Open 209: The Invasion of Liten (Game Over)

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Open 209: The Invasion of Liten (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:25 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Still Among the Living

: SaintKerrigan
Co-Moderator
: Haylen

(Bold means confirmed)

-
Steam-Powered Shovel,
Arkon
Mafia Group B
, survived to a draw.

-
Furry
horrordude0215
Rebel
Mafia Group A
, survived to a draw.

* = prod

Joined the Ranks of the Dead

-
Nicodemus,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 1.

-
Dragonfly13
crypto
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 1.

-
LordChronos
Sanhora
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 1.

-
Nikanor,
Rebel
Mafia Group A
, was lynched Day 2.

-
Max,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 2.

-
Pulindar,
Arkon
Mafia Group B
, was lynched Day 3.

-
SFG,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 3.

-
Slaxx,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 3.

-
DeathNote
Haylen
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 4.

-
xRECKONERx
Sniper
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 4.

-
Alduskkel,
Citizen
Vanilla Townie
, was killed Night 4.
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Mon May 17, 2010 7:57 am, edited 30 times in total.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:36 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

In the distant future, humanity has reached out for the stars. Multiple colonies had been established on various planets, from the stable, tranquil world of Shizuka to the tumultuous, volcano-ridden mining world of Big Rock. Most of humanity was united under one government, referred to as the Union of Terran Planets, or UTP, for short. There were a few outlying colonies that were under private control. The tiny colony of Liten was one such world.

The course of human history changed forever on April 13th, 2486. First contact was made by a UTP exploration team on the planet Vasten with an alien race, soon named the Arkons. The Arkon's response to the team? Brutal, merciless slaughter. Not long thereafter, multiple colonies on the Fringe were assaulted by Arkon warships and utterly annihilated. The most sinister of the Arkon hostilities, however, was the infiltration of human colonies by the shape-shifting Arkons and decimation from the inside. The prominent UTP planet Tahego fell to this subtle infiltration technique.

At an emergency assembly of the UTP Congress, war was declared on the Arkons by unanimous vote. A side effect of the war declaration was that the UTP declared all human planets under its jurisdiction, and as such, all non-UTP colonies were required to declare allegiance to the UTP, or suffer the consequences. The motive behind this move was that many of the colony worlds were rich in resources, which the UTP would need to fight the war against the Arkons.

Meanwhile, on the planet Liten, the governing authorities struggled to make a decision. Would they comply with the UTP, or try to resist. Some of the members of the Liten cabinet favored open rebellion, while others favored to side compliantly with the UTP's demands.

And then the unthinkable happened...

August 5th, 2486 Space Calendar
Day 10, Month 9 Liten Local Calendar
0530 hours Liten Local Time

Bzzt!

The vidcom buzzed loudly. Governor Sarah St. Kerrigan opened one eye regretfully to check the clock. 0530.
Why would anyone be calling me before official working hours? I didn't get enough sleep last night as it is...

Bzzt!

With a sigh, Sarah pushed back the pseudo-silk sheets of her bed and sat up, making a feeble attempt to rub the sleep out of her eyes. Next to the bed was a shiny aluminum folding chair, with a crimson robe draped over it. Grabbing the robe, Sarah slipped it on, covering up her underwear.

Bzzt!

Sleepily she ambulated over to the wall where the vidcom was fastened and lightly punched the answer button. Nothing happened. Then she realized she had accidentally hit one of the number keys. Again, she hit the answer button. This time, a familiar face popped up on the screen.

Dr. Haylen York. The lead scientist on Liten.
Why is she calling me at this hour of the day?

"Ma'am, we have a problem," Haylen reported.

Sarah yawned. "Can it wait? I'm tired."

"No, ma'am, it can't." Haylen's words held a tinge of fear in them. Sarah became more alert.

"What is it?" she inquired.

"Well..." Haylen took a deep breath. "I came in early to work, as usual, and I found Simmons there, too."

One of Haylen's assistants. "What of it?"

"He tried to attack me, ma'am."

That got Sarah's attention. "What?"

"Luckily, I had my laser pistol on me, and I shot him before he could kill me. But when I shot him...his body changed."

"Changed how?"

"It morphed into something...alien. I checked the data we recently received from the UTP when they sent us the proclamation. The profile matches that of the aliens the UTP recently declared war on. The Arkons."

"Dear lord..." Sarah found herself at a loss for words. "Has he killed anyone else in the lab?"

"No, he was the only other person here. But if there was one Arkon...ma'am, I think it's possible that there's more of these things on Liten."

Chills coursed down Sarah's spine. Arkons...on Liten. But why? Liten had nothing of value, and they were far away from the Fringe. What could the Arkons possibly want with Liten?

"All right, get to the Government Center and head for Meeting Room 1," Sarah told Haylen. "We need to figure out what we're going to do here."

"Aye, ma'am." The video feed switched off.

Five minutes later, Sarah was fully dressed in her olive-colored uniform. For added measure, she fastened her laser pistol's holster around her waist. With aliens likely running around, it was better to be armed.

Without warning, the doorbell to her quarters rang. Sarah felt the fingers of fear clasp her brain.
Is it an Arkon, sent to assassinate me?
She went over to her desk and accessed the security camera feeds on her computer. Selecting the camera watching the outside of her door, she found a man standing in front of the door. In his hand, he held a pistol.

Beads of sweat trickled down Sarah's forehead. They had come for her.

The doorbell rang again.
He's not going to go away. Well, I've only got one choice, then.

Cautiously Sarah stepped toward the door. She flattened herself against the side wall and slapped the "Open Door" button. Immediately a bolt of light streaked into her room, burning a hole in the wall on the far side. Whipping around to face her attacker, Sarah took quick aim and fired. Red light hit the man squarely in the chest, and he collapsed to the ground. His laser pistol clattered to the ground.

Panting heavily, Sarah quickly ran up to her attacker and kicked his weapon away, while keeping her own pistol aimed at him. Strangely, he wasn't transforming. Was he human, then?

"What do you want?" Sarah demanded to know.

The man grimaced. "I'm not...the only one," he grunted. "We can't...join...the UTP. It spells...our doom. You...must die!"

Desperately he lunged up, pulling a knife out of its sheath. Quickly Sarah fired her laser pistol again. This time, the man collapsed to the floor and didn't move. He was dead.

But what he had said was disconcerting. Sarah had known some people disagreed with her stance on joining the UTP, but to openly try and assassinate her? This was a step she had not thought anyone would take. This was supposed to be a civil world, not some barbaric, backwater colony. Stuff like this wasn't supposed to happen!

But like it or not, it was happening. The question was how to deal with it?

Holstering her pistol, Sarah turned to stride down the corridor, en route to meet Haylen and the rest of the governing board in Meeting Room 1. Hopefully, together, they could figure this nightmare out.
Or will we tear ourselves apart...
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:44 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

SaintKerrigan's Mafia Ruleset

Article I: Day

1. The game is a day start.
2. Day shall last two weeks.
3. Scum may not use their quicktopic during the day.
4. During the day, you may place votes on a person using this format:
Vote: Player-X.

4a. Unvotes are not required, but are very helpful.
5. When a player receives more than half of the total votes at any point during the day, that player is lynched.
6. Once a player is lynched, twilight begins.
7. If the deadline has passed and no one has received more than half the total votes, the person who has the highest number of votes is lynched.
7a. In event of a tie for highest number of votes at the deadline, the one who reached the tying amount of votes first is lynched.
8. If a player has not posted within 72 hours, they will be prodded.
8a. Failure to reply to the prod in thread (or by PM during the night) in 48 hours will result in replacement of that player.
8b. If a player has received a total of three prods and is in need of another prod, they will be automatically replaced.

Article II: Twilight

1. Votes and unvotes will not be counted during twilight.
2. The lynchee may continue to talk during this time, as well as any other living player.
3. Once the lynch scene has been posted, the mod will lock the thread and night will commence.

Article III: Night

1. Night will last 48 hours.
2. During the night, scum may communicate using their provided QuickTopic.
3. During the night, any roles or factions with night abilities may choose to use them by PM-ing the mod (see the Role PM for role-specific instructions).
3a. If the role or faction chooses not to submit an action, a PM to the mod stating such is preferred.
4. Once the deadline for night has passed, all actions not received will count as a No Action.

Article IV: Capital Offenses

1. Do not quote your Role PM.
2. Do not use invisible text, codes, cryptography, etc.
3. If you have the power to edit your posts, don't.
4. Do not insult other players personally.
5. Do not test the mod by experimenting to see what he considers a personal insult.
Dark Red
is the mod's color. Don't use it.
7. Do not talk about ongoing games.
8. Do not quote any QuickTopics you may have access to, unless the mod has given you permission.
9. If any of these offenses in Article IV are committed, the first action taken will be a warning against the player (unless the rule infraction results in a damaging of the game, in which case modkill will occur).
10. Any further offenses committed will result in one of three things: a sterner warning, forced replacement, or a modkill, to be determined at the mod's discretion.
11. Modkill means you are removed from the game and autolossed.

Article V: Miscellaneous

1. The mod has the final say on any issue.
1a. However, the mod can make mistakes. If he does, please point them out either in a PM or in thread.
2. If something is missing from this ruleset, do not exploit the loophole. Instead, point it out to the mod so it can be corrected. Taking advantage of a loophole will result in a modkill.
3. If you need any help, or have questions, or just want to talk in general, feel free to PM the mod.
3a. Obviously, there are certain things the mod can't comment on, like "Who is the scum."
4. In some games, dead people can talk. This doesn't happen to be one of them.
5. The mod reserves the right to edit this ruleset as he deems necessary.
6. Remember, this is a game. Don't forget to have fun!
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:55 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

This is an Open Game. The following Role PMs will be used in this game.

Nine people will receive this Role PM.

You are a regular citizen of Liten, in the service of the government. You find the prospect of Arkons and Rebels frightening. Hopefully, you and your fellow citizens can solve this mystery and come out alive. If you can figure out which of you are actually citizens, that is...

You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You have your mind, and your vote. Use them wisely.

You win when all anti-town factions are eliminated.

Please confirm via PM. Game thread can be found [here].

Two people will receive this Role PM.

You are a Rebel. Many of the governing officials on Liten favor simply giving up their freedom and becoming part of the UTP. You know better than they do, of course. Joining the UTP will mean the downfall of little Liten. You're prepared to go to any length to ensure that Liten remains a free world. This includes killing those in favor of joining the UTP, as well as the Arkons who are masquerading as citizens.

You are a part of
Mafia Group A
. Your partner is [partner's name]. During the night, you may communicate via this [QuickTopic], and collaboratively you may decide on a person to nightkill.

You win when all other factions are dead, or nothing can prevent such from occurring.

Two people will receive this Role PM.

You are an Arkon. You and your brethren have successfully infiltrated the colony of Liten. Your mission: find what the Arkonian government sent you to find, and in the process decimate the pitiful human colony. With the superiority of Arkons to the human race, it shouldn't be too difficult, right?

You are a part of
Mafia Group B
. Your partner is [partner's name]. During the night, you may communicate via this [QuickTopic], and collaboratively you may decide on a person to nightkill.

You win when all other factions are dead, or nothing can prevent such from occurring.

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:02 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Roles have been assigned.
PMs going out now...
All PMs have been sent. The game will begin when I have at least 11 confirmations.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:23 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Ten's close enough. Unlocking the thread now.

The First! Vote Count

Not Voting: Haylen, Sanhora, Max, Pulindar, Alduskkel, crypto, Nikanor, SFG, Steam-Powered Shovel, Slaxx, horrordude0215, Nicodemus, Sniper

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: March 11th, 2010 at 8:00 p.m. CST

And...go!
Last edited by SaintKerrigan on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:24 am

Post by Nikanor »

YESSSS FIRST POST!
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Slaxx »

inb4 game

Vote Nicodemus
for being my friend. Only someone crazy would befriend me.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:26 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Vote Slaxx
Admitting that you have a scum buddy is never a good thing!
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:27 am

Post by crypto »

Vote: Sanhora
for being the only person I've played with before.
Unvote. Vote: Nikanor.
Why did you not random-vote?

Remind me to nominate SaintKerrigan for best flavor when the game's over.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Nikanor »

Two
three questions about the flavour, mod:
a) Why are the Arkons not named after their home planet?
Because Vasten is not the Arkon home planet.

b) Are the Arkons made by fusing together two Templars?
No, but nice guess.

c) Why does Governor Sarah St. Kerrigan have two titles in her name, and why is one in the middle of her name?!
Because St. Kerrigan is her last name. Governor is her title.

Oh, btw.
I'M A COP!

Just thought I'd put that out there.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Pulindar »

Vote Haylen
For being wrong about Shamu. :) Well, being right about Shamu, but not knowing that it was Really old news. 38 years old.

I believe Nik
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Nikanor »

Omg ninja'd by like, 50 people.
Slaxx wrote:Vote Nicodemus for being my friend. Only someone crazy would befriend me.
Aren't WE friends? I made you a COP, man! A COP! That's like, the most overpowered normal role in the game!
horrordude wrote:Vote Slaxx Admitting that you have a scum buddy is never a good thing!
I see no such thing. Stop making things up.
crypto wrote:Remind me to nominate SaintKerrigan for best flavor when the game's over.
I'm sure our mod will remember to remind you. :P
crypto wrote:Why did you not random-vote?
I REALLY wanted the first post.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:31 am

Post by crypto »

And now you're fake-claiming. And you still haven't voted. Awesome sauce.

Also, "Saint" is sometimes used in surnames.
SFG
SFG
Goon
SFG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:31 am

Post by SFG »

YOU ARE NOT THE COP! I AM THE ONE TRUE COP! BOW BEFORE ME!

also hai Nik ilu
The textwaller of d00m
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Nikanor »

crypto wrote:And now you're fake-claiming. And you still haven't voted. Awesome sauce.
LOL.
Guys, crypto is scum.

Hai SFG! Ilu too! <3
Care to bandwagon crytposcum avec moi? We're both cops, so we should work together. FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
Vote: crypto.
Nicodemus
Nicodemus
Goon
Nicodemus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:37 am

Post by Nicodemus »

crypto wrote:And now you're fake-claiming. And you still haven't voted. Awesome sauce.

Also, "Saint" is sometimes used in surnames.
Hypothetical situation: I am an Adel-alt. Please give me your initial reaction to this news

Vote: slaxx

Oh My God, yoU Suck
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:38 am

Post by crypto »

Nicodemus wrote:Hypothetical situation: I am an Adel-alt. Please give me your initial reaction to this news
Is this your idea of an ice-breaking joke?

Hmm. I don't think I've ever done this before, but questions for everyone:

1. Do you prefer town or scum?
2. Is lurking a scum tell?
3. Do you prefer town hunting or scum hunting?
4. How active do you normally consider yourself, in-game?
5. Policy lynches—good or bad?
6. Lynch All Liars—good or bad?
7. Is it scummy to vote without immediately giving the reason?
8. Is it bad to out your town reads?

Not answering my own survey would be totally rude.

1. Town.
2. Not reliably, but I think scum do it marginally more often than town.
3. Mix.
4. Fairly active. Sometimes too active. :?
5. Bad, unless they're a last resort.
6. Bad, but mostly a case-by-case issue.
7. No.
8. No. I encourage it.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Haylen »

Vote Haylen

Claim grasshopper cop family guy madscientist egg double voting vanilla spanish sheep.

Fuck it, I cant be bothered to think of a good breadcrumb.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Pulindar »

Ha I've got a Haylen wagon going :)

BTW St. Kerrigan I know we talked about it before, but I'd still really like to be a rebel with Haylen. I know you can still switch things around and make that work.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:41 am

Post by crypto »

Now, Haylen, we don't have to go over the whole "Self-voting in RVS restricts amount of available info" deal, do we?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:43 am

Post by Nikanor »

crypto wrote:1. Do you prefer town or scum?
1. Town.
2. Yes.
3. Scum hunting.
4. Semi-active. I go through dry spots of lurking at times.
5. Good, so long as we're lynching lurkers or people who follow policy lynches other than those covered under my answer to your question.
6. Terribad. People who think Lynch All Liars is a good idea should be shot.
7. Yes.
8. No.

On a side note, you're still scum. Haylen, why didn't you vote for crypto?
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:44 am

Post by Pulindar »

RQS wrote: 1. Do you prefer town or scum?
1. I want to try 3rd party
2. active lurking can be
3. scum hunting, even when I'm scum I scum hunt
4. semi. I may be moving again soon which will kill it for a few days
5. good day 1 bad later, usually
6. bad, mistakes happen, as do these early fake claims
7. NO!! Definitely not. when seeking certain reactions it is often necessary to vote without giving a reason especially on day 1
8. not in my opinion, but I can see where it might hurt. Still, I almost always say who I think is what.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Haylen »

I don't answer Random Question Stage. I thoroughly disagree with it.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:48 am

Post by crypto »

Oh, Haylen, you're so admirably eccentric. :|

NikanorLurking's a scum tell, but you "go through dry spots of lurking at times"?

Why is #7 scummy?
Nik wrote:6. Terribad. People who think Lynch All Liars is a good idea should be shot.
High five.

Pulindar
Pulindar wrote:7. NO!! Definitely not. when seeking certain reactions it is often necessary to vote without giving a reason especially on day 1
Booyah!

Return to “Completed Open Games”