SigmaEXE003
Goon
SigmaEXE003
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by SigmaEXE003 »

Okay, here I am.

Viscera seems suspicious. He keeps changing his tone all over the place and seeing what sticks. As in, in post 28, he seems to be trying to be intimidating or aggressive. Then after that, he tries to atone for that by saying stuff like 'I'm a nice guy, really. Stop taking things personally.' once he's called out on it. Basically, he starts caring what people think of him. Then with Lady he started being arrogant. Now he 'gives up' and tries to make his replacement's job easier. Once he's called out on it he says 'Just kidding, I'll keep playing.' Now he's trying to be apologetic with reasons seemingly pulled out of his ass.

Basically, what I'm getting at is, scum trying to look like an aggressive and sure-of-himself scumhunter but backtracking when someone doesn't like it. Also on backtracking...
Viscera wrote:VOTE: Lady Lambdadelta

For very scummily jumping on the VE bandwagon based on flimsy reasoning and
refusing to cooperate in town scumhunting operations

Bolded: i.e. Not answering questions.
As for your second question, the fact that you didn't answer the questions does NOT make you scum.

Also, there's the use of Appeal to Emotion strewn throughout.
SigmaEXE003
SigmaEXE003
Goon
SigmaEXE003
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:21 am

Post by SigmaEXE003 »

Nice double standard there. You expect to survive scrutiny if you hammer, but if anyone else does, they're confirmed scum in your book?
SigmaEXE003
SigmaEXE003
Goon
SigmaEXE003
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #2) » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:22 am

Post by SigmaEXE003 »

The point is, you emphasized the word "except." That implies that you specifically want to hammer. Any particular reason?
SigmaEXE003
SigmaEXE003
Goon
SigmaEXE003
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 am

Post by SigmaEXE003 »

Magua wrote:Thread needs more Sigma and Stefan.

That it does. Unfortunately, life doesn't always let me post. I try to get on whenever possible.
Magua wrote:Sigma I find scummy for the complete opposite, he's all "Viscera is scummy" but then never actually votes him while still continuing to shoot down his posts.

And that's scummy... why?

I don't really like Magua's case on Seraphim. He said that VE looked town
on page 2
. From what I've seen, replacements tend to give their thoughts as of certain posts. I don't think him saying VE was scummy later is contradicting himself, rather a change in thought process over time.
SigmaEXE003
SigmaEXE003
Goon
SigmaEXE003
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:34 am

Post by SigmaEXE003 »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
verydark wrote:I thought I made it clear that I wouldn't back a lynch with baseless arguments. Sure, VE was over-the-top and abrasive, but none of his actions were scummy to me. The only person who even posted a somewhat convincing argument against VE was Sigma, and he didn't even vote for VE.

I disagree. As I noted Viscera’s reaction to abrasive play from LLD was not what I would expect from someone who was being so abrasive themselves.
It’s quite easy to discern they are clearly Town before the flip when they aren’t in your Role-PM as your buddies

You're assuming he's scum and then looking for evidence that his actions could come from a scum perspective. It doesn't work that way.

Magna wrote:
verydark wrote:Yeah, that was a noob mistake. I have yet to play any games with a vigilante, so now I'm up to speed.

Oh look, one of my favorite new tells. The “ooops it was a Newb mistake I didn’t understand the clearly posted Set-up in an Open Game” tell. Who pulled that same sort of play in Umbrage’s “Jungle Republic” Mafia? Cjdrum and Neil1113 both did, and both were Mafia.

So here, have this!!

VOTE: Verydark

WIFOM, WIFOM, and more WIFOM.

@ SK: I didn't say it was pro-town. It's just not scummy. Not pro-town =/= scummy. It's null, really. Some people just don't put votes that easily. It's more indicative of play style than alignment. Remember, it was my first post in this game, on page 5. I didn't expect to have solid enough reads to put him at L-1.
SigmaEXE003
SigmaEXE003
Goon
SigmaEXE003
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:15 am

Post by SigmaEXE003 »

SleepyKrew wrote:Why didn't you vote later?
Why WERE you so lurky D1?

I was on V/LA in the beginning, when I got back, his wagon was at L-2. Soon after my post, his wagon built to L-1. No one unvoted. I did not intend to hammer, so no, I did not vote later.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:Ummm ... I'm actually assessing from his "WOW YOU LYNCHED TOWN" statement and general Day 1 play that he's scum. Nice way to reverse the flow of events in your defense of Verydark.

What I'm getting at is you assumed he was scum, and then noted that if he was scum, he would know who the townies were. I bolded "It’s quite easy to discern they are clearly Town before the flip when they aren’t in your Role-PM as your buddies …" for a reason.

Magna wrote:Also, please explain what exactly is WIFOM about the "Lulz, it was a newb mistake" regarding Open Set-ups. Thanks!

Well, it could genuinely be a noob mistake. But maybe that's what he wants you to think, and it's actually a scum gambit. But maybe he knows you know that, so he wouldn't try a gambit like that. But maybe he thinks you think that, and thus could feasibly get away with the gambit...

And it goes on.

Magua wrote:If you think someone's scummy, you should vote that person. I see no reason to be afraid of putting someone at L-1 on D1.

So you don't like how I play. That doesn't make it scummy. I personally don't want to put a completely serious wagon at L-1 on page 5. If you think that's scummy, that's your problem.

Mudslinging while not voting is what scum do to get someone lynched while not being on the wagon themselves.

WIFOM.
You are absolutely not allowed to bandy about terms like "Appeal to Emotion" and then ask why not voting is scummy. It's not like you were advocating any other possible lynch.

I wasn't even advocating VE's lynch. I was just saying what he had done so far was suspicious. Not to mention the AtE was a small part of my case. It was mostly his backtracking. I had intended to wait longer to get reads on more than one person before placing a vote.

Magua wrote:I was being quite literal when I said that Seraphim's post starts out saying VE is town, and then voting VE
in the same post
. This is not an instance of "he said one thing and then changed his mind later." This is him fence-sitting. I wasn't even referencing anything that kondi posted.

Hey, chucklefuck, Kondi never even posted.

Anyway, perhaps you've misunderstood. He said that by VE's actions on page 2, he looked town, but his actions later made him look scummy. It's not a contradiction. His opinion of VE just changed between his page 2 actions and his later actions. The only thing you have against him is that he brought up that VE's page 2 actions look townish when he knew well his opinion on VE had changed by then. But from what I've seen, this is fairly common among replacements. They post their notes from when reading the thread, what they were thinking while reading the thread, rather than only their thoughts as of their catch-up post.

SK wrote:So Sigma can self-meta but I can't?

Woahwoahwoah, wait, when did I do that?
SigmaEXE003
SigmaEXE003
Goon
SigmaEXE003
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:27 am

Post by SigmaEXE003 »

Oh, I'm sorry I offended you.

EBWODP: Hey, Magua*, Kondi never even posted.

Return to “Completed Open Games”