I Reject Your Corporeality...
Pronoun: they/ask

Post Post #430 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:17 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

/obligatory greeting and confirmation of having received role PM

/obligatory
unvote

Totally haven't read a single word of this game yet beyond the first post and probably won't get around to it for another good 16-24 hours either. Today's really busy for me and any free time I
do
have is strictly reserved for hammering out the details for my upcoming mini theme.

I see I'm the leading wagon. Someone mind giving me a Cliff Notes version of why that is? Obviously I can't really explain the actions of my predecessor(s), but it would be nice to know at a glance what they were in so much trouble for. :P
First you get your wings back. Then you learn to fly.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #449 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:26 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

I KNOW CURSING LIKE A SAILOR AND USING CAPS LOCK IS FUN AND ALL AND SOMETIMES I DO IT TOO BUT IF YOU DO IT TOO MUCH IT LOSES ITS POTENCY A LITTLE. JUST FYI.

Anyway, posting to let you know I'm finally getting around to reading and shit. Expect a post ... soon?

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #450 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

Also, belated HIIIIIIIIIIIIII to HackerHuck. I don't know if you remember but you were an SE in my first newbie game on this site. <_<

Anyway, less talking, more reading.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #451 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:55 pm

Post by esuriospiritus »

I apologize for the rambling incoherency of all this. For a large portion of it I was mostly just talking to myself in WordPad and then decided to just be lazy and copy it over more or less directly instead of translating it over to a more readable writing style. It doesn't help that I have had a severe-headache-borderline-migraine for, I kid you not, the last 12 hours straight AND I AM GOING MAD FROM IT AUGH.

:(

jumbled notes written while reading.(I kind of stopped taking notes as detailed after the first few pages though, and it shows. Meh.)

Scum motivation in post 33, antihero. "Has anyone noticed that it's page 2, and JS still doesn't have a vote out?" Mudslinging without putting a vote behind it. (Smashbro catches this in post 40 and votes him.) Defensiveness against said vote in post 80 seems like an overreaction. Claims to have not seen where Jesse claimed to not vote in RVS multiple times (post 89, for one) -- skimming? Katsuki calls him out for apparent skimming later in the thread (192) but this appears to be an exaggeration imo. However, none of the points Anti makes against him seem particularly awesome (possible confirmation bias @katsuki though?)

Katsuki (and my predecessor) are among the first to claim suspicion of Muthaa. Unfortunately null since he flips SK later, but noted. QFT Katsuki #152: "Wagoning someone over their playstyle is, well, bad, and makes for a pretty easy opportunistic vote too." re. Jesse. Seems town overall.

Jesse's "only vote to lynch, never during RVS" is definitely a newb thing. Also, usually a town tell where a newb is concerned despite being annoying as fuck. However, the insistence on the crappy WIFOM talk of "scumseeking vs scumhunting" on page 5 counteracts that towntell. Consistently town rest of posting though.

Smashbro towntell post 209: " I know at one point i think i suspected anti-hero, but he's fine in my books at the moment." Scum are often obsessed with consistency, so the former portion of this sentence means I can't see this as being a post coming from scum. Also, a little birdie told me smashbro plays fairly transparent scum, so there's that. <_<

Agree with Katsuki (299) and Scott (300) that Hacker's 297 seems forced. "distraught" (303) also seems like too much of a strong word. I may be nitpicking though, and none of this alone is enough to lynch HackerHuck anyway.

Right now, before reading the claims, I think Jesse and SSS are obvtown, and Katsuki is probtown. Anti is probscum.

Wondering why sss wouldn't realize vigs are compulsive when he is one? Oh well, lolconfirmedtown.

only barely skimmed anything past the last claim in the massclaim (page 14, SSS). Will finish later.

Probable Scumteam:
Antihero (early scum motivation tells ftw; various indications of not reading closely; general flying-under-the-radar-ness)
Hacker (Forced sounding comment about doctors dying; lurkerage of predecessor)
Scott (lurkerage).

Looking at this as a trio, their vote distribution at the end of day one is
exactly
what I'd expect to see out of a scumteam (one on a wagon scum knew wasn't scum, two off and on different people), so there's that). Hmm...

And on the off chance I'm wrong about one of those people, I'm calling Jesse as the partner I think is town, because Katsuki just doesn't make sense as a part of a Antihero-Hacker scumteam at ALL (and to a somewhat less pronounced extent, a Antihero-Scott or Scott-Hacker scumteam).

Vote: Hacker

(Keep in mind I haven't read the last few pages just yet, and this might change. But for now, voting Hacker over anti because it's a stronger wagon right now and also I feel better agreeing with Katsuki. Even if Anti's on that wagon too, probably bussing his partner. :P)

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #454 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:28 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Of course I'm still around. Mafia is addicting. :P

-

FWIW I'd rather lynch Antihero first, because I think there's more against him, but apparently everyone else disagrees aaaand... you're probably both scum anyway, so I don't suppose it matters much who goes first. /shrug

I do find your last statement kind of odd. If you thought you might be wrong about one of your scum reads, shouldn't you be evaluating the likelihood of that possibility and possibly examining other options instead of just kind of letting that statement hang there? It reads like you're trying to appease people/buddy up to them by saying, "hey, maybe you're not so bad after all, please don't lynch me".

@EVERYONE: Anyone know Anti's and/or Hacker's scum meta (specifically, do either of them have a habit of bussing people/deliberately starting fights with scum partners)? I mean, I could just look it up, but I probably won't get around to it for a while and it might be faster if someone who's played with one of them as scum could tell me (and give me the game you played in together so I can look at it). I really wish I could totally throw out Katsuki as a possibility for being on any sort of scumteam with Anti or Hacker for the fights they've gotten in, because
most
scum players will shy away from ranting at each other like they have, dragging each other into the spotlight, but I know better than to assume that all of them do. <.<

Jesse just seems too newb to have not scumslipped by now. <_< I mean, I'm going to be kicking myself if I'm wrong about that and we lose 'cause of it, but Occam's Razor says go with the simplest explanation, so yeah.

Anyway, I guess while I'm here I'll go take a break from writing my mini theme flavour (/shameless plug) and go finish catching up. Be back soon.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #455 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:14 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Okay. Officially fully caught up now. Nothing's really changed except now I know
what
Katsuki and Hacker have been bickering about. Pretty much just makes me more sure Katsuki and Hacker aren't scum together. And even if Hacker has a point that Katsuki hasn't responded to how Antihero is ":goodposting:", I still can't fathom any combination of a xxxx-yyyy-Katsuki making sense in my head other than a possible Scott-Jesse-Katsuki team, and I've already said that I think that's unlikely because Jesse is pretty obvtown... so.

Anyone interested in switching to an Antihero wagon with me? I feel most sure about him still.

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #479 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:06 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

Where is everyone? >:(

esuriospiritus
esuriospiritus
they/ask
esuriospiritus
they/ask

Post Post #483 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:36 am

Post by esuriospiritus »

<_< Well that's embarrassing.

I forgot to send my night action in.

It looks like it wouldn't have mattered, though -- mafia didn't aim to kill one of the vigs anyway.

:/

Return to “Completed Open Games”