Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Battousai »

Hey guys. I'm just about to start the read, but I would like an updated list on the top 3 suspects from everybody if you guys don't mind. It helps me when I replace in on D1's.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Battousai »

Just got done reading the thread. I think a DWS lynch would be best right now. Not only is there a good chance he's scum, but I think we could get some information to go off of D2 concerning everyone who jumped on his early bandwagon, and the poeple who have been pointed out for weakly defending him (I believe Litral).

L-1
Vote:DWS

I would still like a top 3 from everybody else. Mine is

DWS, Geraintm, and StrangeCoug in no particular order.

In case your wondering why

DWS: The whole Wumbo L-1 vote and the posts surrounding it is the major factor here

Geraintm: Misinterpreting posts, stripping of someone's reason to vote DWS into something more insidious (I don't know what that word means exactly, but it sounds like it fits here) is the major factor

StrangerCoug: Whenever someone says Claim or Die, I always find them very suspicious, even if they are a claimed powerrole.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Battousai »

How 'bout you DWS? Even if you are lynched, regardless of alignment, it would help the town if you gave a top 3.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Battousai »

Ok, this is everyone's list of suspects at the end of D1 nearing deadline (names in italics are who they are voting for)

Cass
-
DWS
, Maxwell, Stranger, Litral, geraintm
Wumbo
- Cass, DWS, Inspector Godot
imaginality
-
DWS
, Litral, Geraintm
Inspector Godot
-
DWS
, Wumbo, Cass
chenhsi
- chose not to disclose
Dark wingstalker
- nhat, Inspector Godot, Cass
nhat
-
DWS
, Geraintm, StrangerCoug
maxwellhouse
- n/a
StrangerCoug
-
DWS
, Litral, Cass
Battousai
-
DWS
, Geraintm, StrangerCoug
geraintm
- n/a
Litral
-
Inspector Godot
, Cass, Maxwellhouse

So far, everyone who suspects DWS the most is voting for him, where as everyone else has chosen not to vote their lead suspect besides Litral. Interesting.... Don't you think it be wise to place a vote since deadline is nearing?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Battousai »

I'm hesitant to lynch chenshi. There could actually be 2 cops in the game of different sanities. Why didn't maxwellhouse claim sooner, heck why did maxwellhouse counterclaim at all d1? It's bad play, imo, for the cop to counterclaim D1 because it's a trade cop for scum. The cop could always counterclaim later, AFTER using their ability at least once. Heck if they get NK'd then the lieing cop would be lynched that day. My vote stands for now, as I would like both of the claimed cops to get an investigation in, and then tell us.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by Battousai »

We don't need to lynch maxwellhouse today. If he's scum he can't do us much harm, and if he's town the longer he's alive the more info we will get. Max, tonight investigate yourself if it's possible (ask mod via pm now and tell us if you can).

Until we know max's sanity, we should also keep DWS alive in case max is paranoid. That's my two cents on max and DWS.

Now yesterday Litral wanted to lynch Inspector Godot. Do you still feel he might be scum and why?

FOS: nhat
for automatically assuming max falseclaimed yesterday because chensi turned up town

FoS: Inspector Godot
for lining up lynches. While both DWS and Maxwellhouse are suspect, it doesn't mean they are going to be lynched. Especially since you even concede that one of the lynchees has a 2/3 chance of being town.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:06 pm

Post by Battousai »

also note, we do not know the sanity of chensi. Chensi could have been paranoid. Also note, if Max turns up as cop, then we still won't know Dws's alignment. So I urge you guys to not lynch either max or DWS today and wait for the information we can obtain tomorrow. We still have time to lynch either of the two LATER. We still have plenty of information from yesterday to make an informed lynch.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by Battousai »

It's quite obvious what has changed. Deadline and a supposed investigation.

Let's say DWS turns up scum, that means we max either bussed his partner, who yesterday was the supposed lynch target until Max counterclaimed and likely to get lynched today. Or Max is a normal sanity cop.

If DWS turns up town, that means either max is scum and lied yesterday or max is a paranoid cop.

If Max turns up town cop, DWS could be town due to Max's paranoid sanity or scum due to max's normal sanity.

If Max turns up scum, then DWS could be town as Max picked an easy lynched target and was using an unsure sanity to defend himself upon DWS's lynch or DWS could be scum and max is trying to defend his partner by making him appear more townish or could be scum in another mafia faction

You see, without further information we can not learn the other's alignment upon one's lynch. There's a chance we could mislynch two more times because of lynching them right away.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Battousai »

Max: did the mod tell you that you were allowed to investigate yourself?

The info we can gain tomorrow by NOT lynching either of the two is that max can investigate himself. If he get's guilty then DWS has to be innocent, and max is insane or paranoid. If he get's innocent then DWS is scum and Max is a sane cop.
Then if max is scum and has lied about his investigation, since we will know his sanity, we will know max is scum.

That right there should limit the number of mislynches to 1.

Regarding Imaginality, more than likely a case of lynch a random player. It was only night 1 and chances of one person to garner enough support for a lynch (especially with max and DWS still alive) of them is low, thus I doubt it was a NK to defend themselves.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Battousai »

What are you talking about? Investigating yourself is only a wasted night IF we lynch DWS today. If we lynch someone else and tomorrow you tell us your result.

If you get guilty, your insane. If you get innocent, we lynch DWS and that will prove your alignment. So if we lynch DWS today it will prove your sanity, but not your alignment. If we wait until tomorrow, then that will prove your alignment and sanity.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Battousai »

If DWS gets guilty, then he's paranoid or scum. Either way DWS would be town (unless Max is bussing his partner). Then the next night we get another result and another result and another result until he says innocent. Then that will prove his alignment as scum or cop. Plus we will have x amount of results if he is the cop. If he doesn't get an innocent result in before lylo, we will eventually have to lynch him.

If we lynch DWS, there is a 66% of it being a mislynch (max could be sane cop, paranoid, or scum). I think we should at least pressure other players or this day will be wasted on whether or not max is a cop or not. Pressure has not been put on the people from D1, others thought were a little scummy. Remember your lists???

Vote: Inspector Godot
. You seem to be banking on max being cop. Is it because your scum and know he's not or are you trying to protect your partner?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Battousai »

UNVOTE, VOTE: DWS
, sry, but max has decided to not investigate himself.

The 66% is a statistic based on fact, since you obviously can't put in an accurate statistic that includes scummy play and likelyhood.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Battousai »

Hypatia wrote:I really apologize people, I spilled one too many cups of tea on my laptop and the keyboard fried, but I'm going to get a keyboard converter.
Found this in his other games. I'm going to see if he had a backup mod or not to temporary take over.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Battousai »

And you reveal this, now?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:33 am

Post by Battousai »

So either nhat or godot is scum it appears. I've been suspicious of nhat since d2. Like cass, nhat voted max instead of DWS. It was bad play mainly, why vote to lynch the unconfirmed cop when you could wait and see if he's telling the truth first (by lynching his target or my method). Then it turned into scummy when it was revealed that DWS was the mafia godfather. I see it as him trying to not to get DWS lynched. I will have to read D1 closer and see who did what on the original DWS wagon.

Nhat: I get that now, I was thinking you would have had the result yesterday.

Geraintm: There are a few reasons why godot hasn't revealed who he investigated, but I want to hear it from him.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Battousai »

This is what I got from the DWS wagon and posts after D1:

nhat placed first vote on DWS- l-1 vote

Wumbo placed second right after- l-1 vote, bad reason

Godot defended DWS's l-1 vote as getting wumbo to talk, but thinks wumbo is protown

strangercoug votes DWS (third vote)- contradiction in reasoning of vote

DWS trys to switch pressure onto Litral for l-1 wumbo (was wrong, wasn't l-1)

geraintm states he thinks DWS is an enthusastic newbie

Godot comes back, says DWS, chenshi and wumbo are a bit suspicious

DWS harps on nhat in one of his defenses

Godot comments on DWS's mafia never hammer comment- "Using such an obvious WIFOM seems very suspicious. Surely if you were to use it you could try and disguise it?"

godot says chenshi is only suspicious through gut feeling

StrangerCoug unvotes DWS, votes nhat based on DWS's case against him

wumbo unvotes DWS to allevate pressure because of his recent posts

litral, post 203 basically states DWS's anti-town statements are unintentional

chenshi acts scummy (so most people switching over to putting pressure on chenshi is justified)

cass replaces in, says DWS actions aren't something scum would do, "unless he was trying to quicklynch wumbo"

godot votes chenshi- "After doing some research on Chenhsi in other threads, I'm actually going to vote for him. I'd rather take a chance and lynch a townie that contributes nothing then sit around waiting for the deadline to come."

I left off things concerning dead townies. I think I got everything that was pertinent to the wagon and DWS. From this, nhat looks more protown than godot.

Therefore
vote: godot
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:22 am

Post by Battousai »

Cass wrote:If there are two town cops, how is it scummy to doubt the second one? There was no way a townie could have known it was true. Seems more scummy to me to
not
doubt the claim.
I said it was bad play that turned into scummy once DWS flipped, BECAUSE both you and godot VOTED. Everyone should have had doubts to the legitimacy of max's claim (except scum), but voting him even though his alignment COULD BE PROVEN was just wrong.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (isolation #17) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:58 am

Post by Battousai »

Godot, why would you want to figure out if someone was a town powerrole? Why not investigate DWS, or Wumbo that day? Both of those people were wagoned against D1.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:10 am

Post by Battousai »

One of the main reasons I do not believe your claim, godot, is from D1. It seems to me nhat wanted DWS lynched, whereas you didn't really seemed to defend him a bit. Also, I found it a little suspicious that you wanted to lynch chenshi with the reasoning that was basically "I would rather lynch an inactive townie than wait for deadline."
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #19) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Battousai »

Vote: StrangerCoug

Reason being, I'm either a Naive cop OR StrangeCoug and/or Wumbo are scum (I'm leaning towards SC based on D1). I investigated Geraintm N1, Cass N2, and Litral N3. I'm not insane as I doubt all three of those people are scum.

Reason for claiming: StrangeCoug roleclaimed and is scum or I'm naive. If I died, tonight no one would know my results. Also only 2 people left ALIVE I have no results on so I didn't want to gamble and die. If I'm naive, then scum will not kill me because they are afraid of my results. So I see no HARM it could do for me to claim.

Reason investigating:

Geraintm: "Hacked" a post, didn't get too much read off him D1
Cass: Was one of two people who wanted Max dead over DWS
Litral: Didn't have too much of a read one way or the other
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #20) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by Battousai »

I'm more confident in my vote, by rethinking what StrangerCoug has claimed. SC said he tracked Max. Why would you do that? If Max was scum, then SC would have gotten the result that Max left his house. If Max was cop, the
only other option
Max could be, then SC would have gotten the result that Max left his house. Why would you track someone you KNEW was going to leave their house? I find it a bit suspicious that he tracked a claimed cop, and just happened to be roleblocked when tracking someone who had not claimed (if Litral was cop/doc, then SC would have been outted).

I think scum just messed up.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Battousai »

Dang, I thought I caught him in a lie. I always thought trackers only knew if who they targetted had a night action.

If you want a defense about my role, you can look at my posts. When there were two claimed cops D1, I never ruled out there being 2 cops in the game (because I knew at least one of them had to be telling the truth). I wanted Max to tell us if he was allowed to investigate himself, because I asked the mod that myself (if he lied I would have had him in a lie).
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Battousai »

I think we are just waiting on geraintm to claim. Let's just go along and act like he claimed vanilla townie until he posts.

SC: Your voting me because you don't think there are 3 cops in the game. Please tell me why couldn't there be 3 cops, Nhat's role, and according to you, a tracker in the game? Why did vote yourself and not keep your vote on me? I know your original reason was because you think I counterclaimed you, but you had reread my role and decided to vote yourself. Why not just change your reason to doubting the legitimacy of there being 3 cops?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (isolation #23) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Battousai »

I'm going to make a double post. First post in response to a lynch, second for questions directed at me.

Why are you guys so eager to vote Wumbo? Is it because Godot claimed to have investigated him? Don't you think it's possible he investigated the most scummy TOWNIE to garner Wumbo's support and to add credulence to his claim since he also claimed to have investigated imaginality? Also did you forget DWS on D1? DWS tried to get Wumbo lynched and the way he did it makes me believe DWS wasn't bussing.

Now I'm willing to concede SC could be innocent (I haven't investigated him, so it's not fact), but I think we should lynch him based on the fact that if he is scum, we could be screwed in the end. We have 6 players left. If we lynch (starting at bottom of player list) Litral, I could be killed this night. That leaves 4 players alive tomorrow (3 townie, 1 scum) If SC is scum, all he has to do is claim to have tracked geraintm to my house, making him the last scum. So your only choice in lylo would be to listen to SC's claim or lynch SC.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Battousai »

Geraintm

what did you mean by "If I'm naive, then scum will not kill me because they are afraid of my results"?
If I'm naive, the scum would not be afraid of my results, thus lynching me would be like lynching a vanilla townie to them. (This was before mass claim, thus power roles could have been hidden still)
which post did i edit though bat??
This goes back to D1, I believe I read it during my initial read through.

Original Post:
nhat wrote:
unvote

vote - dark wingstalker

Certainly Wumbo's inaction after his serious business comment rubbed me the wrong way, and the bandwagon developed from there, but wingstalker, was it really called for to put him at L-1? I played in a game where a townie hammered himself just because, and that was wack. Why risk it? And the "I'm gonna give you 12 hours to respond" ultimatum is lousy for an L-1 vote. In my experience, people who do this can just say that the response was insufficient, knowing good and well that they've decided beforehand to vote for the person. We wanted pressure, you wanted to make an easy lynch.
Your Post:
geraintm wrote:
nhat wrote:
Wumbo wrote:Indeed I do.

unvote: Tom
btw. Lulz phase over, serious business now.
You said this and did nothing in terms of serious business. I'm okay hopping on this wagon.

unvote

vote - wumbo
nhat wrote:
unvote

vote - dark wingstalker
We wanted pressure, you wanted to make an easy lynch.
yeah, you had great reasons...well, i dont think they were that great, more oppotunistic
Brought up here:
nhat wrote:^^^^^^Except you just cut out like 7/8ths of my explanation for dark wingstalker's vote. What's up with that?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (isolation #25) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Battousai »

If I'm a sane cop, then either SC or Wumbo is scum
If I'm naive cop, then ANYONE could be scum
If I'm scum, then NO ONE is scum (assuming 1 scum left)

So, if you think I'm a sane cop you would want to lynch SC or Wumbo. If you think I'm naive then you would want to lynch anyone. If we go with the latter, then you don't take into affect lynching one of the two people I did not investigate and instead go by game play. Right now if I go by naive cop, then I would vote for anyone besides Wumbo as I think he is town. I think DWS would have bussed him way too hard for that. Since there is a consensus both of us power roles should go into tonight I will unvote and vote the person I find scummiest.

Unvote, Vote: Cass
. There is a reason I investigated you. You really seemed to want to lynch Max D2 over DWS.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #26) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Battousai »

Cass: Regardless of my role I would have voted DWS over Max. Who should you lynch, a claimed cop or his guility result on D2? The result, if he turned up innocent I would have lynched Max the next day if he was alive. I honestly don't think there is a good reason to lynch a claimed cop when you can confirm his role without taking the chance of mislynching a cop.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (isolation #27) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:07 am

Post by Battousai »

Cass: It's not hesitation. I honestly think Wumbo is not scum and I will not vote him today. I would prefer a no lynch to a Wumbo lynch, as that would decrease our chances of a lylo with a "Lynch the claimed powerrole or lynch the guilty result" scenerio.

All who's voting Wumbo: Please tell me your case against Wumbo. The only thing I have read is that he wasn't very active. So I'm going to do a post count of all players.

Kenfucius/Battousai: 37 (9.25)
Cass/Tom: 73 (18.25)
chenhsi lynched D1: 19 (19)
DWS lynched D2: 58 (29)
Geraintm: 52 (13)
Imaginality NK N1: 31 (31)
Inspector Godot lynched D3: 39 (13)
Litral: 54 (13.5)
Maxwellhouse NK N2: 23 (11.5)
Nhat NK N3: 40 (13.3....)
StrangerCoug: 97 (24.25)
Wumbo: 37 (9.25)

Numbers in () are daily posting average

If your voting wumbo for that, then why don't you find me suspicious? Is 4 more posts a day not suspicious, if it is why is no one pursuing Geraintm?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (isolation #28) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Battousai »

Except for the fact I believe Wumbo to be vanilla townie.

SC: Basically your confusing anti-town with scum tells. Also, show me his posts where it seems he doesn't know what's going on. Also, why should he believe Cass is town over scum?

I know I'm really sticking my neck out here, but I'm 98% sure Wumbo is not scum. If SC is not scum then I know I'm naive.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Battousai »

There's a big difference. Scummy is a move that is beneficial for scum, whereas anti-town is a move that hurts the town. but at the same time does not benefit scum if a scum member does it.

For one, you said claiming vanilla townie at L-5 was scummy (one of your reasons for voting). If Wumbo is a vanilla townie, then it hurt the town. If he's scum then it did nothing. Therefore it didn't help scum so was just anti-town.

Your second reasoning was that Wumbo does not seem to know what is going on. If he is protown, then that hurts the town. If he's scum, then that doesn't benefit scum. Therefore anti-town and not scummy.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (isolation #30) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:05 am

Post by Battousai »

In some instances, you do have to wait until end game, but the reasons SC came up you can tell are anti-town without waiting till end game. Just ask yourself, "If the player is scum, how is that action beneficial?"

Daily posting is each GAME DAY.

What I'm saying is, either the claimed role is lieing and is scum (SC), or I'm a sane cop.
Cass wrote: I have to say it is somewhat scummy that Batt seems completely unwilling to leave any room for the (slight though it is) chance that he is a sane cop
Really?
Battousai post 19 wrote: Reason being, I'm either a Naive cop OR StrangeCoug and/or Wumbo are scum (I'm leaning towards SC based on D1)
Battousai post 23 wrote: Now I'm willing to concede SC could be innocent (I haven't investigated him, so it's not fact)
Battousai post 25 wrote: If I'm a sane cop, then either SC or Wumbo is scum
If I'm naive cop, then ANYONE could be scum
If I'm scum, then NO ONE is scum (assuming 1 scum left)
I had my vote on SC all day up to my post 25. Please show me how that is me leaving out the fact that I could be sane?

The reason I believe Wumbo to be innocent is from D1. I don't read that as DWS bussing his partner (he even voted Wumbo without knowing the vote count).
(I'll explain the logic of that if you really want me to, but it will be helping scum.)
It's common sense. If scum say they are a sane cop and receives a guilty and the town lynch them the result has to be correct or they are outted as scum.
Geraintm wrote: are you later claiming in post 596 that you think one of the peopel you have already investigated is scum, or are you saying you think it is cougar?
post 596 is me trying to tell SC that his points against Wumbo are anti-town, which they are. I feel that either Cougar is scum or someone I investigated is scum.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (isolation #31) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:58 am

Post by Battousai »

The case against SC has already been made and he defended himself already. But if you want me to rehash it, I will.

1) The first post by a living player today was SC claiming. The reason he claimed was because nhat told everyone to basically keep an eye on SC. By SC's points against Wumbo, SC is even guiltier because she claimed without even being voted for. Also, why would you be so worried other players would look into your posts? No one would lynch you just because Nhat said you were suspicious for not wanting anything to do with lynching Godot or DWS.

2) Litral made a good point that if SC was roleblocked N2, as he claims, why wasn't he roleblocked the next night. N2, scum successfully killed a claimed powerrole. They would roleblock SC again, or kill SC, to make sure their kill would be successfull. SC originally claimed that the roleblocker has to be protown and mistakenly roleblocked him. We know now, that's not the case.

3) SC unvotes me, to vote himself for misreading my claim. Says he's royally screwed over, and voted Wumbo to get him to talk. Claims I'm lieing then votes me. Then switches back to Wumbo as more people voiced their opinions.

He's royally screwed over? I think only if you were scum you would be royally screwed over. If he thought I was lieing, he'd still should have kept his vote on me after the counterclaim mishap, but instead panicks and votes himself.

4) Litral finds a past post of SC concerning Max, which SC hasn't responded to yet.
StranderCoug wrote: maxwellhouse, I have a question: If you investigated Dark wingstalker and he came back as guilty, then why are you worrying about sanity rather than voting him?

FoS: maxwellhouse
Why would you FOS someone that you knew was protown?

Those are the main points that have been brought up today.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #32) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Battousai »

1) The point was that you didn't need to take precautions

2) That's not the point. Scum probably would think that you were the doc, since they were able to kill a power role with you roleblocked.

3) How does that explain the reason you voted yourself, instead of keeping the vote on me?

4) How does a cop over worrying about sanity = suspicious?

The only reason I'm NOT voting you anymore is because it seems the general opinion is not to lynch either of the claimed power roles. If more people would be willing to vote either of us, I'd switch my vote back.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (isolation #33) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Battousai »

Living players
Cass
Wumbo
StrangerCoug
Battousai
geraintm
Litral

A no lynch would result in one person being killed in this phase (either myself or SC). That leaves 5 alive going into the next phase. Lets say I died. If SC is scum, she can claim Cass targetted me last night. You lynch Cass and she SC lied. The next day Litral is dead. The remaining players are Geraintm, SC, and Wumbo. If there are two scum left then it's game over. If it's there's one then it's a town win.

.... If SC is scum and claimed that Wumbo did not leave his house. Who would we lynch? The claimed tracker (who is alive because scum can only kill one of us power roles), Geraintm, or Litral. Let's say Geraintm gets lynched. The next night wumbo dies and its SC and litral left. Scum win

.... If SC is not scum and claims Wumbo did not leave the house. That leaves SC, Geraintm, or Litral as scum. It's Lylo, because if you lynch incorrectly scum win, if you vote no lynch, the next day is lylo.

.... Best case scenerio, SC is town and gets a guilty result.

If we lynch today:

Wumbo is lynched and I'm NK'd. The next day the remaining players would be Cass, Litral, Geraintm, and SC. It's lylo if you lynch that day or lylo the next day if you vote no lynch. If SC-scum says she got a guilty in either of those days you have to lynch the claimed tracker or her guilty result. 50/50 chance of a town win statistically.

It seems to me a no lynch is the best option right now

UNVOTE, Vote: No Lynch
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #34) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Battousai »

SC: Why are you getting all antsy about my terminology? You know what I meant by Wumbo did not leave his house. That is implying you track wumbo and wumbo did not leave his home.

Also, for the record, I'm pretty sure a roleblocker never has to forfeit his/her ability to kill if they are the last mafia member alive. I have never seen a game like that as it hampers the mafia. In this game, the town is kind of powerful so I really don't see that as happening at all.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (isolation #35) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by Battousai »

Im in two games now with inactive mods, *sigh*
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (isolation #36) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Battousai »

EBWOP: Imma try and find a temp mod for this game as well. Since there was already a mass claim, and assuming only the scum lied, we could go into night pretty easily.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #37) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by Battousai »

I GOT A GUILTY ON STRANGERCOUG!!!!!

Nah, not really, got innocent so I guess I'm naive. Now I really gotta go back and read the thread.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (isolation #38) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Battousai »

I haven't had time to reread some people yet (other games and college taking priority right now). I will post my opinions on everybody sometime later today (game day)
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (isolation #39) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:53 am

Post by Battousai »

'bout to start a reread, but in answer to Geraintm's proposal, I think we would gain more info from a SC lynch than my own (since I'm naive, I'm basically a vanilla townie). If SC is telling the truth, then we know for a fact there is a mafia roleblocker. We can then go back to the days SC said he was blocked and see who would target SC, if it wasn't random.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #40) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Battousai »

Geraintm, the info from knowing there was a roleblocker means we can look in past pages and see who would roleblock SC if it wasn't random.

I don't know why Geraintm does, but I'm pretty sure that Wumbo isn't. The only case against him is lurking. Whereas there are other things by DWS that points to him being town.

Cass:

Post 1: Defends DWS, but with a line that could be used later to credit a bus if needed

Post 4: Tells Chenshi to fake claim. If Chenshi had fake claimed, the town probably wouldn't have taken it seriously, resulting in his lynch.

Post 7: Says Wumbo is town. What made you change your mind from thinking he might be scum from post 1 to post 7? What made you change your mind from post 7 to yesterday and today?

That's my reread of Cass so far, more to come. I just had to post his next little info before I forget it.

Roles in the game (confirmed)
2 cops, forensic investigator, 2 vanilla townies vs mafia godfather, mafia goon

Roles in the game (unconfirmed)
Battousai: Cop
StrangerCoug: Tracker
Wumbo: Vanilla townie
Cass: Vanilla townie
Geraintm: Vanilla townie

Now here are all the possible setups for the game

If Battousai is lieing: 2 cops of different sanities (one insane), forensic investigator, tracker, 5 vanilla townies vs mafia godfather, mafia goon, mafia roleblocker

If SC is lieing: 3 cops of different sanitities, forensic investigator, 5 vanilla townies vs mafia godfather, (mafia goon, mafia roleblocker) OR 2 mafia goons

If anyone else is lieing: 3 cops of different sanitites, forensic investigator, tracker, 4 vanilla townies vs mafia godfather, mafia goon, mafia roleblocker

The forensic investigator is a very powerful role, so I think either the mafia really has to be beefed up or the town weakened, so I really think the third setup is least likely. That leaves myself or SC as scum. I think if I'm lieing the town is still too powerful for the mafia. Two differing cops can work out their sanities and can be proven with a tracker role. Plus the tracker has nothing to make it weaker (if someone goes to someone else's house and that house owner dies, there's scum unless two people went then one of them is scum the other a cop). If SC is lieing, I see it to be the most balanced. The three differing sanities really confuse and discredit all cop claims a bit (3 is rare occurance in a mini), which hamper the town while the forensic investigator always gets guilties, thus bringing it back up to make the game more balanced.

That's my take on it all for right now. Gotta get back to homework.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (isolation #41) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:23 am

Post by Battousai »

I was in the middle of a cass reread when I posted that, so I don't know who I want to be lynched. It's between Cass and SC if I narrow it down right now. I have an exam coming up and that is why I haven't been posting as much, but I have been taking notes of cass while studying and the rest of my reread of cass should be up by either tonight or tomorrow.

The reason I want an SC lynch without officially rereading all the posts, is just for game balance. I highly, highly doubt that there are 3 cops, a tracker, and a forensic investigator vs godfather and roleblocker (minus vanilla townie/goon). I think the town would be way overpowered, even with 3 different sanity cops.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #42) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Battousai »

Cass continued:

post 20: First mentions different sanities, discrediting the ability of the town to keep them alive to test it

post 21: Goes after the claimed cop instead of his result. Already explained how bad a play that was.

post 26: quotes SC and agrees that Max is scummy for worrying about his sanity than voting (Max knew there was another cop, thus Max probably wasn't sure about his sanity because of that)

Since this isn't the hammer vote, I feel confident in voting SC, so
VOTE: SC
. Your claim doesn't add up, as it makes the town way too overpowered. Plus the whole roleblock scenerio where the scum roleblock you but don't the next night even though they successfully kill a powerrole is fishy.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (isolation #43) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Battousai »

Reasons?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #44) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:25 am

Post by Battousai »

geraintm, anything you want to add?

Wumbo, how bout you when you get back?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (isolation #45) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Battousai »

Wumbo, V/LA so you'll have to wait for him to get back. That's what I'm doing and hoping that's what Geraintm is doing as well.

Mod: Can we get a prod on Geraintm please?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (isolation #46) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:20 am

Post by Battousai »

I don't think they could have killed me anyways. If I died last night, then that means I am a threat to SC or Wumbo (haven't investigated so I could be sane). If I already investigated scum, then they know I'm naive, thus no threat. Call it WIFOM all you want, but that's what I get out of it. Until Geraintm posts, I think we should hold off on a hammer vote on anyone. I do not want to go another night without him posting something more of content for analysis.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (isolation #47) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Battousai »

SC's claim aside, what makes you think that I am telling the truth? I am just to be clear, but I want to know what I have done that would make you think that I told the truth.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #48) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Battousai »

vote:No Lynch
, there's only 1 scum left or else it would have been game over. So letting them kill one more will help us narrow down the field. Also, if we go this route, I suggest not speculating about who is the remaining scum. As that will help the last scum decide who to kill by guessing who would vote for who.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (isolation #49) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Battousai »

Oh, I love WIFOM. I stated earlier that I really don't think Wumbo is scum. But the remaining scum left me alive, why I ask myself? Is it because Wumbo is scum and wants me to vote to lynch Geraintm? Or does Geraintm think that I would think that and actually vote Wumbo. Or may Wumbo......

Or Cass is dead just because she was almost a confirmed townie, the way SC was trying to get Cass lynched would have been bad scum play.

To get the day started, lets get a preliminary count of how everybody stands right now, prereread (can a word have two prefixes like that?).

For me its geraintm > wumbo as scum
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (isolation #50) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Battousai »

The day I claimed, I said I thought Wumbo was innocent.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (isolation #51) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:13 am

Post by Battousai »

It stems back to D1 where I DWS kept trying to get wumbo lynched over himself. I do not believe that was a case of bussing, as it almost got Wumbo lynched (and DWS lynched the next day).

I'm not sold on anyone's guilt yet. I still have to reread most of the thread
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (isolation #52) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Battousai »

I'm going to vote geraintm monday (giving him some time to defend himself if he wishes). After reading the thread, I really don't see Wumbo as scum. Sure he claimed early and lurked a bit, but I don't find lurking too scummy and the early claim doesn't tip the scales towards him being scum.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (isolation #53) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Battousai »

time to hammer mwuahhahah go scum!!!!!

nah jk

Geraintm: I'll go back and look at your posts again, but from memory the scummiest thing you have done that stands out to me is D1 where you make someone's reason for voting DWS seem suspicious by cutting out the paragraph where he states his case against him and leave only the ending sentence.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (isolation #54) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:55 am

Post by Battousai »

Geraintm: Your using the fact that you hammered all three scum so far as a towntell, no? Then why did you, on D1, basically say it was a nulltell? Is it no longer a nulltell now that your on the line?

Upon reading my post 469, I was able to reread my earlier interpretation of the first DWS wagon. From it, for the players left alive:
Wumbo- placed second vote for bad reasoning
Geraintm- calls DWS an enthusiastic newb after DWS hastily called out Litral for an L-1 vote earlier on wumbo (which was wrong
Wumbo- unvotes DWS to allevate pressure because of his recent posts

Also, I hammered DWS, you were the 4th vote. Therefore you only hammered 2 scum.

I hate being the deciding vote at lylo, unless I'm scum of course. I'm not that good of a town player. I want an answer to the above question and a response from both of you before I place the deciding vote (if geraintm decides to revote correctly that is), hopefully later today.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (isolation #55) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Battousai »

Posting from class as well :), could your next post tell me what you think about my last post?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (isolation #56) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Battousai »

I've been trying to figure out why I was kept over Cass. I really wanted it to be me, cass, and whoever. That way I would be confident in lynching the third person, as I felt after yesterday, that she was a townie. Was Cass more of a threat than I was? Was I kept alive because the scum wanted me to lynch Geraintm, or for me to think that.

If I don't vote now, I don't think I ever will lol, so......

the game ends in a ____ victory,
Vote: Geraintm
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (isolation #57) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:03 am

Post by Battousai »

Geraintm: You played a great game. The only reason I was able to lynch you was not YOUR play, but play by your teammates.

Also: I told ya Wumbo wasn't scum :)
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (isolation #58) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:10 am

Post by Battousai »

Elementry, my dear Watson.

SC was trying to get Cass lynched pretty hard yesterday after she gave up a bit on me and you. I think the fact that Cass might have been lynched yesterday if we decided to let the power roles live another night, pushed SC to urge us to lynch Cass over her.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (isolation #59) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Battousai »

How is geraintm a SK, unless scum and sk kill everyother night.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (isolation #60) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Battousai »

town never lynches at night :)

But with the sk killing everyother night, it makes the mafia weaker (chance of being NK'd) and a shorter game (more deaths per night). I believe that would make up for the fact that a second killing party is discovered by the town. With that rule set, I could definately see the SK claiming compulsive vig once two scum were killed and asking for the town's input on who to kill (essentially two lynches/mislynches).

This is why I like to mod my games twice on different sites. The first is the beta in which I find bugs the players find and the second game is much better.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”