False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1408 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1407, Mizzytastic wrote:There was definitely some discussion of the design, I'd be curious to hear your take on it :)
By and large, I was mostly okay with things--mostly.

I, personally, absolutely
hate
SST neighborhoods (barring multiball with two different scum factions), because I feel that they are disproportionately likely to influence the game in an unnatural way where at least one if not both of the scum within are likely to be townread. SST neighborhoods are not hard to pocket the townie within and manipulate them, and even if not, it's still likely that if one scum neighbor flips, the other will be instantly townread.

I feel like they carry far more weight than people give them credit for--after all, there's a good reason that Scum Neighborizer outside of multiball has one of the highest winrates out of any scum role (admittedly, small sample size), and a SST neighborhood functions similarly to one.

But I was the secondary reviewer to nsg, and while I expressed my belief that SST as a neighborhood is a huge scum asset, I let her make the call on it and she allowed it (her design philosophy and why she believes SST is okay is rather extensively outlined in MD), but other than the SST neighborhood, I feel the setup is fine.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1409 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by mastina »

(Basically, I personally feel that SST is an unreasonable expectation, but nsg has a different belief than me.)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”