Set-up designed by:
Greeting

Back-up moderator:
Datisi

Reviewed by:
Datisi
and
Ircher

Welcome to Mini Normal 2280! The theme of this game will be the biggest music hits of the second half of the 2010s.

Katy Perry feat. Skip Marley - Chained To The Rhythm
(2017)

Commentary: One of my favourite songs of the decade. This bubblegum pop/reggae song and especially its music video is, in fact, a deep critique of American society under President Donald Trump. In spite of the futuristic vibe of the music video, almost all characters have 1960s hairstyles. The purpose of this is to emphasise how, in spite of all the progress, Americans are still stuck in the deep past. Throwing people out to the other side of the wall also sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Player list:
  1. geraintm
  2. MalcolmTucker
  3. Porkens
  4. KittyTacky
  5. Galron
  6. Wayward Son
  7. ProfessorDrapion
  8. NJAC
  9. Salsabil Faria
  10. Crescent
  11. Shiidaji

Spoiler: Alive players
  1. geraintm (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  2. MalcolmTucker (
    Vanilla Townie
    )
  3. Porkens (
    Town Tracker
    )
  4. ProfessorDrapion (
    Town One-shot Backup Doctor
    )
  5. Salsabil Faria (
    Town Doctor
    )
  6. Shiidaji (
    Vanilla Townie
    )

Spoiler: Dead players
  1. Wayward Son, voted out Day 1 (
    Vanilla Townie
    );
  2. Crescent, killed Night 1 (
    Vanilla Townie
    );
  3. NJAC, voted out Day 2 (
    Mafia Ascetic Neapolitan
    );
  4. KittyTacky, killed Night 2 (
    Ascetic Townie
    );
  5. Galron, voted out Day 3 (
    Mafia Roleblocker
    ).

Spoiler: Modkilled players
This is a list you don't want to be on.

Events and vote counts:

• Day 1 start VC 1.1 VC 1.2 VC 1.3 VC 1.4 VC 1.5 VC 1.6 VC 1.7 VC 1.8 VC 1.9 VC 1.10 VC 1.11 VC 1.12 VC 1.13 Day 1 end|Night 1 start Night 1 end
  • Day 2 start VC 2.1 VC 2.2 VC 2.3 VC 2.4 VC 2.5 VC 2.6 VC 2.7 Day 2 end|Night 2 start Night 2 end
  • Day 3 start Day 3 extension VC 3.1 VC 3.2 VC 3.3 VC 3.4 Day 3 end - GAME OVER
  • Last edited by Greeting on Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:15 pm, edited 39 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum
    Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by Greeting »

Rules

Game-specific information:

1. Day Phases last 7 days (168 hours). That also includes Day 1.

2. Night Phases last 2 days (48 hours).

3. If a player requests to replace out or is being replaced out forcibly, the timer is paused until a replacement is found.

4. Day Phase ends early if 50% of players + 1 player come to a decision to vote out a single player. The game then enters twilight phase, which lasts until I announce the results of the Day Phase. Posting during the twilight phase is allowed, but no votes may be changed or cast. No votes changed or cast during twilight phase shall be counted.

5. In case the Day Phase ends and there is no majority of votes on any single player, no player is voted out and Night Phase begins.

6. The mafia have multitasking.

General rules:

1. The MafiaScum.net rules apply in full in this game, as they do elsewhere on MafiaScum.net and are to be applied directly in any matters not covered by this ruleset. I reserve the right to enforce site-wide rules in this game should I find any players breaking them, and ask the listmods for help when necessary. Should any player find any rules in this game be in conflict with site-wide rules, please PM me and I shall refer to the listmods to resolve the issue.

2. The rules specific to this game and the MafiaScum.net rules also apply in other threads which are part of the game (included, but not limited to: the Dead & Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, Private Threads should there be any), unless it is stated in the relevant thread that they don’t.

3. Play to achieve your winning role condition.

4. Do not discuss the content of this game anywhere outside the relevant game threads (included, but not limited to: this thread, the Dead & Spectator thread, the Mafia thread, or Private Threads should there be any).

5. Do not speak privately about the game anywhere except for places where it is explicitly allowed.

6. Do not directly quote any PMs sent to you regarding the game, unless it is explicitly allowed to do so.

7. Do not directly quote from any other game-related thread into this thread (examples: quoting from the Mafia thread into this thread or a Private Thread a player has into this thread). It is, however, allowed to quote directly from other games into this thread under the condition that the relevant game ended.

8. If you are dead in the game, you are no longer allowed to post in this thread. You will be provided with access to a Dead & Spectator thread, where you can comment on the game freely.

9. Please remember, at all times, that this is a game that is supposed provide an enjoyable experience for all. Mafia can get heated. Players will argue. This is all part of the mafia experience. However, you should be considerate of the feelings of others while posting and refrain from any actions that could turn this game into a hostile environment for anyone.

9a. Racism, homophobia, misogyny or any other form of discriminatory action is not allowed under any circumstances. Jokes and dark humor can be offensive, so if you are worried that a joke can cause offense, refrain from making it.

9b. Do your best to not misgender anyone. Use pronouns that are preferred by the player.

9c. Do not criticize a player’s character or characteristics. Criticize their behavior and, most preferably, in-game behavior instead. Using meta on other players is allowed.

10. If, as a player, you believe that a rule was broken and I missed it, please PM me before commenting about it in the thread. I will get back to you and take action if necessary.

11. If, as a player, you believe that I mishandled a situation as a game host, please PM implosion, the listmod for Normal games and add me on BCC.

Voting and activity:

1. The proper voting format is VOTE: Greeting (use of the vote tag). You may also use bold tags, however, in that case, the format must be
    Vote: Greeting
    . Votes cannot be put in spoilers and should a player do so, the vote will not be counted as valid.

1a. I reserve the final right to determine whether a vote is valid or not and will use my best judgement in doing so.

2. Discussing replacements is allowed only after they happen. It is not allowed to discuss any possible future replacements, to threaten to replace or ask another player to replace out.

3. Players must not make their posts unreadable. That includes, but is not limited to:

- excessive use of bright colors;

- using a very small font size;

- writing in a way that makes the text not readable for the naked eye (for example by using a black font that matches the site background).

4. I will use the color
    #0080FF
    in communication with others. I kindly ask you to refrain from using it and pick another color to avoid confusion.

5. Players must post at least once every 36 hours. Prods will be sent out when a player hasn’t posted with game-advancing content for at least 36 hours.

5a. Once a player receives a prod, they have 24 hours to respond. If they do not respond by posting game-advancing content, they will be replaced. If the player returns before I find a replacement, they may rejoin the game. Players may receive up to two prods for inactivity during the game.

5b. Third prods are unacceptable under any circumstances. A player who is to be prodded for the third time will be force-replaced from the game and not allowed to return

5c. Players who have not been active for a longer time before the end of each Day Phase may be asked, at my discretion, to check in via PM during Night Phase. Failure to do this within 24 hours of receiving the PM will yield same consequences as with a prod.

6. V/LA is allowed for up to 4 days. In special circumstances, I may allow V/LA for a longer period, not exceeding 5 days. If you plan on going on V/LA for longer than 120 hours, please PM me requesting replacement. Things happen in real-life and I will understand that. If a player declares V/LA, they will not receive any prods during their V/LA period, however once it’s off, they must post within the 12 hours immediately following the end of V/LA or else they will be prodded.

Private Threads:

1. You may request a Private Thread where you can make notes for the game at any time and I will provide you with such. You may not have more than one Private Thread. Having access to a Mafia thread or any other game-related thread you share with other players does not count as having a Private Thread for the purpose of this rule.

2. As a repeat from 7. of “General rules”, you are not allowed to copy from the Private Thread into the game thread.

3. The reverse of 2. above is allowed. You may quote content from this thread into a Private Thread.

4. After the game is over, you will have 48 hours to request redactions or ask for your Private Thread not to be released. Failure to act will result in your Private Thread being released with no redactions.

5. Discussing the existence or non-existence of potential Private Threads is allowed.

6. Rule 4. also applies to the Mafia thread. Every mafia player can request redactions individually, however, the decision to not release a Mafia thread must be unanimous.

7. The Dead & Spectator thread will be released immediately after the game is over.

Miscellaneous:

1. Players are allowed to claim mafia individually when town-aligned if they feel like it will aid their team in achieving your role condition. Players are not allowed to claim mafia with other players.

2. If a player has a non-compulsive PR, town or mafia, the choice whether to use their role or nor is entirely up to them. No prods regarding role usage will be sent out during Night Phase (or Day Phase, should the game setup involve any roles used during Day Phase).

3. Do not pretend to break the rules. Pretending to break the rules is against the rules.

4. Rules may change during the game, but only in exceptional circumstances. Should that happen, the players will receive an obligatory notification about this occurrence both via PM and by a mod announcement in the game thread.

5. Per Mini Normal Game rules, hydras are not allowed
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Greeting »

Sample Role PM

Welcome to Mini Normal 2280!

You are a
    Vanilla Townie

Every Day Phase you may cast a vote to eliminate a player whom you think is aligned with the mafia.

You win when there are no more mafia-aligned players alive and there is at least one town-aligned player in the game.

Please respond and confirm your role and alignment.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by Greeting »

Pregame progress

1. Making the Mod thread;

2. Making the Game thread;

3. Making the Dead & Spectator Thread;

4. Randomized assignment of roles;

5. Creating role PMs;

6. Organizing Mod thread;

7. Sending out role PMs;

8. Awaiting confirmation.

All role PMs have been sent. The game will start when 10/11 players confirm their roles.

Confirmation status: 11/11
    Last edited by Greeting on Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Greeting »

Day 1 begins!

Votecount 1.0
    Major Lazer & DJ Snake feat. MØ - Lean On
    (2015)

Commentary: Not really a huge fan of this song, but it was, undeniably, a radio music hit for the DJs and for MØ as well. Interestingly enough, Diplo of Major Lazer offered the song to Rihanna and Nicki Minaj and both of them turned it down.

Not Voting
    (11): geraintm, MalcolmTucker, Porkens, KittyTacky, Galron, Wayward Son, ProfessorDrapion, NJAC, Salsabil Faria, Crescent, Shiidaji

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to eliminate.

Day 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-09-19 10:24:00).
    Last edited by Greeting on Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:35 pm

Post by Greeting »

MalcolmTucker has (expired on 2022-09-13 15:36:00) to confirm his role. If he doesn't confirm by the end of this deadline, I will start seeking for a replacement.

Confirmed.
    Last edited by Greeting on Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:50 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.1
    Luis Fonsi feat. Daddy Yankee - Despacito
    (2017)

Commentary: I think this song was what started Latin American music trending in the Western pop music scene in the last 5 years. The success of the song and the remix elevated Daddy Yankee to become the most listened-to artist on Spotify, and the first Latin American musician to achieve this. Impressive, huh?

Crescent
    (1): KittyTacky
    geraintm
    (1): Salsabil Faria
    KittyTacky
    (1): NJAC
    NJAC
    (1): Shiidaji
    Wayward Son
    (1): Galron
    Not Voting
    (6): geraintm, MalcolmTucker, Porkens, Wayward Son, ProfessorDrapion, Crescent

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.2
    Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign - Work from Home
    (2016)

Commentary: I think it's hilarious that this song came out a few years before the COVID-19 pandemic.

Crescent
    Galron
    (1): geraintm
    geraintm
    KittyTacky
    NJAC
    (1): Shiidaji
    Wayward Son
    Not Voting
    (5): MalcolmTucker, Porkens, Wayward Son, ProfessorDrapion, Crescent

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:38 pm

Post by Greeting »

Mine!
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:38 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.3
    Daddy Yankee & Snow - Con Calma
    (2019)

Commentary: This super catchy reggaeton song from Daddy Yankee samples the 1994 song "Informer" by Canadian rapper Snow (also featured in Con Calma).

NJAC
    (2): Shiidaji, ProfessorDrapion
    KittyTacky
    MalcolmTucker
    ProfessorDrapion
    Wayward Son
    Not Voting
    (5): MalcolmTucker, Porkens, Wayward Son, Crescent, KittyTacky

Last edited by Greeting on Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.4
    Camila Cabello feat. Young Thug - Havana
    (2018)

Commentary: Yet another musical celebration of Latin American culture, this time by former Fifth Harmony member, Cuban-born, Camila Cabello. There was a time when this song was in the vast majority of playlists on Spotify which led to payola accusations all across the pop music Internet.

Nonetheless, this is, in my opinion, a great song.

ProfessorDrapion
    (2): Salsabil Faria, Shiidaji
    KittyTacky
    MalcolmTucker
    NJAC
    (1): ProfessorDrapion
    Wayward Son
    Not Voting
    (5): MalcolmTucker, Porkens, Wayward Son, Crescent, KittyTacky

Salsabil Faria
    is on V/LA until 17th of September.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:57 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.5
    Rihanna feat. Drake - Work
    (2016)

Commentary: This dancehall-influenced song might have been Rihanna's last #1 hit ever. ANTi (that is the album "Work" was promoting) was, as of September 2022, her last album to date. There haven't been any recent signs of Rihanna wanting to get back to the pop music scene, where she was an A-lister for around 10 years.

ProfessorDrapion
    (3): Shiidaji, KittyTacky, Wayward Son
    Wayward Son
    (2): Galron, Porkens
    Galron
    KittyTacky
    MalcolmTucker
    NJAC
    Not Voting
    (2): MalcolmTucker, Crescent

Salsabil Faria
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:47 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.6
    Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus - Old Town Road
    (2019)

Commentary: That was a big radio hit! And what a great collab! Rapper Lil Nas X and country singer Billy Ray Cyrus (also the father of Miley Cyrus!) really nailed it.

Old Town Road was nominated for Record of The Year at the 2020 Grammies, and won Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. In my opinion, deservedly.

Galron
    (2): Salsabil Faria, NJAC
    ProfessorDrapion
    (2): Shiidaji, KittyTacky
    Wayward Son
    (2): Galron, Porkens
    MalcolmTucker
    NJAC
    Not Voting
    (3): MalcolmTucker, Crescent, Wayward Son

Salsabil Faria
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:25 am

Post by Greeting »

Shiidaji has been prodded. This is his first prod.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:09 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 349, NJAC wrote: So I'm leaning to think you're dumb
    Do not use this kind of language.

In post 1, Greeting wrote:
    General rules:

9. Please remember, at all times, that this is a game that is supposed provide an enjoyable experience for all. Mafia can get heated. Players will argue. This is all part of the mafia experience. However, you should be considerate of the feelings of others while posting and refrain from any actions that could turn this game into a hostile environment for anyone.

9c. Do not criticize a player’s character or characteristics. Criticize their behavior and, most preferably, in-game behavior instead. Using meta on other players is allowed.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (isolation #15) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:42 am

Post by Greeting »

Galron has been prodded. This is his first prod.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:28 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.7
    Wiz Khalifa feat. Charlie Puth - See You Again
    (2015)

Commentary: This song commemorates Paul Walker, who played one of the main roles in the Fast&Furious movie franchise (Brian O'Conner). Paul tragically, and slightly ironically, died in a car crash in 2013, while Fast&Furious 7 was still being filmed.

Galron
    (3): Salsabil Faria, NJAC, Shiidaji
    MalcolmTucker
    NJAC
    ProfessorDrapion
    Wayward Son
    (1): Porkens
    Not Voting
    (4): MalcolmTucker, Crescent, Wayward Son, Galron

Salsabil Faria
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:10 pm

Post by Greeting »

Mine!
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:11 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.8
    OMI - Cheerleader (Felix Jaehn Remix)
    (2015)

Commentary: My cousin hates this song. Back in 2015, when this came out, she went on holiday with her family to Portugal. They went on a 3 hour boat cruise on the Atlantic Ocean and this song was played on loop from the boat's speakers for the entire duration of the cruise. :lol:

Galron
    Wayward Son
    (2): Porkens, ProfessorDrapion
    MalcolmTucker
    ProfessorDrapion
    Not Voting
    (4): MalcolmTucker, Crescent, Wayward Son, Galron

Salsabil Faria
    Last edited by Greeting on Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:42 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.9
    Post Malone feat. 21 Savage - rockstar
    (2017)

Commentary: This was one of the main songs of the late 2010s hip-hop/trap trend. In spite of the mixed ratings, it was quite successful commercially.

Galron
    Wayward Son
    (2): Porkens, ProfessorDrapion
    MalcolmTucker
    Not Voting
    (5): MalcolmTucker, Crescent, Wayward Son, Galron, KittyTacky

Salsabil Faria
    is on V/LA until today.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.10
    Billie Eilish - bad guy
    (2019)

Commentary: Apparently this is the kind of vibe Gen Z-ers like. The Billie Eilish dark vibe. I'm more neutral on her as Billie Eilish always felt to me like an industry plant.

Galron
    (4): Salsabil Faria, NJAC, Shiidaji, MalcolmTucker
    Wayward Son
    (3): Porkens, ProfessorDrapion, Galron
    geraintm
    (2): Wayward Son, Crescent
    MalcolmTucker
    Not Voting

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (isolation #21) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:54 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.11
    Foals - Mountain At My Gates
    (2015)

Commentary: This is the first spherical music video I have ever seen.

Wayward Son
    (5): Porkens, ProfessorDrapion, Galron, Salsabil Faria, Shiidaji (E-1)

geraintm
    (3): Wayward Son, Crescent, NJAC
    Galron
    MalcolmTucker
    Porkens
    (1): MalcolmTucker

If you saw me randomly posting "Mine!" or "VC here" 1-2 hours ago, your eyes did not deceive you, it was me. I deleted these posts so I would do the VC here instead.
    Last edited by Greeting on Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.12
    Desiigner - Panda
    (2016)

Commentary: For such a big rap hit, this got forgotten pretty fast.

Wayward Son
    (5): Porkens, ProfessorDrapion, Galron, Shiidaji, Salsabil Faria (E-1)

geraintm
    Galron
    geraintm
    (1): MalcolmTucker
    MalcolmTucker

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (isolation #23) » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Greeting »

Flip in approximately 7-8 hours.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (isolation #24) » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:40 pm

Post by Greeting »

Final vote count of Day 1!

Votecount 1.13
    XXXTentacion - Look At Me!
    (2016)

Commentary: I was torn on whether to feature him in this game or not due to his history of anti-social behavior. However, given the fact that I had featured Snoop Dogg before for his musical contributions, I decided to go with that instead. Nonetheless, I acknowledge that this artist in particular had led a very troubled life.

XXXTentacion was probably the most known representative of a musical genre called SoundCloud rap, which was quite popular in the second half of the 2010s. He was murdered in daylight while attempting to defend himself against armed robbers.

Wayward Son
    (6): Porkens, ProfessorDrapion, Galron, Shiidaji, Salsabil Faria, MalcolmTucker (Hammer)

geraintm
    Galron
    MalcolmTucker

With 11 alive, it took 6 to eliminate.

Day 1 ended.
    Last edited by Greeting on Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (isolation #25) » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:44 pm

Post by Greeting »

Day 1 Result
    Wayward Son
    was eliminated!

Wayward Son
    was a
    Vanilla Townie

It is now Night 1.

Night 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-09-21 18:47:00)
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (isolation #26) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:05 pm

Post by Greeting »

Night 1 Result
    Crescent
    was killed!

Crescent
    was a
    Vanilla Townie
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:15 pm

Post by Greeting »

Day 2 begins!

Votecount 2.0
    Ariana Grande - no tears left to cry
    (2018)

Commentary: The inspiration for this song for Ariana Grande and co-writer Max Martin was the Manchester Arena bombing, which happened at a 2017 Ariana Grande concert and resulted in 23 deaths (including the perpetrator). The youngest victim of the terrorist attack was an 8 year old girl.

Not Voting
    (9): geraintm, MalcolmTucker, Porkens, KittyTacky, Galron, ProfessorDrapion, NJAC, Salsabil Faria, Shiidaji

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 2 ends in: (expired on 2022-09-28 19:17:00).
    Last edited by Greeting on Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.1
    Mabel - Don't Call Me Up
    (2019)

Commentary: This was Mabel's biggest hit so far. A cute and catchy pop song, the type you listen to while driving to work/working out.

geraintm
    (2): Salsabil Faria, NJAC
    Galron
    Shiidaji
    Not Voting
    (5): geraintm, MalcolmTucker, Porkens, Galron, Shiidaji

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:04 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.2
    Justin Bieber - Sorry
    (2015)

Commentary: I have just watched the MV and I was surprised to find out that Justin Bieber does not appear in it at all. Did I link up the right one?

geraintm
    (3): Salsabil Faria, NJAC, MalcolmTucker
    Galron
    Shiidaji
    Not Voting
    (4): geraintm, Porkens, Galron, Shiidaji

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:15 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.3
    Ed Sheeran - Shape of You
    (2017)

Commentary: The hook of this song is ridiculously good. This song actually won Ed Sheeran a 2018 Grammy Award for Best Pop Solo Performance.

Galron
    (2): KittyTacky, Salsabil Faria
    geraintm
    (2): NJAC, MalcolmTucker
    Shiidaji
    Not Voting
    (4): geraintm, Porkens, Galron, Shiidaji

Mod note: I had fixed the icon, thanks @KittyTacky.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (isolation #31) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.4
    Drake feat. Wizkid & Kyla - One Dance
    (2016)

Commentary: This song is strongly influenced by dancehall and afrobeat. It's also not a rap song at all, which marks a departure from Drake's past music.

Galron
    (2): KittyTacky, Salsabil Faria
    geraintm
    NJAC
    (2): ProfessorDrapion, Shiidaji
    Not Voting
    (3): geraintm, Porkens, Galron

Last edited by Greeting on Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (isolation #32) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 1110, Shiidaji wrote:This sounds kinda awful compared to the original!! Wow!
    Linked the wrong one! Apologies! :lol:

The one that's in now is the original, but without the MV. For some reason I cannot find an original with MV posted by an official account.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (isolation #33) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:39 pm

Post by Greeting »

NJAC has been prodded. This is his first prod.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by Greeting »

Galron has been prodded. This is his second prod.

It should be noted that there are no third prods in this game, and further inactivity from a slot that has been prodded twice will result in force replacement.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (isolation #35) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:39 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 1141, Salsabil Faria wrote:
    @Mod
    , are you considering this as a game related content? This slot is just dodging prods & doing literally nothing for 2/3 days... Please take action for this slot, they're literally game throwing!!
    I am assuming you're referring to this rule.

In post 1, Greeting wrote: 5. Players must post at least once every 36 hours. Prods will be sent out when a player hasn’t posted with game-advancing content for at least 36 hours.
    I am fully aware that the term "game-advancing content" is, to an extent, a general clause. Nonetheless, from the perspective of a game mod, I do not believe ProfessorDrapion has been in violation of rule 5 cited above.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (isolation #36) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:25 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.5
    Dua Lipa - New Rules
    (2017)

Commentary: Yeah, don't text your ex. Never ends well. Been there, done that.

geraintm
    NJAC
    (2): ProfessorDrapion, Shiidaji
    Galron
    MalcolmTucker
    Porkens
    Not Voting
    (2): Porkens, Galron

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (isolation #37) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:39 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 2.6
    Imany - Don't Be So Shy (Filatov & Karas Remix)
    (2015)

Commentary: This song was a hit in Europe so the Americans might not have heard it before.

NJAC
    (3): ProfessorDrapion, Shiidaji, Porkens
    geraintm
    (2): MalcolmTucker, Galron
    Porkens
    (2): Salsabil Faria, KittyTacky
    MalcolmTucker
    KittyTacky

Last edited by Greeting on Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1316 (isolation #38) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:40 pm

Post by Greeting »

Final vote count of Day 2!

Votecount 2.7
    DNCE - Cake By The Ocean
    (2015)

Commentary: Fun fact, this song is not about cake at all! Also, I admit I had no idea Joe Jonas is in this band.

NJAC
    (5): ProfessorDrapion, Shiidaji, Porkens, geraintm, Salsabil Faria (Hammer)

geraintm
    (3): MalcolmTucker, Galron, NJAC
    Porkens

With 9 alive, it took 5 to eliminate.

Day 2 ended.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (isolation #39) » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:48 pm

Post by Greeting »

Day 2 Result
    NJAC
    was eliminated!

NJAC
    was a
    Mafia Ascetic Neapolitan

It is now Night 2.

Night 2 ends in: (expired on 2022-09-30 19:52:00)
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (isolation #40) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:04 pm

Post by Greeting »

Night 2 Result
    KittyTacky
    was killed!

KittyTacky
    was an
    Ascetic Townie
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (isolation #41) » Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:09 pm

Post by Greeting »

Day 3 begins!

Votecount 3.0
    Clean Bandit feat. Demi Lovato - Solo
    (2018)

Commentary: I wonder what is it that Demi Lovato likes to do solo so much.

Not Voting
    (7): geraintm, MalcolmTucker, Porkens, Galron, ProfessorDrapion, Salsabil Faria, Shiidaji

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Day 3 ends in: (expired on 2022-10-10 20:14:00).
    Last edited by Greeting on Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Greeting »

Due to the site being down, I have added 72 hours to the EoD 3 timer. VC will come in about 12 hours. No prods will be sent out for the next 24 hours too.

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:48 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 3.1
    Calvin Harris feat. Dua Lipa - One Kiss
    (2018)

Commentary: I think that the popularity of this song is a bit surprising. House hasn't been popular since the 90s and yet this was a huge hit for Calvin and Dua.

Galron
    Salsabil Faria
    Not Voting
    (5): geraintm, MalcolmTucker, Porkens, Galron, Shiidaji

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1435 (isolation #44) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:37 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 3.2
    Lana Del Rey - Doin' Time
    (2019)

Commentary: The MV for this song references the 1958 film "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman".

Salsabil Faria
    (2): ProfessorDrapion, Porkens
    Galron
    Not Voting
    (4): geraintm, MalcolmTucker, Galron, Shiidaji

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (isolation #45) » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:56 pm

Post by Greeting »

MalcolmTucker has been prodded. This is his first prod.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:20 pm

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 3.3
    MØ - Final Song
    (2016)

Commentary: I like the name of the genre. Tropical house has a nice ring to it.

Galron
    (3): Salsabil Faria, geraintm, Shiidaji (E-1)

Salsabil Faria
    (2): ProfessorDrapion, Porkens
    Not Voting

Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1492 (isolation #47) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:47 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 1442, Salsabil Faria wrote:
    I'm not interested in
    talking with you
    ... Players who play like
    literal piece of s***
    are harmful for my inner peace...
    This is treading on
    very
    thin ice with regards to the following rule.
    In post 1, Greeting wrote: 9. Please remember, at all times, that this is a game that is supposed provide an enjoyable experience for all. Mafia can get heated. Players will argue. This is all part of the mafia experience. However, you should be considerate of the feelings of others while posting and refrain from any actions that could turn this game into a hostile environment for anyone.
    Be more considerate of what you're posting.
    If this rule is violated again by anyone else, I will take more serious action.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (isolation #48) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by Greeting »

Final vote count of Day 3!

Votecount 3.4
    Calvin Harris feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry, Big Sean - Feels
    (2018)

Commentary: Now, this is a summer anthem!

Galron
    (4): Salsabil Faria, geraintm, Shiidaji, ProfessorDrapion (Hammer)

Salsabil Faria
    (1): Porkens
    Not Voting

With 7 alive, it took 4 to eliminate.

Day 3 ended.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (isolation #49) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by Greeting »

Day 3 Result
    Galron
    was eliminated!

Galron
    was a
    Mafia Roleblocker

The
    town
    of geraintm, MalcolmTucker, Porkens, ProfessorDrapion, Salsabil Faria and Shiidaji have eliminated the last remaining member of the
    mafia
    and won Mini Normal 2280! Wayward Son, Crescent and KittyTacky have also won posthumously.
    Last edited by Greeting on Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (isolation #50) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:06 pm

Post by Greeting »

Last edited by Greeting on Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1571 (isolation #51) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Greeting »

Thank you for playing Mini Normal 2280!

In my opinion, town, in spite of all the mess that happened in Day 1, got its stuff together and eliminated all the mafia one by one. I don't think the mafia played badly either. As a matter of fact, until Day 2, I thought the mafia would be winning this game. But the odds turned with the elimination of NJAC, and by then I already knew that town is very likely to win.

All in all, what makes me the most happy as host is an active game. Thank you for not replacing out and being active throughout the entire game.

Did you enjoy the set-up, the game, my modding, the rules? Constructive criticism is welcome.

Everyone may now post in the thread, even people who did not participate in the game.
    Last edited by Greeting on Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1575 (isolation #52) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 1573, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Well looks like I was dead wrong at the end.

Who was Doctor?
    Salsabil Faria was Town Doctor. Post has been updated with all the roles, you can find the role PMs in the Mod Thread.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1603 (isolation #53) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:00 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 1588, Salsabil Faria wrote:
    Thank you for modding
    Greeting
    , love the music flavours.... & also sorry for breaking the rule :oops:
    Don't stress about it, I've done worse as a player in the past.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1605 (isolation #54) » Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:06 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 1601, Salsabil Faria wrote:
    From mod thread:

Tracker (Porkens) tracks Salsabil Faria - success, receives "Salsabil Faria targeted ProfessorDrapion.

@Porkens
    , lul

Neapolitan (NJAC) investigates KittyTacky - "Request yielded no result."

:o
    That reminded me about your question with regard to the Ascetic role.

Basically, nothing other than day elimination or nightkill (of any flavor, mafia, town or SK) will work on them. Doctors can't save them. Cops/Trackers/Neapolitans can't check them. Mailmen cannot send them mail. Any active roles used on them bounce back. That doesn't mean that you cannot try to perform an action on them. It just won't really do anything.

So if Porkens tried to track KittyTacky or NJAC, what he would get would always be no result. If you had tried to save KittyTacky, it wouldn't have worked.
    Last edited by Greeting on Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (isolation #55) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 1617, NJAC wrote:Thanks for modding @Greeting. I have no redactions.

I feel this was a bit unbalanced, btw.
    Why? It passed review.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1630 (isolation #56) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Greeting »

All PTs have now been released. Once again, thank you for playing and I hope to see you guys again in the future.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (isolation #57) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:33 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 1632, NJAC wrote:
    In post 1629, Greeting wrote:
    In post 1617, NJAC wrote:Thanks for modding @Greeting. I have no redactions.

I feel this was a bit unbalanced, btw.
    Why? It passed review.
    I'm not really sure, I think an early Lim on one scum would make things really hard for the remaining scum. I think I have never played 2 vs 9. Considering as an example that newbie games have 2 vs 7 I feel this setup is harder for scum. But I'm not an expert so I don't really know.
    So what you don’t like about the game is actually the swing and not the balance per se.

I agree that it was hard for the mafia to win after you were eliminated by the town on Day 2. But had Galron bussed, and gotten involved more in the game in general, he would have stood a much better chance of winning. So while the swing was indeed bigger than in 9p or 13p games, both of you had powerful and ungated roles to make up for your smaller numbers.

Sometimes town gets very lucky when the mafia get very unlucky. This happened to me both as lucky town and unlucky mafia (most recent example being Newbie 2100). But Salsabil Faria’s instincts to hammer you were correct and could be attributed to your scumplay in my opinion, which would make them more than just luck.

I don’t think you played badly. Town was just more decisive and Porkens made better use of his role. I also don’t think KittyTacky was a good choice of N2 kill, might have been better to kill someone who was considered conftown.
    Last edited by Greeting on Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Greeting
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Greeting
    he/him; they/them
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (isolation #58) » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:18 pm

Post by Greeting »

I believe that at the very start of the game and up until Day 2 it was actually very balanced and it was the mafia who stood a very good chance to win the game. A traitor with this setup would make the mafia too strong, and a neutral wouldn’t influence the strength of the mafia in the game.

I do recognise that NJAC’s death caused a swing, but that swing was far from being the only reason for town winning and mafia losing.

Oh, and statistically it would have been possible for the game to end Day 2, but very unlikely and highly dependent on the play itself.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”