Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Wed May 12, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 24, bugspray wrote:whats up who wants to cuddle and eat fruit?
I do like fruit...

VOTE: Dunnstral

(This is only about 87% random)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 48, Anya wrote:VOTE: umlaut

why haven't you claimed town mailman?
I was saving it for a big reveal at lylo.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #2) » Wed May 12, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Anya was town last game so she's probably town now, that's how it works, right?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (isolation #3) » Thu May 13, 2021 1:47 am

Post by Umlaut »

Why do people try to theorize in normals without knowing how normals work.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (isolation #4) » Thu May 13, 2021 6:10 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 98, choof wrote:
In post 96, Umlaut wrote:Why do people try to theorize in normals without knowing how normals work.
would you like to elaborate or do you not care enough to do anything other than post bitter one liners
I'm happy with the bitter one-liners.

(Actually I don't think Anya's setup speculation was serious but anyone discussing ideas like "maybe there's no scum PT" as if they were serious doesn't know how normals work)

I disagree with , btw, Anya's activity and throwing around ridiculous accusations is exactly what I expect from town!Anya in early game (to be fair I have exactly one datum backing this up). And taking seriously is just absurd.
In post 95, InsidiousLemons wrote:for the record, the day modifier is considered normal on MS, provided the role that it ap plies to is also considered normal.
I would be really surprised if this is true. What's your source?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (isolation #5) » Thu May 13, 2021 6:10 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 120, Andante wrote:
In post 96, Umlaut wrote:Why do people try to theorize in normals without knowing how normals work.
To be fair, a handful of us just came from a crazy normal game lol, Anya was 1 of 3 mafia doctors in that game, and the entire ending of that game was full of wild theories, and it was a normal game
I'm sorry I missed this one, I love abnormal normals.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (isolation #6) » Thu May 13, 2021 6:26 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 99, bugspray wrote:i like how choof and lemons are actually trying to advance the collective town info pool despite how unhelpfuil this RVS has been
I was going to ask if this was on the basis of just and since they were the only gamestate-advancing posts I could see by them but looking back on the thread I guess you're right that that still puts them above average.

I actually disagree with Egix in , Lemons' post seems like actually trying to understand and read Anya whereas Choof was just poking at me for something they would have understood already if they read the thread (and did understand a few posts later in )

Anya wagon is bad, I offer an alternative:

VOTE: choof

I really dislike , partially because they should be
voting
Anya if they suspect her and aren't already voting someone better, but mostly because the "reasons" they're giving for a scummo vibe seem less like things that a person would
actually
expect more from scum and more like things a person would
imagine
being legitimate cause for a scumread.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (isolation #7) » Thu May 13, 2021 6:48 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 133, choof wrote:
In post 130, Ivyeo wrote:Enabler (with or without primary role present)
what the fuck lmao
I don't actually see how this is wtf-worthy but then I've been hanging around long enough that maybe it's just Stockholm syndrome

In short, a role is either normal or it isn't, it doesn't depend on what other roles are in the game. So sure, you can have a normal game with two Millers, a Deputy, a Cop Enabler, and no Cop. It would be a terrible game but it would satisfy the strict definition of normal.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (isolation #8) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I dayroleblock bugspray

In post 186, bugspray wrote:VOTE: umlaut/vote] i absolutely don't understand the levels of logic in that argument agasint choof and it seems like there's stairs missihng and your brain leaped the gap without notigcing
It's like a one-sentence argument, what do you not understand?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (isolation #9) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 189, Anya wrote:was looking for those juicy cranberry reactions i think dunnstral's was slightly town
Can you elaborate on this?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (isolation #10) » Thu May 13, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 193, osuka wrote:
In post 122, Umlaut wrote:
In post 98, choof wrote:
would you like to elaborate or do you not care enough to do anything other than post bitter one liners
I'm happy with the bitter one-liners.

(Actually I don't think Anya's setup speculation was serious but anyone discussing ideas like "maybe there's no scum PT" as if they were serious doesn't know how normals work)

I disagree with , btw, Anya's activity and throwing around ridiculous accusations is exactly what I expect from town!Anya in early game (to be fair I have exactly one datum backing this up). And taking seriously is just absurd.
In post 95, InsidiousLemons wrote:for the record, the day modifier is considered normal on MS, provided the role that it ap plies to is also considered normal.
welcome to the townbloc, thanks for using your brain
This is... a really weird reason to townread me

My brain doesn't get smarter when I'm town, I can use it all the time
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (isolation #11) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 127, Umlaut wrote:I really dislike , partially because they should be
voting
Anya if they suspect her and aren't already voting someone better, but mostly because the "reasons" they're giving for a scummo vibe seem less like things that a person would
actually
expect more from scum and more like things a person would
imagine
being legitimate cause for a scumread.
This was the run-on bugspray is talking about. Allow me to explain further:
  • I don't like .
  • Town!Choof should vote Anya if he actually thinks she's scummy. Choof wasn't (at that time) voting Anya. So maybe Choof isn't town!
  • Town!Choof should have a real reason to think Anya is scummy. The reason Choof gave looks like a fake one. So maybe Choof isn't town!
Now it's more than one sentence but maybe you can follow it better!

Pedit: Anya, I meant elaborate on Dunnstral being slightly town.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (isolation #12) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by Umlaut »

That just doesn't seem out of Dunn scum range to me, but I guess I follow the reasoning.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (isolation #13) » Thu May 13, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 209, Umlaut wrote:Town!Choof should vote Anya if
they
actually
think
she's scummy.
EBWOP, oops
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (isolation #14) » Fri May 14, 2021 8:12 am

Post by Umlaut »

Going back to page 9, maybe osuka's isn't exactly solving the game but it seems like a natural reaction to kind of a flippant reply to me by bugspray. Also bugspray, how on earth did you actually have trouble understanding my original statement in and then say "makes sense"? When I vote someone and say in the same post "They are doing this thing I would not expect for town" you really need me to say explicitly that that thing is my reason for scumreading and therefore voting them?

Agreed geraintm effectively saying they aren't going to play on day 1 is bad. It's a bit brazen for scum but not unthinkably so. Also premature VT claims are gross but I need to run the numbers to see if they're actually scum-indicative.

Lemons' is both informative and gamesolvey and makes me like them for town; I'm not feeling the Anya shade and it reads almost like they should be explicitly scumleaning her instead of saying she's still null, but overall I like it.
In post 252, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: Anya
Hahaha so much scum vibes
Not an auspicious intro
In post 270, humaneatingmonkey wrote:that "that "you're not even voting me" shadow casting is premature for me saying one opinion on you" is premature for me saying one opinion on you

you seem eager to blow smoke over me
Come on, this comeback is just lazy, do better.
In post 286, Andante wrote:
In post 269, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 265, Andante wrote:I didn't feel like it was a genuine question. like, the posts look like "busywork" and I literally still stand by it. Ivy hasn't gotten better since I initially called them out, and all yall are just completely ignoring Ivy...
my literal next post was a list of reads, are you jsut going to ignore that?
I. WAS. CATCHING. UP.
Having caught up, does Ivy's next post affect your read at all?
(Never mind, you answer this in )
In post 311, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 304, Andante wrote:The only post I like from Ivy is the reads list, but it's like, I almost just forced Ivy into posting that, idk. Not a huge fan of how Ivy had no comments on the monkey's reads, but was ready to jump at something I said like "next post is my reads" like, feeling like you have tunnel vision for me after calling me town with a wrong read? idk, I could be overthinking now, might lay off the Ivy pressure for a bit to see what happens, that slot just gives me bad vibes lol and at the same time, some slots aren't really saying anything I can recall. I prefer late game. Cause at the start, we can straight up vibe, then content happens, then boom easy to find the final scum... just need to get there lol
I didn't comment on them because I didn't have much to say, i had them as town and their posts just kept being towny, do you want me to say "I Agree" to every post that looks towny?
This is relatable in a way that makes me want to townread it (if only a little); also HEM pointing it out immediately in is a good look because somehow it seems like the sort of thing I would fail to notice as being towny if I were scum (I feel like that is poorly explained on my part but I don't know how to explain it better); conversely, Andante refusing to accept it as towny and even trying to argue it's somehow scummy in is not so great.

Can someone tell me if it's typical for Andante to have nearly twice as many posts as anyone else in the game? In my experience that can be a stronger towntell then most people give it credit for but it depends on the player.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (isolation #15) » Fri May 14, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 252, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VOTE: Anya
Hahaha so much scum vibes
In post 270, humaneatingmonkey wrote:that "that "you're not even voting me" shadow casting is premature for me saying one opinion on you" is premature for me saying one opinion on you

you seem eager to blow smoke over me
In post 286, Andante wrote:
In post 269, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 265, Andante wrote:
In post 201, osuka wrote:
In post 153, Andante wrote:I mean, these are your lines in specific I hate. literally feels like textbook scum, feels very emotionless, trying to be "helpful" I see it all the time. You think lines like this will have people going "oh that's very pro towny" like, it feels like you are trying to coast... and I don't like it

Spoiler:
In post 94, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 93, choof wrote:
In post 90, geraintm wrote:so, 4 pages already that i can safely ignore.
this is what, game 2+2+1+1?

it worked so well in my last game i'm going to do the same this one. i am VT.
i should be probably add a sarcasm tag to that
weird post
Good Post
In post 114, Ivyeo wrote:
@MOD
Is the Highlight just the biggest wagon?
In post 130, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 122, Umlaut wrote:
Modifiers which are explicitly Normal for any alignment include:
Activated, Announcing, Ascetic, Backup (with or without primary role present), Bulletproof, Combined, Complex, Compulsive, Disloyal, Enabler (with or without primary role present), Indecisive, Informed, Lazy, Loud, Loyal, Macho, Multitasking, Neighbor, Ninja, Non-Consecutive Night, Personal, Roaming, Simple, Weak, X-Shot, any modifier restricting to a specific set of nights (e.g. Even/Odd Night, Night Specific, Novice)
Day is not listed, so it's not inheriently normal
In post 139, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 136, Umlaut wrote:
In post 133, choof wrote:
In post 130, Ivyeo wrote:Enabler (with or without primary role present)
what the fuck lmao
I don't actually see how this is wtf-worthy but then I've been hanging around long enough that maybe it's just Stockholm syndrome

In short, a role is either normal or it isn't, it doesn't depend on what other roles are in the game. So sure, you can have a normal game with two Millers, a Deputy, a Cop Enabler, and no Cop. It would be a terrible game but it would satisfy the strict definition of normal.
This is making me Giggle, idk why
ahahahahahahahah what the fuck

you're ACTUALLY saying a post asking the mod a question is a scumtell? this is hilarious
I didn't feel like it was a genuine question. like, the posts look like "busywork" and I literally still stand by it. Ivy hasn't gotten better since I initially called them out, and all yall are just completely ignoring Ivy...
my literal next post was a list of reads, are you jsut going to ignore that?
I. WAS. CATCHING. UP.
In post 311, Ivyeo wrote:
In post 304, Andante wrote:The only post I like from Ivy is the reads list, but it's like, I almost just forced Ivy into posting that, idk. Not a huge fan of how Ivy had no comments on the monkey's reads, but was ready to jump at something I said like "next post is my reads" like, feeling like you have tunnel vision for me after calling me town with a wrong read? idk, I could be overthinking now, might lay off the Ivy pressure for a bit to see what happens, that slot just gives me bad vibes lol and at the same time, some slots aren't really saying anything I can recall. I prefer late game. Cause at the start, we can straight up vibe, then content happens, then boom easy to find the final scum... just need to get there lol
I didn't comment on them because I didn't have much to say, i had them as town and their posts just kept being towny, do you want me to say "I Agree" to every post that looks towny?
Lemons can be town for now
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (isolation #16) » Fri May 14, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Umlaut »

ugh why does Safari want to quote every post I've ever pressed 'quote' on. Ignore all the quotes, that was just a one-liner
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (isolation #17) » Sat May 15, 2021 9:29 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Prodge, getting back to this tomorrow but not sure if I will before I hit the 48-hour mark
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (isolation #18) » Sun May 16, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I would be quite surprised if Andante flips scum (though I disagree pretty thorougly with her Anya read)
In post 401, Egix96 wrote:
In post 381, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 257, humaneatingmonkey wrote:For now, I want everyone to declare what they're doing and what their motive is. I'll go first.
Nothing and I don't have a motive

I'm leaning town on Ivyeo for the reaction to what geraintm posted (regardless of geraintm alignment)

As for geraintm, it would have been towny if this was the first instance of them doing this, but it's not, so it isn't. They can easily be copying what they did as town, as scum here.
:neutral:
So when can I expect you to start doing... you know, something?

VOTE: Dunnstral
I agree with Anya's "cheap vote" characterization here. Egix, if you think Dunnstral is the most likely scum I expect you to come back and explain and to have more reason than you gave in this post.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (isolation #19) » Mon May 17, 2021 3:50 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 525, geraintm wrote:
In post 491, humaneatingmonkey wrote:the dude's not in the business of finding out who scum is, and all about trying to not look like scum. also, I don't think he's ever done something about his vote on me? has he verbalized his reason on voting for me? nah dude, this guy's parking.
i will repeat, day 1 i am very, very bad at finding scum.
last time i looked though, there were 4 votes on you, so why aren't the 3 other people voting for you getting asmuch heat as i am?
Eww.

VOTE: geraintm
Why me fry me
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (isolation #20) » Mon May 17, 2021 6:29 am

Post by Umlaut »

HEM looking better.

T3, I'm either town or I'm not, it doesn't change over the course of the game. Iif you think my posts have been towny then why does it matter whether they're recent or not?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (isolation #21) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 573, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 569, Umlaut wrote:Eww.
Is this a policy lynch? Or you think this was a scummy reaction?
I missed this question. Yes, I think it's a scummy reaction to respond to suspicion of oneself with "but why aren't you suspicious of these other people who did something similar?" It reads like scum indignant about being accused based on what they consider insufficient evidence.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (isolation #22) » Tue May 18, 2021 2:23 pm

Post by Umlaut »

So, T3, you townread... lack of effort?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (isolation #23) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 633, Anya wrote:welcome back dolphin
I'm somewhat put out that VFP gets to be called by the actual name of the animal in their avatar, you should be calling them shark or something.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (isolation #24) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by Umlaut »

@Dunnstral
We miss you, come back.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #713 (isolation #25) » Wed May 19, 2021 2:08 pm

Post by Umlaut »

v/la until at least Saturday
for mental health
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1037 (isolation #26) » Sat May 22, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Sort of back but it's going to be a while before I can read 20 pages and it sounds like we don't have a while

What is VC / what are leading wagons?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1038 (isolation #27) » Sat May 22, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Er, 12+ pages, not 20 (I don't think)
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (isolation #28) » Sat May 22, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I really can't imagine a setup where scum is informed that every single PR has a private topic. Well, I can imagine it but it would be such a terrible setup that I'm rejecting it out of hand. So HEM can't possibly be "slipping" something if it isn't actually true. I don't think we can read into that one way or the other.

VOTE: bugspray for the sake of being contrarian, on balance I have a gut feeling Dunn flips green in which case we learn pretty much nothing from his death whereas (1) I don't have a similar feeling with bugspray and (2) even if town at least they've generated enough associatives that we get usable information from the flip. I considered going back to HEM but he's towned up quite a bit IMO
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (isolation #29) » Sat May 22, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I won't actually do anything to stand in the way of a Dunn yeet other than not-vote-for-it though because I recognize we need to reach a consensus here and it's not the worst possible choice (that being probably Anya or Ivyeo imo). Also I'm off to bed in a few minutes and it's doubtful I'll be back in time for end of day so do what you will.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (isolation #30) » Sat May 22, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1069, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1037, Umlaut wrote:Sort of back but it's going to be a while before I can read 20 pages and it sounds like we don't have a while

What is VC / what are leading wagons?
The burning question right now is whether or not you think HEM scumslipped
I've failed at going to bed so I can answer this (and already did, in ). No, I don't think HEM slipped that every PR in the setup has a private topic, because I don't believe that's true in the first place and so HEM couldn't possibly have been pre-informed of it being true.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (isolation #31) » Sat May 22, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 912, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I still want osuka to happen. I'm absolutely convinced that it's a fakeclaim and he's gonna flip scum anyway. VOTE: osuka
I am willing to lynch Dunnstral. I want more time to evaluate Egix. I don't think bugs is a good counterwagon.
HEM, what's changed for you here? You're explicitly attempting to gather support for Bugs over Dunnstral now.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (isolation #32) » Sat May 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1080, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1056, Umlaut wrote:I really can't imagine a setup where scum is informed that every single PR has a private topic. Well, I can imagine it but it would be such a terrible setup that I'm rejecting it out of hand. So HEM can't possibly be "slipping" something if it isn't actually true. I don't think we can read into that one way or the other.

VOTE: bugspray for the sake of being contrarian, on balance I have a gut feeling Dunn flips green in which case we learn pretty much nothing from his death whereas (1) I don't have a similar feeling with bugspray and (2) even if town at least they've generated enough associatives that we get usable information from the flip. I considered going back to HEM but he's towned up quite a bit IMO
I don't think you quite understand.
Hem later tried to claim that they were responding to a post from the bottom of the previous page.
Okay, and? Even if
were
hypothetically responding to that wouldn't be a very convincing slip.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (isolation #33) » Sat May 22, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1099, Egix96 wrote:
In post 1096, Umlaut wrote:Okay, and? Even if
were
hypothetically responding to that wouldn't be a very convincing slip.
Why not?
Because it's just a semantics game. "Aha, he said definitely that 'they don't' instead of saying 'no, that's not what happened' or something more general like that, this means he
knows
something about what Mafia does or doesn't know!" Assuming HEM is town he probably
should
think Mafia don't have some sort of information about PRs all having private topics just because by default there is no reason at all for such a complex proposition to be true. If anything he'd be more likely to make that sort of 'slip' as town since he wouldn't so carefully consider the implications of the precise wording he used. (Though this is immaterial because I think most likely he really was answering as he said; personally I have never heard of scum 'caught' on something trying to lie outright about
the meaning of the words they wrote
as opposed to just trying to defend the actual meaning as a reasonable thing to write and mean. If 903 were really referring to 901 I would expect HEM to own up to this regardless of alignment.)
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (isolation #34) » Tue May 25, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Umlaut »

Claiming VT at this precise moment with HEM and me just starting to push a different wagon, when town might well decide it's safer to launch the VT claim than then unclaimed Bugs, seems very town to me; safer for scum to just keep their head down a little longer and see what happens than to pop up right then.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (isolation #35) » Tue May 25, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1138, osuka wrote:
In post 746, humaneatingmonkey wrote:bugspray
• skirting in the sidelines
• surprisingly consistent but opaque process
• hasn't slipped in perspective
• i don't know if i can characterize their early setup spec as PR hunting
• isn't incoherently overexplaining in their defense.
take: unsure. very unsure. dare i say with a slight town bias. i almost want to lynch this for being tough to read, but that's not how you play this game.
distancing.jpg
VOTE: hem
You can't seriously think HEM is scum after how yesterday ended.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (isolation #36) » Tue May 25, 2021 5:13 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1130, Cook wrote:Post 1123 hammered bugspray. As such, no further votes were counted.

final VC, Day One
Bugspray (7) [HAMMER]: Dunnstral, T3, Umlaut, Anya, humaneatingmonkey, Ivyeo, Geraintm

Dunnstral (3): VFP, Egix96, bugspray
humaneatingmonkey (2): InsidiousLemons, osuka

With 12 alive it takes 7 to eliminate or 6 to no-eliminate.
I've already explained why Dunnstral is town. Anya, HEM, and Ivy (and, I hope, myself) get full townpoints for making the Bugs launch happen at EOD. Geraintm only gets partial credit since Egix had already given intent to hammer.

If there is scum on the Bugspray wagon it is T3 or Geraintm.

Pedit
Yeah, I'll give Egix some townpoints for that.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (isolation #37) » Tue May 25, 2021 5:18 am

Post by Umlaut »

I'm kind of okay with just saying me-Anya-HEM-Ivy-Dunnstral-Egix is town and launching everyone else in whatever order is convenient
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1185 (isolation #38) » Tue May 25, 2021 5:45 am

Post by Umlaut »

Osuka, I think the thread is pretty self-explanatory on this subject.
In post 1058, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i can vote bugs here, Umlaut. But we need 3 more.
In post 1059, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Anya, Ivyeo, VFP, Egix96, who wants to bumrush bugspray?
In post 1060, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Bugspray (3): Dunnstral, T3, Umlaut, (humaneatingmonkey)

If bugs isn't viable, I'll stick to Dunn
In post 1064, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Bugspray (3): Dunnstral, T3, Umlaut, (humaneatingmonkey), (Ivyeo)
We need two more for the bumrush
In post 1089, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1087, Umlaut wrote:HEM, what's changed for you here? You're explicitly attempting to gather support for Bugs over Dunnstral now.
I thought your vote on him makes sense that it's better to flip him because it would yield more information — information that is necessary for me because I think there's an actual scum push to force a wagon on me and I want to know if bugs/osuka/lemons is a scum team.
In post 1112, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Bugspray (3): Dunnstral, T3, Umlaut, (humaneatingmonkey), (Ivyeo), (Anya),
ONE MORE for the bumrush.

Let's switch wagons now.
VOTE: bugspray
HEM had already said earlier (and I called him out on this) that he was more willing to launch Dunn than Bugs. Dunn was at L-1. All HEM had to do was nothing. He had
no motivation at all
to so aggressively hype a Bugs wagon when Dunn was at L-1. Except maybe in the scenario where the team is exactly {Bugs, Dunn, HEM}, but I don't believe that and I don't think you do either.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (isolation #39) » Tue May 25, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1185, Umlaut wrote:He had
no motivation at all
EBWOP: he had no motivation
if he were scum
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (isolation #40) » Tue May 25, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1166, VFP wrote:I'm not sure if Lemons is scum here.

Egix / Uma / Ivy is where at least 1 scum will be.
In post 1202, VFP wrote:
In post 1174, humaneatingmonkey wrote:what is this read? please explain
Well I already said that there was nothing in their ISO. The pass was being V/LA at that point.
But I don't see why any credit is given to Uma. The push comes at a safer part of the wagon, and I doubt that 4 quick votes were expected.

It's probably distancing gone wrong gone good.
Gone from "I expect one of these three to be scum" to "it's probably Umlaut" pretty quick there.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (isolation #41) » Tue May 25, 2021 6:32 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1197, humaneatingmonkey wrote:depending on what osuka says about his night action, I think we lynch lemons > osuka > VFP > Geraintm > Ivy. Ivy might be our mole in the townbloc. If it's LYLO, I will always vote Ivy.

bugspray did the fake call-out on me when we were scum together.
I'm maybe more convinced than you that Ivy is town. If scum!Ivy raised the point yesterday about being unlikely to get a claim from Bugs it would be as an excuse not to vote there, and she didn't use it as one.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (isolation #42) » Tue May 25, 2021 6:40 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 626, bugspray wrote:wait did vfp really imply that someone else implied that suggesting someone actually read the thread is appeal to emotion?
In post 627, bugspray wrote:lemons implied that someone implied it wtf
I wonder if Bugs got his partners confused here and the team is just {Bugs, VFP, Lemons}
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (isolation #43) » Tue May 25, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Umlaut »

EBWOP
In post 1216, Umlaut wrote:I wonder if Bugs got
their
partners confused here
Mea culpa
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (isolation #44) » Tue May 25, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1270, VFP wrote:
In post 1265, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Ah I see. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. So today, you scumread Ivyeo, Umlaut and would probably vote between there — but you think he could be town and you don't want to say why?
How come you don't want to say why?
Stop role fishing.
VOTE: VFP

This reaction is phonier than the moon landing
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1380 (isolation #45) » Wed May 26, 2021 5:24 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 742, T3 wrote:I don't scumread bugspray but I also didn't like Anya's vote. I think a town/scumflip would give us more info. VOTE: bug
I don't think I properly appreciated what a weird post+vote this was until gerain quoted it. But it's a really weird post+vote! Like, if you were asked to fill in the blank here:
  • I don't scumread bugspray
  • I don't like Anya's vote for bugspray
  • So I will vote for ______
how do you ever fill that blank with "bugspray"?

I don't know what to make of this, right now I'm filing it in "weird move for town but also a weird move for scum," but I'd like it if T3 could comment on just what was going on in their head here.
In post 1377, geraintm wrote:People on the wagon whose votes i am not a fan of

Ivy's - their post 1028 is calling for an elimiantion between Dunn, Lemons and Me
759 was a defence of Bugspray
227 had bugspray as locktown

just makes me antsy
Okay, it might be surprising but what's the scum motivation? Why would scum!Ivy who is calling for an elimination between Dunn, Lemons and you suddenly flip around and agree to vote their buddy bugspray? It seems more like a towntell to me, I can see scum!Ivy voting Bugs if she's trying to keep up appearances but her progression doesn't match that at all.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1385 (isolation #46) » Wed May 26, 2021 5:50 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1348, InsidiousLemons wrote:i do get it, or at least i get what you're going for. i believe that you didn't mix up rolestopper and roleblocker at the time of your claim, sure. what i'm saying is that i think you forgot the specific function of your night action
at the time that you outed your target
, because you had a narrative in mind that you wanted to construct -- one which incriminates hem, and which implicates me when you flip scum. convenient.

when you send in your night action, you specifically target
one person
, and yes i do find it kind of hard to believe that you would forget who that one specific person was. i think hem was what slipped out because he was on your mind, because even though he wasn't your "target",
your action was more about harming hem than protecting me.
i think town!osuka would have been markedly less likely to make this mistake.

there is never going to be a way to prove conclusively whether you would or would not have made this mistake as town. but as i've said, flipping your slot is going to give us a lot of information either way. if you flip red, great. and even if you flip green, that
still
gives us a solid lead on hem and provides us with a frame of reference for what other PRs are more or less likely to coexist in the same game.

and lastly, why does it even have to be hem who shot at me? if the aim is simply to incriminate you and kill two birds with one stone, wouldn't
any
scum seize the same opportunity?
I actually think Lemons is on to something. It seems like Osuka is caught in a contradiction here.
  • He first he "rolestopped HEM" but let's assume he really did mean to say he rolestopped Lemons.
  • Then he says the fact that there was no kill incriminates HEM, to the point where he
    instantly
    regarded HEM as caught scum this morning and cited his action as the reason, as if it were so conclusive that no more explanation need be given
  • And "I rolestopped [Lemons] so that HEM couldn't kill [them]"
  • But then he "i didnt do it to incriminate hem. the fact that there was _no_ kill at all is what incriminates him, and that's just a consequence of me having protected [Lemons] because i thought [they] could be a target."
I can't formulate a coherent state of mind for a town!Osuka to have had last night going into the start of this day, where all of these statements can be genuine. If Osuka rolestopped Lemons out of a belief they were the likely kill choice for
any
scumteam, then he should have expected to stop a kill and should not think it implicates HEM specifically. He absolutely should not think that "at first" as he says in that he did. Conversely, if Osuka rolestopped Lemons specifically because he thought
HEM
would target them, and also thought HEM was scum, he should know that's what he did and shouldn't be making a post like in the first place, where he tries to argue Lemons was a justified rolestop regardless of the team.

I think the error of saying "I rolestopped HEM" reveals that Osuka's mind was more on HEM than it is on Lemons, and so the explanation that he did not initially set out to implicate HEM is phony.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1386 (isolation #47) » Wed May 26, 2021 5:52 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 1384, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Anya, what do you think of VFP's case on Umlaut?
I'll let Anya answer this but I think it's generous of you to describe VFP's posts about me as a "case"
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1390 (isolation #48) » Wed May 26, 2021 6:01 am

Post by Umlaut »

You want me to answer whether I think VFP's case against me is good?

I don't
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1392 (isolation #49) » Wed May 26, 2021 6:17 am

Post by Umlaut »

It seems scum-motivated to me, particularly because VFP's reactions to questioning on that read seem more aimed at
defending their right to think I'm scum
than they do at
convincing anyone I'm scum
. Look at e.g. : all the arguments there are arguments that I
could possibly
be scum
despite
how the end of yesterday went down. They're not arguments that I'm very likely, or even more likely than random, to be scum. They're particularly not arguments that would ever convince someone not already inclined to scumread me. And the repeated "Why is he town besides the Bugs vote?" is rather what-have-the-Romans-ever-done-for-us.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1402 (isolation #50) » Wed May 26, 2021 8:42 am

Post by Umlaut »

Informal VC while we wait for a formal one

osuka
(3): InsidiousLemons, Anya, Ivyeo
InsidiousLemons
(2): humaneatingmonkey, T3
humaneatingmonkey
(2): osuka, VFP
T3
(1): Egix96
VFP
(1): Umlaut

Not voting
(2): geraintm, Dunnstral
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1403 (isolation #51) » Wed May 26, 2021 8:43 am

Post by Umlaut »

Now that I know the VC I'm comfortable swapping to

VOTE: osuka
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1445 (isolation #52) » Wed May 26, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Dunnstral, if you think Osuka is a mistake then make another suggestion.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1451 (isolation #53) » Wed May 26, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by Umlaut »

I considered unvoting just because there's so much daylight left but I'm honestly not that fussed about this
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1501 (isolation #54) » Sat May 29, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Umlaut »

Obligatory bah post

Go get 'em, town!
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1791 (isolation #55) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:25 am

Post by Umlaut »

I voted off two scum in two days, VFP found the doctor N1 and
still
had to shoot VT-me on N2, I'm calling this game bragworthy.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”