see any other appealing wagon. So it was a little arbitrary (in selection) and a lot policy (as to why).
So being the only one to not post after six hours makes me a lurker, eh?
And what does me being the first on the list have to do with anything?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Nikanor »

EB wrote:I believe my reasoning was clear and verifiable: "for not posting yet." Don't put words in my mouth: I didn't call you a lurker, I worked proactively to ensure you wouldn't become one. As I recently told Scien, it's better to vote for a weak reason than nothing at all. Of course I wouldn't lynch you for taking 6 hours to post; but a lone vote hardly put you in any danger of that. It did, however, give you something solid to respond to in your first post and maybe made you a little nervous if you were intentionally waiting - way more productive than voting for my favorite avatar or some such nonsense.
I'm not putting words in your mouth, it was implied that you had called me a lurker.
You said your vote was mostly policy. You said that losing to lurkerscum has caused you to develop a new policy, i.e. paying more attention to lurkers. Therefore, you indirectly called me a lurker.
Saying that I am misinterpreting your words is fine. Accusing me of misrepresenting you when I am not is not fine.
I think you're attempting to undermine my opinion via an over-aggressive accusation of misrepresentation. Am I right?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Nikanor »

EB wrote:Curiously, I'm thinking the same thing about you - you've completely ignored my reason for voting for you and request for an explanation, and instead blown a barely-not-random vote wildly out of proportion to derail the conversation.
What? I see no request for explanation.
You said your original reason for voting me was because I was the last to post. Is that still the case? If so, I can explain it by saying I was first asleep, then at school for a couple hours before being able to get to a computer to post. Believe it or not, some people live in seperate timezones. If your reason has changed since then, point out the place where you have said your reasoning changed, because I don't see anything.
Wulfy wrote:*bites* You place me in a basket with someone I'm attacking? Did you even read my post or see the first line of my statement (involving dog acting) and just ignore it?
FoS at the Octopus.
Your post 26 was a random vote. While I don't agree that a random vote at that time was completely unacceptable, I will say that this FoS of yours is rather weak.

*Curls up next to the puppy for fear of the Scienmobile of Textwalls*
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry, what I meant by that is that playing the newbcard on yourself is scummy. Since she didn't use the newbcard on herself, I have no reason to vote her.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:31 am

Post by Nikanor »

The pepsi addict Vote Count

Maemuki: Zazie, Wulfy
Farside22: ODDin, YankCane
Hewitt: Scien
Scien: Farside22
YamiJoey: Nikanor
Fuzzyman: ElectricBadger

Not Voting: hewitt, Fuzzyman, Maemuki, YamiJoey

Lots of love
Hayl xxx

EB wrote:But then why mention it at all?
It was meant as a condescending remark, actually.
farside wrote:Not true. Most people responded to the arguement there are a few staying out of it and trust me I'm notice those that are.
If you're referring to me, I can tell you that I don't have the time or patience to respond to the crap you both are spewing. I haven't even read most of it. If you want me to respond to it, I will.
Wulfy wrote:FoS are, as a whole, entirely pointless.
Yeah. No intention to lynch means no pressure. Asking questions is better. I agree with you on the philosophy of why the FoS is useless. But if you agree with me on that, why did you even bother using an FoS in the first place?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:57 am

Post by Nikanor »

Fuzzy wrote:Is there anybody out there that disagrees with this?
I don't think so. What does it matter if people disagree or not?

@YamiJoey: I'm still waiting for an explanation.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:12 am

Post by Nikanor »

Scien wrote:Nikanor - He seemed to actively look outside of the me vs Farside, and seems to have found an early connection between EB and Maemuki.
Everyone else I am either deliberately avoiding commenting further on due to them being named Farside, or me having nothing negative to question about.
You call that negative?
I'm currently catching up in other games. After that, I'll catch up in this one.

Dont make me poke you >.> ~ Hayl
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:41 am

Post by Nikanor »

Scien wrote:No. But then again I didn't imply it was negative.
I saw an implication; that's why I asked, after all.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Wulfy wrote:I think you are behind because you want to be.
Even though I'm reading through another game right now, I have an open tab with my watched topics. I hit refresh on that tab at least once every five minutes, meaning it takes me forever to read anything.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:56 am

Post by Nikanor »

farside wrote:Did you not even read my reason's for the vote? That is not OMGUS. OMGUS is I vote you for voting me. That is clearly not the case. Again you twist things that are not fact.
I do not see anything in ODDin's p56 that is 'twisting things that are not fact.' I believe you are referring to the part where he quotes this line of yours:
farside wrote:
I notice that very few scum now how to be aggressive in the beginning of the game. They either followers, or they hem and haw or backtrack or make wishy washy comments. I don't go after the agressive person. typically scum watches, waits and doesn't do much else.
I can see you haven't played in a while. :) In other words, this is totally, totally wrong. I see overaggressive scum more than I see overaggressive town.
farside wrote:1) I was arguing with scien at the time and frankly focused on that more then others.
2) your case is'nt weak it's a fabrication and a twisting of words
3) you are calling it OMGUS which is not the case and when I read what you write I see nothing so far that shows you read what I wrote. You focus on one comment but not the whole thing. You pick out things and twist into something it's not. Hench my vote on you. It has nothing to do with your case on me. It's how you word things to make it more scummy when if you read everything stated it can be interputed any way but you put it as scummy.
Once again I find you twisting words which I see scummy.
1) I take this as you saying your vote on Scien had gone stale, so you went back to stuff you had already commented on on page three to get a new vote.
2) Show how it's a fabrication. Your ODDin vote does, in fact, look like OMGUS, as you are not showing how it twisting your words.
3) Quote yourself. Show us the context that you think ODDin is taking your material out of, and I will believe you. Simply saying, 'You're twisting my words,' is not an adequate defense.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (isolation #13) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:45 am

Post by Nikanor »

farside wrote:2) How is is OMGUS?
I see OMGUS as an attempt to discredit your attacker by making him look scummy, thus discrediting his argument. This is what you appear to be doing.
farside wrote:3) I will do that in my next post but the fact you bring up the first one that is my initial issue and just push it off as not twisting words which others have mentioned really make me leary of you
Clarify?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (isolation #14) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:48 am

Post by Nikanor »

Nikanor wrote:I see OMGUS as an attempt to discredit your attacker by making him look scummy, thus discrediting his argument. This is what you appear to be doing.
This is what you appear to be doing as you are not providing adequate justification for your vote. Nowhere do you prove, attempt to prove, or even take steps toward an attempt to prove the hypothesis that ODDin is twisting your words.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (isolation #15) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:21 am

Post by Nikanor »

In post 91, ODDin wrote:Also, I don't think my quote of farside is twisting her words. All I said is what I felt when I read that (yes, I felt that even though knew it technically came as a reply to a question on the subject). That's what I felt, so I wanted to let the town know I feel that. I'm not saying I'm certain this is the case, but people need to be aware that that post by farside might have had an ulterior motive, so to speak.
This is the main thing I was talking about, because I looked back at the quote in question and I saw the possibility of an ulterior motive as well.
In order to catch a good scum player, one must search for ulterior motive in posts. In that way, I think it's a good thing that ODDin said what he had about that quote, but I also see how you can take that as a twisting of your words.
farside wrote:3) I will do that in my next post but the fact you bring up the first one that is my initial issue and just push it off as not twisting words which others have mentioned really make me leary of you
You still need to clarify this.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Nikanor »

farside wrote:Was this not clarification enough?
I got two totally different meanings from the two things you quoted. What happened to the part about being leery when you reiterated?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (isolation #17) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Whoa, is this the same Canada I know?

Indeed it is, I don't only look for replacements on the site you know. I ask people I know first :P ~ Hayl
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (isolation #18) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Wulfy wrote:Wrong, that is a version of the chainsaw defense, usually done by someone else. However, it is legitimate, in my book, for two people to point out why the others are scummy. Omgus, on the other hand, is strictly voting someone for no reason than they voted you. For example:
Person A: B is scummy for reasons X, Y, and Z.
Person B: OMG! U SUCK! I am town, and since now townie would vote a townie, A is scum! VOTE B! DIESCUMDIE!
I like my version better. C:
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (isolation #19) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Post by Nikanor »

EB wrote:Just be sure to let us know if you're mafia, that helps simplify the game a lot.
Mafia? Why not werewolf?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #274 (isolation #20) » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by Nikanor »

(I am not a Zaz alt. This is my last consecutive post).
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry for the inactivity, responding to stuff now.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by Nikanor »

ODDin wrote:Post 235 by Nik and the ensuing discussion is disturbing me quite a bit. He's answering instead of me for things directed specifically at me and defending me. This looks an awful lot like buddying.
I wasn't trying to defend you, first of all. I suppose I probably should have waited until you answered to comment on that, but I wanted to understand the argument between farside and yourself, as it looked to me as if she was making stuff up.
It's okay if you're town and think farside's arguments against me are wrong - but I'd expect you to wait for me to answer before saying anything. Otherwise, you're basically handing me a defence. What if I'm scum and these statements by farside would've tripped me and caused me to slip up?
This is very poor scumhunting there.
Sorry? It's nice for you to acknowledge that I am scumhunting and not falsescumhunting, though.
rbt wrote:Fuzzy was lurking until he started gathering votes. Then pulls out an AtE, which is a huge scumtell. ODD is scum for his clear and blatant coaching of Fuzzy, and thanks for continuing to confirm it with your defense of him.
I don't see this. At all. Explain please.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:30 am

Post by Nikanor »

rbt wrote:For the record, it is impossible in this setup for both of the masons to be scum.
No it's not. Where are you getting that? From the way Haylen has told us the roles were picked, it's very much possible for both masons/monks to be scum. The likelihood of that happening is only about 2.5%, though, and depending on the faction you're talking about, the probability may be higher (it's more likely for both mafia to be monks than for both wolves to be masons).
Mae wrote:@ Nikanor, do you still think that Canada's the scummiest person on here? You're still with your random vote on. Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIKANOR~
I actually thought my vote had carried to rbt, not Canada. Also, THANK YOU~ :D.
Unvote.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (isolation #24) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:02 am

Post by Nikanor »

@Scien: Example:
After randomisation, monks were found to be players 1 and 2, with players 3 and 4 as masons.
Next, wolves and mafia are chosen. Note that if any of 1, 2, 3, or 4 are chosen to be a wolf, a mason will be a wolf. In this scenario, it is very possible for both wolves to be masons.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (isolation #25) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:14 am

Post by Nikanor »

Scien wrote:
Er, I'm pretty sure having multiple masons as anti-town is impossible. It should have been an invalid case and rerolled if that happened.
While I agree with you, I'm saying that it is possible for both monks/masons to be scum, or even for all of the power roles to be scum. We don't know whether the mod would reroll in such a situation, so it would be foolish to put it off as impossible.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #368 (isolation #26) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:43 am

Post by Nikanor »

Scien wrote:I think saying that the impossible is possible based purely on that post is probably not wise either and we should get clarification.
I still don't get where you think it's impossible from that post. I agree that we should look for clarification, though.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Nikanor »

Wulfy, what do you think of Fuzzy?

I find RBT's rolefishing scummy only because he first says that he'd like both of the sets of power roles to out themselves, then is instantly satisfied when the masons claim. This makes RBT look like mafia, since the monks are no threat to the mafia. In addition, if RBT or his partner is a mafia monk, RBT wouldn't want the monks to claim, since it would make them a prime target for the wolves.

Vote: riceballtail.

I think this is our last day. Let's get those votes hopping, people.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (isolation #28) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Whoa, what's with the lack of flavour?
Who's left alive?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (isolation #29) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:33 pm

Post by Nikanor »

hewitt wrote:we're stuck in a really crappy position
No kidding. 4/9 people remaining here are scum.
Going back to check something.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (isolation #30) » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I can't find it.
I remember someone said they thought Wulfy was scum, and I remember them saying it close to deadline. Who was it?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (isolation #31) » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Nikanor »

I hate you Benmage. *Starts reading*
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (isolation #32) » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Nikanor »

OKAY!
I'm caught up.
I'm also glad to see I'm in such demand. :P
Also, for the record, I'd like to say that I liked Benmage better when he was forced to post in Shakespearean.
(Emphasis mine) farside wrote:
Ignores everything says I'm not paying attention and blows it off.

Nice how are you not scum again and what have you done that is town?
Also why is it you completely ignore oddin or even scum huntting till someone calls you out or it's close to day end?
Wow.
Huge misrepresentation.
If I'm not mistaken, he's been responding exclusively to what you've been saying for these last few pages. He hasn't been scumhunting, either, but that's beside the point.

That's just one thing in particular I noticed and pulled; I'll be looking at things more in-depth on Monday.
Here is my pre-analysis scumlist:

(DISCLAIMER: This list most likely contains piggy-backing on the ideas of people I find pro-town. Take it as you will. This list will probably be changing come Monday, but at least it gives y'all something to look at in the meantime).

Town:
Maemuki
Benmage
hewitt
Scien

Scum:
ElectricBadger
farside
xofelf
ODDin

Note that there is no neutral category in this list. This is because this list represents my predictions on alignments, which are based off of my reads, but are not my reads themselves.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #681 (isolation #33) » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:55 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Okay, so now to give reasons for my list. I think I'm better at finding town than at finding scum. Seriously. :S

Maemuki:
Mae has been giving me the inquisitive townie vibe all game. This is mostly a gut read, but I'll put enough stock into it to call Maemuki town.

hewitt:
I was a bit suspicious of hewitt until just recently, to be honest. The thing that changed my mind about hewitt is his recent frustration. It looks pretty genuine to me, and frustration is a towntell. This is only a borderline town read, though.

Benmage:
His predecessors have given me no reason to suspect him, and Benmage himself has given me nothing but reasons to think of him as town. I get a solid town read from Benmage.

Scien:
Scien is looking like exasperated town to me at the moment. He's being tunneled on by farside, who seems determined to get Scien in the noose no matter what he says. Scien recent arguments (I skimmed through them) are looking pretty similar to the ones in another game I was in with him in which he was town. Town read.

farside:
farside simply can't stop tunneling on Scien. She keeps hammering him over nothing, waiting for him to say something that can be interpreted as scummy, then looking town when she calls him scummy over it. Scummy.

ElectricBadger:
I don't really know what's so scummy about this guy (aside from lurking and the LaL hypocrisy). Since his lurking is scummy and since people I think are town seem to hate him so much, I'd be willing to lynch this guy.

ODDin:
Again, other than recent lurking when asked questions, I don't see what's so scummy about him, but I'll go with Benmage's intuition here and put him down as scum.

xofelf:
Lurker, etc. Really just scum by process of elimination, but the lurking certainly isn't helping her case.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (isolation #34) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Expanding on what I said about hewitt:
Even though his emotion seemed legitimate, he seemed to come out of nowhere with it - it seems unprovoked. In that way I can see it as an appeal to emotion, but it still seems genuine enough for me to believe it. I guess it could also be genuinely frustrated scum, but that doesn't seem to likely at this juncture.

Benmage, why are you defending me? I thought I was a neutral read to you (not that I don't appreciate the support. :P)
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (isolation #35) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:37 pm

Post by Nikanor »

We should at least wait for a claim first. We have another five days to squander waiting for EB and ODDin, no need to rush things.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (isolation #36) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:46 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Benmage wrote: I cant phathom a claim doing anything. Nor do i want what occurred D1, besides Oddin's ignoring this game.
The only way what happened d1 would happen again is if a claim actually did something. And if a claim is enough to stave off a lynch, I can't see how that would be a bad thing.
Anyway, I'm going to wait.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (isolation #37) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:52 pm

Post by Nikanor »

EB wrote:Another reason for my lack of involvement in the game - the role I should be working with has been a flake.
How does that have anything to do with your lack of involvement?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (isolation #38) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:01 pm

Post by Nikanor »

EB wrote: That the only player I see as likely town (based purely on statistics) isn't posting? You don't see that as a bit of a difficulty or slightly frustrating?
Frustrating? Yes.
Debilitating? No.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (isolation #39) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:53 am

Post by Nikanor »

I agree with Scien and EB that SK's hesitation is a nulltell.
Benmage, you didn't even give SK time to think about your motivation, so I don't see how you're able to say that it would have been obvious to SK that he should confirm the claim.
Anyway, I really don't see a pro-town motivation behind ODDin calling SK scummy while trying to ignore the scumminess because Benmage's tactic was 'dishonourable.' Seems like mafia searching for wolves to me. This makes even more sense with ODDin's recent attempts to lynch the mason who he thinks may be a wolf.
Vote: ODDin.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (isolation #40) » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:29 am

Post by Nikanor »

ODDin wrote:The "scum claim" isn't as clear a scum claim as it seemed at the moment, though it still is a little.
But you admit that you viewed it as a clear scum claim at the time, and yet didn't vote him. That is scummy.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (isolation #41) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:37 am

Post by Nikanor »

EB wrote:Outing Maemuki last night also took a very good player, I think: on a night when finding opposing scum was critical, the mafia correctly targeted a player that had barely spoken - either a major risk or someone noticed a tell that the rest of us didn't see.
You don't think of me as a very good player? I'm offended. 8-)
Also, despite saying you didn't want to defend me, you seem to do so anyway with this quote by implying that it had to be a player of superior skill to my own that killed Maemuki i.e. farside.
Further, this quote seems to imply that you find it impossible for both farside and I to be scum. Why is that?
Finally, lol @ farside taking post 975.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (isolation #42) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Nikanor »

EB wrote:Why would my statement imply you aren't scum with farside? That actually goes directly against my theories.
Actually, I think it was a slip.
I still think farside is more likely to be scum, though, and that's ignoring the odds and paying attention only to who I think is scum. Add the math in and... well, I really don't think we can go wrong.
Vote: farside.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (isolation #43) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:26 am

Post by Nikanor »

farside wrote:I wish people like Nik had to do something like that nice to see no one call him out on his opportunist vote with nothing that says why he thinks I'm scum.
I explained why I thought you were scum yesterday. With Scien's flip, you're even more scummy than you were previously.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (isolation #44) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:52 am

Post by Nikanor »

Benmage wrote:Trust me, with Nik callin Mae, a noncontributor town...is something to note.
Mae is always a non-contributor. And you said yourself that Mae was acting to the town meta we had of her.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (isolation #45) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Nikanor »

Benmage wrote:i dont know, you called her town...its just something to note.
But why is it something to note? I don't understand how a gut town read makes me scummy.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #986 (isolation #46) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Nikanor »

Benmage wrote:Because i dont know how you get such a strong read off her 10 lines of play...
She looked inquisitive and generally pro-town on day one. She kind of died on day two, but my town read on her from day one still persisted.
Benmage wrote:have you seen her scum play to confirm that its different?
I have now. :D
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (isolation #47) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Nikanor »

farside wrote:Look at it from my thought. You and nik mafia. You tried like crazy to get a Monk lynched that you know to be town. Once you lynch said Monk today mafia wins. Did I miss a beat there?
Yeah. Where did I try to get a monk lynched yesterday?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #992 (isolation #48) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:53 pm

Post by Nikanor »

farside wrote:That was towards Benmage and his comment and I distictly state "you" not both of you.
That doesn't change the fact that I'm curious as to where you got the thought that I was trying to get a monk lynched yesterday.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (isolation #49) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by Nikanor »

farside wrote:I did comment on the fact Benmage could be mafia with Nik trying to create a mislynch of a monk using WIFOM but yeah thanks for missing that point completely.
This is why I hate the English language. :s I thought you meant that Benmage and I (who you were accusing of being scumbuddies) were ganging up on EB as mafia. I read mafia in your above statement as the noun that was trying to create a mislynch.
farside (Emphasis mine) wrote:You and nik mafia. You
(plural)
tried like crazy to get a Monk lynched that you know to be town.
Again, a misunderstanding. :/
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (isolation #50) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:22 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Hey farside, can I ask you something?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (isolation #51) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Don't tell me you went offline already. :/
Anyone else online? I have an important question.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (isolation #52) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Urgh, looks like nobody is here. Oh well. :/
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1000 (isolation #53) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Nikanor »

The Hayl is Sad II Vote count

Farside22 - ElectricBadger, Nikanor
ElectricBadger - Benmage

Not Voting: Hewitt, Farside22, SaintKerrigan

Lots of love
Haylxxx

1000 post is mine!

I hate you >.> I'm gonna go throw a massive tantrum now.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1001 (isolation #54) » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Nikanor »

That's all I really wanted. I just didn't want to look too much like a spammer. ;)

I wanted it so I could right some flavor.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (isolation #55) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry, I'm here now. Catching up on what was said while I was gone.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (isolation #56) » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:48 pm

Post by Nikanor »

farside wrote:Oh what a finkle mind to change so easily with no reason.
I said in my longer scumlist why I put you down as scum as opposed to town. I still haven't read those text walls, and I don't intend to do so. The biggest reason for why I called you both town in that post was because of your activity (probably not the best judge of townieness, but whatever). Why exactly is the fact that I changed my mind scummy?
farside wrote:I notice lots of piggy back's that Nik uses in such a case as this:
I don't see the piggybacking. Care to point it out?
farside wrote:Mind you this is the first post that nik even mentions anyone as for as who is scum or town:
Not true. You even say later in your post that I scumhunted on RBT, and earlier in your post that I called both you and Scien town early on in the game. This quote smells heavily of bullshit.
farside wrote:Longer reason's found here: As you can see nothing remotely scum hunting in this post.
What's your point? Hunting for town is just as important as hunting for scum, especially when the scum (you and Benmage, for example) is better at avoiding being scumhunted than I am at scumhunting.
farside wrote:deflecting and protection SK here:
I'm not the only one who refused to accept Benmage's calls for SK to be lynched. I gave my own reason for why I thought Ben was wrong about SK's supposed scumtell, just as you and others did. How is my defense of SK different from the defense you and others gave?
farside wrote:Also where did Oddin attempt to lynch the mason?
When he voted hewitt, he tried to get masons lynched. When he called SK probscum without actually voting him, he was avoiding lynching monks.
farside wrote:In short Niknor has done little to nothing all game long. He ask for proof from me but never once provided proof of anything he has said so far this game, what little he comments on.
Did you ever ask for any proof? No, you didn't. So don't try to play the 'you didn't give any proof!' card, as I would have gladly provided had you asked for it.

@SK: Any reason for why you gave neutral reads on literally everyone in the game, save farside?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (isolation #57) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:44 pm

Post by Nikanor »

farside wrote:To find town you need to figure out scum.
This is wrong. But that's just opinion, and not worth arguing. I'm more concerned by the following:
farside wrote:What in that post shows anything remotely showing why (except me or scien) you thought a person was scum or town? Didn't you have Ben as town in that post (looks,,,yup)
I did put reasons for why I thought people were town/scum. The fact that I was wrong about Benmage being town has nothing to do with how scummy I am, unless you want to argue that I'm a werewolf. Is that where you're trying to go with this, or are you just throwing things out to try to question the validity of all my arguments?
farside wrote:saving this to answer later
Why not now? (Reads the next two pages) Why have you still not answered?
farside wrote:Because I'm looking for scum partners and I don't see anyone else that is doing that.
How does this have anything at all to do with my question?
farside wrote:No Oddin found it a cheap shot. What's your second point there? Can you show where Oddin was trying to vote out the mason. As far as I found in a brief moment was he voted for RBT in the end.
ODDin can say he found it a cheap shot, but that doesn't mean I believe that as his actual motivation for doing things. My second point is that at the time, ODDin was voting for hewitt. And this is day two we're talking about; nobody voted RBT at that time.

Also, where the frack is hewitt?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (isolation #58) » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Post by Nikanor »

farside wrote:And have the wolf kill the confirmed townie!
I'm so glad you think I'm really that gullible.
You're bullshitting here. Why would any scum kill a confirmed townie? You know that the scum will be best off aiming for the opposing team.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1322 (isolation #59) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Nikanor »

Mafia QT
I thought for sure that town had won this game (which was slightly depressing, seeing how horrendous a job town had done), but I guess it came down to whether Ben suspected SK or EB more, and luckily for us, he chose wrong. :)
Good game, and hopefully I won't lurk as much in the future. @_@
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1324 (isolation #60) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:18 am

Post by Nikanor »

farside wrote:Too bad ben didn't see the obvious defending from SK on Nik to sent in an SK kill instead.
I'd say it wasn't as much the defending as the voting alongside me thing that would have done it for me.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (isolation #61) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Nikanor »

Scien, pay less attention to your own posts and more attention to the posts of others.
Use your own playstyle to your advantage. For example, who used your walls as an excuse to lurk? SK and myself, I know for sure. Maemuki too, if I'm not mistaken. I don't think any town players did that.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1330 (isolation #62) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:36 am

Post by Nikanor »

EB wrote:I did, sorta. It really felt hard to get any conversations going around the far/scien/ben spammage.
Well, the main point is that we used it as as excuse to lurk.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1332 (isolation #63) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Nikanor »

He means that if it was one to one with wolves and mafia, it would result in a dual win, since they'd both comprise half the town. This would change 1:1:1 prisoner's dilemma into a situation where scum would lynch the townie and both win.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (isolation #64) » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:44 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Benmage wrote:I wish i had been in this game from the getgo...dont think i'll replace again, wasn't as enjoyable.
I'm glad you were in the game, though. You're fun to play with. :D
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1352 (isolation #65) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:06 am

Post by Nikanor »

Mae wrote:Kay. Anyway - Nik, was that Town-read on me buddying or was it honest?
It was honest. I completely changed my mind about you from probtown to probscum upon reading this post, though.
Don't look confused, I honestly killed you based on that one post. :? The fact that Scien and farside probably weren't scumbuddies and that hewitt was probtown helped, though.

Return to “Completed Open Games”