Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Imat »

I have no idea, so don't blame me.

I haven't read yet, so allow me until the weekend to get my first real post out, then we'll go from there.
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Imat »

Still haven't read...Thanks for listening. Also, is it a bad thing not to vote? I don't know why rey didn't vote, but thats not a tell for either side. Any other evidence you have in your possession that a replacement may be able to answer to?
Willing to replace in any game, have some background experience but haven't gotten all of the specifics down, ie. abbreviations and other terms...
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Imat »

Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:BM...Got anything useful?
Erm not as such. The Cop-claim was a gambit, which didnt really work, although in a sense it did...

Although i am a little confused. Why would the scum, with 3 claimed power roles, decide to NK someone completely different? I mean, what circumstance could possibly facilitate that?
A Cop, Vig and Doc are a pretty strong set, and even with 1 of those claims as bogus, its still hard to see neither of the other two being killed. Now Xtoxm is totally confirmed, and i know im town. That leaves Oman, who im slightly more suspicious of now. Its possible that he chose to kill someone else, because killing a power role would spark some doubt about his claim.

THAT IS unless
someone hadnt read the game

I'm looking at Imat here, who's first post of the game is not overly-convincing.

Vote: Imat

I think we've found our last mafia member.

BM
Again, I ask for a day, and you give me nothing. I thank you BM for your incredible Hunting prowess. Unfortunately you failed to notice one minor detail. Rey asked to be replaced during the night. So, even if Rey/I had a night ability, Rey had the chance to give any choice before leaving. So saying I'm Scum because there weren't two kills and I hadn't read yet is ridiculous, much worse than your usual ability.

I'll continue a certain line of thought later, after I finish reading, to make sure I get all of the information at my disposal correct.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Imat »

Battle Mage wrote:
Imat wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:BM...Got anything useful?
Erm not as such. The Cop-claim was a gambit, which didnt really work, although in a sense it did...

Although i am a little confused. Why would the scum, with 3 claimed power roles, decide to NK someone completely different? I mean, what circumstance could possibly facilitate that?
A Cop, Vig and Doc are a pretty strong set, and even with 1 of those claims as bogus, its still hard to see neither of the other two being killed. Now Xtoxm is totally confirmed, and i know im town. That leaves Oman, who im slightly more suspicious of now. Its possible that he chose to kill someone else, because killing a power role would spark some doubt about his claim.

THAT IS unless
someone hadnt read the game

I'm looking at Imat here, who's first post of the game is not overly-convincing.

Vote: Imat

I think we've found our last mafia member.

BM
Again, I ask for a day, and you give me nothing. I thank you BM for your incredible Hunting prowess. Unfortunately you failed to notice one minor detail. Rey asked to be replaced during the night. So, even if Rey/I had a night ability, Rey had the chance to give any choice before leaving.
Get real. I actually thought that he requested replacement during the day, but if he did ask at the start of the night, do you really expect me to believe that hes selfish enough to send his night ability before quitting?
I dont think so kiddo.

BM
Do you honestly think Mafia would be selfish enough to leave a replacement, who hadn't read, to decide the NK? Honestly, giving the choice would not be Selfish. But thats all a moot point because I Don't have a night ability. And with a claimed Cop, Vig, and Doc, I doubt all of them are telling the truth. I think that would be tweaked in Town's favor a bit much, but I've never played Cults.

The Vig (Xtoxm, I believe) specifically. Its all well and good that 2 groups happened to target the same person, but what were the odds of that. Here comes WIFOM: Why would Scum and Vig be interested in lynching the same player? Vig wants to oust Scum, Scum wants to kill off Power Roles. Its not often that Townies act SO Scummy that they are Vigged without a claim. In fact, BM, I hate to Meta, but why aren't you asking the Vig to get a claim from the intended target? Isn't that what you do?

So, can anyone explain to me how two groups of opposite alignments happened to target the same person?
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Imat »

Sorry for prolonged inactivity, lost my internet for a week. I'll read what I've missed and give my thoughts ASAP. Also, BM, do you have any results you want to share? I may have missed something, but skimming tells me you're the claimed Cop.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Imat »

Ah, that explains a lot. Well then, I don't want a result...Unless you fake unclaimed as well...
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Imat »

Wait, what? lynching the last goon isn't worth it? Have you ever been in a game where its worth it to risk being NKed just to keep the Mafia in the game?

Also, when did I become the recruiter? I'm not liking where all of this is going, first I MUST be Mafia, now I HAVE TO BE CR? What are the odds that I'm a CR? Less than that of being a Goon. I'll admit, only having one person killed is strange, so BM was in his right to point the finger at me. But to call me Cult is completely baseless.

In fact, Norinel, that whole post is full of Scum. First you say "Let the Mafia live," then you continue by making baseless accusations against me. Where do your priorities lie? Obviously not with the Town.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (isolation #7) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Imat »

Excuse me if I don't agree, BM. Lynch me and the game is most certainly not wrapped up. In fact, lynch me and the game goes down the tube for the Town. But, then again, that may be good for you BM. Perhaps all this accusing of myself has given you an excellent way to prevent suspicions on yourself. You see an easy target, a replacement who happened to replace in on a night with only one kill, and you jump at the chance to misguide the Town. And this isn't the first time you've done so, either. Honestly BM, your case against me is "He replaced in and lied about not reading, he must be Scum." Really? Is that really all you've got going on me? Because by the way you've been talking, it sounds like you have obvScum. Which, obviously, is not the case. I'm telling you once now, lynch me and the game'll just be that much harder. Do some actual Hunting and it can only get easier. I'm NOT Scum. If the actual Scum wants to claim, that would help the game along immensly and would be greatly appreciated.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:08 pm

Post by Imat »

Battle Mage wrote: Ok im at the start of Page 10. Heres my LoS so far:

OMG – Highly Scummy
Elias- Fairly Scummy

Militant- Slightly Scummy
LaLaLand- Slightly Scummy (now Xtoxm)
XreyoX- Slightly scummy

Norinel- Neutral
Dahen- Neutral
BlazeRunner- Neutral

Ghostwriter- Fairly Protown
FriendofOld- Very protown
Oman- Highly protown

Anyone ranked Fairly Scummy or higher is someone I’d be willing to lynch on the spot. Anyone ranked Slightly scummy is one to keep an eye on, and could be lynchable in the future.
Anyone ranked neutral, I cant really find anything major that suggests they are either protown or anti-town.
Fairly Protown means that im leaning towards protown, but not absolutely sure.
Very Protown or above means you are virtually beyond reproach, and im nearly certain that you are town, or at the very least, not going to be lynched for a while.

I’ll continue reading over the weekend fo’ sure. In meantime,
Unvote, Vote: OMG
if I am not already.

BM
My first comment in finally getting to the read: BM, I didn't realize you said the exact same thing as me upon entering the game, "I haven't read yet." Are you denying your own claim then, or are you the only one who doesn't read every single game just in case they'll be willing to offer replacement should the need arise?

Second comment: Where the heck could this list have possibly come from? I got exactly the opposite reads at this point in the game, though some of that is from knowledge of their actual alignment. However, much of it isn't. Before I continue past this point of my read, I have Lorinel, Dahel, BM, and Oman on my list of suspects. FoO is not included because I know he's Scum. I'm of the opinion that BM is Cult and Lorinel is Mafia.

Stopping midway through page 14 as its getting late. BM and Lorinel, I'll try and get an analysis of your posts done after I've finished reading, see what you have to say for yourselves. All others on my list, same goes for you, but probably to a lesser extent seeing as how I've provided my top two, which obviously means I have more to go on with them...

Also BM, before I leave for the night, there were two attempted kills last night, which I failed to notice was proven by the Mod. GW was shot and shotgunned, implying two killing groups targetting one player. So yes, there were two hits, the Mafia, whoever is left, was not "clever" enough to purposely not kill in order to get Rey/myself lynched.

And finally, still looking for that Mafia claim. Remember, the Cult has a high chance of winning this thing if we don't work together to kill them off. A claim is in both our best interests.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (isolation #9) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Imat »

Obviously we are all a bit confused. See, not to insult anyone's intelligence...You know what? No, I'm not going to reveal my plan because its sufficiently obvious to anybody who knows anything about this game. If you don't understand, too bad for you. If you're Mafia and don't understand, just go with the flow, we need to eliminate the Cult now if either side wants to win.

Truth be told BM, you are only on there for GSGold's active lurking, but your play as of late seems rather Cultish, so I've decided to look into you and GS more closely. Blaze and GW were also on the list, but they have since died. OMG and Elias were not, which is why I'm confused as to how the Town could blunder up so bad with them...But at least we redeemed ourselves with FoO, thats one high point for the many lows.

Why is Norinel confirmed CR BTW?

Also, I don't need to construct facts to fit my needs. I'm not Mafia, no worries there. And, even if I were Mafia, I think I'd have the smarts to read a little bit of the last stuff and take out my top PR suspect, instead of some random hit. If I had had a Night choice, I would've read up BEFORE the night ended. I'm not one to throw my chances on some random decision.

And BM, the "Lied about not reading" bit comes from you, not me. It sounds as if you are saying I lied about not reading. I can see, from your post 864, that this isn't the case so much, but thats what I thought at first. Thanks for clearing that up.

Another note: I don't know what alignment you are. Last night I believed you to be the CR, but if you have a strong case against Norinel I'm happy to listen. I'm not confirming anyone's alignment to myself, I had strong suspicions but wasn't certain of your alignment either way.

And Oman, why the huge concern with "optimal play?" A bit overworried that lynching the Cult leader is a bad play when compared with lynching the Mafia? I thought by now it was agreed that lynching the CR was the better plan, though your worry about voting the wrong party makes me look at you more closely.

Norinel: What strong arguments are there against me being Town? Did Rey fake claim? Did Rey vote hop like a madman? Did Rey not participate in Hunting? Where is this strong evidence, because I have yet to see it. And again, why am I suddenly the CR? First Mafia, then CR? Can I be Town next? Or does that put you at a disadvantage?

And heres where conflict arises: BM agrees (I think) that I didn't read. If I didn't read, and I've never been in a Cult game, wouldn't it make sense to skim and say "That person claimed Cop/Doc, I'll target them." Instead of some random kill? This isn't even WIFOM, I wouldn't have read that people were advocating Fake claims and therefore wouldn't have even thought much about fake claimers. I had three easy targets to choose from, why would I NK a random target? The answer is simple and not WIFOM: I wouldn't. I'm not a bad player, at least not bad enough to NK a random target instead of skimming a few pages to find not one but THREE PR claims.

Good to have a Widescreen Monitor back, everything fits just that much better.

Also, saw this in preview mode, thank you PP for giving at least one suspicious behavior of Rey. I'm not sure I agree its completely Scummy to attack but not vote, but I can see your view here. Thanks for giving me at least one thing to think about in Reyo's/my defense.

One last note: PR in this case is Power Role, not Post Restriction. I've always hated that they have the same acronym...
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Imat »

I'd like that as well...But, I won't, because I have no reason to quit. Even though some players are deadset on me being Mafia despite ANY evidence to the contrary. Ah, well, I suppose Townies have to be COMPLETELY incorrect sometimes in order for the Mafia to have a chance of winning. Yeah, thats right BM, I'm saying you and your lackies are COMPLETELY incorrect, in capital letters even.

And does it look to me like Oman's post is less of a simple misunderstanding and more of a "I have to remember which people I've made up lies about" post? I, personally, got the latter, though I'm slightly biased due to the fact that the Town is COMPLETELY incorrect.

I'm sure this has already been covered, but when CR dies the Cult is left as Survivor role right?
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Imat »

Yes, I totally claimed Scum. Because BM editing a quote makes the edited quote more trure than the original, right Oman?

And I have played in many games at the same time, I've only forgotten one claim. And I remember who is in the game, usually not who they replaced though. I know it could be a simple mistake, it could also be you forgetting that you are pinning the Mafia blame on me instead of the CR blame, because you know I'm not Mafia. If BM wants to lynch me for replacing in at an inconveniant time, I'm allowed to at least look into possible mistakes aren't I?
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by Imat »

I said "Ppl are deadset on me being Mafia despite any evidence to the contrary." Meaning people are 100% sure I'm Mafia despite evidence saying I'm not. I don't see the error there. I think people looking at BM's edited quote will see things differently, but I typed it how it is: Even though there's evidence saying I'm not, people still are completely sure I'm Mafia. Which is a false accusation.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Imat »

It was sarcasm Oman, but you can call it pratonizing if you want to be wrong about it.

Norinel, where do you get that at all? First, and most importantly, most of the players left in the game are convinced I'm Scum, or at least they were when the day started. So if you're saying that everybody pushing me today is Town, then I guess you secretly think Xtox is Scum, don't you? And if you read it at all correctly, you'd find that I'm accusing BM of doing the most pushing. I'm greatly considering BM being the recruit. Not the Recruiter, mind you, because I leave that role for Norinel. I am, however, saying that BM getting recruited led the CR to follow one of his own recruits. Its clear, to me at least, that one of the other blind followers is following BM due to alignment, and since there's only one Mafia member left (Presumably), then they are Cult. Norinel, your downplay of the number of people on my case disturbs me: BM himself admitted that most everybody was for an Imat lynch. Just because they ain't voting doesn't mean they aren't against me. So yes, the majority on my case is Town. Then there's BM and you, who I'm almost convinced are in cahoots. That leaves us with Mafia, of whom I have suspicions about but need to be sure before presenting a full case.

FoS: Battle Mage

Vote: Norinel
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Imat »

Actually,
UnFoS: BM
. I just noticed this is how he always plays: Take one Scummy player and target them all day. I'm not discounting possible Cult role, but I'm not so sure of my suspicions as before. But those who blindly followed him still look really bad to me. I'll keep my vote, definitely the best place for it.

And BM, just for future, or if you're not biased enough to realize present, reference, take a good hard look at those who spurred you onto the Rey case in the first place. Are there any striking similarities with your list of suspects? I'd suggest looking at those people either before or, and hopefully this won't come true, after my death. I'm saying this one final time: I am not Mafia. I am not Cult. I have no Night abilities. That leaves us with a Townie, doesn't it. Just something to think about.
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (isolation #15) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:58 am

Post by Imat »

Technically Cult is Scum. I learned that from BM. So "taking the Scum" could be referring to the Cult or the Mafia, neither of which is me...
Imat
Imat
Goon
Imat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (isolation #16) » Wed May 07, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Imat »

...Good game Town. Good thing you figured this out, or my death may not have been for anything...It may not have served any purpose anyways...Sorry Reyo for playing a bad day, though to be fair BM didn't help...being the CR that he was.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”