Mini Normal 2159 | Cinder Block Mafia | Game Over!

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #38 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 15, ItalianoVD wrote: 1. What is your mafia experience?
2. What is your play style strength(s)? Weakness(es)? Do you know?
3. In your opinion, what is the most important thing to look for while scumhunting? While townreading?
1: a ton, mostly here but some offsite
2: I feel like I’m good at intuiting the identities of scum, but I have trouble actually selling anyone on my reads
3: it’s not really a thing to look for, but I think avoiding axiomatic mindsets is important, it’s very rare to find something that’s cut and dry
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also, VOTE: CFJ, I hope your play matches up to your role and setup design skills
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

You can grow watermelons in them
Anything that I can grow a watermelon in
When I learned I could grow watermelons in them
Assur
I have faith in God, but I don’t have faith in religion.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 48, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:5.
No.
Here I developed some even better questions!
1. Is it okay to put rotting produce into an uncooked stead as a filler?
What is the cinderblock you would like most as a pet?
Are pineapples good on pizzas?
VOTE: Walther
Now you’re just wasting time and space with this
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 50, callforjudgement wrote:As usual, much of what's been posted so far isn't alignment-indicative, but there are a few people who are possible to get (weak) reads on, even this early.

The first player who caught my attention was SJReaver (newbie greeting tell in #), but they've done it before as town (Newbie 2020). #13 still does seem a little off compared to SJReaver's usual first posts, but that might not be surprising for someone who usually replaces. # also strikes me as a bit strange, given that it's worded as a statement to nobody in particular. I can understand being angry with NM for quickhammering in a game in a past (he's historically done it quite a lot), but #13 isn't anger, and it isn't engaging with the person in question, or stating a read, or anything. It's just a statement, and I have no idea why it was made.

My biggest concern, though, is with RCEnigma. # and # look like the sort of posts made by someone who is trying to be hard to read, for whatever reason. #36 is just a straight-up "help a newbie" post; such posts are generally good for the game, but townies tend to answer them as a side thought while doing something else, whereas scum tend to realise "ooh, this is something I can answer without giving anything away" and just answer them, betraying the fact that they aren't really thinking about the game more generally. #37 is an incredibly guarded answer to RQS questions, and the first time I've seen such questions actually produce alignment-indicative answers.

VOTE: RCEnigma
In post 15, ItalianoVD wrote:1. What is your mafia experience?
2. What is your play style strength(s)? Weakness(es)? Do you know?
3. In your opinion, what is the most important thing to look for while scumhunting? While townreading?
1. I used to play more than I do nowadays, and mostly in small games (newbies, Micros, and replacing in late to larger games when the playerlist has become smaller). That's primarily due to a lack of time; I think it's important to avoid joining a game if you might have to replace out. That said, I am fairly experienced.
2. I'm good at looking town early on in games (even when I'm scum). However, I sometimes struggle with that later on; if I haven't established myself as locktown (or been nightkilled) within the first few days, people start getting paranoid of me. My scumhunting is somewhat spotty; sometimes i can catch entire scumteams (this happens more often than chance would predict), but sometimes I can be utterly wrong all game. Even when I do catch scum, it is frequently the case that my reason for the scum read can't possibly have been correct (I'm probably right for the wrong reasons more often than I'm right for the right reasons). I'm also a very experienced setup reviewer, and can often establish someone as 100% town because the setup wouldn't otherwise be balanced (so far I have a perfect record with this sort of read, although the conditions for it don't come up all that often).
3. Assuming we're talking about reading people from their dayplay, there isn't a real difference between scumhunting and townhunting; you just look at players and try to read them. In both cases, the best results I've had in terms of conscious reads have been from trying to figure out what someone is thinking and following their thought process (e.g. when Not_Mafia actually pays attention to the game and puts in effort, he's fairly easy to read this way).
In post 39, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, VOTE: CFJ, I hope your play matches up to your role and setup design skills
Huh, have you never seen me play? We've been in enough games together, after all; was I the moderator every single time it happened?
If we played, the multiple times you’ve modded have drowned it out
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 55, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 54, Frogsterking wrote:Heyyy page 3.

RVS VOTE: callforjudgement as a call for peace
OK, I don't like this. Not specifically because the RVS vote was on me, but because you made an RVS vote in the first place, and labelled it as one.

The whole point of RVS is to get the game started; initially we have no information, a little later we do have information because people have started posting. So the whole point is to do things that people can react to, to do things that let your alignment shine through, to try to pressure people into making mistakes.

If you post an RVS vote labelled as an RVS vote, then:
  • People will know that there's no read basis behind your vote, = you aren't trying to get your vote target voted out, = it doesn't apply any pressure;
  • You're making yourself hard to read, because the post could just as easily be made by any alignment;
  • In addition to muddying the waters about your alignment, you're neither forming reads nor pushing reads. So you aren't doing any of the three things a townie should be doing.
If you're town, this isn't good enough. We're at page 3, there's already alignment-indicative content being posted (and potentially alignment-indicative lack of content), and this should be fairly obvious to anyone reading the thread (I even pointed it out in my previous post!) Your post would be one thing if you planned to read the thread after making it, and immediately corrected the vote to something real. But you didn't say you were going to do that, and it's been 10 minutes since you posted it (easily enough time to read 54 posts). This isn't good enough. Please read through the thread and try to look for reads, don't try to continue RVS once it's already ended.
I feel like this is expecting a frog to leap a mountain just because it’s known for leaping
Yes these are good things to expect but not at this moment, you’re reading way too hard into that I feel
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 91, SJReaver wrote:
In post 89, ItalianoVD wrote:I’m out for tonight though. Will catch up and see what happening tomorrow.
Oh, thanks for giving us a post just to tell us you're not going to post anymore tonight. This totally adds to the gamestate and doesn't pad your post count.

Strange that I've never seen you post something so irrelevant on D1 before.

Wonder where you picked up the hab...
In post 75, Raya36 wrote:More from me tomorrow
Oh.

Hey guys! Hey guys! Hey guys!

Did you know that you can pull up a log of all of other people's posts and search for specific words? Try that with ItalianVD and search for the word 'tomorrow'

((spoiler alert: he's never talked about how he's going to catch up/read more/post more tomorrow before))
Okay...? Don’t see the impact of that
shocking revelation
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 96, geraintm wrote:
In post 46, RCEnigma wrote:By the end of page 3 I will have caught 1 scum.

Proceed.
Nope. By the end of day 1 no one will have caught scum. Never happened before, it isnt going to change here
Wdym by “no one will have caught scum”
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 102, SJReaver wrote:
In post 89, ItalianoVD wrote:I’m out for tonight though. Will catch up and see what happening tomorrow.
^ Continued to visit the site on and off for two hours after I accused them of being scum. Didn't post anything in a public channel though.
Please refrain from hyper aggressive activity analysis.

There may be several reasons they’re on but not posting.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

SJR’s posting reads like a 9 year old with how naive they’re being
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 150, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 62, callforjudgement wrote:(PEDIT: re #)

Why do you care about whether we're cultured, as opposed to whether we're scum? This is a Mafia game, not a classics exam. (Also, #4 doesn't have a single correct answer; Assyria no longer exists and its capital changed over time.)

There's only one town-indicative reason I can think of to make a post like #, and if it were the actual reason, I'd expect you to have mentioned it.

As for your previous comment: I know I post a lot of text sometimes, but I'm trying to convince people to play in a more town-sided way. In the current metagame, town wins quite easily when townies put in effort, scum win quite easily when they don't. There are a lot of players out there (some of them in this game; hi Not_Mafia!) who are good players when they put their minds to it, but more commonly just end up passively floating through the game and eventually making everyone impossible to read.
I therefore see trying to persuade people to get their brains into gear as important, as I'm unlikely to win otherwise.

PEDIT re #: I believe we're out of RVS as soon as anyone posts anything that can be scumhunted from. We were out of RVS
before
my two posts, not
because of
them. That's why I didn't cast a random vote, and why I don't expect any more random voting in this game.
(added bold)

The bolded comment was intended to be a town slip (as was the post pretty much) but I'm here to make the case it's actually NAI.

If judgement is unable to persuade people to get their brains in gear he's unlikely to win as town or mafia, because he's unable to persuade people. He even said "...as
I'm
unlikely to win otherwise", as though he's scum and the cognitive dissonance of saying "town is unlikely to win otherwise" was too great.
Yeah that actually does read mildly awkward
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 153, BananaCucho wrote:Likeable = scummy

Now I've heard it all :lol:
That’s

Not what CFJ said at all
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 174, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 170, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 119, callforjudgement wrote:The game isn't in the random voting stage as soon as there's something non-random to vote about. # appears to be the first post which contains a non-random (if weak) read, so it ended there.
Are you sure this is the post you meant to quote? This is not what you saying at all. A player is explaining something to another player. You wanna try again?
I did mean #31. "Bad post".
In post 119, callforjudgement wrote:VOTE: BananaCucho
This is a stronger read than the read I had on RCEnigma. # and # (I haven't checked # because I have images turned off) are the sort of content that's a) easy to post as either alignment, and b) doesn't help solve the game at all as town.
This wouldn't be particularly scummy if it were posted together with more townish posts, but in isolation, it's pretty suspicious.
So what are you saying? Can you elaborate on the bolded?
Optimal strategy for scum would generally be to lurk (and thus give nothing away), except that intentionally lurking tends to look scummy in its own right. So the next best option, and one that happens ridiculously often in practice, is making posts that don't do or mean anything to make it look like you aren't lurking; you get the benefits of lurking and dodge some of the disadvantages.
In post 119, callforjudgement wrote:(Also, I have a mild scum read on SJReaver from #; people are way more likely to joke about being scum when they actually are scum.)
Really? How so?
I've been maintaining that this is a real tell for years (e.g. here). Actual results have been mixed; I've seen three joke scum claims, and one of them was from scum (from Firebringer here), but one of them was from Not_Mafia (for whom a scumclaim in the first post isn't alignment-indicative because he does it basically every game). So a 50% accuracy rate isn't that bad (given that only about a quarter of players are scum), although there isn't much data from my personal experience. (I can't remember where I first heard about the tell in question.)
FYI on a general level I agree scum claims are more likely to be scum, just based on what goes on at my homesite, but SJR’s behavior just feels very erratic in a newbish way, so I don’t exactly think it’s wise to make sweeping statements about what SJR is doing.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 182, Frogsterking wrote:I feel like Nosferatu if he flipped town would just post some filler there instead of explaining that he couldn't post filler because he's drunk.

Like you really think a guy who took the time to upload an animated avatar of some movie star consuming a cigar or joint or whatever the fuck that is would feel too self-aware to post some filler because he's been drinking?
In post 180, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: Nosferatu

I'm not buying the sobriety excuse because I'm town and posting anyway right now. Nosferatu's post seems a little lurky and overconcerned. Like he thinks he can get away with it for an ML or two.

COJ seems overly concerned with Not_Mafia. I feel like he would be able to think more critically if he stopped mentioning Not_Mafia.

COJ and Not_Mafia nominated themselves for town leader and town "anti-town" and seem well suited for their roles respectively.

WaltertheDunce10 seems like he likes Twitter or LinkedIn or both.
Does everyone here just have a hair trigger temper when it comes to suspecting things
I feel like everyone’s just chomping at the bit for whatever vaguely suspicious thing they can find vs. actually probing to see if it’s a valid suspicion
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (isolation #14) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 188, geraintm wrote:
In post 149, Not_Mafia wrote:
Scum was still caught day 1
I am 100% sure I can go through every single game on this site and find someone on day 1 claiming they have caught scum that by the end of the game will be true. but they don't get lynched....
It seems you hold the belief scum can’t be voted out D1, that’s blatantly untrue, sure it can sometimes be a fluke but a lot of times what may look like a fluke was actually just good play by town that goes uncredited because “oh D1 is such a crapshoot hurrdurr”
I’m a firm believer that people who dislike D1s are the main reason they’re so unproductive
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (isolation #15) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 204, geraintm wrote:
In post 195, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 96, geraintm wrote:
In post 46, RCEnigma wrote:By the end of page 3 I will have caught 1 scum.

Proceed.
Nope. By the end of day 1 no one will have caught scum. Never happened before, it isnt going to change here
Wdym by “no one will have caught scum”
I find day 1s fairly useless, way too much noise and people being too clever. no one has got any info to go on and day one is just random....excepting scum never get lynched.
See you’re the exact kind of player that makes D1 unproductive imo
Though with how this game is going I agree about the thing about people being too clever
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (isolation #16) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 220, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 191, Gamma Emerald wrote:
No.
Why would you call this out but not call me out for doing the exact same thing?

I disagree with any notion of "wasting time" when we have 2 week long days lol
His explicitly comes off as wasting time
You just seem like a less serious person in general

But to elaborate, the prolonging of the RQS came off as scum who didn’t have a good transition into the full game yet. One was alright and the first was some good questions, the second had less compelling questions but felt orderly enough to not bother me. The third was super random and out of place imo.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (isolation #17) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 223, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 201, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 182, Frogsterking wrote:I feel like Nosferatu if he flipped town would just post some filler there instead of explaining that he couldn't post filler because he's drunk.

Like you really think a guy who took the time to upload an animated avatar of some movie star consuming a cigar or joint or whatever the fuck that is would feel too self-aware to post some filler because he's been drinking?
In post 180, Frogsterking wrote:VOTE: Nosferatu

I'm not buying the sobriety excuse because I'm town and posting anyway right now. Nosferatu's post seems a little lurky and overconcerned. Like he thinks he can get away with it for an ML or two.

COJ seems overly concerned with Not_Mafia. I feel like he would be able to think more critically if he stopped mentioning Not_Mafia.

COJ and Not_Mafia nominated themselves for town leader and town "anti-town" and seem well suited for their roles respectively.

WaltertheDunce10 seems like he likes Twitter or LinkedIn or both.
Does everyone here just have a hair trigger temper when it comes to suspecting things
I feel like everyone’s just chomping at the bit for whatever vaguely suspicious thing they can find vs. actually probing to see if it’s a valid suspicion
You including yourself in that "everyone"?
No.
I expressed nowhere near the confidence level the other people I was calling out have shown.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also why are you shading me when it looks like you also have some suspicion towards Walther yourself?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m very surprised SJR didn’t immediately SR my reaction to his Italiano push
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Walter (just noticed there’s no h oops) did you respond to my vote and I missed it or what?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #259 (isolation #21) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 248, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
In post 240, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 220, BananaCucho wrote:
No.
Why would you call this out but not call me out for doing the exact same thing?

I disagree with any notion of "wasting time" when we have 2 week long days lol
His explicitly comes off as wasting time
You just seem like a less serious person in general

But to elaborate, the prolonging of the RQS came off as scum who didn’t have a good transition into the full game yet. One was alright and the first was some good questions, the second had less compelling questions but felt orderly enough to not bother me. The third was super random and out of place imo.
I agree, but it was meant as sarcasm to banana’s qs.
How did i prolong rvs until coj declared it ended with his post?
Pedit you expected a response? People are entitled to believe who they think are scum.
You laid out some points nm and nos just blarbed out votes.
I can understand the sarcasm point. As for CFJ ending RVS/RQS, I think the idea that one person’s action can end RVS is a bit basic. RVS is more of a state of mind. I’ve had a few games in the past where despite it being like Day 3, my mind was in RVS mode because I lacked any real solid bearing for actual comprehensive reads. RVS being over for one person doesn’t end it for everyone, however there is a line (a vague one though) where almost everyone has moved on, and to remain in that state yourself after crossing that line is suspicious because it comes off as not being able to properly transition into the game, whether by not being able to fabricate reads effectively, or concern about taking hard stances, or maybe other reasons.
FYI the last half of that chunk of text was pretty much just talking over the logic, I actually think your response to the votes on you is pretty good so I will UNVOTE:

@SJR
Yeah I think I do that pretty often. You’ve shown yourself as excitable and really into your own hype. As such I would expect any contrary opinions to yours to garner a quick attack from you. I could be wrong but based on your join date, that’s the impression I get.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (isolation #22) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 262, SJReaver wrote:
In post 259, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@SJR
Yeah I think I do that pretty often. You’ve shown yourself as excitable and really into your own hype. As such I would expect any contrary opinions to yours to garner a quick attack from you. I could be wrong but based on your join date, that’s the impression I get.
The inside of my head can get a touch frantic at times, yes.

But most players are townie so most people who disagree with me are townie.
Cool, I’ll try to not be too harsh towards you then
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m with Nosferatu here, that’s way to early to attempt to suggest active lurking
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 313, SJReaver wrote:Stupid DAMN newbies.

I agree that newb!scum might be worried about the attention. (And yes, I know that newb!scum is me in this case so my judgement is suspect as hell)

That no one has seriously scum read me or pushed my slot is a touch disappointing. As scum, I think I'd be a touch more timid? I know it sounds like BS, but if you look at my games, I've only drawn town. I'd love to think that I'd be as aggressive as scum, but until it happens, I can't know.

By the way, I am town

Totally town

RCE is the only one who took my bait and I town read them. It makes me sad.
What was the bait again?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #341 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 332, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 313, SJReaver wrote:That no one has seriously scum read me or pushed my slot is a touch disappointing.
You did get results from this, even if not the ones you expected:
In post 31, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Bad post Reaver click on the link for normal games, and to answer since this is a mini only one town and one mafia faction.
There is a list of roles on the wiki for normal games.
In post 226, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:is that an actual claim sj in 216?
(For reference, the claim in # was Paranoid Gun Owner, a role that is not Normal according to the Normal Game definition, thus it can't be in the setup.)

Apparently Walter, despite knowing that Normals only allow a specific list of roles, decided to rolefish in response to your claim rather than checking it. (Part of the reason there was little response to your claim is likely related to the fact that it's a bad idea to discuss roles too much in a Normal, especially early on; it tends to give scum hints as to where the power roles are, and most Normals become very scumsided if you can't keep the power roles hidden. In my previous Normal, scum won, and a major factor in this was having too many roleclaims on D1. So gaining any results at all were something of a surprise.)

I'm pointing this out in the hope that the information is useful for whatever test you were running.
I find it very unfair to expect everyone who plays Normals to be 100% up to speed on what is and isn’t allowed in them. I had a game where I thought I knew my stuff but I made a fatal error that lost the game for town. No one’s perfect.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 339, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 334, Nosferatu wrote:it is anti-town wincon to bleed town d1 and you know it cfg
I can parse this sentence fragment about three different ways, none of which make any sense. Are you saying that you're acting scummy because you think looking town is anti-town? That you think I'm town, but playing badly because I'm trying too hard to be townread? That you think I'm scum because I look town? (Why do you even think that I look town?)
I think he’s saying being obvtown early isn’t a good idea for him
Which Idk if I really like that, feels like he’s trying to hint PR in a slick way
I’m open to talking about this if Nosf cares to though.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #349 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m doing Creature style reads this game, deal with it :cool:

ItalianoVD
callforjudgement
Gamma Emerald

BananaCucho
SJReaver

Not_Mafia
geraintm
Raya36
Frogsterking
Nosferatu

RCEnigma
sordros
WaltertheDunce10

Linethrough = townread, italics = not exactly a townread but don’t want to vote there
FYI I will probably work on tuning my reads soon
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 350, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
In post 349, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m doing Creature style reads this game, deal with it :cool:

ItalianoVD
callforjudgement
Gamma Emerald

BananaCucho
SJReaver

Not_Mafia
geraintm
Raya36
Frogsterking
Nosferatu

RCEnigma
sordros
WaltertheDunce10

Linethrough = townread, italics = not exactly a townread but don’t want to vote there
And I assume neither means neutral or null ?
Neither means still a possible suspect
I am feeling like this will be a PoE game for me FYI

@RCE
I would be intrigued because it implies there is a scum you’ve caught by now.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #370 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 355, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 349, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m doing Creature style reads this game, deal with it :cool:

ItalianoVD
callforjudgement
Gamma Emerald

BananaCucho
SJReaver

Not_Mafia
geraintm
Raya36
Frogsterking
Nosferatu

RCEnigma
sordros
WaltertheDunce10

I'm town
sure you are buddy
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 358, Nosferatu wrote:i'm also not saying that you should be always anti town as town but it behooves you to do so in the first couple of days so you can actually play the game lmfao
If you are good at the game/an important PR, sure
But I don’t think you’re the former off experience and am thus concerned by you implying the latter
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Have you explained why it’s CFJ?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (isolation #32) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler chat = the dead/spectator thread that games have so those who aren’t playing anymore, plus those who just want to watch, can discuss the game, there’s variable practice on how much information the mod will give in them (sometimes there’s 2 for spoiled and unspoiled discussion) but generally you’ll at least get some drips of info from the mod or those with extra knowledge (scum most of the time) talking about the game events in there
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (isolation #33) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Is cfj seriously being wagoned for being “too towny”?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (isolation #34) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 391, geraintm wrote:
In post 341, Gamma Emerald wrote: I find it very unfair to expect everyone who plays Normals to be 100% up to speed on what is and isn’t allowed in them. I had a game where I thought I knew my stuff but I made a fatal error that lost the game for town. No one’s perfect.
oh, i'm this guy. I constantly have to check every claim made in a game because I don't know what it is. sometimes I don't ask because I feel stupid. like.....scum has multitasking. I take it that means they can do more than one thing each night, but I just assumed they could do that already so why is mod spelling it out?
Multitasking (and daytalk) are weird mechanics where they’re super common but Normals like to tool around with whether they’re tied to roles or not
The public announcement is essentially saying that despite them not having Multitasking in their role names, they have the ability it grants. That impacts how trackers and role cops handle results I think
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (isolation #35) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 344, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 342, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 334, Nosferatu wrote:it is anti-town wincon to bleed town d1 and you know it cfg
I can parse this sentence fragment about three different ways, none of which make any sense. Are you saying that you're acting scummy because you think looking town is anti-town? That you think I'm town, but playing badly because I'm trying too hard to be townread? That you think I'm scum because I look town? (Why do you even think that I look town?)
Which Idk if I really like that, feels like he’s trying to hint PR in a slick way
that is what im saying, im not hinting at a pr tho i think its optimal play as town unless you have a negative utility role which i don't
Missed this before
Why is being obvtown early bad for you?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (isolation #36) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 397, RCEnigma wrote:
Dayvig: Gamma
Interesting. I’m going to enjoy watching everyone else react to this.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #406 (isolation #37) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 403, Raya36 wrote:
In post 384, Gamma Emerald wrote:Is cfj seriously being wagoned for being “too towny”?
It might be a playstyle thing for him but he seems to choose his words too carefully and to be trying too hard to appear obvtown. There's a difference between being too towny and appearing to be trying to be too towny. There's a paranoid part of me that thought when he was discussing how scum lurking by making meaningless posts is optimal, he was trying to say that's what he would do as scum, then do the opposite to appear town.
This makes more sense to me.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #412 (isolation #38) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 410, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 394, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 344, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 342, Gamma Emerald wrote:
that is what im saying, im not hinting at a pr tho i think its optimal play as town unless you have a negative utility role which i don't
Missed this before
Why is being obvtown early bad for you?
cause i like being alive
Just as personal preference, or are you better as a player in late game?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (isolation #39) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also the self vote was ech but not really scummy I think
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (isolation #40) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 417, BananaCucho wrote:Am I the only one that thinks that is townreading Nos? I don't understand the scumreads on him and the votes on him feel opportunistic at best
I don't townread him myself but I also think the wagon on him isn't good, for probably what you've already expressed
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (isolation #41) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think I want to add banana to my townblock
I also kinda like post 421 as a town post
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (isolation #42) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 428, Raya36 wrote:A deflection from me calling your self vote scummy. I call your self vote scummy and you say me calling it that is scummy. Deflection.
I think I know what you're trying to say, don't particularly agree, but it's not exactly a bad logic
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (isolation #43) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

what's up Nosf?

Also that last post by geraint is kinda sketchy
tbh I kinda thought they were a newb but I was thinking about how that would impact this thought, checked, and they have been active in normal games recently, so the idea of the lost townie who might be just taking things at face value doesn't really apply
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (isolation #44) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

okay does no one know how the role rules work rn
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (isolation #45) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

honestly I'm just waiting for cfj to come in because I'm 100% sure he knows what I'm talking about
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (isolation #46) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I know how you feel tbh
I didn't know mafia miller couldn't be a thing until I lost a game because of it
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (isolation #47) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I didn't explicitly point it out for some time
but Yeah I always knew it wasn't real, so with the newer playerbase for this game I figured it would garner some interesting reactions
Didn't end up being the case, very little seemed to come from it and everyone took it at face value.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (isolation #48) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well I didn't cut the cord in the end, Raya did
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (isolation #49) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

actually I guess that technically is me disclosing it was fake
but I was leaving it to someone else to actually point it out
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (isolation #50) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

ItalianoVD
callforjudgement
Gamma Emerald
BananaCucho
SJReaver

Not_Mafia
geraintm
Raya36
Frogsterking
Nosferatu

RCEnigma
sordros
WaltertheDunce10

also
VOTE: geraintm
it's not strong but the thing I called out earlier is the first thing in a while that's actively pinged me
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (isolation #51) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

It looks like it’s just reacting to events, not really pushing conversation, that’s prolly what he means
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (isolation #52) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 469, geraintm wrote:
In post 450, Raya36 wrote:
In post 446, Gamma Emerald wrote:okay does no one know how the role rules work rn
I thought dayvig was a thing in normals :/
In post 439, Gamma Emerald wrote:what's up Nosf?

Also that last post by geraint is kinda sketchy
tbh I kinda thought they were a newb but I was thinking about how that would impact this thought, checked, and they have been active in normal games recently, so the idea of the lost townie who might be just taking things at face value doesn't really apply
Oh, is this what you meant?
Do not underestimate my inabiity to understand what is going on in a game. I quoted in a different post why I thought it was genuine
But like, we’ve established it was a gambit/reaction test
So it wasn’t genuine
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (isolation #53) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 471, Frogsterking wrote:Charmander just shot up to FoS #2 for his terrible defense of Nosferatu. Arguably it makes him even scummier than Nosferatu.
In post 472, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 460, Gamma Emerald wrote:ItalianoVD
callforjudgement
Gamma Emerald
BananaCucho
SJReaver

Not_Mafia
geraintm
Raya36
Frogsterking
Nosferatu

RCEnigma
sordros
WaltertheDunce10

also
it's not strong but the thing I called out earlier is the first thing in a while that's actively pinged me
If these are actually town reads then this list is terrible as well.
I’ll be sure to take your words into consideration, Mr. Thinks A Single Prodge Means Active Lurking
Last edited by GeorgeBailey on Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #475 (isolation #54) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

@MOD I only meant to quote each of those once.

Fixed
-gb
Last edited by GeorgeBailey on Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (isolation #55) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 485, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 474, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 471, Frogsterking wrote:Charmander just shot up to FoS #2 for his terrible defense of Nosferatu. Arguably it makes him even scummier than Nosferatu.
In post 472, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 460, Gamma Emerald wrote:ItalianoVD
callforjudgement
Gamma Emerald
BananaCucho
SJReaver

Not_Mafia
geraintm
Raya36
Frogsterking
Nosferatu

RCEnigma
sordros
WaltertheDunce10

also
If these are actually town reads then this list is terrible as well.
I’ll be sure to take your words into consideration, Mr. Thinks A Single Prodge Means Active Lurking
Sarcasm..

A weak-minded tool to control weak-minded people
The fool sits upon his tower of false gold, looking down on those he believe to be beneath him, when it is he who is the lowest, having bought a sham.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (isolation #56) » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 489, Frogsterking wrote:I'm not sure why initially but now I feel pretty platinum about it.
:lol:
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (isolation #57) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 487, Frogsterking wrote:At the moment I'm feeling like this is a four-scum setup.
Lol what
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (isolation #58) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 516, Tayl0r Swift wrote:overall walter and reaver are top scumreads.
yikes
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (isolation #59) » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 521, Tayl0r Swift wrote:whoops did not mean to hit submit there. sometimes im a bit premature.

(nos) uh calling you scum is scummy? by self voting as town arent you necessarily playing against wincon?
(gamma) in what world is a self-vote not scummy?
(banana) hmm odd timing depending on flips this could be an attempt at a counterwagon?

VOTE: cfj
scummy (or to better express what self-voting actually is, anti-town) doesn't mean scum
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (isolation #60) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 535, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 530, Nosferatu wrote:also 4 scum is kind of insane for 13 players?
I highly doubt GB runs 4 scum but 9-4 normals aren't unheard of. They just suck.
if we want to get crazy we could try reviewer meta? But yeah 9-4 in a normal is pretty unfun-sounding
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (isolation #61) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think it's specifically referring to when a set of players votes together and moves their votes together
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (isolation #62) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 541, geraintm wrote:
In post 539, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think it's specifically referring to when a set of players votes together and moves their votes together
how is that different to what I just described?
voting blocks don't have implicit agreement that everyone is town
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (isolation #63) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 551, callforjudgement wrote:Did you know? part 1: geraintm's vote on Not_Mafia was his RVS vote (#). It hasn't changed since.

Did you know? part 2: Although the fact in the previous paragraph would be a horrible scumtell coming from almost anyone, it is
not
a scumtell coming from geraintm. In Mini Normal 2153 (where geraintm was VT), geraintm made an RVS vote in that game's #, and didn't unvote or place another vote until that game's #1377, almost 11 votecounts into that game's day 2 (despite having moderate scumreads elsewhere in many parts of day 1). So I think any tells on geraintm based on bizarre voting behaviour are invalid. (geraintm sometimes moves his vote sooner, but only upon having a very strong read, which he normally doesn't D1.)
In post 300, geraintm wrote:day 1 I am nothing but shade. you know it will take a lot on day 1 for me to actually vote someone.
Did you know? part 3: geraintm seems to use the same RVS gimmick every game. This might produce interesting scumhunting information if this fact were generally known (because posting at the critical post count is, in effect, volunteering to be D1 Hated when geraintm is playing). However, I think it's highly likely that the playerlist as a whole was unaware of geraintm's tendency to breadcrumb the algorithm by which he'll subsequently cast his first vote, meaning that it's effectively random (weighted by posting frequency) and provably unmanipulatable (possibly even to the extent of bypassing the rules on provable randomness?). Perhaps if geraintm outright stated "I will vote for the person who posts #22 [or whatever] for the entirety of day 1, check my meta, I do this every game", the gimmick would produce more interesting information for scumhunting purposes; as it is, it's basically just a method of playing that's anti-town, but repeated so consistently that it isn't a scumtell for geraintm in particular.

VOTE: Tayl0r Swift
I’m sorry what the fuck is the point of all this?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (isolation #64) » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Like, the random trivia on geraint + rhetoric vaguely painting geraint as town + unexplained vote on Tay + the fact he was on geraint before then makes that looks extremely suspicious
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #590 (isolation #65) » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 576, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 574, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm a Day PT Cop, BananaCucho has a PT

VOTE: BananaCucho
What??
Do you not have the ability to read one post up?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (isolation #66) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 592, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 590, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 576, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 574, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm a Day PT Cop, BananaCucho has a PT

VOTE: BananaCucho
What??
Do you not have the ability to read one post up?
What does it mean?
It means NM didn’t have anything, he just did so because he was prompted to
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (isolation #67) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 606, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:hmm
alright. At least that is something.
VOTE: Gamma
@Gamma
What do you think cfj was going for with the post about gerain?
The post still doesn’t sit right with me, but he put a good foot forward explaining it
As for what he was going for, it looked like he used an NAI point as a way to leave to wagon. It’s not as sketchy now with the explanation but if geraint flips scum I’ll likely be calling back to that
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (isolation #68) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think so, it reads in a way that looks more like partner handling than white knighting
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (isolation #69) » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Helpful scumplay is still scumplay
Why do you think it’s worth keeping active scum alive?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (isolation #70) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 643, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 620, Gamma Emerald wrote:Helpful scumplay is still scumplay
Why do you think it’s worth keeping active scum alive?
Explain to me how we will lynch three players on D1 and I will.
We won’t. Now explain how anything scum does isn’t going to be in service of an agenda on the macro level
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #668 (isolation #71) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Nice to see you again as well Looker
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (isolation #72) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 654, RCEnigma wrote:Every second spent reading mafia is a burden to me.
Don’t play mafia then :cool:
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (isolation #73) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 688, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 678, Tayl0r Swift wrote:why this vote? ive really seen nothing so far to indicate you had suspicion of italiano, and this isnt a major wagon, so why join here? seems like now that theres a little momentum on walter that you come in and start a counterwagon. interesting.
No one's convinced me that Walter is scum. But I feel like Italiano can flip red by virtue of being outside of my townreads.

I'd like to flip all of Italiano, cfj, taylor, gamma, Raya, banana today and then reevaluate after.
Good luck : )
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (isolation #74) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 730, Tayl0r Swift wrote:my current solve is enigma shelly and nos.
Why do you think they all pile on the same wagon with minimal reasoning? Towards the beginning, no less?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (isolation #75) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 736, Not_Mafia wrote:Can flashwagon Walter please, italiano is a vig kill not a lynch
We have no assurance that a vig is in the game, calling someone a vig kill is meaningless while that’s the case
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (isolation #76) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 792, ItalianoVD wrote:At the moment the people I am townreading are of course Walter, now Taylor and Nosferatu.

Reason being, I know what I am and they both did things that they had no reason to do if they were scum imo.

Nosferatu saw the weirdness of people regarding cfj (namely Raya and Taylor) and pretty much backed me up. It doesn’t matter how you read me (null, town, scum) the fact that you did this regardless of where your vote is at the moment is pretty major.

BTW...you having fun on my wagon yet? ;)

Taylor’s post ... particularly this:
i think there is a third possible explanation though, which is why i moved my vote away from walter. i dont think im going to vote for walter or italiano today, but will expect more from them on subsequent days.

This shows me she is paying attention and had no reason to highlight a third option if she was scum. CFJ threw out the bait and she didn’t take it.

Sorry if these reads are personal and can’t be seen by others, just giving my thoughts. That’s it for now though, my other reads have been re-evaluated due to today’s wonderful events.
okay
any suspects rn?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (isolation #77) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think I'm good where I'm at
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #822 (isolation #78) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 803, RCEnigma wrote:Like RCEnigma.
Huh?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (isolation #79) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

what are the actual votes rn
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #842 (isolation #80) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 832, Datisi wrote:
Votecount 1.13

shellyc(5)
~ (42), (46), (68), (73), (70)

WaltertheDunce10(4)
~ (57), (25), (68), (83)
ItalianoVD(2)
~ (66), (70)
geraintm(2)
~ (80), (55)

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-06 11:18:30)

MOD REMINDERS
  • prodding Not_Mafia
  • looking for a replacement for shellyc
Out of these I’d rather we come back to Geraint. I’d also be okay with Italiano, but Shelly and Walter are townreads (at least, I was townreading Banana)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (isolation #81) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 836, Looker wrote:
  • Gamma Emerald asked for a votecount and here it is; so who are you going to vote?

• Why did CFJ ask me to move my vote but not RCEnigma? Why are players ignoring RCEnigma?
Out of the two main options rn I think I lean towards voting Walter. I think while the Shelly/Banana slot isn’t doing much now what it did before felt quite towny, in the sense that it felt genuine and pure.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (isolation #82) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I can’t say I expected that execute flip, or that kill
Maybe I need to reset?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #928 (isolation #83) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 871, Raya36 wrote:I feel like there's a pretty good chance scum is between cfj or Walter though
Why this, exactly?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (isolation #84) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 912, RCEnigma wrote:Since we're making assumptions.

Assumption 1: frog is in a hood
Assumption 2: this game is not 9-4
Assumption 3: I can end this game by day 3 potentially.

I'm a PT cop and have a result on someone that is not frog/walter/Italiano.
Interesting. I’ll give you one shot to tell me who your result is on.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #930 (isolation #85) » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also, just to play along: no hood.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (isolation #86) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 958, Nosferatu wrote:{italiano, frogster}
{ts, walter, rce}
{looker, gamma, geraint}
{cfg}
{raya}

where im at right now

VOTE: looker
Why are you voting in the tier you are?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (isolation #87) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m not avoiding the thread, I’m just focused on other hobbies recently
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1023 (isolation #88) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 982, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 973, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 971, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 962, Looker wrote:Can anyone interpret Nosferatu's readslist and explain to me why he's voting me over Raya? (Or voting me at all)
{town}
{nulltown}
{null}
{nullscum}
{scum}
so youre saying youre voting a null slot over a scum slot?
explain
In post 970, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 964, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 958, Nosferatu wrote:{italiano, frogster}
{ts, walter, rce}
{looker, gamma, geraint}
{cfj}
{raya}

where im at right now

VOTE: looker
youre voting for someone in the middle of your readlist?
gotta sort them somehow i dont think any more pressure on cfj is doing anything
Okay. Why are you voting to sort rn? I don’t think it’s wrong to do that, but why?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1025 (isolation #89) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1008, callforjudgement wrote:
  • Gamma Emerald asked for a votecount and here it is; so who are you going to vote?

• Why did CFJ ask me to move my vote but not RCEnigma? Why are players ignoring RCEnigma?
Why didn't you move your vote at the time you made this post?

This is especially relevant as moving to shelly at this point would have caused her to be hammered (the demand was there: #, #, #), and if you preferred the Walter wagon, there was demand there too. You could probably have pushed either wagon over the finish line, but instead you waited and Nosferatu made the decision.

(Although deadline had been paused – at 2½ hours, so we were effectively in a "go offline and day could randomly end before you can react" situation ­– it was still very unlikely than anyone other than Shelly or Walter would be town's choice at that point.)
This might be a point against Looker? I had a scum game offsite recently where I missed deadline for voting like 5/7 days, and put out fake outrage about it quite a bit. So I think it might be a vaguely similar thing happening, since the root of the complacency was I believe not wanting to pull through a vote on a buddy while also not wanting to seem like you’re deflecting. The fact Looker didn’t vote here could be scum who didn’t want to take a stance that might not end well for him.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1026 (isolation #90) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Anyone else notice Looker is self-voting for no reason?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1027 (isolation #91) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Looker
I checked the context of that vote and that’s a whole crateful of yikes.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1031 (isolation #92) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m not a fan of how cfj is interacting with frogster, feels like discrediting. It seems like cfj wants to smear frog’s reputation just on principle
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1034 (isolation #93) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1032, callforjudgement wrote:How do you define "discrediting" / "reputation" in this context?

From my point of view, Frogster is tunnelling on me. I'm reading him as town, and town vs. town tunnels are one of those things that has a tendency to lose games that should be very winnable. (I once lost a game in a 4:1 ending where I was confirmed town and I had strong setup-speculation/mechanical reasons to think that two of the other players were also town, but unfortunately they were tunnelling on each other and nothing I could do or say would persuade either of them to believe that the other was town; I guessed wrong as to which of the possible-scum players were scum, scum nightkilled me and they crossvoted, and even though one of them turned out to be Vengeful town
still
ended up losing.)

I take # as particular evidence that Frogster is tunnelling, because he's taken something very minor / non-alignment-indicative, and is acting as though it's a highly convincing scumslip, together with bold underlined size 150 font.
I think you’re trying to generalize the Nos misread as a sign of being a bad player, that’s what comes off as discrediting. The reputation thing is that it seems like, no matter what Nos flips, you’ve expressed an opinion that allows you to push frog. So I think you’re just trying to make him look untrustworthy, which with him pushing you takes out the points of someone who is against you.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (isolation #94) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1037, Looker wrote:
  • More investment will come to this game later.

In post 1016, Raya36 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1012, Looker wrote:
  • Where is WaltertheDunce10?

In post 1000, Raya36 wrote: How is that an over defense of Taylor? I think the claim is genuine and I don't like the shade you're putting on it. Yes we should confirm the claims by the end of the day. But putting shade on them right now does no good.
That's not making sense to me. "confirm[ing] the claims by the end of the day" requires suspicion. Why would my suspicion upset you

Suspicion is fine but you claimed to have suspicion on all of the claims and it read more like scum trying to gently push the claimed PRs before they become confirmed
CAN ANYONE READ THIS SENTENCE AND TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS
Also, are we not going to concede that my suspicion was warranted? RCE false-claimed. Surely this must be obvious to more than just me.
In post 1017, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:I am here but am sick and then fell asleep for 12 hours. Have some work to do but I would be fine with cfj raya or looker.
This would be more believable if you added why

• Is Gamma really trying to call me out for being off-wagon when they were off-wagon as well? They said "where are the votes right now?" and then vanished - a coward's way out or scum's way out. Either way, I don't see them having a leg to stand on.
I explicitly didn’t want to vote Shelly out of the available options. So being off wagon isn’t as bad for me as it is for you. And the “crateful of yikes” I mentioned is you self-voting after posting something that looked like calling yourself scum. That could be a town screw-up, but is that something I wanna take a risk on? Not really. Looks too suspicious.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (isolation #95) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1045, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1043, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 1026, Gamma Emerald wrote:Anyone else notice Looker is self-voting for no reason?
In post 1027, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Looker
I checked the context of that vote and that’s a whole crateful of yikes.
In post 1031, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m not a fan of how cfj is interacting with frogster, feels like discrediting. It seems like cfj wants to smear frog’s reputation just on principle
Great misdirection. :igmeou:
yeah thats a really bad sequence from gamma who has been pretty lurky all game.
Pretty sure I had the MOST posts D1, so this is a bad take.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1048 (isolation #96) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 789, GeorgeBailey wrote:
Votecount 1.12

ItalianoVD(4)
~ (62), (70), (61), (82)

WaltertheDunce10(2)
~ (55), (25)
geraintm(2)
~ (76), (41)
callforjudgement(2)
~ (64), (53)
shellyc(1)
~ (39)
Not_Mafia(1)
~ (64)
Gamma Emerald(1)
~ (70)

Not Voting (0):

MOD REMINDERS
shellyc and RCEnigma have been prodded!
I was second in post count. That’s far from “lurking all game”.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (isolation #97) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1039, ItalianoVD wrote:This is not a defense, but all those suspicious of Looker, were you suspicious of SJReaver?
I TRed SJR, I might re-evaluate that read now, seeing as I already was wrong on a townread that I feel was similar in logic
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1050 (isolation #98) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Actually no my TR on SJR was for reasons similar to how I perceived frog
I’m not gonna drop the read, meanwhile this seems like an interesting path to follow for potential info
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1052 (isolation #99) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Having started another ISO read of SJR, this time from the end vs. the beginning, a difference in how frog and SJR were acting is apparent: frog was more confident about reads than SJR. This probably makes frog townier than SJR. In addition I think in retrospect the scumclaim Slayer’s gambit was a bit questionable, I think Town wouldn’t have as much of a problem with reading someone as Town through it. My guess would be he was trying to bait out a suspicious reaction from a townie.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (isolation #100) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1051, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 1047, Gamma Emerald wrote:Pretty sure I had the MOST posts D1, so this is a bad take.
For what it's worth, my memory of your D1 play is that you had a high postcount but also hadn't done anything particularly noticeable or game-progressing; my thoughts were often along the lines of "Gamma Emerald feels like a lurker, how did the postcount get so high"? It may be because a large proportion of your posts (not all of them, but many of them) are obvious comments that could have been made by anyone and/or didn't related to the main themes that were going on at the time, so it's hard to remember that you specifically were the person who made them.

As such, I don't think "Gamma Emerald is a lurker" is a useful conclusion to draw, but I also don't think it's useful to conclude anything from the fact that someone does think you're a lurker. A playstyle that includes lots of very short posts, many of which are generic, is naturally going to lead players to forget that you've done much in the game.
This is a fair response
Though I don’t feel like I have been commenting on obvious/unrelated things. I think I’ve just not really tried to make an impact yet. That’s due somewhat to not caring too much about the game as much as probably some other people do, and probably actually because of that. I think today’s direction actually feels like one I can actually feel good trying my best in.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (isolation #101) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1074, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:Looking and him and frog seems to be a tvt maybe. Not convinced though. But Gamma seems slightly townier to me. still null.
don't like the fake claim. It baited out that there is one neighborhood and gave scum info.
However, looker self-vote is just weird as fuck.
It’s not just weird
It looks like a slip.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1092 (isolation #102) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Oh wait yeah I misread
It’s still wack that Looker self-voted but it’s not as much of skip as I though it seemed
Still think my SJR reread combined with how Looker has acted makes him probably scum, I’m just not dead set on it
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (isolation #103) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1076, geraintm wrote:
In post 1072, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:I don't get this vig theory at all. I agree that it is weird. Maybe CFJ thinks that people think that he killed NM? That still does not explain this theory though
I didnt think it...until he went to great lengths to say he had no idea why it happened
And yet I also kinda made a scene about the kill?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (isolation #104) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If it’s a one shot vig would it be okay if they claimed?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1116 (isolation #105) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don’t think that’s the right interpretation of of CFJ is doing at all? Am I failing to read between the lines here?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (isolation #106) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I see bussing as like rocket fuel, you can’t burn all of it at once before you enter orbit (which would defined as either winning or reaching the point where you’re untouchable by play)
So like, budding everyone super early is straight up unwise but you shouldn’t be averse to it
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1207 (isolation #107) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Does anyone have anything they’d like my opinion on or anything? I feel like a wallflower rn
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1209 (isolation #108) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don’t think he’s specifically pocketing you, but looking at his ISO he kinda seems like he’s not scumhunting like I think he should be based on the opinions he’s expressed, so I could see him as scum
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (isolation #109) » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Who hasn’t at least given vague indications they didn’t get a message?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1284 (isolation #110) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1228, ItalianoVD wrote:And don’t pressure Walter. He doesn’t know and it’s not his decision.
Then why did he say he did?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (isolation #111) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1238, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1237, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 860, Datisi wrote:
Votecount 1.FINAL

shellyc(7)
~ (48), (47), (69), (75), (85), (67), (74)
-- HAMMER
WaltertheDunce10(3)
~ (60), (29), (70)
geraintm(2)
~ (82), (56)
ItalianoVD(1)
~ (70)

Not Voting (0):

Of the 4 remaining offwagon slots, coming into the day I had sjreaver/looker as the most likely town in that grouping. But lookers reasoning and timing on gerain is a lot less natural than gammas in general + a couple of town indicators in their iso puts gamma up there for now.

Looker has been on a downward trajectory since repping in but I don't know if that's necessarily scummy or if it's just him wanting to be contrarian.
Yeah I feel that. I rationalized this with the idea that Looker is an unorthodox player, similar to the player he replaced, SJReaver, and is attempting to scumhunt/gamesolve by his own means, and kept Looker as a townlean.
I agree they are unorthodox but I think rn it’s a way that seems scum indicative
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (isolation #112) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1253, callforjudgement wrote:With that said, RCEnigma seems pretty likely as an Italiano partner, and is also pretty likely scum if Italiano is town (even if Italiano thinks he has a good reason to wanting to increase the general confusion and antagonism surrounding the game at the moment, RCEnigma doesn't really). My main reservation against joining that wagon is that I don't much like the wagon that's there at the moment – I would have expected it to dissipate upon realising that RCEnigma has a tendency to do stupid and ill-advised gambits as town, but it didn't (in particular, the fact that Raya is still there is something of a point against Raya, as she doesn't seem to have a scumread for independent reasons). I guess I'm starting to see where the Raya wagon has come from.
This position strikes me as mildly convenient, and also a sort of hilltop positioning (where cfj is poised to progress this read in any direction)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1287 (isolation #113) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1270, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 1268, RCEnigma wrote:Then gg town wins.
I'm not convinced: in Nosferatu's scenario, then D3 we have Italiano (scum), Italiano's buddy (claims a town result on Italiano), 7 townies. We'll probably waste a few days miseliminating townies in that scenario, and if we do get suspicious of the Italiano+buddy pairing, we'll almost certainly eliminate the buddy first. At that point, we'll still have no idea whether or not Italiano is scum; after all, even if he's town, he could have targeted scum and the scum player in question would confirm him. I fail to see how this scenario is an automatic town win.
Are you thinking in that situation the town (as a collective) will immediately regard the buddy as town?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (isolation #114) » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1279, ItalianoVD wrote:Anyone come to a similar conclusion about callforjudgment in ? Or am I off in this?
That’s not really part of my read on him at all

My heart and my gut say to townread cfj, but my head is telling me the few bits of potentially scummy behavior from him are worth pursuing
So I’d vote him around deadline but I’d rather listen to my gut vs. my head
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1315 (isolation #115) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1292, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 1291, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1289, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1279, ItalianoVD wrote:Anyone come to a similar conclusion about callforjudgment in ? Or am I off in this?
That’s not really part of my read on him at all

My heart and my gut say to townread cfj, but my head is telling me the few bits of potentially scummy behavior from him are worth pursuing
So I’d vote him around deadline but I’d rather listen to my gut vs. my head
This post looks like horse crap. Shoot Gamma up to FoS #2.

Raya it's your insistence on voting Walter that make me read you as scum or stubborn townie.
scum or stubborn townie isnt much of a read. like what are the odds that someone is either scum or town? pretty sure its 95% or so in this setup. why should we think scum rather than town? my PoE is now raya, cfj, and froggy
that's a very peculiar PoE, any pairing of those iirc has a fair amount of distancing, do you think that means anything?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (isolation #116) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1298, ItalianoVD wrote:He said he knew who I targeted, which he does. What I was saying was he doesn't know why I'm holding back on revealing the target.
fair enough
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (isolation #117) » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1302, geraintm wrote:agree with this, this is one of those posts I hate from people where they give themselves weasel room to join a wagon at a later date.
it's only if nothing I would rather vote is around. Since you say this, what do you make of my similar statement from D1?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1358 (isolation #118) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1326, geraintm wrote:
In post 1317, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1302, geraintm wrote:agree with this, this is one of those posts I hate from people where they give themselves weasel room to join a wagon at a later date.
it's only if nothing I would rather vote is around. Since you say this, what do you make of my similar statement from D1?
I've just gone through my posts interacting with you, and couldn't find me telling you off for waffling like this. I might have skipped your poat when you did this, when didnyou?
gimme a sec
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1360 (isolation #119) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 842, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 832, Datisi wrote:
Votecount 1.13

shellyc(5)
~ (42), (46), (68), (73), (70)

WaltertheDunce10(4)
~ (57), (25), (68), (83)
ItalianoVD(2)
~ (66), (70)
geraintm(2)
~ (80), (55)

Not Voting (0):

MOD REMINDERS
  • prodding Not_Mafia
  • looking for a replacement for shellyc
Out of these I’d rather we come back to Geraint. I’d also be okay with Italiano, but Shelly and Walter are townreads (at least, I was townreading Banana)
In post 843, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Out of the two main options rn I think I lean towards voting Walter. I think while the Shelly/Banana slot isn’t doing much now what it did before felt quite towny, in the sense that it felt genuine and pure.
This is what I'm talking about
I gave a similar evaluation of my willingness to vote certain slots here, at least as I see it
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1361 (isolation #120) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1329, RCEnigma wrote:VOTE: RCEnigma don't have the want or need to wade through toxicity.
Did
-did you just poke at Nos with this
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1362 (isolation #121) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1342, Tayl0r Swift wrote:lets do an exercise: everyone post your gun to head scumteam of two people with one extra person who might be scum for me please. this could potentially provide very interesting data.
Can I do this later today or do you want it ASAP
today has not been the best day for me, plans falling through has really messed with my head
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1368 (isolation #122) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1366, ItalianoVD wrote:@callforjudgment: Why did you kill Not_Mafia?
HUH?
Are you thinking cfj is claiming vig who killed NM?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1372 (isolation #123) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

what the hell is with asking people questions assuming they're scum? I looked at the other ones and that now seems to be the case
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1377 (isolation #124) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In real life I'd suggest maybe trying to turn their thought process on them to the point where they are struggling to cope with the cognitive dissonance of their beliefs
I don't know how that would work here though
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1383 (isolation #125) » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well that’s a “unique” term to use
Had you not also said dine I’d have assumed that a typo
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (isolation #126) » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1398, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:I son't like italiano's vote. It seems random.
Hm? Can you expand on this?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (isolation #127) » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1456, Frogsterking wrote:For one thing, I believe a flash wagon on CFJ or Gamma is more likely than a flash wagon on RCE, because at least a few players have listed CFJ or Gamma as a compromise lynch. I'm personally willing to vote either one. If you're goal is to make it through D2 without getting to L-1, like it seems based on the statement you just said, then changing your vote to either of those players is a good place to start.

Second, I'm not willing to vote any of the players that were on-wagon D1, including your current vote, until I've seen flips or reports showing otherwise because I believe the shelly wagon was town driven. If you want to survive, much more get through today without getting to L-1, then I suggest you vote someone who was off-wagon that is being scumread by other players.
If it’s on RCE it’s not a flash wagon because there’s already a few votes on RCE
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1593 (isolation #128) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1570, callforjudgement wrote:I received a Friendly Neighbour's PM last night (and I'm pretty sure I read it correctly).

Italiano is Town.
Does it say Italiano's name?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1594 (isolation #129) » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm also thinking I want to vote RCE rn, but I'm a bit of a slow voter whenever there's a new day, just by my own observation, so I'll probably hold until I get a few things figured out
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1616 (isolation #130) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1599, RCEnigma wrote:Also I thought Taylor was traffic analyst and not PT cop. PT cop with friendly neighbor neighbor suggests walter scum actually, if scum isn't already in a PT with town it makes the pt cop a full cop with hard clears instead of a soft investigative.

Haven't checked for who Taylor targeted night 1 but they would be essentially confirmed, not actually confirmed since jk is possible but they never mentioned no result.
I don’t like this post
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1617 (isolation #131) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1605, Frogsterking wrote:If Taylor's report failed because of a mafia role blocker then why did Italiano's night action go through? That makes me think there is a role cop or some other kind of maf pr.
Wdym her report failed?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1618 (isolation #132) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1593, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1570, callforjudgement wrote:I received a Friendly Neighbour's PM last night (and I'm pretty sure I read it correctly).

Italiano is Town.
Please answer this ASAP CFJ
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1637 (isolation #133) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1622, callforjudgement wrote:
In post 1618, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1593, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Italiano is Town.
Please answer this ASAP CFJ
What is your motivation behind asking the question? As far as I can tell, an answer is more likely to benefit scum than town.

If you explain why the answer would be useful to town, I'll answer it.
Depending on your answer I should be able to confirm one more Town.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1645 (isolation #134) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1639, callforjudgement wrote:(PEDIT: re #)

Confirming players is beneficial to town. But letting scum know which players are confirmable is beneficial to scum (as they will know they can kill them, rather than an unconfirmed player).

Is the player in question me or RCEnigma? If not, then assuming you are correct, then the only way scum can hide the knowledge of who the confirmed player is will be to nightkill me (as I'll be able to reveal the same information tomorrow rather than toDay, or if I'm run up and forced into a claim). I think town would get a bigger benefit from scum nightkilling me (rather than a more generally townread player) than it would from a player who is unlikely to be eliminated anyway becoming publicly confirmed.
I’m not expecting to confirm you or RCE as Town as of now. And I take it you were told a name in the FN action you received? That seems to be your indication.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1648 (isolation #135) » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: CFJ
I am no longer asking. Answer my question. You are obstructing my ability to confirm a town slot as I see it. How does knowing what the FN result PM looks like help scum? I can make conclusions already but I want to be certain.

In addition,
Italiano
, do you have any modifier to your role? You don’t have to claim what it is, but knowing yes or no will help me determine whether I can piece together the situation.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1686 (isolation #136) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1663, callforjudgement wrote:Ooh, an idea that could explain Gamma's actions…

@
Gamma
: Did you receive
Italiano's
Friendly Neighbour PM Night 2? That would explain your actions here; you would naturally assume that I'd fakeclaimed to receive Italiano's PM for some reason, and would be hoping to catch me in a contradiction (in this scenario, you'd be lying about the "confirms a player as town" reason for pressuring me in order to reduce the chance I caught on). The question in this scenario would be intended as a subtle way to check for a second Friendly Neighbour (with you forgetting that Nosferatu would be able to counterclaim a "no" answer and thus it would reveal the existence of a second Friendly Neighbour in the case that I was town).
I received no Friendly Neighbor action. I do however have reason to think multiple FNs exist.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1688 (isolation #137) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Because I figure through my process I should also become clearly town. There’s a method to my madness here.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1691 (isolation #138) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I tracked someone to you last night. It was not Italiano. As such I’m figuring it was someone else who is also FN.
Italiano, if you’re comfortable, I’d like if you could specify your full role, because I think the puzzle will snap into place with that information.

FYI I’m not revealing anything I wouldn’t reveal at the end of this process anyways.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1695 (isolation #139) » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1692, callforjudgement wrote:Why would that prompt you to ask the questions you did, though? Tracking a player lets you see their target, but it doesn't tell you about other players with the same target; what made you reject the possibility that Italiano and someone else both targeted me?

Also, if you did decide that a non-Italiano Friendly Neighbour had targeted me, why push me to confirm that in thread? If they die N3 the information doesn't matter, and if they don't die N3 they'll be able to confirm themself to someone else. (Besides, they presumably confirmed themself to someone N1.)
Because my working theory means the other FN can’t do what you propose.

@Walter where did Italiano announce he full claimed?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1710 (isolation #140) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1696, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:
In post 1695, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1692, callforjudgement wrote:Why would that prompt you to ask the questions you did, though? Tracking a player lets you see their target, but it doesn't tell you about other players with the same target; what made you reject the possibility that Italiano and someone else both targeted me?

Also, if you did decide that a non-Italiano Friendly Neighbour had targeted me, why push me to confirm that in thread? If they die N3 the information doesn't matter, and if they don't die N3 they'll be able to confirm themself to someone else. (Besides, they presumably confirmed themself to someone N1.)
Because my working theory means the other FN can’t do what you propose.

@Walter where did Italiano announce he full claimed?
Not answering this.
Will answer why you are scum in morning.
Now this is interesting.

I THOUGHT Italiano was odd night FN and Walter, my n2 track target, was even night FN. I get the feeling that isnt correct based off this response, in which case I think Walter’s chance to be scum rises a fair amount.

FYI tracked RCE N1, my thought process has been checking people somewhat visible but without claimed active powers (RCE posted the fake day vig which put him on my radar, and Walter was the neighbor of a PR so I thought maybe he might either be PR or have an action).
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1714 (isolation #141) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

playing Among Us might be messing with my head, but I also recall seeing a similar thought process in another game that I was trying to emulate
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1717 (isolation #142) » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

so you're explicitly confimring my theory is wrong, and you and walter arent' odd and even night FNs?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1733 (isolation #143) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1719, callforjudgement wrote:Why would a townie even need to know Italiano's schedule? Either he's confirmed or he isn't (in this case, he's confirmed). So at this point, any further Friendly Neighbour actions he has are effectively Fruit Vendor actions (i.e. they're visible to the recipient but no additional information is gained); and seeing as he's confirmed, he can use them as he likes.

Knowing Italiano's schedule would only be useful to eliminate possibilities in which Italiano were scum, but those possibilities have been eliminated anyway.
I was mostly trying to get a sense of whether my thoughts were on track without asking the person I felt would have had the least motive to tell the truth (Walter, if he was scum).
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1734 (isolation #144) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1723, Looker wrote:So Italiano sent a Friendly Neighbor message to Nosferatu (who confirmed) on N1, and then you tracked WaltertheDunce to Italiano on N2? Then, instead of claiming, Walter voted you? Is this correct?
I tracked Walter to cfj
what are you getting at here?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1747 (isolation #145) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1738, ItalianoVD wrote:@Gamma: I know you’ve asked me a few questions and I’ll feel better about answering them if you can answer these for me. And these are not traps or assumptive at all.

- You mentioned that you were checking people somewhat visible but without claimed active powers. Did Not_Mafia who also faked a pr ping you at all. And on Day 2, Taylor was hinting at a pr along with RCEnigma’s second claim. Walter never hinted at anything. I know it’s probably WIFOM, I’m just trying to understand the thought process here.

- Do you feel the suspicion on you has been scum driven? Meaning, you have been getting scumread for a good part of the game and I would have to look back to see where it started, but do you feel your suspicion/scumreads are legitimate/fair or illegitimate/unfair?
NM's claim was prompted by Nosferatu's post asking for it, so it was less worth my time. I chose Walter n2 because I thought the second neighbor might have a PR or be scum, my expectation was initially actual that no action should be more indicative of scum because of that original supposition. I understand my second action is a little weird, but I already mentioned Among Us affecting my thought process and I think that's where the chief impact is. In that game I tend to like to follow up on leads that are already existent.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1748 (isolation #146) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I entirely ignored the second question oops
I haven't paid attention to who has been pushing me, I recall frogster doing so d1/d2, as well as RCE during d1 at least, beyond that I don't really have a good head on that, and I have an even worse concept of whose pushes on me look good or bad
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1749 (isolation #147) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also wrt the dual role conclusion, I just think it would be weird for there to be 2 FNs, one inside the hood and one outside, as well as Walter being PR
so like if things are as they seem based on what's been posted so far, I'm inclined to SR Walter given it's extremely weird for the setup to be

neighbor PR
neighbor FN
non neighbor FN
PT cop
tracker
5 other town

vs goon and 2 undetermined scum

The only way that checks out imo is, tbqh, a 4 scum setup, in which case I'm gonna take a hard look at who first proposed that because it likely was some massive TMI
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1751 (isolation #148) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

A good while (I assume you mean mafia in general)
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1754 (isolation #149) » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I recall SRing Walter d1 but d2 he wasn't really a focal point for me at all
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1811 (isolation #150) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1790, Titus wrote:
In post 1440, GeorgeBailey wrote:
Votecount 2.11

RCEnigma(4)
~ (63), (39), (88), (51)

Raya36(4)
~ (52), (28), (34), (23)
Looker(1)
~ (45)
Frogsterking(1)
~ (71)
callforjudgement(1)
~ (72)

Not Voting (0):

With 11 alive it takes 6 to eliminate.

Day 2 deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-22 17:44:55)
Knowing these are two town wagons, scum shouldn't have a preference unless Raya's reads were better than RC's. I'd expect at least 1 scum off the wagons. Since I already TR Italiano and Frogsterking, I would suspect gamma scum.

Right now, Walter, geratim, and Gamma is my throry.
So you think I'm scum via PoE? In addition I actually expressed a preference regarding wagons both days, I don't think I really said anything regarding those specific two you're talking about but I did have stances out.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1814 (isolation #151) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I've already claimed tracker, maybe trying reading the actual game instead of hopping immediately to VCA? I know you did this same thing of in Arbiter's Takeover so this doesn't look good on you.
I'm scumleaning walter, not sure on geraint, cfj I am thinking is scum rn
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1816 (isolation #152) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Walter is scum via setup spec, call is scum because I don't like how he's reacted to my questioning. Geraint I mostly have lost my handle on, I had a read on him earlier but don't feel as strongly about it now and have lost focus on that reasoning

And that doesn't change the fact this is the exact play you had in AT, and RCE wasn't exactly a towny slot to start with. You should be able to read at least a few things, rather than just being a total stick in the mud and forcing everyone else to walk you through the game. There's inherent scum advantage to that as well, as it let's you figure out the gamestate without having to put your mindset out there while doing so. In fact:
VOTE: Titus
This doesn't move until there's a good reason to vote someone else or you read at least enough of today to figure out what's going on.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1824 (isolation #153) » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

There will be words when the game ends.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2096 (isolation #154) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I really don’t know what I was doing either, guess I can’t pitch a winner every game. Would rather have a volatile amount of skill than a consistent one tbh.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2098 (isolation #155) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

And yeah idk what the setup reviewers were smoking
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2139 (isolation #156) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

lmao
Btw shorter deadline are actually generally more pro town
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2148 (isolation #157) » Mon May 31, 2021 7:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

this has happened before lol
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”