Open 318: By Nomination Only (Game Over)

BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1020 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:46 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Hi everyone! :D

I've got a lot of catching up to do, so feel free to ask me any questions, but don't expect any scum hunting from me for a day or so.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1028 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:55 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Twistedspoon wrote:BB is stalking my games it would appear. I grew quite fond of copper, so Bb, you have big shoes to fill. What is your previous mafia experience btw?

Haha, Muffin could say the same thing. In regards to the shoes, all I can say is I'll do my best.

I first saw it a forum I went to when I was a kid. I loved the mystery aspect of it, and later found EpicMafia while browsing the web. At first I played in these 20 man games which were just giant spamfests. Don't ask me why, but apparently I enjoyed them. Eventually I discovered the competitive setups and loved the mindgames behind it. I made some videos, parodying EpicMafia. Then while looking for suggestions for new EpicMafia roles I found the role flash at this site made by that one guy. That lead me to the forums. I wanted to sign up, but I was too intimidated at first; the players here can play ridiculous mindgames. Eventually I then joined and /in'd and played a few games here. I've played a few times at parties, but it's not as fun when people don't care. Also, the kids at the summer camp I work at play this game.

Would you like me to link you to my finished previous games? I've got two. I can link you to my current ones too if you'd like.

I'm working on some notes that I'm writing while rereading. I'm focusing on D3 mainly but I will be ISOing a few people of interest.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1031 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:51 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Twistedspoon wrote:you should probably read the whole game rather than just D3. That'd be cool

It's quite the feat to do, that's all.

Don't have much to do tomorrow I suppose I could devote part of the day to doing so.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1037 (isolation #3) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Twistedspoon wrote:having replaced into a game previously of 42 pages in length, I can share your pain, but You'll always be behind until you read it all

It's true.

Getting started now, wish me luck. I will post my notes and any quick thoughts when done.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1039 (isolation #4) » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:20 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Just an update, I'm halfway through, at #500. I need to stop for the night, or at least for now.

I'll keep my vote on Rory for now, I don't see much of a point of unvoting it. I may, and probably will, change it after finishing the reading.

I'm aware the deadline is near, and I promise I will finish it before the deadline so we have ample time to discuss my thoughts.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1044 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:33 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Alright. Just finished a readthrough. Here's my notes if you wanna read them, I stopped halfway through just cause it came to a point where I'd have to address a point I missed in order to make another point. Also, no notes sped up the reading.

Spoiler: Notes
Alright, reread from the beginning starts now. I will be ignoring Amrun and Hoopla as much as possible as they are confirmed town.

#4/5 - Probably the only game where I've seen a disagreement off the bat.
#13 - Zito - Zito has got a point, but I really hope it wasn't just this logic that lead to Amrun's lynch.
#20 - Rory - A big analytical post that leads to... nothing. This looks like filler to me, I feel like the message could have been said in fewer words.
#36 - Rory - "...who fakes his cases by hiding it in complicated words." Anyone else seeing the irony?
#43 - Nobody Special - This post is kind of gross. Regardless of Amrun's alignment, this post could have screwed him over if he survived either way.
#44 - Hoopla(But more about Zito) - I think it started as a joke, but I think after Am-Run reacted, Zito figured he'd used it as a reaction testing mechanism. Little iffy imo.
#45 - Nobody Special - I don't understand this fellow's accusations.
#49 - Nobody Special - Not to tunnel him or anything, but his philosophy at this point seems to be "Everyone is scum but me."
#62 - Nobody Special - Really waiting for this guy to stop being scummy.
#69 - Rory - I don't understand what he's trying to get across. He makes a post about why PZ seems scummy and then pulls off after he's called out on it and says he thinks PZ is town. What.
#76 - Nobody Special - ...
#99 - Fenchurch - Agree with Muffin, I've got no notes on Fenchurch. She's managed to stay off the radar, which is really scummy.
#103 - Fenchurch - Makes a bogus case on Amrun based off of stuff during RVS. Come on now. Also, "I don't see what people are finding scummy in NS," is just lol.
#106 - Amrun(Regarding Muffin) - I agree with this, I was just thinking it myself.
#117 - Muffin - This is definitely the wierdest I've seen Muffin play. I don't think I've ever seen him refuse to explain his points...
#150s ish - Vitamin wagon forms for no apparent reason except Vitamin lurking.
#166 - Vitamin - Really like this post. Probably best response I've seen to a wagon forming on someone.
#205 - Amrun on Muffin - "There is something off about zmuffin's play in this game. I can't put my finger on it - but I will, eventually." Agreed.
#206 - Fenchurch - I hate how it's 200 posts in and Fen is using posts from RVS as evidence.
#227 - Zito - Zito has been very quiet, and I'm glad someone noticed.
#279 - Muffin - Getting a tunnel vision feeling off of Muffin.
#281 - Muffin - And his response to getting called out on it. Oh Muffin...
#304 onwards - CES - A wierd entrance, nothing screams scum but keeping my eye on him. Also people seem to be insisting he's like a crazy prophet where he has logic but says it in a wierd way.
Just noticed I'm on 432 and forgot to take notes. Sorry, been really into the game, and taking notes doubles the time of reading it. I am reading it all though.
At #500. Stopping for the night.

Anyhow, reads from towniest to scummiest.

-Town
Twistedspoon(Getting very town on him.)
CES(Never played with anyone, trusting the whole meta arguement about him.)
malpa(The defense for him has been "Too scummy to be scummy" but I'm still pretty null on him.)
zMuffinMan(Wierd behavior, I want some sources where he acts in this way. In general, his intentions seem town albeit aggressive.)
Fen(Null, really need to look into him/her in an ISO.)
Rory(Null, really need to look into him/her in an ISO.)
VitaminR(Had null-town until today. Once again need to look into him/her in ISO.)
Zito(Leaning scum.)
-Scum

I will be ISOing everyone in my next post. However I wanted to say the below.

I think Zito is definitely the lynch for today. He's the telltale lurking scum and has been tunneling malp for no apparent reason. His logic in general doesn't make any sense. I have intent to hammer. Should I just do so or should we let him have some last words?

Also, I love how he addressed it when he was called out on lurking.
Papa Zito wrote:
Rory the Roman wrote:Lets do this:
vote Zito
. hardcore tunneling + lurking is fun, and scum.

I'm
lurking? Lol?

Also, I'm getting null on Muffin could someone provide some town games where he behaves in this same manner? I've had a few games with him and I've never seen him behave this way.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1045 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by BBmolla »

EBWOP: CES: Never played with him before is what I meant.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1060 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Rory the Roman wrote:
BBmolla wrote:Alright. Just finished a readthrough. Here's my notes if you wanna read them, I stopped halfway through just cause it came to a point where I'd have to address a point I missed in order to make another point. Also, no notes sped up the reading.

<snip>

This post. This damn post.

"I've read the whole thread, but I don't really have any actual reads or opinions on anyone. Everyone is null. Hurr, look at me, I'm trying though. Look, I'm oh so town. Oh, Zito is the biggest wagon, so if I call him slight scum, that'll keep me being town."

No. You're scum. I don't care if my hydra partner disagrees, but this is such a scummy post. You might as well have not posted it, it's an attempt to look busy but not actually providing anything of any substance. Like a scumbag. I won't change the vote without talking to mykonian, but basically I want you strung up as much as if not more than Zito.

Look, I have seen more scummy behavior amongst the general players in this game than in any game I've played. And like I said, next post would be an ISO. So here you go.

And don't give me crap for not note taking anymore, reading a thousand posts alone(and understanding the meaning behind each word.) takes a long time.

ISOs:

Cognito Ergo Sum
- Null Leaning Town
I'm really trusting you guys about this one. The meta arguement is this is how he always plays, but half his post are one sentence. It just bugs me because he could easily fake that as scum don't you think? I think it's a little ridiculous that people think that as scum he wouldn't try to trick everyone.
In general, his intentions seem town which is why I'm obligated to believe everyone.
Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
malp wrote:About CES: I tend to connect the kind of posts he does to scum. It's more gut that anything else

Not an uncommon reaction to my playstyle, sadly.

It's obvious this isn't the first time he's gotten this kind of reaction. The amazing part about CES is he gets his point across in the fewest amount of words as possible, and it still makes complete sense.

Fenchurch
- Null
Fenchurch posts quite a bit, but I feel like most of it is filler. In fact, most of their posts are just answers to other posts, they seems really worried about what people think about them. They never lead any lynches on people, only hops on board after a few votes have accumulated. Also, I disagree with a lot of their reads which is something I always want to take note of because sometimes scum just try to look like they're scumhunting but are really ignoring the obvious scumminess and finding unscummy things scummy.
Also, I've got a feeling about something that could really turn her either way, and I'll bring it up when the time is right.
For now, she is null. I've got my eye on her.

Malpa
- Null Leaning Town
The defense for Mal is that he's too scummy to be scummy which is a defense I always hate because that means if they are scum people are ignoring it because they think he's the obvious scum so he isn't scum. It's just bad logic. I understand some player can't be looked at the same way as everyone else, but I really don't like when people dismiss someone as town because their behavior is irregular.
He's been a lot better in more recent posts, as the pressure has lowered.
So why do I think he's leaning town?
malpascp wrote:Why does everyone say that I only say nonsense? It's anoying to be ignored.

This mainly. A scum player, even new, would be happy with a situation where he is ignored. And with him being a new player, I don't think this was a WIFOM deal.

Zito
- Leaning Scum
Papa Zito wrote:I honestly don't care.

This quote seems to apply to the entire game. He's been tunneling Malpa all day. He made a case d1, so I'm assuming that's all he's going off of, because the only other time he pointed out any scumminess about Malpa was when he pointed out everything in one of Malpa's post and said it was scummy.
Papa Zito wrote:
malpascp

1. Voting behavior - Has 3 in "Scummier" list (iso 1) but does not vote. Spends next couple posts defending Hoopla instead of voting. Claims Amrun has "acted scummier that[sic] various other players" (iso 8) despite having 3 others higher on scumlist (iso 1, iso 8) and despite the wagon on Amrun being a "pseudo-policy lynch" (also iso 8).

2. Self-meta - claims replacement is a town-tell (iso 3) as a replacement.

3. Lack of general contribution.

The first reason is fine, but the logic seems forced. All it says is that Malpa thought someone was scum at one point and changed his mind, which according to Zito is a scumtell. The second reason is bogus; a self meta isn't any sort of scum-tell, otherwise CES would have been lynched by now. And the third reason is laughable considering who said it.
In general he's been attempting to avoid conversation, unless it's about Mal, and that to me is tunneling. Tunneling is not a scumtell for noobies, considering they don't know any better, but Zito's got 3000 posts so he should know better than to pick on a noobie when there are possibly two or three other mafia in the town.

Rory
- Null Leaning Scum
First off, vote was on you because Copper put it there and me changing it to Zito would have hammered him. And then you would have given me crap for hammering without posting evidence.
Rory the Roman wrote:Lets do this:
vote Zito
. hardcore tunneling + lurking is fun, and scum.

It's funny because you've spent the whole day tunneling Zito.
I guess you realized that and tried switching to me, but the way you did it makes no sense and just makes you look scummy.
I got a scummy read on you from your post 1:
Rory the Roman wrote:I think I have the scum experience to say that by far the easiest way to add to a discussion is to post something completely objective and large. VCA's, Lists of reads on players, Post-by-post analysis, theory, logical deductions etc. Everything that can easily be followed by everyone and that everyone can see is right. It's the cheapest towncred available.

Rory the Roman Post #20, Iso #0 wrote:Wall of text

My favorite part of this game is when scum point out what they as scum do, and then have done it at some point in the game.
Your attack on me was bogus, and just shows you're extremely impatient. You are definitely one who I would not trust with a hammer.

Twisted
- Very Town
I don't want to spend much time on Twisted.
His biggest towntell for me was the time where he said he'd rather have a townie who shares his views than a townie who opposes them. I agree with that post, and I don't think he would have said that as scum cause it does bring attention to himself.
He's town, nuff said.

Vitamin
- Null Leaning Scum
Vitamin was fine in this game until today. I don't know what changed about today, but he just seemed really scummy today.
VitaminR wrote:It's puzzling me that you can't read the sincerity in my frustration today, btw.

Cool AtE.
VitaminR wrote:I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that you guys are going to mislynch me. Everyone's doing a sort of mental PoE on the basis of town reads. But guess what? No one ever reads me as town (I may be slightly frustrated about this). People suspect me on this basis all the time and then start to re-interpret my posts as scummy, because it just feels right that I would be scum.

More AtE. Essentially ",Guys I know I'm being scummy, but it's totally not what you think being scummy just means I'm town."
Vitamin's case on Copper was also extremely weak to non existant.
VitaminR, post #914 wrote:Here's a fairly condensed case that summarises why I think Copper could be scum.

Vitamin says he made a case on Copper but instead it's a post that just talks about how Copper's case on Vitamin was wrong. If Vitamin isn't scum and isn't just OMGUSing why wouldn't he just put in the effort to make a real case?
There are many instances of Vitamin OMGUSing Copper with no support other than "He voted me, so he's scum."

Muffin
- Null
Muffins PoV is town, but he's really aggressive. Once again I'd like some citation of this being Town-Muffin.

Also, PZ's defense just doesn't cut it.
UNVOTE: VOTE: Zito
If we're wrong, we have 1 more MLs before we're at MYLO.
If we're right, we have 3 more MLs before MYLO.

I'm pretty confident that if we're wrong we can get at least one of the scum in the next two days.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1099 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:29 am

Post by BBmolla »

Rory the Roman wrote:So is tunnelling on scum who are actually scum a bad thing Molla? Thought not. You're scum, and you're dead next day phase. I promise. Shame I didn't get the hammer, but oh well.
Equinox:
Don't feel bad, I was going to hammer Zito by the deadline anyway :P

I didn't know he was definite scum until he flipped. It'd make sense that you'd tunnel your partner, cause you knew he'd pop scum and make you look good.

Rory the Roman wrote:Molla is bussing his partner, and only decided I was scummy after we voted him. Also, the reason the change to you was so sudden was it was the second hydra head (aka me) who decided you were scummy, so it came out of the blue because I suddenly had a realisation. We disagree on malpaspc, so it's inevitable things are different as a hydra. Have you ever played with a hydra again?

If you'll take note, I kept my vote on you from the moment I replaced in. Part of it was because I wanted to reread and didn't want to cast a vote on anyone and end the day without rereading. Another part was because I'd seen some scummy behavior from you in my initial rereadings and felt I may just keep it there.
And no, I've never played with a hydra, I understand the concept though. Sounds fun.

I think I should bring this back up:
Copper wrote:...our suggestion to the town is to "under-think" the day 2 lynch. What scum want is for us to circle the drain, coming up with a lot of information that is pure garbage, because once we create the garbage we'll be attached to it... in brief, the scum could easily use this tool to kill the town, and there's no reason to let them. Just think in broad strokes and treat the mechanic as bulletproof for any obvious townies that are chosen...

We really need to keep this in mind. Let's agree on someone so we can get back to free lynching and not waste time in this phase.
VOTE: zMuffinman
I've got the most questionable read on Muffin, as CES seemed leaning town and Quil's play has also kind of confirms that and Twisted is my most townish read.
However, I believe that all three are town and that this is just a waste of time to get us to bicker at each other.

Also, we've got 3 MLs left, including today. So that'll end up being 1 free ML. Let's make sure we spend that one wisely.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1132 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:49 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Rory is stuck tunneling me. Which sucks. Considering there are two scum and I'm neither of them. Thank god for MLs.

However, I don't think Rory is the lynch for today. I'm mainly looking at a possible scum partner of his.

Fenchurch wrote:And screw it...

VOTE: malpa

I didn't like the way he hammered zMuffin, and I think he's been pretty obv-scum all game. I think Zito could have easily been bussing him, because the arguments against him were obvious.

This jumped out at me, mainly because I had a null read on Fen, and this just struck me as really scummy.

This post makes no sense as a townie. However, it makes sense as a Rory/Vitamin scumpartner. They are attempting to distance themself from one of them so that it doesn't appear all the scum is on the same wagon.

Also, Malp is an easy target for this goal. Fen doesn't even cite much reasoning except "he's been pretty obv-scum all game." Also, this leads me to conclude that Malp is probably town.

I think lynching Fen would provide a clear route to Rory/Vitamin as a scum partner and could win us the game.

However, if I am lynched, so be it. I'm positive you guys as a town can figure out who the mafia is, especially with players like Quilford and Twisted.

Fenchurch is the smartest lynch today, and if you can't see that, you're blindly following the scum.
VOTE: Fenchurch
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1134 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:54 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Quilford wrote:That post is cute but
holy shit
it makes me want to lynch you

Why? I think Fen makes sense in both Rory/Fen scumteam and Vit/Fen scumteam so I think we'd be best off lynching her.

Why did you vote her?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1163 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:43 am

Post by BBmolla »

Equinox wrote:
BBmolla (3) - VitaminR, malpascp, Rory the Roman

Everyone is on the Fen wagon except these three.

This only solidifies my belief in a Fen/Vit or Fen/Rory scumteam. Why would they not hammer her otherwise?

Rory literally just admitted she's "hardly town."
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1173 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Alright, perfect, it's either Rory or Vitamin. I'm a bit surprised not to see myself up there tbh.

Let's get to the real voting stage.

VOTE: malpa

The other two up there are far more helpful than malp.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1239 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:58 am

Post by BBmolla »

Eh. GG.
Need to work on not being scummy.
Lemme make sure it's all good with Fen to post the QT before I do so.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1246 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:27 am

Post by BBmolla »

Nexus wrote:
BBmolla wrote:Eh. GG.
Need to work on not being scummy.
Lemme make sure it's all good with Fen to post the QT before I do so.

When you write town/scum lists, don't have anyone as null.
Take stances
sitting on the fence is not pro-town.

Note taken.

Return to “Completed Open Games”