raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:25 am

Post by raider8169 »

pacman281292 wrote:/QUACK
Wow, a roleclaim in the confirm stage...

Mod
the role for quacks above is the same as the role for doctors.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by raider8169 »

pacman281292 wrote:Dattebayo, Mayor, killed N1
(you know where :wink:)
Vote: raider8169
for considering that if someone says QUACK in his first post then he roleclaimed.
Only scum would vote me before post 20. :P
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by raider8169 »

If everyone plays as a vanilla then that would give scum free reign on killing.

I was trying to figure out if the day before everyone "claims" who they will protect and if that person dies then we can narrow it down. Of course at the same time it also gives scum ideas of who to night kill. Unless someone comes up with a real plan I am fine with letting everyone consider their options and do what they think is best.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Netlava wrote:Somehow, I think going vanilla hands the advantage over to scum and kinda defeats the purpose of the game, but I guess I'll be fine with it if everyone else agrees. I'm trying to think of a way to make good use of the roles.
The purpose of the game is to lynch scum. We have tools we can try and use to our advantage but they can backfire all the same. Im undecided right now but even if we all agree on to not use them I am sure someone still will. I dont think there is a way to figure out who it is and even so the person would be town.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:36 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Light-kun wrote:Then, we could test people with the doctor pairs thing...

Okay then, that makes sense, but I am not sure if we should isolate doctors as mentioned in my X-Y example. So, I am going to wait on other responses.
The pair thing could result in 3 kills the first night. Can we afford that? Knowing that the 3 kills would all be town? Next thing is that the quacks could protect mafia and then we wouldnt have any information and the person could still think they are the real doctor.

I am wondering if when a quack dies will their role be revealed as a quack or just a doctor.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:22 am

Post by raider8169 »

clammy wrote:Okay, i think we can break this set-up by forcing an early mass-claim.

D1, 6 docs claims.
D2, 3 masons claim.

At one of those two points our scum have to make decisions, we'd likely wind up with 9 claimed docs, confirming three townies, distracting the scum, and then, if we played our nights well, leading to the uncovering of scum-lies.

I also have a plan for nights, but that is revealed further down the track...
If the scum are going to claim docs why not have the masons do the same? Is there really a reason to call out our masons? Based on this logic alone you can create a plan and then we can decide on it.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:33 am

Post by raider8169 »

clammy wrote:We want to be able to confirm those masons early, but only on D2, if any scum wants to fake-claim mason they can go for it as they'll quickly be shot down by 2-3 Masons confirming each other.
Confirming the masons would only make them targets for all doctors, quacks and scum. How would this help out town?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:43 am

Post by raider8169 »

Sun Tzu wrote:I don't think playing as vanilla is a good plan.

Although the quacks have the drawback of killing townies, they can also find scum. This makes their role almost equivalent to a vig. The only difference is the scum they target successfully still have to be lynched. I guess this requires claiming, so the role is like a combiantion vig/seer. This is a power role and not a town drawback.
The quacks/doctors will not be able to trustly find scum. For example

Doc A protects town A
Doc B (quack) protects town A

Town A dies both think they are quacks.

Doc B protects scum

Doc B now thinks he is a real doctor and protects the most protown player. Which then dies.

I think the doctors should not protect anyone until the quacks are out of the picture. The masons should not claim as scum will go after them if this is the plan. Thoughts?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:43 am

Post by raider8169 »

roflcopter wrote:
vote: clammy

your plan immediately outs the masons to the scum. nice try.

what we should do is hypo claim doc targets at the start of each day, as in 'if i am a doc i protected light kun' that way masons don't get outed.
I was thinking about this as it was done in another game and had limited results. I dont think it will work cause in the process more people will be killed. The more town we have the better our chances are.

So far I like the idea that the doctors sit tight until both quacks are dead. Main goal of course will be taking out the scum.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by raider8169 »

springlullaby wrote:Also, with doc claim day 1, it effectively immediately out the masons to the scums.

I don't see where you're going with this, so yeah, what was your plan?
Adding to this the scum will target the masons and even if the docs protect them there is a chance they will still be killed. Its better that scum have a chance to hit the quacks and that will help town even though a town will die.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:14 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Netlava wrote:
Vote: Riceballtail

Obvscum

Btw, I simmed through my idea and it doesn't work the way I intend to (by the time the quacks are outed, the scum would have won).

Another possibility is that everyone agrees to target the scummiest player each night and if he doesn't die then we lynch. But this is probably more akin to a less effective vig. Perhaps it could loosely keep track of how many quacks are remaining.
2 things wrong with this post. First is the OMGUS vote. Second is that we will know how many quacks are left as their quack role will be revealed when they die. I would rather everyone not protect someone cause that is just going to kill a town. The chance of finding scum is there but I dont see it being worth it.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:56 pm

Post by raider8169 »

roflcopter wrote:guys, hypodoc works because that way when a quack dies it immediately outs any scum they protected, and it doesn't out the masons in the process.
Maybe so but it will be a couple days into this before we can get any results. In the mean time town people will have died and we can quickly be in lylo.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:38 am

Post by raider8169 »

roflcopter wrote:would you rather take away four chances to prevent the scum kill?
Because having the 4 chances also add 2 chances for more kills. Even if the doctors do stop the scums kill the quacks trying to do the same would most likely end up killing a townie anyways. Plus that could cause a doctor to think he is a quack because another quack protected the same person or it could cause a quack to think they are a doctor when they tried to protect scum.

Best case there are no kills but all the doctors that took actions would think they are the real doctors.

Worse case we have 3 dead townies tomorrow. Bring us to 8 total people and 3 of which are scum. Not good odds. That would jump us right into lylo. With no information really gained. (Also assumeing we lynch a town) Even if we lynch scum 6 town and 2 scum doesnt leave much room for error.

By having them do nothing we will have 1 night kill. The only way we will kill scum is by lynches. The most important thing we can do it make sure we have as many day lynches as possible.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:06 am

Post by raider8169 »

If the docs could protect themselves that could break the game. After all the scum kill the masons and whatnot the real docs can vote no lynch and protect themselves and repeat.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:33 am

Post by raider8169 »

Riceballtail wrote:
FoS:Pacman
for stating a plan I also don't like.
The plan sounds bad at first but it did have some chance of success. Ones the quacks are out of the picture we have hopefuly 4 docs that can start protecting anyone they can. That should cut down on night kills. I would prefere that we lynch scum during the day and then they nightkill one. Repeat and by the 3rd day docs can start doing their thing.

My plan most likely wont allow docs to start protecting until late in the game when they may not be as useful. I still think that has a better chance of success.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:38 am

Post by raider8169 »

Light-kun wrote:Clammy is on my scumdar, just not sure yet how big of a blip he is... *Hm...* Still, I have a few people to look at first so I am going to minor FOS him for weird play. BTW, aside from the fact that Pac's plan fails for making Docs to have unparalleled power, it was actually really good. I discounted it because in my experience and research on this game, I have NEVER seen a Doc that could self protect....
Netlava wrote:
Vote: Riceballtail

Obvscum

Btw, I simmed through my idea and it doesn't work the way I intend to (by the time the quacks are outed, the scum would have won).

Another possibility is that everyone agrees to target the scummiest player each night and if he doesn't die then we lynch. But this is probably more akin to a less effective vig. Perhaps it could loosely keep track of how many quacks are remaining.
I have absolutely NO idea why Net is voting Rice in this post, but this concept is actually pretty strong and fairly pro-town, except, if the scummiest players were both town aligned (outside of mason, in which case, I think the masons should claim if they can confirm each other), then this plan would backfire. Still, it makes the most sense outside of everyone leaving the doctors to do whatever they want.

Again, I like Net's plan, for the moment: town list. There was someone else I am putting on my probably town list, forgot who. I will look that up on my next post, but I want to rest...so, later.
The plans main downside is that we we are more likely to kill more town people witch will mean less lynches. We have no way to kill scum outside of lynches so I think it is more important to limit the amount of nightkills. As there are 3 scum it is going to take 3 day lynches to take them out. If we reduce the number of day lynches then that just makes our chances extremely low.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by raider8169 »

@ clammy, if you have a plan and are not willing to reveal it I will not go along with it. Its that simple. If your plan it bad you can get everyone to release their roles, force a few kills and then be ok with getting lynched yourself because you gave so much information to your scum partners.

Scum can see the advantage to giving up themselves for everyone's roles and also getting a few townies taken out in the process. Until there is a known benefit for town I do not see how hiding your plan would work. Also note that I am sure other people like myself have been thinking about this alot and no one else has come up with a plan where the town can not know about until after it is started.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:15 am

Post by raider8169 »

What are the hurdles you speak off? If you posted them before I must have missed them, so can you post them again?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #19) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by raider8169 »

I dont really have a down side for everyone targeting SL. Not sure if that is the best course of action because if SL is town then scum just got off with a free kill. Granted if SL is not killed we found scum. I will go along with this unless someone objects.

Anyone have a Vote Count?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:29 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Netlava wrote:Clammy's unwillingness to describe his plan is strange, but not necessarily scummy. I agree that he should just describe it now, if it's that brilliant it'll be a shame, but it's necessary in the current situation. I'll have to go back and read through his other posts tomorrow in depth, but I don't recall anything in particular.

Also, by lynching d1, we are basically deciding to go vanilla for now, which is fine, but no lynch is an option too, using the vig thingy or other complex plans, if people are still willing.

anyways, it's late now so more later
No lynch is not an option as that is our only means to take out scum. If we give up that then we just make the situation worse.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #21) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:16 am

Post by raider8169 »

Sun Tzu wrote:I'm willing to hammer unless someone objects.
I object only to the point of making sure everyone understands and agrees to the plan.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #22) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:41 am

Post by raider8169 »

I am fine with waiting. The more we discuss the better.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Sorry about my lack of posting today. I am in the middle of doing my final project and not sure how much time I will have extra until next Monday. I will try to post but if anyone asked me anything please repost it on Monday. Sorry everyone.

PS Willing to hammer when I get back but I would like everyone to either agree with the plan or say otherwise.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:22 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Well I cant say the plan worked as I was hoping.

At this point it seems we have 2 docs, 1 quack, 3 scum and 3 masons.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #25) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:17 am

Post by raider8169 »

Anyone got any ideas on how to proceed? It seems we are back to just lynching the scumiest player and hoping for the best.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #26) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:31 am

Post by raider8169 »

Sun Tzu wrote:I like that plan. Let's lynch whoever we think is scum.

Sorry, that post just sounds funny to me.
It does sounds kind of stupid but I was just saying that we should try and make a plan like we did the first day. If 3 more townies die we lose. That is all I was getting at.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #27) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:10 am

Post by raider8169 »

pacman281292 wrote:I agree; we are on a dangerous situation, and if we commit a mistake, then we will lose the game :(
hmm... what must we do now...
We are not in lylo yet. As long as the quack doesnt kill someone tonight. Still we have 3 masons so its a 50-50 shot as taking out scum today (I assume that the masons are not going to vote for another mason and it would be really hard to lynch someone without their votes).
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #28) » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:35 am

Post by raider8169 »

pacman281292 wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:Or if we lynch the quack, we have doctors to protect at night. Two doctors can still give us the advantage.
But neither quacks know that they are quacks...
+1

If you toss the quack into the lynch mix then we have a 2/3rds chance to have a positive lynch. Still rather let the scum take out the quack.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:13 am

Post by raider8169 »

I am not a fan of everyone making a list of who they think it scummy. The top one or 2 is fine but not everyone. That gives scum too much information to start mislynching people.

I do not think that post was scummy just a bad idea.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Mod
I will be gone until Friday. Not sure if the hotel I am staying in will have a computer I can use.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:05 am

Post by raider8169 »

Im back everyone. I need to look more into the mil rice discussions. I do not really understand the case on Rice, can someone sum it up for me?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:55 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:I thought of this after I typed up the whole of my summary but you are effectively skimming, why can you not re read the whole "militant vs. Riceballtail" discussion yourself?
When someone sums it up it is just easier but also at the same time shows the dedication to the case.

The case does have points but they are not scummy points IMO.

The day one plans were open for everyones opinion. Scum would of course list a plan that would still benifet them without us knowing. Plans that would just be bad can come from both sides. Someone can look at the possible good things that can come out of it without seeing the bad things and it may take someone else to point those out. It is not a scumtell to me. Why would scum try and push a plan they would know would fail?

His vote for net was carried over from the previous day. As he stated and I am happy with that. People do not need to agree with the vote but just make sure his vote is not just sitting on someone.

I do not like lists of who people think are scum. It can start bandwagons if 2 people just think the same. It is way too easy for scum to start one and guide the town into a mislynch. Just my personal feeling. Asking one person about who they think is scum is not so bad but the same affect can happen.

Lynching the last quack or scum will help out town. I would much rather hit scum but atleast if the quack goes down then the docs can start protecting.

I do not think you are scum for thinking the way you do I just thought it was weak when I read it the first time and wanted to give it another chance. The things I did not comment on, I need to look into more.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #33) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:24 am

Post by raider8169 »

This day is starting to drag on. I have not had time to reread and come up with someone worth lynching today, stupid college.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #34) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Netlava wrote:Well, if there's something you think I've missed, feel free to ask.
raider wrote:This day is starting to drag on. I have not had time to reread and come up with someone worth lynching today, stupid college.
This post seems off. I don't like the comment on how the day is dragging on without offering his opinions thus far. It feels like he is trying to rush us to a consensus before he commits.
I would agree with you except I am not pushing a consensus. It is just another way of saying time has not been my friend lately. I am keeping up with the posts as they are posted but I have not been able to read back and find a good lynch candidate.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (isolation #35) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:20 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Sun Tzu wrote:
Dattebayo wrote:Sun, why do you think we should lynch NOW?
No lynch is a bad plan. Do I need to explain why?
No lynch is never really an option, he was asking for a person you want to lynch right now.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #36) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:19 am

Post by raider8169 »

Riceballtail wrote:Our scum: militant/rofl/Sun

Thanks for playing guys.
What are your reasons behind those people being the scum?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:46 am

Post by raider8169 »

Vote militant

This is starting to drag on and I think you are the best lynch at the moment.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:09 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:
raider8169 wrote:
Vote militant

This is starting to drag on and I think you are the best lynch at the moment.
With 3 town dead and only 6 remaining rushing into a lynch because the day is "starting to drag" is horrible. I am not OMGUSing in the true sense of the acronym, I am Fos'ing you because your logic is horrid.

Fos Raider
. Also weird that if you really wanted the day to end you would want someone to be lynched as soon as possible, Rice had the most votes at the time of your vote so in theory you would have voted him, but no you voted me. Why?
I feel rice is trying to scum hunt and I think he found something. I thought a little extra pressure on you may be helpful. The intent of the vote was to hopefully pick up game and get people talking. For now the vote stays, why are you not scum?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (isolation #39) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:07 am

Post by raider8169 »

roflcopter wrote:i dislike how little attention rice and raider are drawing. the town's focus is is too spread out right now, its allowing both of them to skate by without actually saying anything.

just as a reminder, this is what they've added today

rice: militant, rofl and sun are scum bc i say so
raider: i agree with rice,
he's obviously a great scumhunter
. now lets end this day, wot?
Can I get a quote for the bolded please?

Adding your own petty little comments is a scum tatic. That is how it will be taken unless I can get a quote.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #40) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:04 am

Post by raider8169 »

Sun Tzu wrote:He's referring to post 296. While I agree that paraphrasing instead of quoting directly can be scummy, he has a good point. You need to give reasons for why you think someone is scummy, not just decide to agree with someone else who isn't giving reasons.
I did give reasons. I think rice to be more town then Mil. Plus I think the pressure on mil is better then not.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #41) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:58 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:
raider8169 wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:He's referring to post 296. While I agree that paraphrasing instead of quoting directly can be scummy, he has a good point. You need to give reasons for why you think someone is scummy, not just decide to agree with someone else who isn't giving reasons.
I did give reasons.
I think rice to be more town then Mil.
Plus I think the pressure on mil is better then not.
Please explain why (bolded part).

And answer my questions from post 306.
You have given off more scummy vibes to me. I do not have much time right now but I will go into more detail later.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #42) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Unvote

Right now I do not have time to go more into this. I am getting ready to move. I can keep up with things as they happen but rereading is something I do not have time for right now.

In short the pressure was what I wanted and I wanted to use that to see how you and other react and see what I can make out of that. Out of the people I was thinking about doing that with you were the one that gave out scummy vibes.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #43) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:44 am

Post by raider8169 »

Netlava wrote:Do you still find militant scummy after the "pressure" vote?
Of course, I also find just about everyone else scummy as well. I do not have enough time to produce a solid case as I am in the process of buying my house today and then we will be moving for the next week or so.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #44) » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:46 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:Sorry for the second post in a row.

Please nobody hammer before Sun has a chance to claim.
Sun can only possibly claim doctor. Are you expecting something different? If Sun was a mason I would hope the other mason buddies would have done or said something to assist him in this matter.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #45) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:28 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:
raider8169 wrote:
militant wrote:Sorry for the second post in a row.

Please nobody hammer before Sun has a chance to claim.
Sun can only possibly claim doctor. Are you expecting something different? If Sun was a mason I would hope the other mason buddies would have done or said something to assist him in this matter.
Ever since starting to play mafia, I thought it was bad to allow someone to get lynched without claiming because town need as much information as possible. I still wait for a claim in game's like this even though he can only claim one thing; force of habit I guess.
Same here. this is why I have been waiting to hammer. I will give a little longer as I see no need to rush things.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #46) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:23 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Its not worth bring someone else in just to read post one things and then get lynched.

Vote Sun-Tsu

I agree with RiceBallTail above.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #47) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Yeah I do not see any of the masons being lynched. It would have the entire other 4 people to do it. There is still one quack though.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #48) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by raider8169 »

pacman281292 wrote:]I AM A QUACK.

I'M A "DOC", AND I TARGETTED DATTEBAYO TONIGHT. FEEL FREE TO LYNCH ME IF YOU WANT.

That's good :D. And mostly because I'm falling into a near-to-none-activity period of 2 weeks.
I find this hard to believe. Simply because then there would have been 2 night kills. I am guessing scum targeted the same person.

Doesnt mean you are a quack or a doc just means you targeted the same person as scum if you are not scum. Simply said just means you are not a mason.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #49) » Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:57 am

Post by raider8169 »

I have been thinking about the Pacman thing too and come to two different conclusions.

One, he is scum and this is just a plan to get the real quack to target someone.

Two, he is the quack and the other doc can start protecting someone.

I am leaning towards the second. First Pacman did it out of nowhere. He claimed it pretty fast which shows it was planned out. Could be used for either side I know.

Second, If the scum targeted the same person he would have still died thus proving his point. Had he been the real doctor the person would have been saved.

Third, if scum did not target anyone last night then it just further goes to show he was the quack.

This does show he is not the real doctor that much is true. If we think of him as a quack that leaves 3 people unknown. 1 Doc and 2 Scum.

Possible outcomes if Pacman is telling the truth
Lynch one of the 3 2/3rds chance of hitting scum if lynch is random
Lynch Pacman, final quack gone or scum gone and doc can protect at will

If Pacman is lying
1/3rd chance hitting other scum partner
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #50) » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:36 pm

Post by raider8169 »

muffinhead wrote:
prodding Netlava and Pacman

Also Pacman i did notice post 354 however it still is a fairly long period you will be gone for. Therefore if you dont respond in 48 hours which is understandable then I will leave it to the rest of the players to decide whether they want you to be replaced or are willing to wait it out for you to return ok.
Im not too worried about it.

I think I understand his reasoning and if he didnt my post would only help him. It may have been an attempt to keep the game going while he is gone. Besides, if he is scum and is gone then we should not need to worry about a night kill tonight. (Assuming we get the other scum(if he is scum), which is what I think we should try for).
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #51) » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:11 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote: Now hang on a minute...

Why would he claim just because he thinks the game would lose momentum in his latest absence. That doesn't make sense; I don't think anyone would claim for the sake of producing discussion while they are not even there to reply to what is being said or answer questions.
He may have felt what he said was enough. Either way either we believe it or we dont. If we dont we lynch. I believe it so no vote from me. If anyone does not believe it they should vote him and then we can press on.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #52) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:04 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:Also
Major Fos: Jazz and Rice
no matter how terrible their actions I don't think you should put anyone at L-2 yet; we have 2 scum left, they could easily quick lynch Rofl now
I do not see this happening. If someone has a problem with Rofl being lynched then they should speak up now. Do you have a problem with his lynch?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (isolation #53) » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:12 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:
raider8169 wrote:
militant wrote:Also
Major Fos: Jazz and Rice
no matter how terrible their actions I don't think you should put anyone at L-2 yet; we have 2 scum left, they could easily quick lynch Rofl now
I do not see this happening. If someone has a problem with Rofl being lynched then they should speak up now. Do you have a problem with his lynch?
Emphasis on the "could". I acknowledged the fact that it is unlikely but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.
Still the question at hand is do you have a problem with him being today's lynch?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #54) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Riceballtail wrote:I'm still fairly convinced rofl/militant are the two remaining scum.
I agree.

Vote rolf

Not sure what the vote count looks like but I think he is at L-1.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #55) » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:
raider8169 wrote:Still the question at hand is do you have a problem with him being today's lynch?
None what so ever, what I don't want is scum cutting this day short. That's all. I have no objections to Rofl being lynched specifically providing the lynch is not rushed and town have ample time to discuss everything that needs to be discussed and have come to a sensible decision as to who to lynch. As I said, I am not defending Rofl at all...
Can we count on your vote to end the day then? I have nothing left to discuss unless someone has anything else to say?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #56) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:41 am

Post by raider8169 »

pacman281292 wrote:
Netlava wrote:Crap, sorry for taking so long to post. No mason claim please.

Pacman's targetting of Dattebayo seems like a desperate gambit. First of all, violating the plan = no good. And if he's somehow actually a quack, then we can use the doc protects.

Vote: pacman
@read 386, and you'll find why did I use my action tonight.
Are you saying you are going to use your action tonight?

If that is the case please do not as it can not help us out in any way. Also please vote so we can move on.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #57) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:12 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:Why? I want full explanations as to why you think this from both of you before I even consider voting. I am not defending Rofl but I want to know because you have failed to give any reasons what so ever on a day which in my opinion is rather important. Not giving reasons and putting someone at L-1 I don't see as town like behaviour.
As I think a townie will hammer the more you hold off on your vote the more I think you are scum. Be a good scum partner and kill your scum buddy.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #58) » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:24 am

Post by raider8169 »

@Pacman I want you to hammer
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #59) » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:Pacman has gone for a week until the 9th. I am the only one who can lynch Rofl (other than Net but he is already voting somebody else and he doesn't frequent this thread a great deal evidently) which gives you (Rice and Raider) time to answer all my questions.
I will post something to this affect. I was hoping not to have to cause it takes time and I do not have much of it.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #60) » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:54 am

Post by raider8169 »

roflcopter wrote:i'm finding it difficult to respond to the lack of points made against me, but its nice to know i'm at l-1 and we're letting pacman get away with claiming quack on the only night kill.
What problems do you have with his claim and why? If you think this to be a big issue someone needs to make it one. I have said my thoughts on it what are yours in more depth?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (isolation #61) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:44 am

Post by raider8169 »

Netlava wrote:@raider
Why pacman in particular?
What do you mean?

If you mean why I was asking pacman to hammer it was because he was leaving for a while. If you wish to do it by all means go for it! I am asking everyone to vote for someone though.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #62) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:38 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:I have been prodded. I was not posting because I was awaiting answers from Rice and Raider.
Riceballtail wrote:I'd rather have a deadline anyway. I haven't posted due to a lack of other recent posts to comment on, watching this fall below other games on my list.
I have asked you a question but you persist to ignore what I am saying. You do have recent posts to comment on but you apparently didn't notice them. Same goes for Raider, you said you were going to respond with a case against Rofl but you have also ignored me.
Im not ignoring you or this game. My son is being born on Monday so I have not had time to put the whole case together. I was hoping you would take the time to review rolf's actions. You have no placed a vote though. Who do you think it scummy?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #63) » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:52 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Mod

My son is being born in a few hours be back soon!
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #64) » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:15 am

Post by raider8169 »

Hi everyone, wife is still in the hospital and we are hoping to be home on Thursday. Mil I will respond to you sometime either Thursday or Friday and thanks for the congrats.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #65) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:42 am

Post by raider8169 »

This game seems to be waiting on Pacman. Why is that?

militant care to place a vote?

Rolf, you think you know who 2 of the Masons are. Why are you trying to figure them out? Care to say who you think they are?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #66) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:57 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:Why the contradiction and change of heart on the outing of masons all of a sudden Raider?
He opened the topic by saying he thinks he knows who 2 of them are. I want to push his reasoning on that a little more.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #67) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:20 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:I think voting patterns are important here. They have shown who is bandwagoning and I have a sneaking suspicion that at least one scum is on the current bandwagon; if not two.
And yet you are not voting anyone. I think the people on the sun bandwagon are town. I think scum did not want to hammer and left me to do it. I love how you skipped over that part that sun was scum.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (isolation #68) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:29 am

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:Your first point is invalid. Me not voting right now doesn't dispute the fact that voting patterns are important. I think Scum would want to hammer so they look town for hammering a scum. I didn't think I had to mention the fact because everyone knows it; why would I have to point out facts to you?Your not stupid. You are "nit picking". Why do you love the fact I didn't find it necessary to post well known facts?
I see this as a couple of things. Scum may or may not hammer to look town. They may not like the idea of voting their partners or they may just hope that because no one is hammering the bandwagon is failing and then the person will not be lynched. For whatever reason things can be said either way. After a while I am sure someone will say that rolf can not be scum because we are unable to get him lynched.

In short its no so much me being nit picking but what you said is a null tell in my opinion. The motivation for it can go either way.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (isolation #69) » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by raider8169 »

militant wrote:@Raider: What is your opinion on Rice and the way he is lurking and ignoring my posts?

Oh no, my mistake, he only posts to tell me my role and re-confirm the beliefs he has already told us (Rofl and Mili are scum).

So what do you think?
Its hard to say. Currently he feels the same way I do. I agree with much he has said even if it has only been a little.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #70) » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:44 am

Post by raider8169 »

roflcopter wrote:yawn

we are getting nowhere fast
Voting yourself will change that or you can respond to my post where I was addressing you.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #71) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:39 am

Post by raider8169 »

Netlava wrote:Still like my pacman vote.
Why is it you did not believe his claim? Also who do you think it the second person that is scum?
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (isolation #72) » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:59 am

Post by raider8169 »

Netlava wrote:
raider wrote:Why is it you did not believe his claim? Also who do you think it the second person that is scum?
I'm not comfortable with the fact that pacman claimed quack on the only night kill. Plus, I don't think a townie would deviate like that.

My 2nd suspect would be you.
What is there not to be comfortable with? If he did not target that person then he may still think he was a doctor. Now we have an idea of what is going on. The other town person may not have thought to do it and that is not to say it was not a townie type play but pacman thought what he was doing was in the best interest from the town.

Also why am I your second suspect?

I do not see this game getting anywhere anytime soon, might as well have a deadline as no one is really posting.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (isolation #73) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:18 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Woohoo Im still alive!!!

Great game everyone. Good modding mufinhead!
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #74) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:10 am

Post by raider8169 »

Thank you!!!

Little guy is at 12 pounds at almost 2 months. Getting too big already.

Mafia missed a nk, I thought they just happened to pick the same person.
1)- How much did you enjoy this game compared to other mafia games you have played on mafiascum or elsewhere?

2)- Did you enjoy the roles in the game including doctors, quacks and masons?

3)- Do you think the set-up was equally fair for the town and the mafia?

4)- Where/how do you think the game could've been improved?
1) I really enjoyed the game. I was just a plain townie in most of my games, so this was a nice change. There was a lot of possible outcomes and that was left in the hands of everyone. This is one of my favorite games thus far.

2) I thought the roles were good. Though how we played it or was suppose to play it the docs and quacks were just townies until the quacks were killed off.

3) I thought the set up was fair how we played it but if town just protected at random then this game would have been over very fast. Not sure the tracker had as much of a role how we played but that one could have spotted a mason or possible mason.

4) Not sure how it could have been improved I think it was good the way it was, anything different would give a big advantage to either side.

5) I would be for playing in quacks and masons mafia 2. I will be LA later in the year but for now /pre in.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”