Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:45 am

Post by Twilight Sparkle »

Hello to those of you I know (most of you!). This playerlist is awesome and we were happy to replace in.

I understand that the duty of a replacement is not just to hunt for scum, but also to try to provide some transparency for a slot that has been empty for too long. As such, we've decided to abandon any immediate coherence in the interets of producing content very fast. Our plan is to have each head write their own catch-up post, and THEN reach consensus later on. The alternative - catch up in secret, hash out reads, THEN post - is slow and unhelpful for those trying to read our slot.

We'll clearly mark each post so you know if a post is an individual head's speculation or the view of the whole hydra.

I should have some stuff inbound soon. As I understand it, Sotty has already begun catching up, while Mina is going to be sparsely posting for a few days.

-hito
Twilight Sparkle is a majestic pony union of hitogoroshi, Mina, and Sotty7.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:58 am

Alright, one hour livebloggin' catchup. No ISO's this time around; I'm at work and would rather just blaze through a catchup rather than start an ISO spetacular and have to throw the save file around. (Well, actually, I'd
rather
be playing Charles Barkley, Shut up and Jam: Gaiden, but Oman called me awesome so this game gets bumped up the priority list!)

Llama's 81 over-dramatizes the DH wagon.

chkflip's list of "reads" in 88 is odd.

Don't like Bob 115. Seems to imply "When you post, it should cover absolutely everything you want covered since your last post." Sometimes people just post jokey one-offs, man.

Fate's 130 (reaffirming that he wants NS policy lynched) gets him some town points and some hito-agreement points.

(I got distracted reading the new Bloodline Champions patch notes here, if any of you are gonna be neckbeards and say "THERES NO WAY AN HOUR ONLY GOT HIM THAT FAR OBVSCUM HERPA DERPA. I needed some time to get over my sorrow of this awful Glutton rework.)

DH is being annoying as fuck but he's probably town. I've mislynched DH-town before for his over-aggression and postspammyspammy. would rather not repeat
Thor 176 wrote: Let's team up with the guy who thinks the same way I do for ultimate win via forcing everyone to deal with Thor twice over - a true recipe for awesome.
I have no goddamn clue what you're saying here. help a brotha out
DemonHybrid 181 wrote:
You should stop being annoying.

1. I used it as an ironic example, since that was a big discussion earlier on.

2. By your logic, everything that scum says is wrong, right? Forget about not being genuine, it's all about being wrong, apparently.

Scum sometimes say things that are right, however, not genuine. You expect me to completely disown an obvious tell (acting as if the other person is known town) just because I think you're scum and you used it in this game?
this post is bullshitty. Ironic example? wtf

I'm PRETTY sure this is just a townie throwin down some post hoc reasoning on the Day [9] shittalking principle but still. No smiles
Sudo 199, Responding to Demonhybrid wrote: Translation: "Oh, shit, I need to deflect suspicion! Who can I target?" For a man who said himself that he's fine with being lynched if it generates discussion, you're doing an awful lot to counterwagon anybody who hones into your view.

Counterwagon anyone who hones into view?? Demonhybrid had cast exactly one (1) (I) (this many ---> o ) vote before the Sociopath vote you're quoting.

In fact Sudo 199 is probably the single worst post I've read so far. His vote is in RVS limbo, he's making sure to call out people who are also not contributing and sparring with people that suspect him over other lurkers. Dunno about you guys but when someone suspects me when I'm town and not contributing, my first thought isn't "wait, he doesn't suspect noncontributors x y and z? LETS YELL ABOUT IT" it's "aww fuck, I'd better contribute".

note to self: start up again top of page nine.

-hito
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:49 am

Okay, Sotty here. I finished reading the whole game and unlike Hito or even Ran when he replaced in, you won't see a bunch of ISOs nor a PBPA from me. Not my style. I will explain where I am in the game and my important reads, looking to get into the action ASAP which tends to be much better for scum hunting.

Town

Thor665
Nachomamma8 (DemonHybrid)
Plum
Ranmaru (Zorblag)

Crazy
Fate
Llamafluff
Cyberbob
Papa Zito
chkflip
Oman
Punkin

Agar
SocioPath
Nobody Special
Cogito Ergo Sum
Sudo_Nym

Scum

For a flash in the pan this is where I'm at. Towniest of town at the top of the list, Scummy McScum at the bottom. The spaces are just rudimentary tiers, everyone from Papa Zito up are on the town side of null and from chkflip down are on the scum side. There is a lot of hard to read people in this game, whether it be play style preference or lurking, it sucks. But lets get to it.

Sudo is my top scum pick. Consider this post a willingness to hammer him, from what I saw from Hito he would feel the same way. His early “RVSing” felt unnatural, he struggled to transition into the real game. It doesn't help that he primarily focuses on defending himself, I see extremely little in the way of scum hunting in the early goings. The opening of this post, deflecting to Oman's lurking makes me twitch. Then there is this:
Sudo_Nym Post 199 wrote:
Thor665 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:
chkflip wrote:Llama, so you're confirming that it's okay for Cogito to do it... but not Sudo? Got it.
Only have one vote here. That moved CES up a bit though, but I see his early vote as being a minor contribution to the game in getting a wagon kickstarted.

starting to think chk is town afterall here given this last page.
I will give town points to the Llama for going where I would have gone. I don't find CES in the same category of what Sudo is doing at all. I actually found chk functionally town at this stage too, though that opinion took a nose dive later - I'll probably have a quote for that.
Sudo may not have made any super impact yet, but CES hasn't, either. The fact that you'd try to call me out for not being super serious in RVS, while be fine with CES doing the same, speaks of tunnel vision, at the very best. I won't bother quoting the rest of your post, largely because it's ridiculous. "Shamefail," seriously?
The whole thing reads like you're trying to make the facts fit the circumstances, rather than the other way around, and it's not a good place to be.
Trying to claim tunnelvision so early is bizarre. He then dismissing the rest of Thor's push on him, labelling it as “ridiculous” but won't explain why and then the bold is just posturing without contextually evidence to back it up. Just feels like Sudo is taking the easy way to discredit Thor case without actually speaking to it.

His suspicion of DH was poorly expressed and just seemed to come out by mistake. It was like he saw a chance to pile the pressure on DH and took it
“Hell, I find you scummy, and I'm not currently voting you, either. I fail to see how that affects the nature of the posts.”
He traps himself here because he still has his RVS vote going. Punkin questions him about it and he unvotes. It is just all very fishy, I don't like it at all. It doesn't feel like true progression of suspicion, more like him talking himself into his DH dislike. I won't even say hate, because it's unclear really if Sudo believes DH is truly suspicious or not. Post 327 is where he finally votes the DH slot and it is ugh. A cop out. I really want him lynched today and it looks like I will be getting my wish.

My next scum reads are all a bit a like, CES, NS and Socio. None of them are contributing to game at all. I think Crazy's catch on CES is pretty good. Yes he does like to wagon people, but I think he got caught trying to express two different motivations and I find that scummy. NS needs to post content. The amount of posts that are him promising content is way too much. Post content or die next. I don't want to hear excuses or your sass, I want to know your reads because I have no clue right now. Socio is Socio, I don't have a lot of experience with him, but he does seem to be coasting in a similar manner as in MoHo. He's down here because I haven't seen anything townie looking from him all game. Agar is next and this is more of a gut read at this point. I kinda want to wait and see what happens with him.

There isn't a whole lot of difference with my middle of the pack. Lots of lurking in there too which sucks. Crazy started off slow and was a scum read of mine but his posting has improved a lot lately. My town reads are town and awesome. Not really interested in elaborating there just yet.

So that's me, waiting on my other ponies to catch up so we can mind meld and junk.

~ Sotty
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:53 am

Punkin Post 524 wrote:Hito+sotty? Hellzya! Interested in your opinion of chk.
My only real issue with chk was his strange reads post early on and how he was so willing to change his posting style as if to fit in. Other than than, I'm not seeing a lot of the case on him at this point and think there are much better people we could be lynching today.

~Sotty
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:41 pm

CES, you were scum in that game. I'm missing the point.

~Sotty
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Cogito Ergo Sum Post 565 wrote:It clearly establishes that I say "Why isn't X dead yet?" non-seriously; I don't see how my alignment that game comes into it, given the argument put forward.
Alignment is an important part of the puzzle. This did make me have a quick poke around in your past games to see you have done this sorta thing as town as well so, eh. I demand you become easier to read. What do you think of Punkin?

Fate's death does make me feel even better about a Nobody Special vote, possibly even a Cyberbob one as well. I think I am the only pony up to date so I will follow my gut until they are caught up

Vote: Nobody Special

~Sotty
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #617 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:30 am

Just checking in quick. Somewhat busy this afternoon, so I'm going to hold onto our vote for now, need to do a little reading.

~Sotty.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:32 am

Punkin Post 624 wrote:Self-hammer usually indicates heavy scum involvement because otherwise, why not let a buddy get cred?

This was my feeling about the NS hammer. I haven't played with him that much to know he does this a lot as scum. What was the game he did it to WIFOM you?

Looking at that final vote count, SocioPath and Agar are my top picks for scum. Bob a distant 3rd.

Punkins posts today are making me feel better about that slot.

I was going to place my vote on Agar but I don't want another quick day as my other heads still aren't caught up. I'm working on a project that I hope to get done this morning, so I'll be back later to re-read NS and probably chk.

~Sotty
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:40 am

SocioPath Post 663 wrote:
Twilight Sparkle wrote:SocioPath and Agar are my top picks for scum.

~Sotty
As someone who was scum with both of us, as from an overseeing position in MOHO...is that what you REALLY believe?
Or are you just saying that?

I think I know what you're getting at here and yes it is what I believe. I am more convinced about AGar than you however. I just feel like you are coasting in a very similar manner that you did in MoHo, but I think I mentioned that already.

= = = = = =

Chkflip re-read doesn't make me want to vote there. So I had a look at Punkin's points on him to see if I could get my head around it. I don't agree that being over defensive is a scum tell at all. I also don't see how he is misrepping Sudo in that link. In fact a lot of players seemed to think it was a catch. LF, AGar, Oman, CES all voted after chk's post that seems to suggest that they either thought it was a good point or Sudo was a good wagon and Chk's point was a misrepp because they didn't mention it.

Of course I had also noticed that you (Punkin) had voted for Sudo, right after chk's vote actually. At first I thought I had caught you as scum trying to have it both ways (voting Sudo/calling a misrep). I had typed this all out complete with a vote for you. Then I waded further into your ISO to see you explain why you did that with an attempt to manipulate the vote counts.

I'm impressed if a little annoyed that my eureka! moment was busted.

Still it got me looking over that whole interaction and I agree with Plum that AGar comes out of that wagon looking horrible with how quickly he shifted from NS to Sudo. Oman is another poor looking vote. He really hasn't been present in this game at all and I wouldn't be surprised if he flipped scum as a result. As for the others, Llama was following his suspicions as best as I can tell and CES was wagoning which is what he does, so null.

I'm waiting on AGar's content post of the day but I am feeling increasingly happy about putting our vote on him sooner rather than later.

An AGar scum flip points towards Cyberbob town as well, so I am dropping him down my list.

~Sotty
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:33 am

SocioPath Post 670 wrote:I just find it odd that you mention coasting, while "ignoring" hito's and Mina's.

How is Mina's scum game?

How is hito's?

I know yours is strong.
So you could probably be a good judge on the other two of you.

I actually haven't played with either when they have been scum so I can't comment on that.

There is a reason I am taking it upon myself to spearhead this game but it involves ongoing games so I can't explain yet. I wouldn't even say either of those two are coasting seeing as we are one player slot and as long as the slot is producing then things are good. I know Hito is some what busy with school and approached me to hydra this game with him and Mina as a favour to Singersinger. I have faith my other heads will eventually catch up, until then I will keep posting.

Punkin Post 672 wrote:
@TS:
Here's a link to the relevant VCA from that game. Scroll down to the last VC. Fate, who is the only unconfirmed scum player on the wagon, was also the only scum. NS
did not
give his second buddy (Andrius) the opportunity to hammer for cred.

Overall, that game would be good for meta homework because it included Fate, NS, AGar, and myself.

Thanks for the link, I will give it a look over the weekend. Also:

Vote: AGar

~Sotty
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Yeah I didn't catch up in this game over the two nights. Sotty was pretty on the ball and I was kinda thinking we might be nk'd on reputation?

Anyway back to stream of consciousness from where I left off, top of page 9:

chks 208 is an overly-involed case on DH. slight scumpoints.

Nobody Special 225 wrote:Punkin, don't tell me how to play, thx.

Vote: Punkin

Happy?

Townpoints for Punkin, and there's probably a scumbag somewhere on the Sudo wagon as it was circa 225: {LlamaFluff, Cyberbob, Crazy, Thor665,
Fate
, Punkin}

Cyberbob 233 wrote:on phone from work, basically wanted to +1 the suspicion of sociopath (i am being a dirty parroter but i will add more hopefully when i get home)

Cyberbob is probably town.

AGar 256 wrote:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Crazy

I don't buy into the "OMG DH freaked and replaced = obvtown" stance, so I'm not going to drop my suspicion there. But Crazy has been really trying to push himself against that DH wagon in a bizarre way. I don't like trying to debunk the wagon because the player is "too weird" to be scum. Bullshit. Find a real reason. And "intentionally" dropping a scumtell isn't good enough. You pushed weak reasoning against the wagon, but also decided then to not utilize your vote at all. Even now you're weakly nibbling around trying to find a wagon to get behind without doing anything yourself.

DH laid a shit trap that looked like scum trying to bait a god damned mislynch. He was wagonned because of it. He cracked under pressure and replaced out. What's telling about that at all? What's to say he's not scum freaking out about getting busted? Seriously, why is everyone just flipping "Yep, he's totes town," for that... Last I checked extreme emotion outbursts weren't a town-tell, and if they are I'll just freak out like that next time I get run up.

This is a scummy post, particularly "looked like scum". For a post voting for crazy this sure is all about DH.

Sociopath 264 wrote:
Sudo was called out for stupid shit that half of everyone else in the game is/was doing.
Guess people thought Sudo was the easiest target for that sort of thing.

townpoints for Socio after Sudo's flip.

townpoints for crazy's 269.

Punkin 286 wrote:I've seen scum make intentional gender/identity mistakes early in D1 before, as distancing from a buddy.

uuuuhhhhhhhhh what?

Fate 324 wrote:
This Crazy wagon is built on sand and full of horsecrap.

Do not like

This is about right.

Punkin 343 wrote:UNVOTE: Crazy
VOTE: NobodySpecial

Fate wrote:I don't sheep you, nor do I vote contributors D1.

1/2?

+ townpoints

LlamaFluff 345 wrote:
Unvote
Vote AGar

Fate if you sheep here I will give you a trial membership in the town alliance.

I'm getting vibes that Llama is scum and AGar is town. Anyone have meta on Llama and know if he would be this blatant in that situation?

NobodySpecial 356 wrote:

Some thoughts:

Nacho is lurking harder than me. I don't like that.

Both Crazy and chkflp are stalking; aside from the fact that it personally annoys me, it's irritating and against the spirit of the game.

chkflp seems to be doing more out-of-game player analysis than in-game player analysis; that's a common scum tactic.

unvote
Vote: chkflip

I am happier with the chkflp wagon than the Sudo wagon.

Someone asked about my vote for Punkin: it was primarily a reaction to the pressure they put on me to vote. It's my nature; when someone pushes me to vote before I'm ready, I vote them. I vote when I'm ready, and not before. And when someone pisses me off, I'm ready to vote them. Clear enough?

If I missed any questions, I apologize; feel free to pester me.

I know that's a big post to post in its entirity but I feel like it is full of delicious sweets.

In particular, after browsing it, I don't think he mentioned a single scumbuddy in that post. I feel like there's a strong chance every name in that post is town. Even chkflip which sucks cause he sure reads scummy.

chkflip 382 wrote:
I've decided to slim my posts down because it seems to be the common consensus that I'm dumbtown or overcompensating-scum, neither of which I like so I'm attempting to generate more concise and well thought posts.

oh man this is so scummy

but

I don't see that NS vote as a bussssss

Agar [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=2962079#p2962079]396[/url] wrote:
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Sudo_Nym

NS and Crazy still need to die sooner than later.

made that a hyperlink so you can click it! scroll up and notice he votes for NS in his last post before this. neither sudo nor ns posted in the interiem between his NS vote and sudo vote. now that ns has flipped scum that is just awful

chkflip wrote:
AGar, I'm fairly certain SocioPath is talking about keeping me around because he thinks, for lack of a better way to put it, I'll "buss my buddies."

chkflip what am I even reading here

singersinger wrote:
This is the last time I will post a votecount because someone says "pretty please."

I think that if people request ten vote counts a day you should give ten vote counts a day. the more frequent they are the easier they are to do per count.

random thought: look at punkins 408 and 418. Why wait for a vote count to unvote someone you think is town and vote for someone you think is scum? paranoid hito says: scum trying to game your own analysis.

speaking of your analysis, singer didn't count Plum's vote for NobodySpecial. Edit those in your analysis.

Cyberbob wrote:
Scum hopped on Sudo's wagon in the last flurry of votes. Count on it.

I like the cut of your jibe, good sir. Relevant list is {Punkin, LlamaFluff, AGar, Oman, Cogito Ergo Sum, Plum}.

Oman 437 wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:Scum hopped on Sudo's wagon in the last flurry of votes. Count on it.

I agree. One, maybe two, but no more.

Punkin, mate/honey, surely if you think chkflip is first to sudo, sudo would be the better vote due to a closer proximity to lynch?

this post is fucking awful. ten dollars says Oman knew Sudo was flipping town.

ranmaru makes my eyes glaze over. I kinda skimmed a few pages because blaaaaaaaaaaah.

Llama gets townpoints for his back and fourth with NobodySpecial top of page 22.

Ranmaru 533 wrote:Seriously. I saw Sudo post 20 minutes before I said "Sudo is online" yesterday. ...

Unvote
Vote: Sudo

This is one of my huge scumtells (finding an objective lynch criterion). But I dunno, I kinda just GAVE FUCKING UP on reading Ranmaru in the interests of reading this thread. I'll get back to him sometime I'm sure

Oman 540 wrote:
Anyway, Sudo loses a lot of my respect unless he's scum. Whatever, dudes.

yeah Oman TOTALLY FUCKING KNOWS Sudo is flipping town

SocioPath 543 wrote:
Ranmaru wrote:Hey Sudo Woodo! Can you respond to my 486? Thank you :3
Ranmaru wrote:He's gone... ;-;

Ranmaru wrote:Seriously. I saw Sudo post 20 minutes before I said "Sudo is online" yesterday. ...

Unvote

I'll bite.
Unvote

ugh

oh hey there's my first catchup post! hi me. I can't believe I thought the Glutton rework was awful back then. It's fucking boss.

And end of Day One! Taking a break before I do the five-odd pages left. If I wasn't in a hydra I'd be voting Oman here.

1. Punkin - townish with some tinfoil misgivings
2. Cyberbob - townread that splits the heavens
3. AGar - scummy but eh, need to really dig in the walls to be sure
5. Oman - scumscumscum
6. Papa Zito* - town flavored null
7. SocioPath - started town, ended meh. saving this one
9. Ranmaru Zorblag - cbf to read him right now. DEFERED
10. Thor665 - town flavored null
11. Plum* - town flavored null
13. chkflip* - reads scummy, but unlikely scumbuddy to ns
14. Cogito Ergo Sum - votes a lot and barely posts at fucking all. will need some flips to really look at him I think.
15. Llamafluff* - town
16. Twilight Sparkle Nikanor - town!
17. Crazy - strong town

-hito
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Crazy wrote:@hito

What do the asterisks next to PZ, Plum, chk, and Llama mean?

prods, I just copypasted that list from the first post

Why is chk an unlikely buddy to NS?

Post 356.

Why do you say you have a suspicion that AGar is town and Llama is scum, but then in the summaries at the bottom you say Llama is town?

Suspicion in the wall= looking at one post, seeing a potential connection, and speculating on it. Summary at the bottom = net thoughts on everyone. I think, on the whole, Llama looks town. That one particular post seemed to suggest Llama could be scum trying to divert to an AGar mislynch, and I'm curious as to how people with meta experience of him interpret it.

-hito
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:41 pm

Looking at D2:

Hard to suss out the bussing votes from the natural on NS. I'm sure there is SOME bussing in a wagon that fast, but it was probably planned and there's some crafted WIFOM or some shit. whatever.

Hey Llamafluff why the powerhammer tag fuckup thing

DAY THREE

SocioPath wrote:
Vote: LlamaFluff

The amounts of coaching towards NS in particular sits even worse with everything else that he has been slumming about, regarding NS and otherwise.

[citation needed]

Punkin voting "as a marker" is pinging that paranoid gaming their own analysis part of my lizard brain

Ranmaru 607 wrote:
Hmmm, what do you think of Socio's reason for voting you? Is it legit?

Crazy, follow me.

Vote: CES

Why name crazy in particular?

AGar 613 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:Still think Crazy is scum?

Yes. He's simply been trying to deflect my attacks on him with "Nuh-uh, you're scummy!" all game. I haven't seen something productive from him since early D1.

VOTE: Crazy

What the fuck am I reading. Jeepers creepers I'm having trouble reading the AGar-Llama connection but I smell something.

Thor wrote:Punkin just produced possibly the best supported VCA I've ever seen and nobody is backing his play after it.

This one was sprung a little prematurely in my view.

Punkin: How do you choose who is scummiest in VCA?

Eh not too much new stuff. D1 was the great day.

I still want Oman lynched more than anyone else. Will talk with Sotty when she's back. In the meantime it'd be rude to swap the vote so soon.

AGar lynch I could probably support, though I'd need to read him in ISO because I skimmed his walls. chk, eh. Has some scummy posts but he just DOESN'T SEEM like NS's scumbuddy.

Very interested in what CES says on re-read.

If I was a three shot vig, Oman would be dead. Then probably AGar even though I'd be taking it on faith (faith from a conf. town though) the walls were null/scummy. If either of them flipped scum I'd shoot CES on policy because we'd have the tempo. If both flipped town...fuck, I'd reread the whole game before daring to use that third bullet.

-hito
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:25 pm

chkflip wrote:
Sparkle - so it's scummy that I want to try to up my game here? We're playing with a lot of experienced players in this game and I'm trying my best not to be the same ol VI that everyone pins me down to be.

Upping your game is town. Loudly proclaiming "HENCEFORTH THE GAME SHALL BE UPPED" hits me wrong. More former, less latter, if you please. Don't worry, we'll notice if you start kicking ass.

LlamaFluff wrote:
@TS - Why are you concerned so much about how Ythill does VCA?

Geniuenly curious. There is a lot of vague groupings and I'm wondering how they're synthesized into a single "scummiest by VCA".

Explain how AGar works as compared to other reads, it seems a little fluid for my liking.

From what I've read of AGar, he seems pretty scummy (not as bad as Oman.) But I'd be lying if I said I've read 100% of his posts, and I can't in good conscience call him a strong scum read until I've done so. Sotty's got a stronger scum read on him, though, and the next time we meet eachother on AIM (I only just caught up in real-time with that top of the page post), I'm going to have her guide me through. (Maybe I'll even ISO him? Ideally I'd like to ISO spectacular but it's finals week next week so blah)

I mean, CES and Ranmaru are also reads I'm pretty fluid on at the moment. The difference with AGar is that Sotty has clearly seen some very scummy stuff, and she's town, so it's a top priority for me to see what she sees so I can compare it with my Oman read.

-hito
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:43 am

Punkin wrote:We didn't think Sudo was town, but I think that's beside the point you're making. The reason I called for a VC is because our vote lead that charge against Sudo and I wanted to get a snapshot before any of the sheep followed me off.

Okay so you are gaming your own analysis but not to make yourself look good. makes sense

You trying to get me modkilled? (Thanks for pointing this out. Mind telling me which count, so I don't have to skim the thread for the vote?)

Singersingers 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2 should have Plum voting for Sudo.

After posting the raw analysis, I grab a pen and paper, tallying up town and scum points. Later in the game, I also adjust based on possible (and ruled out) connections. What is your reason for asking this? I figure you (Hito) are familiar with my methods by now.

In that game we were lovers (which was awesome btw) I could follow your bruteforcing, and, while it was ultimately wrong, I easily saw how you ended up picking mallowgeno. Here, there are more people alive, and your picking of chkflip seems black-boxed. I could think of quite a few names you could feasibly call the "scummiest" by VCA, and I guess I'm just trying to get inside the process a little more.

CES wrote:Hey! I was going to let you misspelling "jib" go, but if this is how it's going to be, don't expect any pleasantries from me.

I don't expect pleasantries. I expect content, and I'm not getting any. Now vote.

-hito
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:48 am

EBWOP: Misspoke. Singersingers 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.1, and 2.2 should have Plum voting for
NobodySpecial

-hito

The votecounts 1.8-2.2 already had Plum as voting for Nobody Special.
Last edited by singersigner on Sun May 01, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (isolation #16) » Thu May 05, 2011 3:23 pm

AGar's ISO paints Crazy and PZ brightly town. The tone of his attack on Crazy doesn't strike me as bussing and seems to be blaming Crazy for DH's wagon collapse in post 256. From there he keeps pushing all over Crazy in a pretty bad away.

As for PZ, AGar calls him town a couple of times but still attempts to discreidt him a little. Felt out of place with how he was insiting PZ was town (“I hate meta, but here's some to buddy to PZ”) It was like he wanted PZ to return the favour a points.

In contrast Thor's interactions with AGar look horrible. There is a lot of posting between the two of them that never seems to go anywhere.

Post 256
Post 266
Post 297
Post 317

All these posts have AGar and Thor chatting about what's happening in the game. Softball questions litter these posts and no real suspicion is expressed by either at any time. It's busy work.

I have a lot of town reads at this point. My preferred lynch pool is

Ranmaru
Thor665
Cogito Ergo Sum

CES is something of a wild card. Ran was defending AGar yesterday as well as posting a hella lot of fluff. Thor for reasons I have gone into slightly in this post.

Everyone else is pinging different degrees of town. Chkflip and Plum are the only other two I would be open to moving down towards the lynch pool. I'm unsure about Plum a little after seeing how bare her ISO is. She did make an excellent AGar vote though so.. chkflip I'm reading town, but it's mostly a strong gut read. I can't really explain it. Tone of posts maybe? Something like that.

Vote: Thor

~Sotty
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (isolation #17) » Mon May 09, 2011 2:44 am

Got the prod, sorry about that. Weekend + not catching up with other heads caused the lag.

Expect content sometime today.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (isolation #18) » Tue May 10, 2011 2:45 pm

sorry for my lack of impact. lot of priorities as I move back home and this was lower on the list

still prefer a Ran lynch to a chk because chk and NobodySpecial just DON'T FEEL LIKE SCUMBUDDIES.

Nobody Special wrote:Some thoughts:

Nacho is lurking harder than me. I don't like that.

Both Crazy and chkflp are stalking; aside from the fact that it personally annoys me, it's irritating and against the spirit of the game.

chkflp seems to be doing more out-of-game player analysis than in-game player analysis; that's a common scum tactic.

unvote
Vote: chkflip

I am happier with the chkflp wagon than the Sudo wagon.

Someone asked about my vote for Punkin: it was primarily a reaction to the pressure they put on me to vote. It's my nature; when someone pushes me to vote before I'm ready, I vote
them.
I vote when I'm ready, and not before. And when someone pisses me off, I'm ready to vote them. Clear enough?

If I missed any questions, I apologize; feel free to pester me.

look at that

loooooook

looooooooooooooooooooooook

-hito
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (isolation #19) » Fri May 13, 2011 7:53 am

Sorry we've kinda been AWOL lately, fixing that though.

Right now we're willing to end the day with a Ran hammer. He should get in here and post his final reads ASAP.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1044 (isolation #20) » Sat May 14, 2011 1:20 am

Unvote, Vote: Ran

Pew, pew, pew.

I'm surprised Plum didn't hammer. Oh well.
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Twilight Sparkle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (isolation #21) » Wed May 18, 2011 1:15 am

Vote: No lynch

Return to “Completed Open Games”