Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2242 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:00 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Hi. I read this game.
In post 2129, DragonEater70 wrote: IDK, winning with quickhammer feels a bit... cheaty? And... unfun? If I were mafia I would like to win by outsmarting town, not by randomly having one townie vote another and quickhammering.
@DragonEater, I would caution against thinking about Elo this way.

Scum coordinating a quickhammer, in Elo is
playing to win condition
. Once a townie has voted another townie in Elo, the scum teams options become :
-Win the game right now
-Talk it out, and maybe win the game later, but maybe lose.

One of those is playing to win condition (There are cases where the quick hammer is not the best course of action, like if you think that that town could have a PR that could stop the win from occurring such as Loved/Vengeful/SuperSaint - but these are the exceptions, not the rule).

This is the method scum win in Elo in most scum win games: Hammering the moment they get the opportunity.

This does not lessen a scum win, because in order for the quick hammer to be possible, they needed to:
-Trick town into killing town day 1
-Trick town into killing town day 2
-Trick town into killing town day 3
-In Elo, trick a townie into voting for another townie.

That is a well earned scum win, even with the quickhammer being the tool to seal the deal.

-----

It is important to KNOW that this is The Scum's Way To Win In Elo.

So that when you are town, you know: If I vote in Elo, I must be ready to Bet The Game on this being a correct vote.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”