mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2420 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by mastina »

Hi I reviewed this game.
In post 2402, Dwlee99 wrote:I didn't know day was a normal modifier.
Technically, this is true so you can blame reviewer oversight on this--
In post 2404, MathBlade wrote:If you want to get really technical only night is but day specific is implied just normals have no day roles.
Innocent Child is a bit unique in how it works.

By default, a non-modified Innocent Child is a passive role, revealed as town at the beginning of the game, as soon as D1 begins.

There are multiple mechanics you can use to change when this confirmation happens. Activated turns the IC from a passive role into an active role (one which, by default, has no specified timeframe of activation, tho that depends on the wording of the role PM).

Night-specific, a role modifier that is Normal, reveals the IC on a specific night, with it working instead of at D1 like the default, to instead trigger later on the specified night.

However, night-specific for IC can be a little bit...tricky, in its wording. Does it reveal at the
start
of the night, or the
end
of the night? I'm not sure which is standard, or if there actually IS a standard.

Day-specific is technically not Normal (and thus technically should not have been passed), but in effect is an extension of the above, which places it at the end of the night rather than the beginning. IC is basically the only role which can use the day-specific modifier (literally the only other role I can think of which could possibly make use of it is an Informed), and it is presumably this lack of roles which can use Day-specific for why it is not technically Normal.

Generally speaking I would assume most reviewers see a day-specific IC and automatically assume it's okay as a role and work on balancing the setup, neglecting to double-check to make sure that day-specific is actually Normal. Or at least, I can tell you that's what happened here for me; I didn't even think about the Normalcy of a day-specific IC and was more concerned with the balance of the role.

We'll see about bringing the topic up in the NRG tho. Both for activation time of a night-specific IC and for if a day-specific should be Normal as a modifier for the few roles that it works with.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2421 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2417, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I think the day modifier on an IC has always been a thing and that it's just an oversight that Day is not marked as an explicitly normal modifier specifically for the IC role.
Basically, this.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”