Open 228 - Mafia in KyleVille - Game Over!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #243 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It's mylo bitches. Empking is scum and we need to have a mass claim today. I'm going to read the thread at some point and try to see if hershey left a breadcrumb for who she jailed N1.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Well, short iso made that easy. Looks like it was Muthaa, aka Battle mage. Emp and battlemage scum team FTW.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I may be swayed toward the oopid scum camp, but I really have to think about it. The only reason I backed off of him for most of the game was because I really thought he was the JKer. Now we can see that's not the case, it's worth revisiting Oopid as scum theory.

@myk - I've played with emp several times. I personally think his town play shows at least mild signs of helpfulness, which isn't present here. However, I'm not sure if he'd tunnel so dumbly on me as scum when I'm not likely to get lynched, so perhaps I'm wrong.

Paltry, you're probably right about NLing today I suppose. If we are going that route, then we should just stop discussion to limit the information to the scum.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vote: No Lynch
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

lol, scum are either inactive or stupid.

Vote: No lynch
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

we're not lynching today. Nor should we be discussing suspects.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

mykonian wrote:give me one good reason. Except letting the game die. There is no way scum can get anything out of a defense. Protecting your buddy?
If you honestly think I'm scum, you're an idiot or scum. I know you're not an idiot. -__-

Pretty sure I'm the only one who's really been keeping this game alive for a majority of it. Frankly, I'd rather have a draw that mislynch today and give scum a stupid win over the town being lazy all game. It's undeserving. Why do you think it's a good idea to lynch today as opposed to yesterday? Absolutely nothing has changed and yet you seem to be quiet interested in getting something going as fast as possible. Doesn't really make much sense from a town perspective.

Additionally, your assessment of my play as an "observer" is pretty inaccurate to say the least. Most town games I'm a leader type that can rally troops and typically I get killed for it. So, you know, just wanted to point out that saying things doesn't make them true.

People can vote no lynch now.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I don't see how oopid has gotten away from anything. MOST people are not here, that's the problem. I have stated my opinion on that day, but what I say is certainly not law. If the majority of people want to lynch today, that's their choice to make. I certainly disagree with that approach, but I don't think that somehow makes me culpable for whether or not oopid replies to you.

re: playstyle - ok, I can at least understand what you're saying now.

re: calling people stupid - it's not so much I'm calling the people stupid as I'm saying that the play was stupid. There's certainly a difference. Even intelligent people make mistakes, but regardless of that I think it was a really dumb play to make. I wasn't necessarily goading for a reaction (though I suppose that is one side effect) as I was simply stating my opinion on it.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

fine with me. I just don't want to give the scum info if we no lynch. oopid, get in here. the class is waiting.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

oopid wrote:VP Baltar is giving me bad vibes.
orly? since when?
oopid wrote:@ VP Baltar: Why are we voting no-lynch again when that leads us potentially to a draw?
You've officially gone up in scumminess for asking this question.
myk wrote:I'm going to answer VP's question for him. I might be tunneling now, but the answer should be obvious to any town, but you seem to be different again. When you want a draw? when you are in the disadvantage. We have had 2 mislynches, we are currently in MYLO. I think that counts. One mislynch and we have lost. That's why we want a draw
Additionally, I don't feel like the town or the scum have actually played this game. It's been mostly me chiding people for not posting and watching the game die. I'm grateful myk has showed up and is at least posting something, but I'm not about to lose a game because we've basically had to RVS lynch people all game. We're being forced to make cases out of nothing on the few people who do post occasionally. That's not mafia. I don't mind losing, but I at least demand everyone plays the game to the best of their ability. Just look at how many people haven't even posted yet today. It's pitiful. So, yes, I'll gladly take a draw over that.

All of that being said, I agree with myk about the insulting instead of defending from oopid looking scummy. Maybe we should gamble.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

yo paltry and battlemage, what's up?

Especially you BM, you've yet to say anything at all. Feel free to proceed.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:46 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Please refrain from revealing anything until the mod posts. It's bad form.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

thanks for modding kyle and congrats to the scum team. Well played for what it was. Good job calling the scum team Robo....now the next step is getting people to listen to your arguments.

Kyle, I would just reiterate what mykonian said. Overall your vote counts were fine, but I think part of the game lag was attributable to you in the sense that it took a really really long time to get some of those replacements. I know it sucks when tons of people bail from a game, but you really have to stay on the replacement issue. Most people will replace into a game for you if you ask nicely.

My own play this game was pretty apathetic throughout...which sort of shows in how terrible my reads were. Oh well.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Robocopter87 wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Good job calling the scum team Robo....now the next step is getting people to listen to your arguments.
:oops:
Eh, nothing to worry about. Being a good natural scum hunter is more difficult than learning to be persuasive on these boards.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Battle Mage wrote:What a horrible game. Nice scum victory though. With 2 townies completely tunnelled on each other, it was virtually unwinnable from my PoV. I read the game, and my top suspect was Hershey, so i cant even say i was doing much better. lol
I was watching at the end but didnt post because i was hoping we'd get some useful LyLo arguments from the 2 potential lynches. I sorta felt the Oop wagon sucked- it seemed a little too easy. But then, Empking didnt seem like much of a better alternative, although i typically find him hard to read. As it happens, they were both town anyway. Sad game. :(

One question: why did VP Baltar keep tracking me? I was vanilla for crying out loud. I'm pretty sure at no point did i do anything interesting, nor was i likely to submit a kill in my name if i was scum. lol

BM
Well, you do lurk as scum. Or at least that was the meta I had of you. Apparently your policy is now to replace into games and say absolutely nothing. Seemed to me that you as lurking scum would perform the kill because you were under the radar.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Robocopter87 wrote:Policy Lynch lurkers, it always works! :wink: :D
Haha, they were all lurkers! I don't know if we had enough lynches to win the game by lynching lurkers unfortunately.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:40 am

Post by VP Baltar »

BM wrote:Lurking can be considered something of a scumtell for me. But if you'd used your common sense, you wouldnt have kept tracking me lol. If you were in any doubt, i am NEVER submitting kills on behalf of the team unless forced to. Or if i'm in a mafia duo with Hackerhuck/MoS etc.
Well, I saw you as part of an Oopid/BM scum team, and therefore I saw it as far less likely that Oopid would be submitting kills after he was under so much suspicion. As far as not posting, you can make whatever excuses you like about it but the fact remains that you didn't really say anything this game. Perhaps it went down just as you said and you never really had a chance, but from my perspective it just looked like lurking.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Open Games”