Open 340: The Donner Party (Game Over: Agatha eats well)

Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Open 340: The Donner Party (Game Over: Agatha eats well)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Krazy »

Never can I forget the morning when we bade farewell to kindred and friends. The Donners were there, having driven in the evening before with their families, so that we might get an early start. Grandma Keyes was carried out of the house and placed in the wagon on a large feather bed, propped up with pillows. Her sons implored her to remain and end her days with them, but she could not be separated from her only daughter. We were surrounded by loved ones, and there stood all my little schoolmates who had come to kiss me good-by. My father with tears in his eyes tried to smile as one friend after another grasped his hand in a last farewell. Mama was overcome with grief. At last the drivers cracked their whips, the oxen moved slowly forward and the long journey had begun...

-Virginia Reed

Player List:

Snarky

benoni

Quaroath

SleepyKrew

Sampson replaces MrStrife

JonWJ007

pinkfloyd

fatlikepig replaces SodaSpirit17

kdowns

Sky

Thomith

cjdrum

This game will be following the Donner Party setup.

Spoiler: Day 1
pinkfloyd,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched!

Spoiler: Night 1
Mrs. Fosdick, aka
SleepyKrew
, is
missing
and presumed dead.

Mr. Foster, aka
fatlikepig
, is
missing
and presumed dead.

Mr. Graves, aka
Snarky
, is
missing
and presumed dead.

Spoiler: Day 2
Young Little Murphy, aka
JonWJ007
Town Roleblocker
, was lynched day 2!

Spoiler: Night 2
Miss Thomith Graves is
missing
and presumed dead.

Mr. Quaroath Fosdick is
missing
and presumed dead.

Mrs. kdowns Pike is
missing
and presumed dead.
Last edited by Krazy on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 20 times in total.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Krazy »

Game Rules:

General Gameplay:

1. In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  2. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  3. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – please don't leave us hanging!
  4. Prods of missing players will be issued after 48 hours of no activity. Any player who fails to post in-thread within 24 hours of being prodded may be replaced.
  5. No prods will be issued during Night
  6. A player who is eligible for a third prod is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  7. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  8. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
    If someone contacts you outside the game you should report it to the game Mod IMMEDIATELY.

During the Day:

1. Each Day will have a strict two-week deadline. Extensions will be given only in extreme circumstances, but always feel free to ask.
  2. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
  3. Once a player has reached a simple majority of votes no further unvoting will change their fate.
  4. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players may continue to post.
  5. Once you are dead (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post that contains NO game related information.
  6. Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. VOTE: Player).
  7. Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. UNVOTE: Player or
    Unvote
    ). Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes, but are appreciated.
  8. You may
    NOT
    VOTE: No Lynch; the town must lynch. In the event deadline is reached before a lynch has occurred, the player with the most votes will be lynched. If more than one player is tied for most votes, the one who had their final vote placed first will be lynched. In the event that absolutely no votes were cast at all for anyone, random.org will determine a single person to die.
  9. Votes/Unvotes should be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see.
  10. Votes/Unvotes that reasonably follow the guidelines specified above, and are unambiguous with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations, will count.

During the Night:

1. Each Night will have a strict 72-hour deadline. Extensions will not be given, unless a player has to be replaced during the Night.
  2. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
  3. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
  4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).

Miscellaneous:

1. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.

2. THIS COLOR
    text is reserved for the Mod.
  3. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed (if you can't read it, don't post it).
  4. You are not allowed to edit your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
  5. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  6. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  7. Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, as the Mod sees fit. Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night and the offender’s role will be changed to Neutral Survivor, which guarantees a loss.
  8. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Playing to win does not preclude being considerate of each other!

Vote Counts:

[*]Vote counts will be posted every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, or by request.

(These rules mostly borrowed from Uite)
Last edited by Krazy on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:13 am

Post by Krazy »

All Role PMS should have been sent out. If you did not receive a PM please get in contact with me immediately.

Names in the player list will be
bolded
when they have confirmed in-thread.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Krazy »

The setup is linked at the end of the first post.

I am counting them for now since they do fulfill the purpose of a confirmation (confirming), although I also asked them to repost them as per my original instructions via PM.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Krazy »

pinkfloyd's confirmation is acceptable. With all but one confirmation, game will begin shortly. Snarky has approx. 48 hours to confirm or I will begin looking for a replacement.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Krazy »

Monday November 2, 1846

When we reached Donner Lake, we lost our road, and owing to the depth of the snow on the mountains, were compelled to abandon our wagons, and pack our goods upon oxen. The cattle, unused to such burdens, caused great delay by 'bucking' and wallowing in the snow. There was also much confusion as to what articles should be taken and what abandoned. One wanted a box of tobacco carried along; another, a bale of calico, and some one thing and some another. But for this delay we would have passed the summit and pressed forward to California. Owing to my lameness, I was placed on horseback, and my foot tied up to the saddle in a sort of sling.

Near evening we were close to the top of the dividing ridge. It was cold and chilly, and everybody was tired with the severe exertions of the day. Some of the emigrants sat down to rest, and declared they could go no farther. I begged them for God's sake to get over the ridge before halting. Some one, however, set fire to a pitchy pine tree, and the flames soon ascended to its top most branches. The women and children gathered about this fire to warm themselves. Meantime the oxen were rubbing off their packs against the trees. The weather looked very threatening, and I exhorted them to go on until the summit was reached. I foresaw the danger plainly and unmistakably. Only the strongest men, however, could go ahead and break the road, and it would have taken a determined man to induce the party to leave the fire.

Had I been well, and been able to push ahead over the ridge, some, if not all, would have followed. As it was, all lay down on the snow, and from exhaustion were soon asleep. In the night, I felt something impeding my breath. A heavy weight seemed to be resting upon me. Springing up to a sitting posture, I found myself covered with freshly-fallen snow. The camp, the cattle, my companions, had all disappeared. All I could see was snow everywhere. I shouted at the top of my voice. Suddenly, here and there, all about me, heads popped up through the snow.
The scene was not unlike what one might imagine at the resurrection, when people rise up out of the earth. The terror amounted to a panic. The mules were lost, the cattle strayed away, and our further progress rendered impossible

--Lewis Keseberg

Thursday, November 5, 1846

On the 5th he succeeded in killing an owl, of which supper was made. The Messrs. Graves, Donner, Dolan, and Brinn commenced killing their cattle. Mr. Eddy also killed his ox.

Saturday, November 7, 1846

Mr. Eddy spent the 7th hunting, but returned at night with a sad and desponding heart, without any game.

December 16, 1846

On the sixteenth of December, expecting that they would be able to reach the settlements in ten days, Messrs. Graves, Fosdick, Dolan, Foster, Eddy, Denton, Stanton, L. Murphy, (aged thirteen,) Antonio, a New Mexican; with Mrs. Fosdick, Mrs. Foster, Mrs. Pike, Mrs. McCutcheon, and Miss M. Graves, and the two Indians before mentioned, having prepared themselves with snow-shoes, again started on their perilous undertaking, determined to succeed or perish. Those who have ever made an attempt to walk with snow-shoes will be able to realize the difficulty they experienced. On first starting, the snow being so light and loose, even with their snow-shoes, they sank twelve inches at every step; however, they succeeded in traveling about four miles that day.

Friday, December 25, 1846

On the twenty-fifth, about four o'clock, P.M. Patrick Dolan died; he had been for some hours delirious, and escaped from under their shelter, when he stripped off his coat, hat and boots, and exposed himself to the storm. Mr. Eddy tried to force him back, but his strength was unequal to the task. He, however, afterward returned of his own accord,and laid down outside their shelter, when the succeeded in dragging him inside.

Sunday, December 27, 1846

On the twenty-seventh they took the flesh from the bodies of the dead; and on that, and the two following days they remained in camp drying the meat, and preparing to pursue their journey.

Denton began chewing on one of the bones, and he hunted in the ashes for for more until he had gathered about a teaspoonful. This he tied in a small piece of buckskin and placed in his pocket saying, 'If we ever get away from here I am coming back for more,'" with a manic grin. He then looked at Eddy as though considering just how much meat was on him.

Monday, December 28, 1846.

We awoke to see that Eddy is dead, his throat cut, and an arm has been hacked off during the night.

For some, the hunger has become too much...

DAY BEGINS

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in 2 weeks from this post.
Last edited by Krazy on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by Krazy »

Thomith - SleepyKrew, cjdrum, JonWJ007 (L-4)
SleepyKrew - pinkfloyd, kdowns
cjdrum - benoni
pinkfloyd - SodaSpirit17

Not Voting: Snarky, Quaroath, MrStrife, Sky

Next VoteCount will be Tuesday.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Krazy »

[*]Vote counts will be posted every Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday, or by request.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Krazy »

Not Voting: SleepyKrew, Snarky

cjdrum - benoni, Quaroath, MrStrife (L-4)
JonWJ007 - pinkfloyd, Sky, kdowns (L-4)
pinkfloyd - SodaSpirit17
SleepyKrew - JonWJ007
Thomith - cjdrum

Next VoteCount will be Thursday.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by Krazy »

fatlikepig replaces SodaSpirit17
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Post by Krazy »

I have prodded cjdrum.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:36 am

Post by Krazy »

Not Voting: No one

JonWJ007 - benoni, fatlikepig, pinkfloyd, Sky, kdowns, SleepyKrew (L-1)
cjdrum - Quaroath, MrStrife, Snarky (L-4)
Snarky - Thomith
pinkfloyd - JonWJ007
SleepyKrew - cjdrum

Next VoteCount will be Sunday.

MrStrife is prodded.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Krazy »

SodaSpirit17 was replaced by fatlikepig.

MrStrife was prodded the 29th and hasn't picked it up yet; he will be replaced.

VoteCount might need to come tomorrow.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Krazy »

Or it will appear now:

Not Voting: kdowns

cjdrum - Quaroath, MrStrife, Snarky, SleepyKrew, pinkfloyd (L-2)
Snarky - Thomith, benoni, cjdrum, Sky, fatlikepig (L-2)
pinkfloyd - JonWJ007 (L-6)

MrStrife is being replaced.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Krazy »

Snarky - Thomith, benoni, cjdrum, Sky, kdowns (L-2)
cjdrum - Quaroath, MrStrife, Snarky, pinkfloyd (L-3)
pinkfloyd - JonWJ007, fatlikepig (L-5)
kdowns - SleepyKrew (L-6)

Reminder: Deadline for Day 1 is on October 9th: (expired on 2011-10-09 16:19:00)

MrStrife is still being replaced (bit of a backlog in Replacement Queue).
Last edited by Krazy on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Krazy »

Not Voting: Thomith, cjdrum

pinkfloyd - JonWJ007, fatlikepig, Quaroath, benoni, kdowns (L-2)
cjdrum - MrStrife, Snarky, pinkfloyd (L-4)
Snarky - Sky, kdowns (L-5)
kdowns - SleepyKrew (L-6)

Reminder: Deadline for Day 1 is on October 9th: (expired on 2011-10-09 16:19:00)

MrStrife is still being replaced (bit of a backlog in Replacement Queue).
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Krazy »

We might have a replacement for MrStrife pending confirmation.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #421 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Krazy »

Monday, December 28, 1846.

They remained in camp, drying the meat and preparing to continue their journey. As they both hunched over the meat they had to work with, Mrs. Fosdick and Mrs. Foster looked at Mr. PF Denton.

"We heard what you said last night, Denton," Mrs. Fosdick said.

"What of it? You gonna hate?" PF Denton said.

"We were wondering if you acted on your passions therein," Mrs. Foster said.

"You mean did I kill Eddy and eat him?" PF Denton asked.

Mrs. Fosdick and Mrs. Foster stepped back; was this a confession?

"He did it!" Mrs. Fosdick cried, suddenly. "He killed Eddy!"

From behind him, Stanton heard the cry, and came forward. He must have sensed that PF Denton was about to attack the hapless ladies, and swung his iceaxe down on Denton's back.

"...haters gonna hate..." PF Denton muttered, his last breath.

"How did you know?" Stanton asked, looking down, shock at his own actions catching up with him.

"He... well... he said..."

Stanton took this moment of hesitation and cringed, leaning down and looking through the jacket of PF Denton. What he found was...

was it a knife? a gun?

no, 'twas just
The Gospel of Bangs.

PinkFloyd is lynched!
He was a
Vanilla Townie!

NIGHT FALLS

Deadline is in 3 days from this post.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:09 pm

Post by Krazy »

Moderator housecleaning - the rules previously stated that No Lynch was an option; this was an error, and the rules now read:

[*]You may
NOT
VOTE: No Lynch; the town must lynch.
In the event deadline is reached before a lynch has occurred, the player with the most votes will be lynched.
If more than one player is tied for most votes, the one who had their final vote placed first will be lynched. In the event that absolutely no votes were cast at all for anyone, random.org will determine a single person to die.

Additionally, I will be unable to break day on time tomorrow, so I have decided to break day tonight. If anyone has a problem with this, message me, and in the future I will err on the side of going over the deadline rather than going under it.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Krazy »

Tuesday, December 29, 1846

The sun rises to a fine clear day, but few slept well (and some hardly at all). It froze hard last night. The tents and blankets set up over the loose snow seems to have nearly frozen into the snow, and bits of ice hang from the mustaches and beards of the men; the women, meanwhile, have frozen tears in their eyes from fear and hunger. After the events of last night, it seemed almost certain that the murderer... the cannibal... would strike again.

The fear of a cannibal, however, seems tame compared to the revelations that penetrated the camp the next morning.

Miss Graves wakes the camp with a scream.

"Franklin!" she calls, stumbling out of the tent, all eyes on her. "Where are you Franklin? Oh god, Franklin, where are ye?"

"Miss Graves," Mr. Stanton said, walking up to her quickly, "What is this? What's wrong?"

"My husband is gone!" She faints into his arms, able to provide no answers to their questions.

A quick look inside their tent proves she is correct: Mr. Graves is gone.

"Quick!" Stanton says, looking around the camp. "Does anyone see where Mr. Graves has gone to?"

"I don't know, sir," the young little Murphy said, "But I am surprised that Mrs. Fosdick isn't out here saying anything about it." He glanced at her tent nervously.

The group at once walked over to Mrs. Fosdick's tent, opening it at once. They saw nothing but a tuft of hair, left on the base of the tent.

"There's no way she'd have run off with Mr. Graves, not with her leaving behind half her scalp like that," Mrs. McCutcheon said. "I dare say... she's likely dead."

Mr. Stanton looked visibly flushed. "Is anyone else missing?"

Mr. and Mrs. Foster too were not to be seen.

"My god... we can't be missing four people. We just can't..." Mr. Stanton muttered, walking to their tent. Cringing before he did so, slowly, he opened the flap of the tent and looked inside.

There they saw Mrs. Foster, curled up into a ball, sobbing. "He's gone..." she whispered, barely audible through the sobs. "I'm... I'm alone... oh god I'm alone out here."

"Satan's breath," Mr. Stanton said, kneeling down, trying to wrap his mind around the events of last night. "Three people... could three people really be missing? Could all three of them be... dead?"

They were.

Mrs. Fosdick, aka
SleepyKrew
, is
missing
and presumed dead.

Mr. Foster, aka
fatlikepig
, is
missing
and presumed dead.

Mr. Graves, aka
Snarky
, is
missing
and presumed dead.

It is now Day!

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline will be in approximately two weeks from the time day was supposed to break tomorrow; additionally, prods will be based on the time day was supposed to break tomorrow, not from this post.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Post by Krazy »

Not Voting: cjdrum, Sky

Quaroath - benoni, Sampson (L-3)
cjdrum - Quaroath
kdowns - Thomith
JonWJ007 - kdowns
Sampson - JonWJ007

Reminder: Deadline for Day 2 is on October 21st: (expired on 2011-10-21 10:42:00)
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Post by Krazy »

Not Voting: No one.

JonWJ007 - kdowns, Thomith, Quaroath, Sampson, Sky (L-0)

kdowns - JonWJ007, cjdrum
Quaroath - benoni
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #514 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Krazy »

Tuesday, December 29, 1846

Stanton turned sharply toward young little Murphy. The boy was only thirteen... but as he thought about it, Stanton tried to remember Morality at the age of 13: surely was not HUNGER the greatest moral force in the boy of 13? Think of the poor women killed last night... he might not be the one to have killed some of the others, but surely he could have killed Mrs. Fosdick, and in turn eaten her?

"Boy!" Stanton called, his voice harsh. "What were you doin' last night?"

"I was with Mr. Foster, actually. I wanted him to make some snowshoes for me; tried to keep him busy all night actually," young little Murphy said, shrugging. "Why?"

"I think you're lyin', boy. You was with Mrs. Fosdick weren't ya? Tell the truth now."

"He... he can't have been with Mr. Graves!" suddenly came a voice from behind them--Mrs. Pike. "I was with Mr. Graves last night, honestly, and he never did nothing with any snowshoes."

Eyes turned toward young little Murphy: surely he was the liar here, not the honourable Mrs. Pike.

"I'm sorry boy, but we can't let this go on any longer. We know what you have done, we know why you did it..."

"I don't know what you're talking about!" young little Murphy shrieked. "You... you'll see... all of you will see... I didn't do nothing!"

"Ah hah!" Miss Graves said. "Did not do nothing--so you DID do something!"

"No, no, you misunderstand--"

"I'm sorry, boy," Stanton said, and in turn, brought down his axe.

It was only then that they noticed the brand new pair of snowshoes on his feet.

It is now Night!

Deadline will be based on three days from this post! Please send in night actions as soon as possible!

Oh yeah, and...

Young Little Murphy, aka
JonWJ007
Town Roleblocker
, was lynched day 2!
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:23 am

Post by Krazy »

Wednesday, December 30, 1846

Antonio, the New Mexican, awakens with a sickening pain in his stomach. "She's dead," he says to himself, to no one. He can already imagine it: he will step outside, look around camp, and she will be "missing." He didn't really know much about her, but he loved her all the same. But today, today she would be gone. Her tent would be empty.

Perhaps, though, perhaps he could hope that--perchance to dream?--she had simply left camp, after the events of last night. Perhaps she simply ran away.

Slipping on his boots, Antonio stepped out into the freezing cold morning. It seemed the camp was quiet... far too quiet. He could already sense that Mrs. Pike alone was not the only one who would be missing this morning. But this was the first question on his mind, he had to know now. He could always hope... always dream that somehow, some way, she would still be alive.

Even before he reached the tent he knew she wouldn't be inside. There was... something amiss about the entrance. The ice was paved over. Something had been dragged across it. Someone.

He was caught between hurrying on faster, and pulling back. Did he really want to know?

He had to know. Two steps forward. Three. He was at the flap, and opened the tent.

The tent was drenched in blood.

Of Mrs. Pike, there was no sign, of course. She was gone, dragged off into the night. But there was no doubting it. There was no second-guessing. With this blood sprayed all over the place, there could be no doubt: she was dead.

"I should have been there," Antonio muttered to himself. "I should have protected you." But he couldn't. Or... he wouldn't. Because even in his mind, he had wondered too, hadn't he? What would she do to quench her hunger? Perhaps now they would never know. Perhaps it was better that way.

"Who killed you?" he asked. "Who did this, Mrs. Pike?" He turned around, wondering where Mr. Fosdick was. After all, Mr. Fosdick had been snooping around a lot lately: perhaps last night he'd figured out who the monsters in this camp were.

"Fosdick?" Antonio called. "Fosdick, where are you?"

He walked to his tent, near the fire, and opened it.

Empty.

Antonio's stomach curled up inside him, squeezing at his guts. "Oh Fosdick..."

Could there be another missing too? "Who is still with us?" he asked himself.

There was Stanton, off by the fire, inspecting his axe (how was it that his darling Mrs. Pike died yet this man, this Stanton, still lived?). "Who else is missing?" Antonio called at least. "We've lost... we've lost Mr. Fosdick and... and... poor sweet Mrs. Pike."

"Pike was a liar and a hussy," Stanton muttered from across camp. "But yes, good question, who else is missing?"

The remains of the camp began to circle around, but one more head was missing.

"Where's Miss Graves?" Mrs. McCutcheon asked.

Her tent too was empty.

"Three again..." Stanton said. "And how many remain?"

Miss Thomith Graves is
missing
and presumed dead.

Mr. Quaroath Fosdick is
missing
and presumed dead.

Mrs. kdowns Pike is
missing
and presumed dead.

Day Breaks!

With 4 Alive, it takes 3 to Lynch!

Players not voting: cjdrum, Sky, Sampson, benoni.

Deadline in two weeks from this post.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Post by Krazy »

With 4 Alive, it takes 3 to Lynch!

Players not voting: cjdrum, Sky, Sampson, benoni.

Next vote count on Thursday.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Krazy »

cjdrum is prodded.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Krazy »

Sigh.

Replacing cjdrum.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by Krazy »

Replacement for cjdrum pending confirmation.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (isolation #28) » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 542, benoni wrote:
@mod: What happens if the Dietician targets someone whose corpse is hidden in the night?

The Dietician in this scenario would learn what the player's diet was.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Krazy »

Deadline is on the 24th (6 days remaining).

Pine - Benoni (L-2)
Benoni - Pine (L-2)

Not Voting: Sampson, Sky

Mass prod commencing.
Last edited by Krazy on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #577 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Krazy »

Deadline is on the 24th: (expired on 2011-10-24 11:23:00)

Pine - Benoni (L-2)
Benoni - Pine (L-2)

Not Voting: Sampson, Sky.
Last edited by Krazy on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Krazy »

Sampson prodded, once more with feeling.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (isolation #32) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by Krazy »

The mod encourages everyone to refrain from discussing on-going games that are not this one.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #624 (isolation #33) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Krazy »

Vote Count:

Benoni - Sampson, Pine (L-1)
Sky - Benoni (L-2)

Not Voting: Sky

Deadline: (expired on 2011-10-24 11:23:00)
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (isolation #34) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:03 pm

Post by Krazy »

THERE WILL BE FLAVOR.

Benoni is lynched.

Please send in night actions.

P.S.

Benoni was a Vanilla Townie.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (isolation #35) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Krazy »

December 30, 1846:

It was a harsh morning, merciless. A fresh layer of snow had packed on the ground, and our hopes and dreams of California were all but gone.

We had awoken to three of our party having vanished: Miss Graves, Mr. Fosdick, and Mrs. Pike. And so it came to be that there were only four of us left, and we knew, just knew, that the killer was still lose.

There was myself, (as you know, genteel reader) Agatha McCutcheon. There was Mr. Stanton, who had been so ruthless with the ax. Then there was Antonio, the New Mexican. And finally, the quiet ones, there were the Indians.

O how long it had been since we had seen the supple green of a field of grass? Each day we thought of the ocean, of sunny beaches, of gold in our pockets. We had crossed so much of this continent to reach the West, and how much farther now than all that had come before this last stretch did seem.

"I have something to say,"
Mr. Stanton said.
"I am indeed a cannibal, and a killer... but at each step along the way I have been trying to stop those who would do us harm. Last night, I am the one who killed Mrs. Pike. I thought that, without any doubt, after her nefarious lies that she would be one of our villains. Alas, it was for naught... she must have been simply mad, simply mad, for she had no part in the deaths of the others. I... I am sorry, Antonio."
He sighed, sighed deeply.

Here it was! A confession of cannibalism. I watched carefully to see Antonio's reaction, but he seemed... unnerved, but not shaken.

"Aye, I blame you not, sir, and I believe that you are not the one who started this whole mess, and not the one that killed Mr. Eddy."

This did raise the stakes! Here was the killer of Mrs. Pike in the open, but he'd been so brazen about it, that I had no choice. Yes, the direct approach, that would work... that would work well. No one would expect me to have the gall to go straight for the jugular, now would they?

"I too believe Mr. Stanton,"
I said, stepping in. And then I swung my gaze on the Indians.
"And indeed, I have been spending each night trying to investigate the diet of those in our party. Last night I spent the night looking for signs of cannibalism among these barbarians, these foreign creatures"
-- the Indians foreign? Well nevermind that --
"and..."
I paused for drama,
"I found that despite their silence, their mysteriousness, these men had no part in the killings these last few days."

I let that sink in a few moments, and then followed through on my next revelation:

"This leads me to conclude only one thing: Antonio is the monster who ate and killed the others in our party!"

Mr. Stanton stood panting, his breath faint, as he glanced first at Antonio, and then at myself. Who would he believe, the New Mexican, or myself?

It was only now that the Indians spoke up. The first stepped forward, saying, "Aye, friends, if Mrs. McCutcheon was lying, it makes no sense for her to come out now and say what she's said. I dare say, now that we know Antonio didn't kill Mrs. Pike, it seems easy to believe that he might have killed one of the other two." They were not actually as eloquent as I have presented here, being Indians, and I have slightly refined their words into something more pleasing to the ear.

"I don't know..." Mr. Stanton said, perhaps shocked to suddenly be in the clear. No doubt his fears of being revealed over the last few days seemed to have weighed heavily on his mind.

A great silence loomed over the village.

"This is madness... I... Mrs. McCutcheon must be a killer,"
Antonio said at first, struggling to sort out the madness.
"I knew her briefly before, well we all have come to know her on the trail, but... no, it makes no sense, she must be a killer."
His words, his doubt, betrayed him to me: but it mattered not if he convinced me of his innocence, as I had known since the morning began his role in these things.

"I believe we have caught him,"
the second Indian said (again I have greatly clarified his language).

"Wait, wait..."
Antonio said, looking around, realizing how weak his words seemed.
"I understand now. Yes, Agatha is telling the truth, perhaps, but what has happened suggests one thing: Mr. Stanton is the monster that has been terrifying us. He has never had our best intentions at heart. Just think of what he did to young little Murphy!"

These words set out a firestorm in Mr. Stanton's eyes. At once he grabbed his ax.
"You have said too much, boy."

Antonio looked to the Indians, to Stanton's ax, to me. Yet Stanton hesitated.

"Hah, if Stanton was a monster, he would have killed you now!"
I said, trying to mask my grin.

"You're right,"
he said.
"So it must be you. It must be you, Agatha. It's you. Don't you all see what she's doing?"
he said turning to the Indians, to Stanton.
"She's turning you against me. She's a monster. She is a cannibal! She is a killer! She is the one who has preyed on us, preyed on our doubts, our fears! She..."

His passionate words were cut short by Mr. Stanton stepping forward with his ax, and it swung.

Antonio was dead.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by Krazy »

Mr. Stanton ran for Antonio's pack, flipping it open, dumping the entire thing out at once. There--there was a bone! Or rather, a skull. Wait, but... but it was not a human skull. It was the skull of a cow. It was the skull of Bessie, the ox they had slaughtered for food three days back. I still know not why he saved it.

Mr. Stanton stood, staring at this dearth of evidence, and cringed. He knelt down, looking it over, and then glanced around.
"What... what does this mean?"

"It means the game is up,"
I said.

The Indians, paralyzed in fear, could not but watch as I stepped forward. As he had been tossing open the bag of Antonio, Mr. Stanton had failed to notice the metal pipe I had drawn from my own. He swung his ax up, trying to block, as I swung down. He staggered back against the force.

"Mrs. McCutcheon... you...?"

"God gave me strength, and a woman must do what she can to eat,"
I said, explaining for no reason, but smiling now, grinning madly, so hungry: and here it all was, here was the food before me, and it was ready to fight back.

"Come at me,"
Stanton said now, his last words, as I did.

He swung his ax down, but I stepped beside it, and shoved my pipe into his throat. Stanton staggered back, shocked, and slowly realizing that he was dead.

I took the ax from his hands and threw it at once; it spun through the air in one ferocious spin, and then sank into the first Indian's chest. The body sank to the ground.

"This was our land first,"
the Indian said.
"You are but an invader; you are the barbarian."
Again, I have clarified the words he exactly said, as they were far more... colorful.

"That may be true... but you are my dinner."
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (isolation #37) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Post by Krazy »

December 31: 1846

Alone, I walk toward California, my pack full of fresh meat, wondering what stories I shall tell of what happened during these frightful days.

--Journal of Agatha McCutcheon

Benoni - Lynched Day 3 -
Vanilla Townie

Sky - Eaten Night 4 -
Cannibal Vigilante

Sampson - Endgamed Day 4 -
Vanilla Townie

Pine - Won Day 4 -
Cannibal Serial Killer
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #644 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Post by Krazy »

Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/Jg27bjT4ucJ

Other Roles:

Quaroath -
Town Dietician

Thomith -
Cannibal Mafia Goon

Snarky -
Cannibal Mafia Goon
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:58 pm

Post by Krazy »

Technically, the game wasn't really over until he actually decided to eat someone, even though who he chose to eat didn't matter, and if he chose to eat there was nothing town could do.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (isolation #40) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by Krazy »

I also kind of meant to wait until Sky sent his his kill, just to see if he would eat Sampson to be totally random or not for flavor, but... when the game was so clearly over I decided to just end it.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (isolation #41) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Post by Krazy »

I also wrote three versions of the Night 3 results that I think I'll share here:

Pine/CJDrum's result:

Spoiler:
What is it about Miss Graves that drives you toward her? Something... there's something about that one. She looks just... so meaty. So much meatier than the others. Who knows, maybe if you eat her, then your hunger... the neverending hunger... will be quenched.

As night falls, you stay up, and wait. It is a cold, harsh night, with only the faintest moonlight. Yet, despite this, Miss Graves is not the first person you hear stirring in the night... it seems like several people end up walking off in the direction of Mrs. Pike's tent--and eventually, Miss Graves steals that way as well.

She seems awfully aware; what is she doing creeping around at night? Indeed, she seems to be lurking, watching someone in the middle of camp. You can't approach her here, while she's awake, in the middle of camp.

You hear voices--it's Miss Graves. You try to look through the moonlight, and there you see someone with her. It's Mr. Fosdick. What's he doing there with her?

"Oh, hello there, Mr. Fosdick," Miss Graves says, surprising him. "What are you doing out at this hour?"

"Miss Graves!" Mr. Fosdick says. He seems surprised to see her, and hesitates before replying. "I just haven't been the same since my wife died."

"Aye, for me as well," Miss Graves says, moving up close to him. "Mr. Graves was my life. Would you like to walk with me in the night for a time? This camp is... I cannot sleep, it brings me nightmares."

Who can sleep, everyone has been so hungry lately? And here is poor Miss Graves, alone, needing some company. It would be ungentlemanly to not protect her in this harsh wilderness. "Very well," Mr. Fosdick says, nodding, and lets her take the lead.

What is their game in all this? You don't buy this 'moonlight walk' for a moment. But for now, you will lurk along behind them, and wait, and see.

As you're exiting camp, you step loudly on a branch. For a moment, you think they will have heard you, that they'll discover you--but it seems that Mr. Fosdick was simply saying something very interesting to Miss Graves. They didn't hear you.

You try to catch on what they're saying. "...they would know we were together tonight," Miss Graves says.

"Oh," Mr Foster says. You must have missed the juicy bits. Damn.

As you look out through the moonlight, it looks like Miss Graves and Mr Foster have come to a small cave in the hillside. Even from here, you can tell. Something... smells, inside. "Miss Graves... what's going on, why have you led me here?" Mr. Foster asks.

"So that I don't have to drag your body, of course," she says, and at once brings down a hammer onto the back of his head.

So that's it!

He collapses--and she brings down the hammer again.

With him gone, now is the time to strike!

"Miss Graves! What have you done?" you call, walking briskly toward them in the night. She didn't seem to have too much skill with that hammer; you can likely take her even with a weapon.

"Agatha! What--what are you doing here--what did you see?" Miss Graves cries. She thinks you're going to rat her out to the town! Little does she know, she won't live to tomorrow!

"I saw enough... but then, I came here to do this anyway," you say, stepping forward and grabbing the hammer away from her.

You throw the hammer into the snow and leaps at her. You both spin around, and in another moment you throw her to the ground, your hands wrapping around her fleshy neck. Here, in the moment of death, despite her cannibalism, her eyes look like those of a doe staring into the lights of a torch. Prey.

Once she is dead, you move to Mr. Quaroath Fosdick.

"Oh, hello there, Mr. Fosdick," you say, sliding up on top of him. It occurs to you that he's just barely still alive, still breathing so faintly--he can hear you! A voice of extreme triumph takes your voice. "I'm glad that Miss Graves left me such a ... delicious ... present."

When you are done with him, you step into this cave that Miss Graves was leading him toward.

Inside, you see the source of the smell: It's the body of Mr. Foster. Too much of him is eaten for there to be much useful meat left (surprising, considering he was fat like a pig); and what isn't eaten, is so hard-frozen as to be inedible. A quick search of his bag, left casually beside him, leaves nothing of great interest to be found.

Not that it matters--the discovery of Mr. Fosdick and Miss Graves was more than enough!

You have learned that Mr. fatlikepig Foster was a Vanilla Townie!

You have learned that Mr. Quaroath Fosdick was a Town Dietician!

You have learned that Miss Thomith Graves was a Cannibal Mafia Goon!

Sky's Results:

Spoiler:
That slimy hussy! Mrs. Pike has nearly ruined you--how dare she? How DARE she lie about being with Mr. Foster last night. There's only one explanation: she MUST be a cannibal. Even now, you think of poor little Murphy. Just a child! The last string of innocence out here in this desolate wasteland.

You can barely wait to kill her. Darkness has barely set before you emerge from your tent, axe in hand. You take a look around camp--maybe someone is watching you? Perhaps, but if so, let them watch. You move with ease and speed toward Mrs. Pike's tent.

You fling the flap of the tent open and see her lying there, looking up at you with wide eyes. She says nothing, just opens her mouth, as though to scream. You bring your axe down. Blood sprays up across the roof of the tent. It was a messy affair--and without hesitation, you grab her body and begin dragging her away from camp. You can't let the others know what you've done.

And besides, you need to figure out what's going on with her. Where are her bodies? Where are the signs of her victims?

You search her body, once it's safely in the woods, expecting to find her weapons, anything.

You find a love letter from Antonio, the New Mexican.

That is it.

That can't be right! There must be something more!

You search her body again.

Still, just a single, solitary letter.

You open it for a moment, reading through the lines,

Dear Mrs. Pike--

Shall I compare thee to a summer's d--

You toss the letter into the air, walking back to her tent. Who cares who sees you, you'll tear the damn thing down. Inside, you overturn the blanket, look through her bag, WHERE IS IT? WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE? WHERE IS THE WEAPON? WHERE IS THE MEAT?

It's not there.

It can't be.

It has to be.

But it can't be.

But it is.

Mrs. kdowns Pike was a Vanilla Townie!

Quaroath's Results:

Spoiler:
Mr. Stanton's actions today are too much. How could he... how DARE he kill little Murphy? The child couldn't have possibly had anything to do with these foul deeds. There must be something wrong with him... very wrong with him. He's bloodthirsty.

As night falls, you stay up, and watch his tent. It does not take too long at all for him to emerge from his tent, axe in hand. He takes a look around camp, as though looking to make sure no one is watching him, but soon you see him move with ease and speed toward Mrs. Pike's tent.

He opens it, and before your very eyes, he steps forward and brings his axe down! Blood sprays up across the roof of the tent. Then, through heavy breathing, you see him dragging the body out.

He pauses for a moment, and seems to stare right at you, but then continues dragging the body away into the night. There's absolutely no doubt,
Mr. Sky Stanton is a Cannibal!

Heart racing, you stand up and begin walking back toward your tent.

"Oh, hello there, Mr. Fosdick," Miss Graves says, appearing as though out of nowhere. "What are you doing out at this hour?"

"Miss Graves!" you say, not quite sure what to say at first. The same question could be asked of her. And it is not often that you hear your name said so sweetly; indeed, not at all since Mrs. Fosdick was killed last night. At the thought of Mrs. Fosdick, your eyes tear up for a moment. "I just haven't been the same since my wife died," you confess, slightly bending the truth.

"Aye, for me as well," Miss Graves says, moving up close to you; you can nearly feel her warmth in the icy night air. "Mr. Graves was my life. Would you like to walk with me in the night for a time? This camp is... I cannot sleep, it brings me nightmares."

Who can sleep, everyone has been so hungry lately? And here is poor Miss Graves, alone, needing some company. It would be ungentlemanly to not protect her in this harsh wilderness. After all, Mr. Stanton is still out there! "Very well," you say, nodding, and you let her take the lead.

You both move quietly away from the camp, and you say at once, "Did you see what Mr. Stanton did? He killed Mrs. Pike!"

"Oh, did he?" she asks, taking this information in. "That will be very useful to know... tomorrow night," she mutters.

"Tomorrow night? Don't you mean tomorrow?" you ask, not quite catching the shift in her tone.

"Oh no, I can't tell the town tomorrow, otherwise they would know we were together tonight."

"Oh," you say--what is she saying, though?

You seem to have come to a small cave in the hillside. Something... smells, inside. "Miss Graves... what's going on, why have you led me here?"

"So that I don't have to drag your body, of course," she says, and at once brings down a hammer onto the back of your head.

You collapse, still conscious, but stunned, groggy, unable to move--and she brings down the hammer again. Still, you hang on--and in the delirium of near-death, you only barely hear some strange words above.

"Miss Graves! What have you done?" a voice calls. It sounds like Mrs. McCutcheon.

"Agatha! What--what are you doing here--what did you see?" Miss Graves cries.

Yes! You think to yourself--vengeance will soon come!

"I saw enough... but then, I came here to do this anyway," Mrs. McCutcheon says, stepping forward and grabbing the hammer away from Miss Graves. Wrestling ensued... what was happening--you can't see--oh if only you could move your head--

Finally, the sounds of struggle stop. You feel a pressure on your chest; a head looms over you. Could she still save you, Mrs. McCutcheon? Might you live yet?

"Oh, hello there, Mr. Fosdick," Mrs. McCutcheon says, her breath warm against your cheek. "I'm glad that Miss Graves left me such a ... delicious ... present.

No. NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO!

You are dead!

You may now access this QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/Jg27bjT4ucJ

Thomith's Results:

Spoiler:
With Mr. Graves dead, it's time to act quickly. Mr. Fosdick seems to have his head on his shoulders, and seems to be doing something at night... watching people, trying to figure it out. You can't have him coming after you. You need to get rid of him.

You wait for him to move first--he seems to be waiting until Mr. Stanton heads off (where is Stanton going, anyway?) and instead of you, follows him. You wait a bit, then begin moving behind him, keeping low, waiting to come at him at the right time.

As you think about it, you need to get him away from camp--perhaps, both of you now being alone, he will come willingly?

He pauses not too far from Mrs. Pike's tent. You can't see what's going on that far away, but you hear something. Well, if Stanton has some business with Mrs. Pike, that's nothing to you.

After a few moments, in the moonlight, you hear Mr. Fosdick's boots crunching on the snow, coming back your way.

"Oh, hello there, Mr. Fosdick," you way, making as if you were just out for a walk. He is clearly surprised to see you, so you swing it around to him. "What are you doing out at this hour?"

"Miss Graves!" he says, clearly unsure of what to say. He seems to think about it a moment, then his eyes tear up for a moment. "I just haven't been the same since my wife died," he confesses, slightly bending the truth.

"Aye, for me as well," you say, moving up close to him; you can nearly feel his warmth in the icy night air. "Mr. Graves was my life. Would you like to walk with me in the night for a time? This camp is... I cannot sleep, it brings me nightmares."

Who can sleep, everyone has been so hungry lately? And here you are, 'alone,' 'needing some company.' It would be 'ungentlemanly' to not protect you in this harsh wilderness. "Very well," he says, nodding, and he lets you take the lead.

You both move quietly away from the camp, and he says at once, "Did you see what Mr. Stanton did? He killed Mrs. Pike!"

"Oh, did he?" you ask, taking this information in. "That will be very useful to know... tomorrow night," you mutters. You're far enough from camp now, almost to the larder. You can't help yourself.

"Tomorrow night? Don't you mean tomorrow?" he asks, not quite catching the shift in your tone.

"Oh no, I can't tell the town tomorrow, otherwise they would know we were together tonight." No doubt he is now wondering if you meant you intended to sleep with him; hah! You had more meatier items on your mind.

"Oh," he says--he doesn't get it, he can't.

You've reached the larder, a small cave in the hillside. Last night's dinner reeks from inside. "Miss Graves... what's going on, why have you led me here?" he asks.

"So that I don't have to drag your body, of course," you says, and at once bring down a hammer onto the back of his head.

He collapses. You bring down the hammer again.

"Miss Graves! What have you done?" a voice calls. It sounds like Mrs. McCutcheon.

You spin in the darkness, trying to spot her. It's hard in the faint moonlight to see her clearly. Does she have a weapon? "Agatha! What--what are you doing here--what did you see?" you cry. Have you been discovered?

"I saw enough... but then, I came here to do this anyway," Mrs. McCutcheon says, stepping forward and grabbing the hammer away from you. Her strength is shocking! How... how!

She throws the hammer into the snow and leaps at you. You both spin around, and in another moment she throws you to the ground, choking you. In the shadows from the faint light, her eyes look like deep, dark pits. No! First Mr. Graves, and now you! What will happen to the Graves family name?

Slowly, darkness descends upon you, your body letting out one last shudder as life escapes.

You are dead!

You may now access this QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/Jg27bjT4ucJ

Mr. Quaroath Fosdick was the Town Dietician!
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (isolation #42) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:07 pm

Post by Krazy »

Yeah Q, the extra flavor in yours was just because you were dead and it didn't really matter if I was giving it away to you at that point or not. Same with Thomith that night he died.

I was pretty careful to remove anything that actually might have been valuable that he wouldn't have known in the version I wrote for Pine/CJDrum, as you can see.

Thanks again to everyone for playing, and a special thanks to everyone who replaced in :)
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:14 am

Post by Krazy »

I didn't give players role titles in their PMs, they didn't know their flavor name until they were dead. As for the flavor in the investigation results, since none of that was revealed and there was no way to confirm any of it, I don't think it did actually have any relevance to the game.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Krazy »

Here's why the setup is not imbalanced:

kdown's fake-claim not only wrecked the town, but helped the SK significantly more than the mafia.

After the RB's flip, everyone knew that the vig was going to take out kdowns.

-Mafia, thinking that kdowns is the SK, opts to take out a town-sided PR read.
-SK, thinking that kdowns is mafia, nevertheless still needs to find the other mafia's partner, so he opts to shoot for mafia.

As a result, town loses a second PR, and mafia loses its last member.

I'm not sure it's right to say the setup is imbalanced when the above happens.
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #672 (isolation #45) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Krazy »

I really liked how you kept posting in the QT after Snarky died.
vote conspiracy

Return to “Completed Open Games”