Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

EST
A lot
The Batman
Chaos durr

I hate wall posts, btw blarghhh. Oh well. I'll suffer quietly.

Town vibes from singer

Ok something's up with Antihero and Singer. I think both town, but if one flips scum, I would expect the other to flip the other scum faction.

Not buying the +10 town points for Sevei, but ok.

Nexus is giving me bad vibes.

Lowell is playing to his meta - i.e. act scummy all day errday. Surprise, surpise. Probably town though.

Wow spring is playing this game? Also this first post sucks. 2 FoSes, calls a scumteam and votes a 5th person with no discussion of them first.

Unvote

Vote: Springlullaby

Singer/Anti may very well both be scum, but they are obviously not scumbuddies. Suggesting this is distancing should one flip scum, setting the other up for a lynch, since it's not you.
Why don't you save us some time and tell us if you're werewolf or just regular?

Where the heck is quad/sevi at?

Singer attacks quad for lurking. Ok, cool. Let's see where this goes

Ooh, Uite is cool.

Quad returns and hops on a wagon with the reasons that Zed's scumhunting involves streches, when Quad is doing none. HRM HRM HRM.

FoS: Quadz08

Nexus should be more active :/

Also I'm seeing the Quad wagon fall apart for a wagon on me.
Antihero's hop onto my wagon I also don't like, especialy the exageratted *sigh*

Vote for me if you want, replacing into scummy slots is hard, and I shouldn't get a pass because I replaced. Zed may very well have read as scum to me if I'd even bothered reading what he posted - I don't read my replacements posts for that reason.

When I flip though, Scumteams look like Singer is is one, Anti is in another, with Quad/spring completing the teams.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:17 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

that was thoughts as I read the thread. You initially gave townvibes, and then I changed my mind. I really dont have to the time to do more than thoughts w/o analysis tonight, but I can do bigger stuff tomorrow afternoon, and hopefully we can shift to a quad lynch.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:13 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Anaylsis of Quad for now, because it's highest priority:

ISO 0-6: RVS and filler
ISO 7: Answers RVS
ISO 8: more filler
ISO 9/10: Attacks Equinox too strongly for my liking over an RQS. While I personally hate RQs's, I understand the motivations behind them. If they are truly rolefishy, I will refuse to answer and call the RQs out on it, but asking what people's favorite roles are in a game with no PRs except masons really doesn't strike me as rolefishing. It isn't at all helpful, but it's not fishing.
Attacking such an RQS is a good way to appear townie while still avoiding actually making any stands.

ISO:11 V/la
ISO 12: Backtracks on his opinion of a rolefishy RQS. Now it's a nulltell, while before it was being overdramatized, after nobody supports the agressive attacks on Equinox. Also noted that his attacks on Equinox were done with his RVS vote still on Nobody Special. A note I'm keeping in the back of my mind is a Quad/Equinox scumteam, especially if Quad flips scum. Voting someone else while FoSing partner is a common scum ploy to seem like they suspect their partner to get the townpoints upon an eventual flip, but not actually start any kind of wagon on their partner.
The rest of this post is very scummy.
Zed's post announced a hunch he had that was that Lowell and Antihero were a scumteam. While the reasoning was pretty weak, it was an attempt at scumhunting, noting interaction between players of the game....Something quad has not done at all up to this point. Yet he is attacking Zed for creating a weak case.
When all you do is tear down other's cases without building any yourself, you aren't helping the town, and there's a scummy motivation for this.
Also, this is a classic chainsaw defense. A attacks B, C rolls in and votes A.
Also a note about scum-pair analysis. Very useful. Maybe not as useful before any flips have been seen, but in a game with 4 scum, barring a large number of cross-kills, Town has at most 2 mislynches, and possibly only one. So yes, very early in the game buddy analysis can be quite useful, because scumbuddies are just getting used to how they are going to interact with each other during the game. This is when slips occur, and when buddying can be seen.

ISO 13: Buddying with Uite. "That's actually a really good question, I hadn't thought about it that way"
The continued attack on Zed reads to me as opportunisticly attacking a weaker player who is stumbling, not as someone who is trying to actually hunt scum.
Iso 14: Again, backtracking and then calling someone out for not posting content, when he has posted only slightly more _content_ himself.

ISO 15-17 are similar, so I won't comment on them at the same time.

Overall impression: Has done zero scumhunting, yet has managed to start a wagon on a chainsaw defense for my slot voting based on a hunch during page 6. Weak case is a towntell. No case is a scumtell.
Has been backtracking ever since the flak from his early agression towards Equinox.

Also I noticed a significant difference in the interactions between Equinox/Quad and Uite/Quad, however it is just a greater shade of the same thing.
Quad attempted to find random things Equinox did scummy, and there was no support for this. However Equinox's slot was more patronizing towards Quad than any other slot.
I would write this off as a relationship between the two due to meta, except there is an even greater correlation between Uite and Quad. When Uite questions others he is far more agressive and a lot less patronizing than with others.
Interestingly enough when i went to get quotes for this, I can't find it, but I know I got that vibe from this.

IGMEOY: Uite

Unvote

Vote: Quad

@Uite:
I read a game or two with Lowell in it. One he was scum and one he was town, I believe, but while reading both games I noticed his play was very anti-town.
Also I didn't check the votecount when I replaced in, I only saw that I was at L-2.
I still Like Singerscum better than quadscum, but given the deadline, I have no problem voting a 60/40 scum/town read.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:15 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Singer ISO coming later today. However that will be more towards information to be used tomorrow than for today's lynch, since it does seem targets are limited to me or Quad, based on the lack of activity of about 4 players in this game.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:16 am

Post by chesskid3 »

It is also possible I got Singer/Springer confused. I have class in 30 minutes, so that will be all for now. Sorry for the chain posting.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:58 am

Post by chesskid3 »

For someone who isn't a fan of the incapable of rational thinking excuse, what's your excuse for not considering why asking what people's favorite roles are in a game with no PRs isn't rolefishing, and then acting like Uite was incredibly smart for pointing it out?

Also I'm going to have to disagree with you. A case based mostly on gut on page 6 is a towntell. Scum wouldn't throw out something like that because it draws a lot of attention to them. Chainsawing is a scumtell, however. Town FoS (1-2 town), you vote the town, the FoSed players OMGUS and like that, a wagon on a town has started, and you aren't even anywhere in the back-and-forth picture. What a perfect way to get a town lynched without having to be in the limelight, huh?

You say you found the weak case Zed made scummy. Well now "Zed" is making a strong case on you, based on the fact that you have yet to do any actual scumhunting, and your votes have been opportunistic.
What's your opinion of that?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:15 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Lowell and Antihero were the people Zed FoSed. Notice how both of them are on the OMGUS+chainsaw wagon?
That explains 3 out of 5 votes on me.
Mind quoting a few sentences of you scumhunting for me?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:18 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Also just because you put a vote down does not mean you put yourself in the spotlight. Most of the interaction I see involving Zed is Zed/Lowell arguing, because Lowell was Zed's scumread. He barely addresses you ever - the tone (and your case itself) of your case is off. Please though, prove me wrong with quotes. Like I said, you're a 60/40 read.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:41 am

Post by chesskid3 »

a2rude,Spring,Sevei. Your votes are on people who clearly are not getting lynched today. Do you not think either of me or quad is scum?
Do you want to remain in the shadows, and out of any VC analysis I will do after today's lynch?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:57 am

Post by chesskid3 »

On a side note Zed pmed me to thank me for replacing him so I don't think he's really all that put out. Sorry if you are, though, Zed. I'll do my best for ya :)
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:33 am

Post by chesskid3 »

There's really no way we'll make a deadline extension anyway - (not that we really need one). Just need the few people who are active to come on and decide on a lynch.
If we get a deadline extension I can see the votes remaining at 5 v 4 for a whole week, and that doesn't really help much at all.

It would be a 2 day extension.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:48 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Ooh Uite is cool was my reaction to seeing your name. You were in some game I read, and were good in it. Don't remember what alignment you were, but you were good.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:49 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Oh, 2 day extension. Sure.
For Deadline Extension

I'll do that analysis later tonight. Sleep is calling my name soon.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:19 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I don't remember, I'm sorry :( I _think_ you were scum and it was in Coney Island, but I'm not at all sure, sorry.

The thought pattern I belive I saw was the following. I'm going to have to reread to confirm this is actually the impression I get, but anyway:
Quad distancing from Equinox early, with attacking him for the first available (and very weak reason). But I noticed Equinox wasn't really jumping on Quad at all for such a blatantly scummy attack. Then the thought crossed my mind that they could be scumbuddies. I filed it in the back of my mind, and kept reading, and iirc quad continued to attack equinox until he replaced out.
Then when you replaced in, I noticed a bit of the same behavior. You actually called him harder than Equinox ever did, and then he buddied to your explanation, but you stopped short of going all out on him. Pity for a newbie? Reigning it in for a scumbuddy?
Honestly I doubt you're scum, I'm just pointing something out should quad flip scum and I die at night before I have a chance to examine you again D2. Your D1 behavior as a whole has been very pro-town, but I firmly believe in getting the trickier scum with VC analysis and scum-pair analysis.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:19 am

Post by chesskid3 »

There's the thought pattern. Depending on other games/other issues, I may do the full analysis today as well.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm STILL ALIVE
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Also awesome Uite is dead, so that means I wasn't the only person who thought he could be quadz's buddy. Good news is now I can't misslynch him. Will reread later tonight.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

...Wait Uite got killed by the werewolves. Hahahahahhaha That is some funny shit.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Oh ok Uite was killed by the regular scum.

He was my one of my top reads for quadz's teammate so it is also possible the other scum team tried to whack him.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

You're only allowed to self-hammer as scum. :P
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

The flavor was changed. scratch/claw marks = werewolf kill, no?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #302 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Oh we don't get to know who killed who? usually In the two scum teams I've played with each team has a kill flavor bah :(

Anyway, Today we hunt Quad's partner, because we want to be down to 1 kill per night.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

anyway what I meant to say is that Uite was obv not a mason so whoever killed him was possibly trying to kill the last werewolf. Idk.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:34 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Post some content then, and THEN call him pot kettle black. Jesus.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:36 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Just for the record, if activity remains this low and scum wins, I don't care really...I can't read people who don't post, so I'm not going to even try if the majority of players are lurking.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:56 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Nice post.
I had Uite pegged as his partner I'm still reeling from that :(
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:59 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Also I have 2 psets due on Tuesday, I will contribute my thoughts in some kind of WoT after that
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Real response coming Tues night, as I said.
Brief things:
Muffin, what slot are you replacing again?
and in response to this:
"I personally feel you should judge a role by all the players who have played it. Why don't you read the posts of players you replace?"
I trust my reads better than anyone elses. I don't really care who Zed found scummy, I care who I find scummy. I did read Zed's posts that were important for forming reads on other players, however.

Also since today's objective is to lynch the other Werewolf, and I'm pretty obviously not the other Werewolf, we're not lynching me today. (I'll still defend and deliver my promised content and shit on Tues like I said)
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Nah, like even if I were confirmed as a goon, it will still make more sense to at least try to find quadz' partner and lynch them. If we get the partner today we go into 2 v 6 with 1-2 living masons.
If we get a goon we go into (worst case, no crosskills (which there wont be, since if there is a crosskill last scum is screwed) 1 v 1 v 5 with 0-2 masons
And if we misslynch we go into (worst case) 2 v 1 v 4 which will suck hard.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

like, 2 v 1 v 4 either leads to double lylo vs goons, or a 1 v 1 v 2 Kingmaker/Prisoner's Dilemma, both of which I'd rather avoid.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

my math is not off.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

If we finish a scumteam, there is only 1 kill tonight. If we don't, there are two.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Because the interaction between Zed/Quad and Me/Quad was pretty obviously not a bus. Feel free to disagree, but I really don't see how you could.

Also I'm not a goon, I'm just trying to shelve pointless debate with the deadline on Friday. Let's find that werewolf.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

*can't be proven until the werewolf dies*
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #346 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:11 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I said before, I'm only posting one liners tonight, since I'm only checking in when I need a quick break. I have two psets due in 14 hours now, and I've yet to start one, mostly done with the other.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:45 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

No worries.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

4 days is plenty of time.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (isolation #37) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Have not forgotten about this. Will do it either in half an hour -an hour or so when I finish hwk for wed, or sometime wednesday.
Sorry for the delay, I had to make a bunch of catchup posts.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #356 (isolation #38) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:09 am

Post by chesskid3 »

OK MY ISO AND THOUGHTS AND STUFF ARE COMING AFTER LUNCH. STAY TUNED FOR AWESOMENESS
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (isolation #39) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:10 am

Post by chesskid3 »

also remind me never to play a 1 week deadline game again
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (isolation #40) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:49 am

Post by chesskid3 »

whoops sidetracked. doing this in a few minutes. (kinda sad how I like this game the least of any I'm in)
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:51 am

Post by chesskid3 »

ugh fine doing analysis
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:39 am

Post by chesskid3 »

So far:
Antihero in ISO gives some town vibes. The scummy points people bring up about him read more as frustration at the beginning of D1, and then he hits his stride later. I see a lot of scumhunting, something many people are lacking in this game.

SpringLullaby in ISO:
HOLY SHIT ONLY 5 POSTS WOWOOWOWOWOW
Holy shit only 1 post of any substance.
Ok welllll time to analyize this post:
There's scumminess in this post, but not enough to actually vote someone. Hopefully Muffin's ISO has more scumminess, though IIRC Muffin was pretty pro-town :/
springlullaby wrote:- Equinox is not getting town points for her over defensive reaction to people not liking her questions. Why are you not content with your questionnaire getting reaction since it is what you were apparently aiming for?
FOS Equinox
, I haven't counted, but seems there is plenty of votes already there.
-Noted for being scared of putting too many votes on someone (also a confirmed town flip) early on D1. Scum are often scared of this, since riding someone up to L-whatever draws attention.

- I think the Zed by Lowell push is bizarre, plenty of lurkers, why choose Zed in particular?
FOS LOWELL
, I'd like to see the discussion between these two develop a bit before pronouncing myself.
-Translation: I'd like to let them point out scummy things in each other before I hop on the weaker one.

- Singer/Antihero; blah, you guys may well be scum together. The entire back and forth feel artificial to me as it is making a big deal out of nothing; and hard to read too, please desist the bolding, and colouring. Singer is the scummier of the two, or the more antipathetic, but can't tell at this point.
-HO HO HO ANOTHER COP OUT OPENING.
-Questionnaire
1. What is your time zone? GMT+1
2. How much activity can we expect from you? Depends on whether I have something to say
3. What is your favorite role? Pumpkin shooting laser from its ass
4. Chaos or order? Stupid questions get stupid responses.

- As general advice, please stop saying that people's play are stupid. You may feel so but 1)you may not be right 2)it is not of any use to the game. If you have too, make a thread in mafia discussion after the game, or something.

VOTE: Promegranate Obvious scum.
I don'get the vote.

Lot of scum points here. Muffin's ISO better be good.

Muffin in ISO:
#0 - Canadian eh? +5 scum points (JK LOL)
#2 damn i think this is a not very scummy post on the surface, but lets look at it.
Analysis:
Muffin wrote:Day 1 thoughts: The players that stuck out to me the most were Equinox/ulite, quadz, zed/chesskid, and to a lesser extent kunkstar.

-Not that it's particularly relevant at this point, but glad to see my read of equinox and ulite was on the money.
Don't gloat about townreads. Not helpful

-Quadz was obvscum. Is there a quadz link with singersinger? Surprisingly astute read from quadz on zed in a couple of his posts. My immediate thought was that this doesn't look like bussing; Quasz is going for the jugular, so are they opposite scum factions or is zed merely town who gets upset far too easily? Time to read zed in iso.
Is it option A or maybe option B or maybe NEITHER OMG

Zed: Firstly, this post and the accompanying explanations are bogus. First she puts down a weak case, and gets immediately called on it. Then all of a sudden it's "oh ha ha guys, I was half joking, disregard that post plox"? Not buying it.

Also really disliking the appeal to emotion in her iso post #20, and playing "to save herself" which IMO is scummy. Townies ought to know that if they die they can still win, and in fact sometimes townies can do more service to the town by dying than they can by selfishly clinging to life. In fact, Zed is not doing a lot of scumhunting, if any at all. She gets real emotional when attacked, and spent almost the entirety of the game defending herself instead of creating a defensible position on someone. AFAICT her entire case on lowell seemed to consist of "lowell ignored my posts and laid down a poorly-reasoned FOS"

Points about Zed scummy granted

Time to pick up with chesskid where Zed left off:

-lol @ him getting bad vibes from nexus who flipped mason
Again, gloating about flips that are your way are bad.Especially considering you got "playesr that stuck out the most....Uite

This quote is interesting:
Vote for me if you want, replacing into scummy slots is hard, and I shouldn't get a pass because I replaced. Zed may very well have read as scum to me if I'd even bothered reading what he posted - I don't read my replacements posts for that reason.
I personally feel you should judge a role by all the players who have played it. Why don't you read the posts of players you replace?

-the pbpa on quad is nice, but to me there are just as many scum motivations for this as there are town motivations (assuming zed/chesskid and quadz are on different scum teams) so I'm not giving any town points for it.
You did a good thing, but I want you lynched so I'm going to ignore it? Amirite?

-I'd like to see chesskid's promised iso on singer

-It's awesome that Ulite was killed? Care to explain why? Pretty sure it's better for us if they cross-kill each other.

-note to self: reread lowell and a2r in iso

-------------------------------------

As far as my predecessor's play so far... The only plausible explanation for that first post I can think of is maybe deliberately trying to be scummy to get out of the RVS as fast as possible. I do that sometimes. Not answering the equinox questions might fit under that explanation, but not the random fosses. (Also I think fossing is stupid). Beyond that all I can say of spring's 4 posts is that I seriously disagree with his "ok" read on Zed. I find the zed/chesskid slot to be the scummiest in the game atm, so
-There is a very popular scumtell that if you cricitize your predesecors play excessively, you are scum. The logic being town don't care, and aren't worried about looking scummy. I agree with this scumtell.[/b]
vote: chesskid3
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:42 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I need to do SingerSinger iso, then my vote is going either on Singer or on Muffin, unless I can find that last friggin werewolf. (if my gut is right, Singer/Muffin are scum together)
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:57 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Cool defense bro
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Don't fear to start your own
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Antihero reads like town. Make a case, don't just say it.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (isolation #47) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Also if I get lynch scum with near-100% accuracy today I'll take that to a werewolf hunt, since a hunt for the scumbuddy is more likely to result in a misslynch. We can hit scum today and do the 1 v 1 v 4 tomorrow.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (isolation #48) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

idk i'm in like 7 games right now or something. I just got lynched in one so that should lessen the load.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:09 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Vote: Muffin

Deadline looming.
Promised ISO coming tonight but right now voting top scum suspect.

Activity in this game sucks
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #386 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Antihero scum means Muffin scum.
Either is good. They're both regular scum.
Any reason not to drop the hammer?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (isolation #51) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

that change in read on Antihero is based on the nice defense of Antihero and tunneling on chesskid brought to you by Muffin, his scumbuddy.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (isolation #52) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:56 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

And I just slept for 11 hours. I don't know what is wrong with me. If someone were to NK me I wouldn't have to do that stupid ISO, just saying :P
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (isolation #53) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Vote: Antihero
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (isolation #54) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:22 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I did LOL, though :P
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (isolation #55) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

a2rudeboy, why the hell did you have to softclaim mason + masonbuddy?
Seriously, not cool.
Anyhow Muffin is sstill scum, because he called a case crap and still voted it => survivalist mentality => scum.
Vote: Muffin
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #400 (isolation #56) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

check his ISO. he softclaimed/breadcrumbed mason like 3 times
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (isolation #57) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:50 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Nah man nailing werewolf scum is what mafia scum want to do.

Btw you're confirming being last mason, right?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (isolation #58) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:12 am

Post by chesskid3 »

f v e v e?
Also massclaim at this point amounts to us claiming mason/not mason?
Popcorn style?
I'll go first if you want.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:47 am

Post by chesskid3 »

But like it's not like the last mason isn't going to die tonight anyway :(
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (isolation #60) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Over the top? If a2rudeboy hadn't made it obvious who the masons were this would have been practically autowin.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (isolation #61) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

last mason is a confirmed clear, though.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #417 (isolation #62) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Muffin wrote:Is this the case on Antihero to which you keep making reference?
singersigner wrote:So...Antihero makes no mention of quadz and his scummy play, EVER. And only calls out Zed because he thinks he's only trying to divert the attention to the other growing wagon, completely disregarding the fact that plenty of other players agreed he was scummy (oh hey look, he flipped scum).

He also makes a big deal out of the whole me/Equinox thing, when in my opinion, forcibly not answering your own questions when one of them looks like fishing is scummy. To me, it felt like he was only trying to push a scummy issue on me, when other people even agreed it was suspicious. Hey, OMGUS? No, quoting people out of order, and not thinking that the order of the posts matter is scummy. You may have made a mistake, but then backtracking and saying it wouldn't have mattered anyway is BS.

He seems to by quite hypocritical with not wanting to read any WoTs, and then posting a couple of his own (doesn't matter if they're quotes, you admit that it's our responsibility to read them, so we will if you post them), as well as when he said he didn't admit he made a mistake, when he really did...and then admitted it was a mistake
again

Again, I still don't understand how he thinks quadz isn't scummy at the end of the day. He votes Zed...but doesn't give any reasons for doing so, other than "he's scummier." I feel like my wagon didn't take off, so he voted the only other wagon that wasn't his scum-buddy.
Well first things first, after rereading the game both full and with anti in iso I agree with your point that he never mentions quadz ever. However maybe he didn't think quadz' play was scummy? The fact that others thought quadz was scummy is irrelevant, and known as an Appeal to Majority. I'd like to hear from Antihero on this though.

I also feel that Antihero hasn't done much scumhunting at all throughout the game; most of his posts are just asking others for clarification which is classic "scum trying to look like they're contributing" play.

As for the equinox questions thing, I feel that that was a genuine misunderstanding, and hypocrite != scum.

Overall I'd say your case is pretty weak.
I thought you voted Antihero, but the bolded points are still a wonderful contradiction.

Questions for others:
What is a jeeptell?
How is being pissed that there are going to be no clears tomorrow a scumtell?
and How is the last mason not clear? If someone were to cc being the last mason, that would be super awesome.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (isolation #63) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:40 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

kunkstar7 wrote:
chesskid wrote:and How is the last mason not clear? If someone were to cc being the last mason, that would be super awesome.
If the last mason was not thinking enough to not counterclaim a fakeclaiming scum. But like I said, technicalities.
Well the point is rather moot, since a2rudeboy has as good as claimed mason + partner.
Also I was obviously not the only one to pick up on this, since singer died.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (isolation #64) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Smells like tunneling. Wonder why that is? Theories? Oh, right, because it is! Wheeeeeeeeeee
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (isolation #65) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Muffin wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:Smells like tunneling. Wonder why that is? Theories? Oh, right, because it is! Wheeeeeeeeeee
I already made my case yesterday... so far you haven't done anything to change my mind.
Yup, it was tunneling yesterday too.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (isolation #66) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Right, the part where I said we weren't lynching me because I was obv not the last werewolf => me claiming regular scum.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (isolation #67) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:08 am

Post by chesskid3 »

what the fuck do you think I claim?

Muffin is def scum, if a2rudeboy isn't scum he's scum as well.

Someone hammer me then.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (isolation #68) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:16 am

Post by chesskid3 »

a2rudeboy wrote:
vote:chesskid

i'm put off by how much you're pushing this mason issue, to me it reeks very much of scum trying to appear town and look useful. for one, why would you see the need to "out" the last mason yourself? (no one had brought it up mind you, you started the day by coming after me for outing singer and then for softclaiming/breadcrumbing) i can't see what the town motivation would be to bring out something like that. secondly, yes a mason is a pr, but it's a pretty useless one at this stage in the game, with the two other masons dead, all it really leaves us is a confirmed townie, which is better than nothing, but there's also no 100 hundred percent way to confirm the last mason's validity.
As in, this is incredibly opportunistic if a2rude is _not_ the mason, he's scum based on just this post,since he recyles old reasons _after_ the wagon has already formed.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (isolation #69) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:26 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Nope, no AtE. Replaced into a tough spot, had to expect to be lynched at some point, since I'm the easiest misslynch.

Actually if soeone could not hammer me before Wed night that would be great so I can do some pair analysis and give my likely scumreads. The good news about the 2 werewolf lynches in a row is that we get the misslynch to use on me.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (isolation #70) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:39 am

Post by chesskid3 »

"Or is it perhaps you picked up on it, and so singer died? I don't get why it's necessary to pull a mason claim out like a tooth. If you're town and you know who the mason is then keep it to yourself and let the masons decide when to reveal."
Yup I was waiting for someone to do that. Muffin is confscum.
I'll do pair analysis with the slot to find the other.
Wednight someone can hammer me, then it'll be 2 and out for a town win.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (isolation #71) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:51 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I made my case awhile ago, I'll suplement it with additional info when I find your partner.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (isolation #72) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm not fixated on outing the last mason. I am irked at a2rude if he is a mason for saying that singer was obvtown, which may very well have had an impact on the NK choice.
Since I said that, it has been blown out of proportion by scum.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (isolation #73) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

all but 1 or 2 of which were responses to something else. I have a big pset due tuesday, along with class till 430 and a midterm, so like I said I'll post my pair analysis and stuff on Wednesday, and then someone can hammer me if you still think I'm scum.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (isolation #74) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:48 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Hammer me on Wed after I post my analysiseseseses if you want. I don't care, honestly, just lynch the last two scum after that and you'll be fine.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #450 (isolation #75) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:33 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

anyone who hammers before Wed night is scum, btw.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (isolation #76) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Muffin wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:anyone who hammers before Wed night is scum, btw.
Hurry up and post the damn pair analyses already.
Nothing's stopping you from doing so, except the part where you don't actually have any reads on anyone because you're coasting.
Like I said, I'm busy. See you tonight.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (isolation #77) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:03 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I have said before, I have time for one liners that take about 60 seconds to type. I don't have time to do 5 ISOs and a PbpA until later today.

Btw the reason this game sucks is that everyone else in the game is cruising waiting for me to post my analysis. 2 scum crusing sure, but that makes 4 town who are happy sitting around not scumhunting. Tsk tsk. No matter who we lynch today, (except me lol), we're lynching someone who is anti-town.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (isolation #78) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

oh wow I thought I'd done this already (dreamt it apparently). It will be up soon.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (isolation #79) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:01 am

Post by chesskid3 »

kunkstar7, springlullaby/Muffin, a2rudeboy,Sevei, Pomegranate, Lowell

Springlullaby's one post: FoSes Equinox/Uite and Lowell, votes Pomegranate.
Muffin's ISO highlights:
First content post has a lot of self back-patting. "glad to see my read of equinox and ulite was on the money."
Compare these:
"The players that stuck out to me the most were Equinox/ulite, quadz, zed/chesskid, and to a lesser extent kunkstar."
and "-Quadz was obvscum."
Was there a point to the order of the list, or was it just a list of the active players of the game?
"-lol @ him getting bad vibes from nexus who flipped mason"
Again, self back-patting. Not something town does.
"-note to self: reread lowell and a2r in iso" never done because LURK2VICTORY AMIRITE?
I mentioned this earlier, but:
"As far as my predecessor's play so far... The only plausible explanation for that first post I can think of is maybe deliberately trying to be scummy to get out of the RVS as fast as possible. I do that sometimes."
This is a popular scumtell. Town don't criticize their predecesors play. I came in at L-2 and I didn't. He comes in with no votes and finds it necessary to criticize, because he wants to disconnect with the (not even that scummy) predecesor.

Then there's this gem:
"If deadlines are looming, I'll stand in line for an Antihero lynch too."
"Is this the case on Antihero to which you keep making reference?...Overall I'd say your case is pretty weak."
Surivavilist scum? I think so.
"aww are we appealing to emotion now?" Sarcasm = scumtell. Everybody knows this.

People Muffin has suspected: Me. He replaced in with 3 scum alive, and it's just been me. How is that not tunnelling? Every other case presented (hint hint Antihero the WEREWOLF has been dismissed as crap, because he is a nilla mafia and knew I wasn't a werewolf or a nilla, so he wanted me lynched).
Other than that all he has done is sit back while lurker town/lurker scum just BW hop.
Now to find who his buddy is/who else is scum.

Kunkstar7:
Lot of back and forth with Zed, reading the ISO i noticed the back and forth accusing was going on without a vote put down, only joining the wagon after it had momentum.
Possible scum, but unlikely. Mostly pro-town.

a2rudeboy:
Gives town points to Equinox who was being scummy :/
Votes Lowell
Talks about meta - scumtell?
Nah. Town. Pretty useless town, but still mason meh.

Pomegranite:
"And Lowell is scummy as usual"
bleh no Pom is town.

Yeah so one of Sevi/Lowell is the last scum.
I'm leaning lowell, because while many people in the game have point out he's scummy, he's been allowed to run on his scummy reputation and get no suspicion or anything. He's coasting.
vote hops every single post. Voting muffin on suspicion of being a werewolf is cool, that way when the werewolf flips, he can say muffin is clear :/
"NOT a huge fan of chesskid's mason-fishing, or his over-the-top reaction to a mason dying." BWs on the popular sentiment.

Muffin 90% scum, Lowell 60% scumbuddy, Sevei 40%. They both change their votes way too often for town, seemingly unsure of any reads, or just tossing shit around until something sticks.
The fact that nobody has been after Sevei or Lowell all game is bad too. One of them is scum for sure.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (isolation #80) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:03 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Pomegranate wrote:
Muffin wrote:Hurry up and post the damn pair analyses already.
Yes CK, all I'm doing is waiting for this. So just get it done with already, so I can hammer.
Out of curiousity, are you standing around with a hammer and thinking everything looks like a nail, or do you think I'm scum, and if so why?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (isolation #81) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:28 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Nice OMGUS hammer + distancing there, mr scumbuddy.

Take a wild fucking guess what I'm going to flip.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (isolation #82) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:29 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Oh to clarify, if Muffin or Lowell doesn't swing tomorrow, I am going to rage.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (isolation #83) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:55 am

Post by chesskid3 »

sure thing, bro.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (isolation #84) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:57 am

Post by chesskid3 »

lowell,pom and kunk voted, sevei is dead. I think it's game over, but IDK :P
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (isolation #85) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:57 am

Post by chesskid3 »

i'm dead so i'll shut up now
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #526 (isolation #86) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

ya lurking killed this, and Lowell was obviously scum. Muffin's tunneling was bad as well.

Return to “Completed Open Games”